Fantasy Premier League 20/21

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
You could set one up. I'm sure there'd be more than a few up for it.
I'm a sheep, not a shepherd :lol:

I started the season with a bench spot for Ferguson so that I don't have to waste a transfer when he gets fit few weeks into the season. Waited a few GWs for that.

Life hurts in mysterious ways.
Apparently he got another Achilles injury today. I'm beginning to wonder if the dude even exists.

Schneiderman

It is cause you listen to advice from me, Sadikan and Dirty and many others here. These players never listen to us regulars so that is why they are doing better ;).

Particular before the season. Martial and Werner will be great. Vinagre, Ferguson, Lamptey that is a solid defensive team.

We did talk up Benteke and Zaha, but I think most of us went with Zaha in the end. I even did consider Greenwood to Zaha for a potential hit since he played blank 36, but then we got a triple gameweek so that changed everything.
Hahaha, that must be it. To be fair, I think I did much better since reading this instead of the FF Scout, that place is the worst.

Dele Ali over Son and Kane too, and Trent is essential. Remember Oskar Buur? Got 22 minutes out of him! Looking back at my starting team it's absolutely dreadful.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Hahaha, that must be it. To be fair, I think I did much better since reading this instead of the FF Scout, that place is the worst.

Dele Ali over Son and Kane too, and Trent is essential. Remember Oskar Buur? Got 22 minutes out of him! Looking back at my starting team it's absolutely dreadful.
I remember getting him after FF Scout mentioned him. All he did is get me that 1 point in the opening week and blocked my Dallas assist and then cost me a transfer to throw him out. Wasn't a buurilliant call at all. I'll see myself out.

Paul_Scholes18

I think sometimes you do not follow your own advice. Like Lingard I avoided since I had Antonio and did not want double up. Stupid reason when both are good. Got Lingard first when Antonio got injured.
Also sold Bamford since I had Raphinha to avoid double up when both are good options.
Also avoided De gea, Wan Bissaka double for my wildcard which did cost me a lot since Wan Bissaka was pure beast in the 9-0. Could also gone Pope, Wan Bissaka as he was the only other option playing in 18 and double 19.

I did double up on City def though partly since having one feels so bad when your guy get benched. If you have two one should hopefully play. Also I am happy if they concede anyway so there is less pain.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
That period when Dias and Stones played every game and clean sheeted every week, with a few goals and a lot of bonus was absolutely critical

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ricardo Pereira is up there too. Spent the first 25 gameweeks or so not bringing in James Justin because Pereira was about to take his place
That Justin probably deserves a berth in the team of the season. Had him day 1 and he was amazing with his unexpected hauls.

That's the best bit of fantasy footy, those early days when you really do have different players to your rivals.
Come the last 10 weeks it all gets a bit templatey.

This year's week 1 was bad though,with no Manc teams, meaning we all got on Auba and the likes.
One clown in my league intentionally did his wildcard week 2. Ridiculous.

Paul_Scholes18

What is your best judgement with a transfer and worst?

My best is not getting Kane for second Liverpool game for a hit. I did not rule him out doing well, but I thought waiting one more week might be better since I did not want to captain him anyway.
Kane got injured in the game and everything changed in terms of what I wanted to do. Thus it shows that rushing players in might not always work even if they are Harry kane good.

My worst selling Dallas before Man City for a hit since I was scared about Dias being rotated so I wanted a better backup with easier fixture and also to free up money. Dias was rotated so Dallas would have come on with 17 points haul. The guy I got was Phillips and he got injured next game leaving me with 10 player as well. Also that moved blocked my obvious move to do Dias to TAA with the money gained.

Last edited:

Withnail

My best is not getting Kane for second Liverpool game for a hit. I did not rule him out doing well, but I thought waiting one more week might be better since I did not want to captain him anyway.
Kane got injured in the game and everything changed in terms of what I wanted to do. Thus it shows that rushing players in might not always work even if they are Harry kane good.

My worst selling Dallas before Man City for a hit since I was scared about Dias being rotated so I wanted a better backup with easier fixture and also to free up money. Dias was rotated so Dallas would have come on with 17 points haul. The guy I got was Phillips and he got injured next game leaving me with 10 player as well. Also that moved blocked my obvious move to do Dias to TAA with the money gained.
Dallas was mine too. Thought I was being clever swapping him out for that game. Brought him back in shortly after.

I was a bit slow to the Lingard train as well and was never able to get Kane in.

