Fantasy Premier League 21/22

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Sancho plus Son feels stronger than Buendia and Bruno, but lots depend on if Sancho can match Bruno.

Watkins and DCL feels equal level and can go both ways. DCL better fixtures looking at the first 6-10.
I remember last year the fantasy footy experts said Bruno was over priced as his scores heavily rely on pens and we wouldn't get as many :)

However, he's a bonus points magnet, and who can forget that non assist that he got late on last year!

The prospect of not having as a United fan is too much to deal with, as every pen we get you have that sick feeling of do you want him to score!

Skills

Snitch
5 at the back the way to go this season?

White, R James, Shaw, Trent & Cancelo?

Paul_Scholes18

I remember last year the fantasy footy experts said Bruno was over priced as his scores heavily rely on pens and we wouldn't get as many :)

However, he's a bonus points magnet, and who can forget that non assist that he got late on last year!

The prospect of not having as a United fan is too much to deal with, as every pen we get you have that sick feeling of do you want him to score!

I think I will probably go Bruno in the end. I always love having pen guys.

Do you know all the pen takers. I list those I think here and we can see if you disagree.

Salah, Bruno, Mahrez?, Jorginho, Kane, Vardy, Auba, Sigurdsson?, Bamford, Rice?, Watkins?, Maupay?, Wilson, Wood, Ings?, Jimenez, Milivojevic, Toney, Pukki, Watford?

Guys that I would consider buying extra much for the pens is Salah, Bruno, Kane, Bamford, Wilson, Jimenez, Toney.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Undecided between these two:

Sanchez
TAA, Shaw, Coufal
Bruno, Salah, Buendia, Raphinha
DCL, Toney, Iheanacho

Subs: Steele, White, Fofana, Gilmour

Or this:

Sanchez
TAA, Shaw, Coufal
Sancho, Salah, Son, Raphinha
Watkins, Toney, Iheanacho

Subs: Steele, White, Fofana, Gilmour

Any thoughts?
Second.

Sons a big upgrade on Buendia

I don't rate DCL, Watkins better (for me).

Bruno will likely get more than Sancho but not necessarily enough extra to cover above two.

Bench is a bit meh?

I think I will probably go Bruno in the end. I always love having pen guys.

Do you know all the pen takers. I list those I think here and we can see if you disagree.

Salah, Bruno, Mahrez?, Jorginho, Kane, Vardy, Auba, Sigurdsson?, Bamford, Rice?, Watkins?, Maupay?, Wilson, Wood, Ings?, Jimenez, Milivojevic, Toney, Pukki, Watford?

Guys that I would consider buying extra much for the pens is Salah, Bruno, Kane, Bamford, Wilson, Jimenez, Toney.
Theres a piece on the FPL app called "set piece takers"

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
The thing about not having Bruno is that you could potentially have a combo like Sancho/Cavani to cover United and the extra cash could mean a penalty taker or two from another team.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Second.

Sons a big upgrade on Buendia

I don't rate DCL, Watkins better (for me).

Bruno will likely get more than Sancho but not necessarily enough extra to cover above two.

Bench is a bit meh?
To be fair, I can keep Watkins in option 1 as well. So it's essentially Bruno and Buendia vs. Sancho and Son. But I think you're right, Son should be huge upgrade on Buendia.

Bench is just players that I think will usually start and get me those sweet sweet 2 pointers if any of my starting 11 miss out. I'll probably swap Fofana to Ayling if it looks like Leicester will play 4 at the back.

Bondi77

Think I will be leaving Sancho out until I see how he does but I was going to put him in as I thought he would be 8.5 and I think it is a little harsh on the 9.5.
I find Daka tempting but I am going to start with Iheanacho and see how that goes.

Mcking

The thing about not having Bruno is that you could potentially have a combo like Sancho/Cavani to cover United and the extra cash could mean a penalty taker or two from another team.
You could have Bruno and Cavani while having penalty takers as well.

