Fantasy Premier League 21/22

Paul_Scholes18

All good points. I'm actually on a 4-3-3 at the moment with a back line of Trent, Chilwell, AWB (will be Shaw when fit), Digne and Ayling as my £4.5 defender.
Love that def I think. Only concern is Chilwells minutes, but Ayling is good enough cover I think and maybe you have one decent backup mid.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Love that def I think. Only concern is Chilwells minutes, but Ayling is good enough cover I think and maybe you have one decent backup mid.
Yeah that's my thinking on Chilwell. Upside is worth it as long as you have some cover. If he's missing too many games there's plenty of options to switch to at that price.

Paul_Scholes18

Bowen played in all 38 games last season, also read that he is on penalty’s in pre season over Antonio.
I think without Lingard he should be more nailed to start.

Just looked it up. Over christmas he did not start every game, but before Lingards first game he only missed two games from start.

Thus unless they buy someone he should probably be nailed from the start.

I think Rice might have pens again, but we will see. Noble still at the club too, but yeah he will not play much.

Paul_Scholes18

Yeah that's my thinking on Chilwell. Upside is worth it as long as you have some cover. If he's missing too many games there's plenty of options to switch to at that price.
Yeah Chilwell was the second highest player for points per game last season. Only Stones did better. Also as a wingback and playing under Tuchels defensive Chelsea he might do even better than last season.

I think the only better player was Stones and the advantage with Stones is that Pep last season never used him as a sub. Chilwell I think was used as a sub 1-2 times.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Selecting the 4.5 defenders is actually quite difficult.

Fofana, not nailed (formation dependent) and zero attacking threat.

White, again, zero attacking threat. People keep pointing to arsenal conceding less than most teams but look at their clean sheets stat and it tells a different story. Most teams scored one against them and defended knowing arsenal didn't have an attack!

Lamptey, injury prone.

Coady, no one knows how Wolves will play with new manager.

Ayling, probably the best option because this year he will most likely not be playing CB and will have more attacking threat and he is nailed. Only issue is that I have Raphinha and usually don't like to double up on a team that is not top 4.
Yes, that's why my first draft (and most will likely be in end result) was like below.

An extra £m per defender gets you a big (likely) increase in points over the 4.5m ones, who are mainly dross.

First draft.

paulscholes18

Ait-Nouri has the potential to be this seasons Dallas, down as a defender but has been playing Left wing for wolves in pre season.

Paul_Scholes18

Ait-Nouri has the potential to be this seasons Dallas, down as a defender but has been playing Left wing for wolves in pre season.
I expect Neto and Podence to start over him as a winger when back. Wingback better for minutes. Which formation do they play?

Paul_Scholes18

In that formation I am not sure Neto and Podence does the defensive work as well as Nouri. Thus he might actually play in this formation as a sort of defensive winger, but possible that he gets rotated I guess.

Certainly keeping my eyes on this situation. Neto might start up front for them in this formation too with Jimenez.

Mcking

In that formation I am not sure Neto and Podence does the defensive work as well as Nouri. Thus he might actually play in this formation as a sort of defensive winger, but possible that he gets rotated I guess.

Certainly keeping my eyes on this situation. Neto might start up front for them in this formation too with Jimenez.
I think he is playing on the wing because their wingers are unavailable for now. If they play him permanently on the left wing, then they would have three of Adama, Podence, Neto and Trincao on the bench.

I have Ait-Nouri on my current draft and intends to start with him in my team if he can lock down a place, but I'd rather see him playing at leftback, and I think that is where he will play.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Sancho's price will be 9.5

Last edited:

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
With Shaw, Bruno and Cavani, i don't have room for Sancho but still...9.5 mil is too much.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I don't ever have United players in my FF team, too worried about jinxing them in real life :(:lol:

Paul_Scholes18

So I made a fast Sancho draft.

Sanchez Bachmann

TAA Digne Shaw/AWB Coufal Ayling
Raphinha Salah Son Sancho 4.5
Watkins Toney Welbeck

If Sancho hits the ground running (and thanks to Southgate, he's fresh), could take off and price rise. It's a gamble of how he integrates with team and PL (though I don't see too many issues with either)?