Although absolute worst mistake was panicking and being trigger happy with my wildcards. I didn't get the benefit and was always on the back foot after that.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
That Justin probably deserves a berth in the team of the season. Had him day 1 and he was amazing with his unexpected hauls.

That's the best bit of fantasy footy, those early days when you really do have different players to your rivals.
Come the last 10 weeks it all gets a bit templatey.

This year's week 1 was bad though,with no Manc teams, meaning we all got on Auba and the likes.
One clown in my league intentionally did his wildcard week 2. Ridiculous.
There's always a bandwagon you miss that just goes on and on and on. I think I wouldn't have won my mini league if it hadn't have been for him getting injured.

Just looking back on my squad for week 1. Thought it was going to be worse than this to be honest.

McCarthy
TAA Robertson James
Salah Alli Havertz Soucek
Werner Ings Wilson

Ramsdale, Taylor, Bissouma, Mitchell.

Bit silly going for Havertz and Werner so early before seeing how they settled. Alli was a shocking punt as it turned out

RedDevil@84

I picked my GW1 team in a hurry and had a crap week. I quickly realized that I need to rearrange the whole team and took my first WC in GW2. With all the shifting that I needed to do, I took out Son (Spurs lost to Everton in GW1) and Son scored 4 goals in GW2.
But I jumped on the Bruno, Salah and Bamford train in that week. So I wouldn't complain too much. But it was shocker to see my ML mate haul it in with captain Son that week.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
There's always a bandwagon you miss that just goes on and on and on. I think I wouldn't have won my mini league if it hadn't have been for him getting injured.

Just looking back on my squad for week 1. Thought it was going to be worse than this to be honest.

McCarthy
TAA Robertson James
Salah Alli Havertz Soucek
Werner Ings Wilson

Ramsdale, Taylor, Bissouma, Mitchell.

Bit silly going for Havertz and Werner so early before seeing how they settled. Alli was a shocking punt as it turned out
Yep, that should be in the key lessons like always back the attacker, and if in doubt don't bet against the big name players.... don't get on the big money foreign signings before they settle.

Di Maria was one time I followed that rule though, and he was superb that first month. I remember being in a real flux watching him live smash QPR up, knowing the key rival for the season had him!

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town

I don't have many bests :lol: but I'd probably say either DCL as I had a hunch he was going to start explosive so had him from the start or TAA, who I transferred back in at the exact correct moment.

Worst has to be either Struijk as that blocked me from getting Raphinha (already had Dallas and Bam) which I didn't think about or Zaha for the double that useless twat.

Bygone Sounds

Probably keeping Dallas & Mitchell on wildcard gw31. Dallas came on with 17p and Mitchell 13p in gw36. Also quickly jumping on the Ziyech and DCL-train early on.

Worst decision was use of BB in GW 26 which felt a bit forced and resulted in 11p.

Worst transfer was probably choice of Fulham defender gw25-29. Went with Aina instead of Andersen.

RedDevil@84

Which are the players that surprised you the most by staying in your team for lot more weeks than expected.

One of the players for me is Matt Targett. I had absolutely no reason to bring him other than his price and then was thinking to sell him later. But he stayed for so many weeks getting in pretty decent points.

Paul_Scholes18

Which are the players that surprised you the most by staying in your team for lot more weeks than expected.

One of the players for me is Matt Targett. I had absolutely no reason to bring him other than his price and then was thinking to sell him later. But he stayed for so many weeks getting in pretty decent points.
Probably Martinez. Got him week 3 and had him all season.

Justin stayed longer than I thought. I always feared for Pereira taking his spot for a long time when back.

Keeping Lamptey for as long as I did was awful though. He got injured so that forced my hand to sell him.

I got Watkins on my wildcard in week 18 and had him for last 20 weeks. I can't say I did not consider selling him and he caused a lot of frustration, but overall he did a good job for me.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town

Zaha. I had him for the last 4 games. That was 4 games too many.

On the other end of the spectrum, Bruno was my ride or die. Had him from GW2 until the end.

Bygone Sounds

Martinez & Dallas for sure! Also Forster & Mitchell who made late comebacks somehow.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
That Watkins frustration for much of the first half of the season!
Posts, bar, shots saved, narrow misses, all the time listening to the commentary team hyping him up.

Choice of two low points.

Missing a pen very late on. That was a killer. And the end of his pen taking .