Paul_Scholes18

Theres a piece on the FPL app called "set piece takers"
I looked at it and no secrets I think. Just I think some teams are a bit interesting. Villa and Brighton have missed some pens so it might not be clear who takes them for sure.

For example Grealish did not take any pens last season. Watkins missed his last one.

Brighton I remember all 3 takers missing a pen last season.

Also will Deeney get any minutes? Might be worth a punt if he got pens?

Maluco

You could have Bruno and Cavani while having penalty takers as well.
You could, obviously, but 2.5 mil is a lot of money to spread through the team if you you believe that the only difference between Sancho and Bruno may be penalties.

It’s a risk obviously, but if set pieces were your only concern, that’s more than enough money to nail down a few others to make up those goals.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I looked at it and no secrets I think. Just I think some teams are a bit interesting. Villa and Brighton have missed some pens so it might not be clear who takes them for sure.

For example Grealish did not take any pens last season. Watkins missed his last one.

Brighton I remember all 3 takers missing a pen last season.

Also will Deeney get any minutes? Might be worth a punt if he got pens?
Villa are awkward as El Ghazi takes the pens but wasn't always a regular anyway, even less likely now Buendia is there.

Watkins was stripped of the role after missing about 3 in 5?

I remember the game he missed 90th minutes pen then had a later goal vard out. Garhhh.

Mcking

You could, obviously, but 2.5 mil is a lot of money to spread through the team if you you believe that the only difference between Sancho and Bruno may be penalties.

It’s a risk obviously, but if set pieces were your only concern, that’s more than enough money to nail down a few others to make up those goals.
Honestly think Bruno is worth the extra 2.5m just for the penalties, that is about 10 free goals a season. Unless there is a change of role for Bruno, I doubt Sancho beats him in open play too, and he will start every game and is proven in the league while Sancho is not.

I know it is tempting to go with the midpriced midfieders for 'value' and extra cash to spend but it is important to have the premiums that most people captain. Our fixtures to start are fantastic, and I expect Fernandes to be heavily captained for the first six GWs at least.

Paul_Scholes18

Grealish and Sancho= Bruno and 5.5 mc. Damn, that is a dilemma now
I think Buendia and Bruno combo over Grealish plus Sancho might be stronger if you can find the extra 1 million.

With 5.5 there is not anyone I really trust. Smith Rowe maybe or a newly promoted pick.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I think Buendia and Bruno combo over Grealish plus Sancho might be stronger if you can find the extra 1 million.

With 5.5 there is not anyone I really trust. Smith Rowe maybe or a newly promoted pick.
I have exactly him. For 5,5 mil Smith is a best option imo

paulscholes18

So far, I have this:

Ederson
Shaw Dias Keane
Bruno Grealish Dallas Sancho Jota
Bamford Watkins
Guaita Pukki Fofana White

Did I do good? :nervous:
It is a well balanced side a couple of things I would say are.
Not having Salah is a huge gamble, as he’s owned by 50% of players, due to the opening fixture’s I would have Welbeck and DCL over Pukki and Bamford.

As things stand mine is
Bachmann
Trent Robinson Lamptey
Bruno Salah Bowen Harrison
Toney DCL Watkins

(Think I will bring in Shaw and Jota for Robinson and Harrison)

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
It is a well balanced side a couple of things I would say are.
Not having Salah is a huge gamble, as he’s owned by 50% of players, due to the opening fixture’s I would have Welbeck and DCL over Pukki and Bamford.

As things stand mine is
Bachmann
Trent Robinson Lamptey
Bruno Salah Bowen Harrison
Toney DCL Watkins

(Think I will bring in Shaw and Jota for Robinson and Harrison)
I'm always wary about doubling up on positions, Ederson & Dias, Bruno & Sancho, but I want to have players who will play every week.

