Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Nice you did beat my bench boost with 6 points then. I guess we both had Stones and Dias? That week was my highest gameweek rank. Not sure how high it was.
How many points? Did that miss a couple of digits off? Or did you mean beat BY 6 points?

I got 143 and another player for 144, as they'd captained Stones which was insanity with his 2 goal burst.

We have a tenner for top score, but someone nicked that to 145 last week! (12 point hit with technically 157!)

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Well, Son to Mane would've been a good decision. But with leader getting him, even if I'd done it AND captained him, I think I'd have been 5 off him.

Would've got 2nd but Greenwood not playing for 2nd place team meant his first sub came on which was ... Coufal :rolleyes:

So 3rd it is and that'll teach me to look at it properly sooner and not December when I was about 18th :)

Congrats to all who won.

(January actually. I was 1,527,000th then. Ended about 70k)

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Did not quite have the strong finish as you always wish for but since the team was built to spread out the risks and stay stable it is quite difficult to start doing pull off the high risk transfers for maximize for last round. A bit surprisingly, Semedo's goal "saved" the season somewhat!

OR: 1740
RedCafe: 2nd
Redcafe 20/21: 1st/2nd
Private ML: 1st

I have not really been as active in this forum as I would like to but it really made FPL more fun and a place to go to after each round. Thanks for sharing thoughts: @Dirty Schwein , @Paul_Scholes18, @CassiusClaymore , @Sandikan and many more!
Great rank mate. Well done

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
£200 just landed into my bank account. Happy days.
Done well to get it so quickly before it's even properly confirmed in the table.

In fairness, I've had my main league winnings in, but only because I'm the chairman AND treasurer!
Gotta pay about £500 out tomorrow still :(

ThehatchetMan

Plz look at Me! Pay attention to Me!
Supports
Crusaders FC
Ended up with 2419 points so think I finished around 60k mark. Won both my mini leagues too.

Had a strong finish going from 300k to 60k in May and also gained around 370 points in that time. Think I may have also placed first in Northern Ireland for the month of May too but still waiting tables to update.

Paul_Scholes18

Just remember I play a draft league too. Noone is that active apart from my rival for first and myself being semi active.

I ended up getting the win with 1 point. Played Targett and benched Werner by error and that won me the league.
Someone had sold Werner so picked him up, but did not look at my team before the deadline to know he got added to my team.

My head to head rival had Pepe and Mane, but I still did beat him with 1 point.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Well done to all of ou who still had top spot to play for today.

I ended up in 4th.

RedDevil@84

It was an exciting end to things in my ML. The guy in 3rd was 15 pts behind and by the look of things, he was set to turn it around and grab the 2nd spot by 1-2 points, until Bale scored a brace in 8 mins or so. Ultimately lost by 6 pts.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Anyone clock the top in the world situation?
Fantasy scout summarises it.

1st in the world dropped to 10th! Ouch.
2nd stayed 2nd and was gazumped by 3rd.

Checked my record and in the earlier years I had 3 or 4 positions of 5 to 10k. But numbers have gone up insanely since.
3rd in my league has had a string of 2-5ks the last 6 years which is a super run.

Once he came 437 in the world, albeit those pre 2010 years when numbers were way down from 8milll!!

ROFLUTION

aUuuuUUh! 106 pts

went from 250k to 150k in the last gw and won my main minileague by >1< point :lol: :lol: :lol: Fergie time

Thank you very much Bale. Had him the very two times in the end where he made big numbers

ROFLUTION

So @Skåre Willoch where did you end up in the overall rank? Simply curious as to whether your pre-season self belief was quite big haha

Also 8 mil players is quite a lot. What used to be a nice top 15k finish is probably similar to a 20-25k finish this year (lots of new players who havent fully nerded it just yet)

ROFLUTION

Also who is playing Euro fantasy when it starts?

It can be fun to play a bit more punty cause it is very hard to do well given it only got 7 rounds.

Just for those playing I would not recommend Bruno. He is brilliant, but Ronaldo surely takes the pens right?
Same gameplay/point system as FPL? Where can I find it?

Paul_Scholes18

Same gameplay/point system as FPL? Where can I find it?
On UEFA website for Euros.
The two big changes are manual subs and captain changes.
Also no bonus points.

This change things a lot. Pen takers in midfield extra good since if they miss you sub them. Forwards not as good without bonus. Assists for defenders not as good without the bonus. Cheap central defs in good sides good. Expensive keepers slightly better, but not worth the money in group stage. Say someone like Ward Prowse, Jorginho would be better in this game.? Watkins, Benteke not as good.

Last edited:

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Anyone clock the top in the world situation?
Fantasy scout summarises it.

1st in the world dropped to 10th! Ouch.
2nd stayed 2nd and was gazumped by 3rd.

Checked my record and in the earlier years I had 3 or 4 positions of 5 to 10k. But numbers have gone up insanely since.
3rd in my league has had a string of 2-5ks the last 6 years which is a super run.

