Fantasy Premier League 21/22

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Mbuemo looked electric against Chelsea though and can bang a few against a leaky Leicester defence...
He's definitely on the way in for me. Need to decide who from Greenwood, Jota or Sarr goes though. Will probably keep Sarr for now as even though Watford were awful he's paying up front and I expect a reaction from them against Everton and Southampton.

Will probably wait and see what happens in midweek to decide between the other two.

And then I guess I need to bring in Lukaku for Ronaldo on top of that. Can't risk not having him for the next 3.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
57 with Tomiyasu and Odegaard to go which isn’t bad. I am actually quite happy with my team now, hopefully Rudiger returns soon but even if he doesn’t I can swap him to Dias or Cancelo quite easily. They are probably better assets than him anyway.

I am tempted to get Lukaku out after Norwich. Can’t keep a £11.7m forward that I will literally never captain, he has blanked in all but 2 games since coming to the league which is awful.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Ramsdale Foster
Cancelo Dias Rudiger Christensen Livra
Salah Raphinha Grealish Saka Diaz
Jiminez Lukaku Antonio

Have a few aims in the coming weeks with 2 FT currently.

1) definately bringing Mbuemo in for Saka. Might do it this week.
2) TAA will be coming in for a defender. Just don't know who yet. Have the exact funds to move from Dias but want to wait for 2-3 weeks to avail of his great fixtures.
3) Definately not staying on Grealish. Might work towards Son from GW12 or Foden earlier than that and accept he won't play every game. 0.1m short for Foden annoyingly after 1+2 happen
4) Likely downgrade Jiminez but need a couple of weeks to decide who. Toney, Hwang and Broja are the favourites to come in with the answer probably dependant on whether I'm aiming for Son as above and which defender I take out for TAA

Mcking

Fornals is so bad. Returned in the first three GWs when I had Benrahma who admittedly was doing well too. On my GW4 wildcard, I got him in place of Benrahma in a bid to raise 0.2m to fund Gray, as there was not much between him and Benrahma at the time. Kept him through a relatively decent run, and he has rewarded me with 5/5 blanks.

He will be my transfer out next week. I have 0.2m in the bank, and I will be able to get to 6.6m with free transfers, but I'm yet to decide on a replacement. Mbeumo is favorite for now, but I'd have preferred a more in form player. The midfield options look terrible with only Salah, and perhaps Son and Mane firing across all prices.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I’m going Ronaldo and Greenwood out for Vardy and Son. Wanted Vardy before the game with us but felt like treachery. Liverpool game could be bloodbath. (C) on salah… :( I think I’m going to transition Vardy and Antonio to DCL and Bamford once they get back to fitness.

Last edited:

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I am on a really bad run after such a great start. It’s hard to know how to turn it around now. I thought my team looked ok for this week, but a series of blanks.

I can’t keep taking hits either to try and correct things. I think the best tactic now is to improve the bench and play the fixtures. No hit this week, but might take a hit next week to down grade Ronaldo to Vardy and get in a 4th quality defender.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Can’t decide between Mbeumo, Townsend and Gallagher and whether to replace Sarr or Odegaard for next week… I already have Toney but despite that Mbeumo still looks the best choice. Odegaard feels like an obvious choice to replace but Sarr has nightmare fixtures. Ideally I would want both out for Mbeumo and 1 of the Galla/Townsend.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
So the guy who was in 4th in my league and did a -44 has emailed asking if there's any "admin" way to get round it :lol:

He's a senior manager and it's a mostly work league....

but I can't make an allowance for this can I. Artificially add 44 points back on and have to update that every week.
Other players have done the same error over the years.

How do I gently say "no chance"?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Up to 4th in the CAF league, best I've ever done this far into the season

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
So the guy who was in 4th in my league and did a -44 has emailed asking if there's any "admin" way to get round it :lol:

but I can't make an allowance for this can I. Artificially add 44 points back on and have to update that every week.

Tell him that Derby would also like their 12 points deduction rescinded but that didn't happen. Gotta stay consistent.

ROFLUTION

Seeing Chelsea almost being a punching bag and only by luck winning against Brentford has changed my mind on going all out on them. Norwich have stabilized a bit too in defence recently.