I'd like to be able to find space for Salah, though, somehow.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Confirmed that Lamptey missing the start of the season. If you have him, get rid. He's cursed as an FPL asset.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I decided against Salah first game of the season last year and I was chasing the pack for months because of it. I’m not making the same mistake again
Salah is always the first player on my team. Greedy cnut, great fixtures, takes pens, high ownership. He's the only player that is absolutely essential.

Maluco

Honestly think Bruno is worth the extra 2.5m just for the penalties, that is about 10 free goals a season. Unless there is a change of role for Bruno, I doubt Sancho beats him in open play too, and he will start every game and is proven in the league while Sancho is not.

I know it is tempting to go with the midpriced midfieders for 'value' and extra cash to spend but it is important to have the premiums that most people captain. Our fixtures to start are fantastic, and I expect Fernandes to be heavily captained for the first six GWs at least.
Yeah, it’s a good point mate, but I just wonder if Sancho gets off to a flier and Cavani is starting before the CL games come, that could be massive points.

If we go 4-3-3, it could mean a slightly deeper role for Bruno too, but you are definitely making me think twice.

Neo_Mufc

I don't trust DCL with Rafa at the mo. Just seems like a disaster in the waiting.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I don't trust DCL with Rafa at the mo. Just seems like a disaster in the waiting.
I'm in two minds about him.

He will 100% start and will be in amongst the goals for Everton. The fixture run is probably the best for Everton.

On the other hand, I can save 0.5 by switching him out, he is a donkey and Benitez plays ultra defensive.

I might keep him because switching to a Iheanacho/Antonio/Watkins is easy work.

Neo_Mufc

I'm in two minds about him.

He will 100% start and will be in amongst the goals for Everton. The fixture run is probably the best for Everton.

On the other hand, I can save 0.5 by switching him out, he is a donkey and Benitez plays ultra defensive.

I might keep him because switching to a Iheanacho/Antonio/Watkins is easy work.
It's such a strange one. Even when Rafa had likes of Torres at Lpool he did do some silly things I remember.

Started putting fixtures into a spreadsheet. Just to get a clearer idea of different team's runs and not just a couple of weeks in isolation (easier when can see on one image).

So for example, Villa have decent first 3 game but gets very tough for next 6.

Chelsea have tough start but after GW6, gets a lot easier.

City play Spurs, Chelsea, Leicester and Liverpool in first 7, BUT all away (home games in bold).

Wolves have a decent run after GW3.

Etc.

Hopefully, this helps me plan team but more importantly, when/who subs are.

(Used the apps colours... green easier, red harder)

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Do you guys think players like Bruno, Cavani will start from game 1? I was thinking of going with Greenwood until Cavani starts.

Also - I’d stay away from all Everton players for now because Rafa is ultra defensive. Iheanacho over DCL seems a good bet.

Also - who takes pens for city? Kdb or Mahrez? Mahrez may not even start every game right?

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Alright folks, here’s my first draft

Alisson (Sanchez)
TAA Fofana Shaw Digne Lamptey
Salah Bruno Buendia (Rafhina, Bissouma)
Iheanacho Watkins (Davis)

Adcuth

This was my thinking. Got both

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Lamptey out?

Attacks a bit meh? If you have TAA, Salah and Bruno, the rest suffers.
The thing is a lot of players might not start GW1/2 so I basically made this team based on first few fixtures.. but once I know more about who starting I’ll probably make some changes.

As for TAA he’s looking really expensive to me too so I might swap him with Reece James maybe. Gives me more funds to invest in a striker or bench. But Salah and Bruno are a must cuz they take penalties too and their value will only go higher as the season progresses so it’s key to have them from the get go.

I wanted to bring in Greenwood cuz I know he’ll probably start as striker and cavani will probably start after gw2 but they made Greenwood a midfielder which sucks so I either sacrifice one of my two main strikers or wait to bring in Cavani.

What’s your team looking like?