Last 3 seasons stats (not PL I realise)

Season Apps Goals Assists
2018/19 26 (8)12 14
2019/20 25 (7)17 16
2020/21 24 (2)8 11

If he plays 30 games (60 pts), gets 8 goals (40 points) and 10 assists (30 points), that's 130.

Say United get 15 clean sheets (15 points) and 10 games with BPS, average 2 (20 points), takes it to 165.

Would've been 7th for MFers last year.

One more in every category, he'd have been 4th.

I might gamble and put him in my second team. Focus is first team and second is about differentials... could go horribly.

Paul_Scholes18

That's not awful?

Maybe tinker with TAA (use money to boost Welbeck) and Salah to Bruno (extra 0.5).

A 4.5 MFer... Bissouma or Douglas Luiz?
I quite like it, but not sure Sancho is worth it as a captain over Bruno. Is Brunos pens worth 2.5 million more?
Also Cavani getting good service now so might be the guy for goals from us.

If I change Welbeck to Cavani and Sancho down to Bowen/Barnes I might have a stronger team. That is more my old drafts pretty much.
Or take out Son and Sancho for Bruno and Barnes/Bowen.

Just not sure how much Cavani will play and is the 12 millions for Bruno really worth it? Thus Sancho could be the best pick, but if Sancho gets many assists I guess Cavani gets the goals or Greenwood if he starts up front.

I think I stick with TAA. I like having a strong def and finding the gems up front instead. United, Everton and Liverpool have the fixtures I like most for attacking defenders. Thus few defender transfers and no keeper transfers and mostly transfers for premiums and finding the gems up front.

I quite like it, but not sure Sancho is worth it as a captain over Bruno. Is Brunos pens worth 2.5 million more?
Also Cavani getting good service now so might be the guy for goals from us.

If I change Welbeck to Cavani and Sancho down to Bowen/Barnes I might have a stronger team. That is more my old drafts pretty much.
Or take out Son and Sancho for Bruno and Barnes/Bowen.

Just not sure how much Cavani will play and is the 12 millions for Bruno really worth it? Thus Sancho could be the best pick, but if Sancho gets many assists I guess Cavani gets the goals or Greenwood if he starts up front.

I think I stick with TAA. I like having a strong def and finding the gems up front instead. United, Everton and Liverpool have the fixtures I like most for attacking defenders. Thus few defender transfers and no keeper transfers and mostly transfers for premiums and finding the gems up front.
It'll be interesting to see how Sancho changes the dynamic of our attack, and how that impacts on Bruno. Could be less attacks go through Bruno (Sancho is the pick) or could be Bruno/Sancho click and Bruno gets more chances? Common sense says we haven't waited a year and spent that much money to NOT use him?

In terms of Cavani, I'm hoping he plays a lot because Rashford will be out and the alternative is Martial playing more and my throat is still sore from screaming "Run! Move you lazy git!" at him last season.

PSV

...aaand he's in.

Ederson / TAA - Dias - Chilwell - Stones - Robertson / Jota - Mount - Sancho / Watkins - Wilson / Guaita, Harrison, Dallas, Toney

That midfield better find some goals between them.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I think I have decided on a team (bar Tammy going to a team where he starts). More and more players that I just don’t want to take out now, including my punts!

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
...aaand he's in.

Ederson / TAA - Dias - Chilwell - Stones - Robertson / Jota - Mount - Sancho / Watkins - Wilson / Guaita, Harrison, Dallas, Toney

That midfield better find some goals between them.
Will there ever be a game week that you don’t play Ederson?

I would bring in a 4.0 GK and maybe upgrade Jota to Grealish to be sure you have a starter there.

Or, if you are comfortable with the cover you have for Jota, maybe Wilson to DCL? He has great fixtures to start.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Not sure if I want Sancho or not but my draft with him in it would be:

Sanchez
TAA, Shaw, White
Sancho, Salah, Son, Raphinha
DCL, Toney, Iheanacho

Subs: Steele, Ayling, Lamptey, Gilmour

Something like that...

ROFLUTION

I think there are a few potential ones including Cantwell himself!