Having a last min goal VAR'd out . That wait for the decision having already celebrated, garrh.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Interview with the Irish man who won the FPL:

What are they on about with usernames?
The winner didn't get banned for an offensive username but for racism on a private group where a pal or acquaintance of his ratted him out.

What's worse is that the guy (a Bulgarian chap who runs a channel on youtube) didn't for a second apologise just seemed to be all yeah it's their game fair enough etc.

I think I saw someone in the top 10 called something like only "matip" went in or something dodge.

Withnail

What are they on about with usernames?
The winner didn't get banned for an offensive username but for racism on a private group where a pal or acquaintance of his ratted him out.

What's worse is that the guy (a Bulgarian chap who runs a channel on youtube) didn't for a second apologise just seemed to be all yeah it's their game fair enough etc.

I think I saw someone in the top 10 called something like only "matip" went in or something dodge.
Only put Matip in :lol:

He must have gotten the wrong story but if he had a pun on coon in the name he was best taking it out even if it was a reference to his surname.

I didn't know about your man getting disqualified before today. Just reading about it there, his defence seems to have been that he only said to his, presumably white, friends.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town

He must have gotten the wrong story but if he had a pun on coon in the name he was best taking it out even if it was a reference to his surname.

I didn't know about your man getting disqualified before today. Just reading about it there, his defence seems to have been that he only said to his, presumably white, friends.
I'm stealing that for next year :lol:

Paul_Scholes18

I just studied the winner a little bit. He went for the Mane punt captain which made sense if rival did go with Salah so he got that right, but mainly won it from Ederson pen save luck.

Imagine in your last two rounds you get Rudiger goal and then Ederson pen save. Insane way to win it. He won with 5 points thus those 5 pen save point was the only difference. Maybe he could have won it anyway on tiebreaker though.

Withnail

I just studied the winner a little bit. He went for the Mane punt captain which made sense if rival did go with Salah so he got that right, but mainly won it from Ederson pen save luck.

Imagine in your last two rounds you get Rudiger goal and then Ederson pen save. Insane way to win it. He won with 5 points thus those 5 pen save point was the only difference. Maybe he could have won it anyway on tiebreaker though.
Small margins isn't it?

He was saying in the interview it was looking dodgy until Robson Kanu scored in the last minutes because his opponent had Dallas and he was in line for two bonus points so until that goal went in he thought he was going to lose by 1pt.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's massively on those small margins throughout the game.

I was pretty much level with my rival at half time if it had all stayed the same, and Greenwood had come on for 1 point.

Instead, Martinez went from 9 to 3, Greenwood doesn't come on, so Holding in off the bench for 7, Willock doesn't get the 3 bonus he was on for, and Johnstone got a point or so extra,and all of a sudden I win by a comfy sounding 16!!

Paul_Scholes18

Small margins isn't it?

He was saying in the interview it was looking dodgy until Robson Kanu scored in the last minutes because his opponent had Dallas and he was in line for two bonus points so until that goal went in he thought he was going to lose by 1pt.
Insanly tiny for sure. Guy in first dropped a lot and he had a good team, but no keeper.

None of the top 3 with Martinez. I find that a bit crazy given how good and popular he have been.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

I did wonder if his name was Coone or Co-one, like I always wonder if Noone is No-one .
But yeah, name related punnery may well not have gone well!

An asian fella in my league once had a very dodgy 4 letter word alliteratively combined with "power" once.
That wasn't great sending that out on work email every week! I think i had to edit it!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Insanly tiny for sure. Guy in first dropped a lot and he had a good team.
And @Dirty Schwein

I asked the guy who came 2nd to me why he didn't try and differential me. (Instead doing Godfrey to Phillips, which meant we shared Salah cap, and shared Liverpool defence)

He said he was concerned about the guy in 3rd who had double Liverpool defence!

Imagine being 21 points off 1st, and more concerned with blocking the guy in 3rd, who was another 30 odd back!!

His decisions meant that because I brought in Dallas, we in effect ended up with just 4 differentials, which was a big ask to make up and expand on 21.
Although as stated, at half time I was worried!

Paul_Scholes18

And @Dirty Schwein

I asked the guy who came 2nd to me why he didn't try and differential me. (Instead doing Godfrey to Phillips, which meant we shared Salah cap, and shared Liverpool defence)

He said he was concerned about the guy in 3rd who had double Liverpool defence!

Imagine being 21 points off 1st, and more concerned with blocking the guy in 3rd, who was another 30 odd back!!