Once he came 437 in the world, albeit those pre 2010 years when numbers were way down from 8milll!!
Yeah that must be tough to take when you've led for so long. Tbh it was set up so perfectly for Mane as a differential captain for those chasing it wasn't much of a surprise. I think he even acknowledged that his team wasn't in great shape going in to that final day.

Best finish I had was 3500 a couple of years back. Gambled on the last day to try and get into the top 1k and ended up slipping away. No regrets.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
So @Skåre Willoch where did you end up in the overall rank? Simply curious as to whether your pre-season self belief was quite big haha

Also 8 mil players is quite a lot. What used to be a nice top 15k finish is probably similar to a 20-25k finish this year (lots of new players who havent fully nerded it just yet)
I think a lot higher than 15k to be fair.
I think pound for pound this year was either my best or second best.

This year 25k earlier years 3 or 4 x 5-10ks.

Looptheloop16

RedCafe #1
OR 738

Top 3 or 400 was definitely in reach if I'd done the sensible thing and got Mane in to cover his threat.

Withnail

Finished with 72pts in the final day. Digne transfer was a disaster but not too bad.

Pretty disappointing last couple of months to finish around 220k compared to where I was before Easter (just outside 20k) Took my eye off the ball a bit and then a few gambles didn't pay off. Think I stopped reading this thread for a bit to be honest.

I won the Red Cafe H2H league though while languishing in 138th place :lol:

Skåre Willoch

I ended up at 24k. Not happy, but not too disappointed either. Was 10k after GW 35, but got greedy in the end. Made a bit of dough and (still) hold bragging rights at work and in the football team.

Paul_Scholes18

I'm already missing FPL :(
You will love Euro fantasy or hate it. You will face the big problem of changing your captain or not. You have captain Kane with a goal and 6 points. Do you change to Ronaldo/Bruno for last day. You do and Ronaldo/Bruno miss a pen and gets a yellow card. I think the general rule I seen is 7 points you stick with, but change if less. If you have 2 good captains left you could change with 8 potentially too.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
You will love Euro fantasy or hate it. You will face the big problem of changing your captain or not. You have captain Kane with a goal and 6 points. Do you change to Ronaldo/Bruno for last day. You do and Ronaldo/Bruno miss a pen and gets a yellow card. I think the general rule I seen is 7 points you stick with, but change if less. If you have 2 good captains left you could change with 8 potentially too.
I might just do it for the itch :lol:

Is there a red cafe league as I know my friends aren't playing it?

Schneiderman

All these names I've never seen before popping up with their top 2k results :lol:

My worst season by far in years at 150k, but considering I was 2.6 millionth just before half way I'll take winning my mini league.

I'm in for Euros fantasy if someone sets up a league.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Exactly that. These legends popping up when it's all finished!
I'm getting an image in my head of these guys reading here that your friend said "He Sandi, wanna take a trip to Dallas when we're allowed to travel again?" and you're suddenly on the floor having a seizure. Or my daughter starts to sing "Row Row Your Boat" and I'm there telling her to shut up about Smith Rowe :mad:

We just needed an arm around us to tell us it'll all be ok :lol:

Moby

Dick
I'm getting an image in my head of these guys reading here that your friend said "He Sandi, wanna take a trip to Dallas when we're allowed to travel again?" and you're suddenly on the floor having a seizure. Or my daughter starts to sing "Row Row Your Boat" and I'm there telling her to shut up about Smith Rowe :mad:

We just needed an arm around us to tell us it'll all be ok :lol:
:lol:

Paul_Scholes18

I might just do it for the itch :lol:

Is there a red cafe league as I know my friends aren't playing it?
You could just play for fun. It would be interesting to have a pure Man United squad. Only players who plays or have played for us.

Thus my squad would be something like this.

Henderson De Gea
Maguire Lindelöf Shaw, Blind, ?
Dan James, Mctominay, Bruno, Donny, Pogba?
Ronaldo Lukaku Rashford

Many good strikers since we have Depay as well.

Paul_Scholes18

All these names I've never seen before popping up with their top 2k results :lol:

My worst season by far in years at 150k, but considering I was 2.6 millionth just before half way I'll take winning my mini league.

I'm in for Euros fantasy if someone sets up a league.
It is cause you listen to advice from me, Sadikan and Dirty and many others here. These players never listen to us regulars so that is why they are doing better ;).

Particular before the season. Martial and Werner will be great. Vinagre, Ferguson, Lamptey that is a solid defensive team.

We did talk up Benteke and Zaha, but I think most of us went with Zaha in the end. I even did consider Greenwood to Zaha for a potential hit since he played blank 36, but then we got a triple gameweek so that changed everything.

Moby

Dick
I started the season with a bench spot for Ferguson so that I don't have to waste a transfer when he gets fit few weeks into the season. Waited a few GWs for that.

Life hurts in mysterious ways.

Paul_Scholes18

I started the season with a bench spot for Ferguson so that I don't have to waste a transfer when he gets fit few weeks into the season. Waited a few GWs for that.

I will do the same for Phil Jones next season ;).

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Ferguson won the "surely back soon" of the season didn't he.
Followed by Lamphey and Grealish.