I think Olise is one to watch at Palace and there is a real player in Rashica if he can find his best form at Norwich.

Possibly Jones starting at Liverpool too if they don’t sign anyone else. I think he looked really good at times last season.

There are a few at 6 million too. Trincao is one of those that could well be bought by a top 4 side in the future. He has the ability.

Harrison, Sarr and certainly Willock if he does back to Newcastle.
Cheers, nice bit scouting work there.

Harrison at 6 seems very underpriced given his 8 goals and 10 assists last year (160 pts), so does Raphinha of course.

At 6.0 for me Traore (if he starts) also has great value, Buendia even more at 6.5. Take a look at his highlights last year and he is just deadly even on small chances.

Always liked Podence, and at 5.5 he's one to watch with Jimenez back and more creative forces to help him out and finish his created chances. Low output last year, which probably is why he cost 5.5, but I feel there's potential there.

People will probably laugh at me, but Welbeck at 6.0 could be undervalued if he continues where he left off and can get continuous game-time. Seemed a very needed match to make Brighton more fluid and freeflowing in attack, plus was on pens at a time (before he fecked one up)

Paul_Scholes18

Not sure if I want Sancho or not but my draft with him in it would be:

Sanchez
TAA, Shaw, White
DCL, Toney, Iheanacho

Subs: Steele, Ayling, Lamptey, Gilmour

Something like that...
I think the trust in Brighton def is something that can backfire. They got the fixtures, but they are a tricky side to call.

Lamptey got the ceiling for assists he was just so injury cursed last season . You got cover in case he misses a game and the question is if he is worth it if he is not playing every game?

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I think the trust in Brighton def is something that can backfire. They got the fixtures, but they are a tricky side to call.

Lamptey got the ceiling for assists he was just so injury cursed last season . You got cover in case he misses a game and the question is if he is worth it if he is not playing every game?
White is in there as I assume he's going to the Arse. Sanchez I feel is the best option in goal for 4.5. Lamptey is not guaranteed for me, he's a placeholder. Most likely I'll be looking at all the 4.5 defenders more before the deadline. Same goes for Iheanacho and all the other 7.5 strikers.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I don't play this but I strongly recommend you put Buendia in your team. Looking very sharp and dangerous, going to be very good for Villa. #redskytip #kinkyshit

Paul_Scholes18

White is in there as I assume he's going to the Arse. Sanchez I feel is the best option in goal for 4.5. Lamptey is not guaranteed for me, he's a placeholder. Most likely I'll be looking at all the 4.5 defenders more before the deadline. Same goes for Iheanacho and all the other 7.5 strikers.
Yeah Nacho if playing can be great. I think Watkins might be the safe pick, but Nacho feels more explosive. There is lots of good players with doubts, but we might know more when the season starts.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Undecided between these two:

Sanchez
TAA, Shaw, Coufal
Bruno, Salah, Buendia, Raphinha
DCL, Toney, Iheanacho

Subs: Steele, White, Fofana, Gilmour

Or this:

Sanchez
TAA, Shaw, Coufal
Watkins, Toney, Iheanacho

Any thoughts?

Paul_Scholes18

Undecided between these two:

Sanchez
TAA, Shaw, Coufal
Bruno, Salah, Buendia, Raphinha
DCL, Toney, Iheanacho

Or this:

Sanchez
TAA, Shaw, Coufal
Watkins, Toney, Iheanacho

Any thoughts?
Sancho plus Son feels stronger than Buendia and Bruno, but lots depend on if Sancho can match Bruno.

Watkins and DCL feels equal level and can go both ways. DCL better fixtures looking at the first 6-10.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I don't play this but I strongly recommend you put Buendia in your team. Looking very sharp and dangerous, going to be very good for Villa. #redskytip #kinkyshit
You don't play... FPL? Are you a savage?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
With Shaw, Bruno and Cavani, i don't have room for Sancho but still...9.5 mil is too much.
It's funny with those big new signings, they seem to either absolutely smash it and you really miss out if you're not on them early (Salah, Di Maria), or you smash your lineup to get them in, as the potential seems too mad to avoid....Werner, then they massively under achieve.

Wonder which Sancho will be.