Fantasy Premier League 21/22

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
No way. Think Salah will be 12.5m, and I don't see Haaland being as expensive as him. Considering that Kane, Salah and Son are as guaranteed as success can be, and with the way Guardiola manages forwards and new players, if Haaland comes in above either of them, I likely won't consider him early on.

My prediction for the premiums:
Salah 12.5m
Kane 12.0m
De Bruyne 12.0m
Son 12.0m
Ronaldo 11.5m
Haaland 11.5m
Mane 11.5m

The likes of Diaz, Lukaku, Fernandes, between 9.0m and 11.0m
Salah would be 13
KdB 11.5
Haaland 12
Kane will be 12 or 12.5

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Was thinking the same and yeah they can think about that. Would be fun if both Kane and Son are forwards though, will be the whole coin toss thing again. He will easily be 11.5or 12 as well.

Wingbacks is the biggest one for me. TAA, Cancelo, Robertson all need to be at least 8.5-9.
Yep, they need to find a way of rebalancing premium defenders versus forwards.

Seven defenders scored more than 150 points this year versus two strikers. And those two strikers both cost over 12m, almost double what the defenders cost.

And when you look at the seven defenders who got 150+ (TAA, Cancelo, Robertson, Van Dijk, Matip, Laporte, Rudiger) it's basically driven by the floor of being regular starters in the best defences. Unless the City, Liverpool and Chelsea defences drop off, you could probably expect a similar batch of defenders from the same teams getting similar returns next year. Whereas picking strikers in that price range is a lot trickier, let alone at the prices above them.

Last edited:

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Finished just inside the top 35k which has been my best rank finish in years. Best actual points finish by circa 200 points. Very lucky with the captaincy this season, 758 points from it which was a big help. Having Son for the last few weeks seemed to help me massively in my mini leagues. KDB also while ditching Kane and Salah seemed to work well. Good year for big at the back too

Paul_Scholes18

Was thinking the same and yeah they can think about that. Would be fun if both Kane and Son are forwards though, will be the whole coin toss thing again. He will easily be 11.5or 12 as well.

Wingbacks is the biggest one for me. TAA, Cancelo, Robertson all need to be at least 8.5-9.
Realistically I say TAA 8, Robertson 7.5, Cancelo 7 or 7.5. Now I can understand raising Cancelo since he is clearly the best City defender, but if you raise him too high you need to raise all other City defenders to insane costs as well.

I think they should not overreact too much. City def was already good last year, but Cancelo was still only 6 million.

TAA has been 7.5 now two in a row. He could get 8, but I think 7.5 is pretty reasonble. Going cheaper defs can still save a lot of money.

For me they need to focus on the relative potential, but also allow us to afford to have 4-5 top picks as well.

Moby

Dick
Realistically I say TAA 8, Robertson 7.5, Cancelo 7 or 7.5. Now I can understand raising Cancelo since he is clearly the best City defender, but if you raise him too high you need to raise all other City defenders to insane costs as well.

I think they should not overreact too much. City def was already good last year, but Cancelo was still only 6 million.

TAA has been 7.5 now two in a row. He could get 8, but I think 7.5 is pretty reasonble. Going cheaper defs can still save a lot of money.

For me they need to focus on the relative potential, but also allow us to afford to have 4-5 top picks as well.
Depends on how easy or difficult you want the template to be. With the current prices it's gonna be a fairly obvious template again.

Withnail

Yeah you're right. I think the key is in pricing.

But I wish they found a way to make DMFs more useful. Like maybe they get 3 points for a CS rather than 1?
Yeah it's always struck me as odd and a little frustrating that if they're not scoring or assisting there's no point having them even if they're the best in the league at their actual job.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah it's always struck me as odd and a little frustrating that if they're not scoring or assisting there's no point having them even if they're the best in the league at their actual job.
You'd have someone like Roy Keane, one of the key players in the whole league essentially being a dead asset.

Tough job though setting the prices.
This was the season where decent price strikers were hardly worth it.

Kane had a little resurgence late on, and even Ronaldo scored most of his goals in little flurries.

If you had your time again you'd have 4 or 5 big defenders and work odd that.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I finished in the top 5k in the end :cool: A personal best for me.

Slightly annoyingly, it's the first season in a while I've not had any money riding on it and therefore I spent less time on my team each week but did better than past seasons.

paulscholes18

If Mane goes Diaz could be a tasty option don't think he would be anymore than 9M, and go Diaz, Son and Haaland. As I think Salah, Son and Haaland would be impossible if you want TAA and Cancelo as well.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I finished in the top 5k in the end :cool: A personal best for me.