His decisions meant that because I brought in Dallas, we in effect ended up with just 4 differentials, which was a big ask to make up and expand on 21.
Although as stated, at half time I was worried!
Maybe top 2 reach CL in your league so gain more money? I think it is the case in the danish league ;) and some other smaller leagues in Europe.
I am from Sweden and we are so bad with only one CL side.

I guess his fantasy fans might not liked it though. They wanted to beat Sadikans Galacticos, but his sponsors wanted the money for second place.

I guess Glaziers if we had 1 point up to Man City in first and 2 to Liverpool in 5th. They would want us to take the draw.

Last edited:

Swiss_Red89

I think i posted it already two weeks ago:
Will someone of you guys also play the Fantasy game of Euro 2020?
It's included in the official Euro2020 App from UEFA.

Really hard to choose your players, there are so many good ones :wenger:

Paul_Scholes18

I think i posted it already two weeks ago:
Will someone of you guys also play the Fantasy game of Euro 2020?
It's included in the official Euro2020 App from UEFA.

Really hard to choose your players, there are so many good ones :wenger:
Everything depend on your strategy. I think for round 1 then the big favorites are.

Denmark vs Finland
Austria vs North Macedonia
Poland vs Slovakia
Portugal vs Hungary

Thus I think picking players from them is good.

Ronaldo and Lewandowski are maybe the two best ever goalscorers the world has seen and also on pens.
I do not fully trust the sides they play for, but would certainly consider them as picks when they have easy fixtures in theory.

Maybe not Ronaldo since he is getting a bit past his best, but when you rule him out he often bounces back.

Swiss_Red89

Everything depend on your strategy. I think for round 1 then the big favorites are.

Denmark vs Finland
Austria vs North Macedonia
Poland vs Slovakia
Portugal vs Hungary

Thus I think picking players from them is good.

Ronaldo and Lewandowski are maybe the two best ever goalscorers the world has seen and also on pens.
I do not fully trust the sides they play for, but would certainly consider them as picks when they have easy fixtures in theory.

Maybe not Ronaldo since he is getting a bit past his best, but when you rule him out he often bounces back.
Yes my strategy for the first round will be to pick the players with easier fixtures in the first round. (Ronaldo and Lewandowski already in my team, will move one of them on after the first round) And i'm planning to bring in Kane as well, even though that front three makes the rest of my squad not easy to pick :lol: I'm not sure you can miss out on Kane as he probably is the only fix starter in the Engalnds offence and will be on penaltys as well.

Paul_Scholes18

Yes my strategy for the first round will be to pick the players with easier fixtures in the first round. (Ronaldo and Lewandowski already in my team, will move one of them on after the first round) And i'm planning to bring in Kane as well, even though that front three makes the rest of my squad not easy to pick :lol: I'm not sure you can miss out on Kane as he probably is the only fix starter in the Engalnds offence and will be on penaltys as well.
I am using limitless round 2 I think. I assume teams rotate in round 3, but not round 2. Thus I should know the lineups for most of the big teams I hope and all the expensive star players should start.
I guess Southgate might bench Shaw for Chilwell etc so not fully sure I can trust England since Scottland should be easy I think.

At least I think Mbappe, Kane, Lukaku, Ronaldo should play round 2. Probably Bruno, KDB, Bale etc too. Sterling starting or not maybe a doubt if I want to punt on him.

Last edited:

Swiss_Red89

I am using limitless round 2 I think. I assume teams rotate in round 3, but not round 2. Thus I should know the lineups for most of the big teams I hope and all the expensive star players should start.
I guess Southgate might bench Shaw for Chilwell etc so not fully sure I can trust England since Scottland should be easy I think.

At least I think Mbappe, Kane, Lukaku, Ronaldo should play round 2. Probably Bruno, KDB, Bale etc too. Sterling starting or not maybe a doubt if I want to punt on him.
Don't you think limetless makes more sense for round of 16, as there will be lesser teams facing the big guns and all the teams surely will play with full strength? (I'm reckon there could be rotation for play round 2)

Paul_Scholes18

Don't you think limetless makes more sense for round of 16, as there will be lesser teams facing the big guns and all the teams surely will play with full strength? (I'm reckon there could be rotation for play round 2)
You get a free wildcard for round of 16. Thus not sure what you do if you use limitless instead.

I am actually not sure about the transfers after limitless etc. I think if you can't use normal wildcard if you use limitless then it is not worth it.
If you get your wildcard saved for the next round instead then it could be gold, but I doubt that.