Slightly annoyingly, it's the first season in a while I've not had any money riding on it and therefore I spent less time on my team each week but did better than past seasons.
Well done. There's a lesson in there somewhere...

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
If Mane goes Diaz could be a tasty option don't think he would be anymore than 9M, and go Diaz, Son and Haaland. As I think Salah, Son and Haaland would be impossible if you want TAA and Cancelo as well.
I think Haaland will be phased in. I'm going KDB. Salah isn't a certainty for me, I'll wait to see if he hits form, Jota will be my Liverpool attacker. Trippier is going to get good numbers and I expect him to be less than the big 3/4 fullbacks.

Paul_Scholes18

Will be playing another draft next season. Haaland or Salah as first pick?
Probably Salah in draft. He usually gets 200+. Haaland is pure guessing.

With Haaland there can be rotation ,will he perform as well in new league, injuries, pens or no pens. Plus he is a forward.

paulscholes18

Who is keeping Haaland out from their zero other strikers?
His fitness record goes against him, this season played in 30 games out of 47. There's also pep roulette they won the league by rotating players in the no9 place, and strikers get 1 point less for a goal and no clean sheet bonus.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Probably Salah in draft. He usually gets 200+. Haaland is pure guessing.

With Haaland there can be rotation ,will he perform as well in new league, injuries, pens or no pens. Plus he is a forward.
I mean he'll definitely be on pens with City being notoriously bad at them. Other stuff is valid though yeah.

ROFLUTION

As Pep said, they might have to adjust their setup for Haaland. Could take some games before it gels, but then after that he could be a goalmachine. An easy way to get him in two transfers might be smart, if not owning him from the beginning.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Rumours the new season game will be out in 10 days.

Seems a bit early, but is actually in keeping with last year in terms of date before the first game. (Starts a week earlier this year).

Paul_Scholes18

First PL draft with pure guessing if I can afford.

Sanchez and 4.0.

Digne, Doherty, Shaw, Laporte, Chilwell.
4.5 Kulusevski Bowen Salah Sancho
Haaland Wilson Mitrovic.

The forwards can certainly change depending on cost. I hope Wilson is under 7 for sure.

I assume TAA is 8 and too expensive and Cancelo at least 7 as well. Digne is in since I think he will only be 5 and Shaw might be 5 as well.

Last edited:

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town

Sanchez and 4.0.

Haaland Wilson Mitrovic.

The forwards can certainly change depending on cost. I hope Wilson is under 7 for sure.

I assume TAA is 8 and too expensive and Cancelo at least 7 as well. Digne is in since I think he will only be 5 and Shaw might be 5 as well.
You've clearly learnt nothing :lol:

Paul_Scholes18

You've clearly learnt nothing :lol:
Wilson yes is risky. He will haul as soon as you sell him or get injured. Which will be before gameweek 1 most likely, but if he is 6.5 a bit tempting if Newcastle buy noone.

Championship forwards tend to do pretty well. Pukki, Dennis and Toney all with high overall scores.
I just put Mitrovic in since I do not know the other championship gem forwards.
If Adams is just 6 maybe punt on him instead.

paulscholes18

Sanchez and 4.0.

Haaland Wilson Mitrovic.

Thought of mine, with my price guesses came to 99.5m

Raya ( 4m)
TAA Cancelo Chilwell Perisic Trippier
Son Diaz Bruno G (H Wilson, B Johnson)
Haaland (Gelhardt, 4.5)

Paul_Scholes18

Thought of mine, with my price guesses came to 99.5m

Raya ( 4m)
TAA Cancelo Chilwell Perisic Trippier
Son Diaz Bruno G (H Wilson, B Johnson)
Haaland (Gelhardt, 4.5)
I think you can afford more quality in midfield than 3 cheap ones. Or how expensive do you expect Diaz, Haaland and Son to be?

I am guessing Haaland 12 and Son 11.5, but maybe I underestimate them?

Diaz 9.5 I think. They might make Diaz more expensive if Mane is sold and making him more first choice.
He was 8 last season though and it is not like he killed it.

Guess we know soon. There is always some gems you did not think about and some players more expensive than you thought.

paulscholes18

I think you can afford more quality in midfield than 3 cheap ones. Or how expensive do you expect Diaz, Haaland and Son to be?

I am guessing Haaland 12 and Son 11.5, but maybe I underestimate them?

Diaz 9.5 I think. They might make Diaz more expensive if Mane is sold and making him more first choice.
He was 8 last season though and it is not like he killed it.

Guess we know soon. There is always some gems you did not think about and some players more expensive than you thought.
Thinking Diaz 9, Haaland 11.5 and Son 12