Alonso -> Laporte
Ronaldo -> Vardy

... Before the price rises. Nice potential in Laporte who can be a threat, but also has played all games bar the 2 he's been injured in.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Seeing Chelsea almost being a punching bag and only by luck winning against Brentford has changed my mind on going all out on them. Norwich have stabilized a bit too in defence recently.

Alonso -> Laporte
Ronaldo -> Vardy

... Before the price rises. Nice potential in Laporte who can be a threat, but also has played all games bar the 2 he's been injured in.
:lol: oh my sweet sweet child....

Schneiderman

It'd leave him with his wildcard still to use too, so that wouldn't be fair. Even if he promised not to use it you'd have to track it which is a lot of effort.

podurban2

It'd leave him with his wildcard still to use too, so that wouldn't be fair. Even if he promised not to use it you'd have to track it which is a lot of effort.
Not really, you can see on the web site who used what and when in your league.

Personally I would let him have the 44 points back at the end of the season if he doesn’t use his wild card for this half of the season. However, if others in the same league have done it without compensation it would be unfair to give it this time.

luck&neat

I decided to tactically Wildcard this gameweek about a month ago so have had the 2 full weeks of International break to think about what I was going to do, yet somehow managed to find myself up at 3am making a decision on Saturday morning. I faffed around for so long I managed to miss the price increases on 2 of the players I was bringing in.

I also managed to get in 3 City players. It's like i've never played this "game" before and Pep didn't disappoint, Dias chipping in with a subcockblocking 1 point 15 minute cameo.

Procrasturbation is a real problem and FPL is catnip on crack for procrastinators.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
The Dias sub was such a Pep thing to do :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The wildcard side of things wouldn't be an issue - he'd be delighted he had his 44 points back!

But he's ok with it, after i'd spent a fair while thinking about it and trying to quote precedents!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I decided to tactically Wildcard this gameweek about a month ago so have had the 2 full weeks of International break to think about what I was going to do, yet somehow managed to find myself up at 3am making a decision on Saturday morning. I faffed around for so long I managed to miss the price increases on 2 of the players I was bringing in.

I also managed to get in 3 City players. It's like i've never played this "game" before and Pep didn't disappoint, Dias chipping in with a subcockblocking 1 point 15 minute cameo.

Procrasturbation is a real problem and FPL is catnip on crack for procrastinators.
At least he played 15 mins!

The Wolves guy didn't bother bringing Jiminez, their best striker on at 2-0 down, or even 2-1 down, instead thinking, oh it's 2-2 now, i'll bring him on for 2mins.

And as for that James 2mins...garhh.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
At least he played 15 mins!

The Wolves guy didn't bother bringing Jiminez, their best striker on at 2-0 down, or even 2-1 down, instead thinking, oh it's 2-2 now, i'll bring him on for 2mins.

And as for that James 2mins...garhh.
I still havent got over those.

Really wanted them 6 points from Livra (first sub) but these two clowns came on last minute.

My mate was texting me around 45 minutes into the Chelsea game and saying how he feels Havertz, Mount and Jorginho will come on and I'm sorted but I assured him that knowing my luck, James will come on 89 minutes and BANG, he comes on 89 minutes. Ruined my meal that did :lol:

Whilst my rival has Livra as third sub and is getting the points. If ESR gets any return today, he will surpass my score from 11 players with only 9 players playing for him :mad:

MUFC OK

Firmino surely is a serious option this week. Off the back of a hattrick, loves a goal at OT - scored two in this fixture a few months ago and we are defensively a shambles.

Paul_Scholes18

See if Kane doing well is a trend, or if you're just chasing last week's points.

Only a maniac would switch Lukaku off with Norwich at home next.
He looked good though, but yes I am waiting for Leeds as Dirty said. Perfect time to jump on Spurs and ditch Lukaku in terms of fixtures.

We know what Kane in form can do. Was just waiting for him to get going.

Son for cheaper make sense as well.

Problem is when you rate these fixtures then sometimes teams like us might be good for Son and Kane like last season.

Everton and West Ham are not that hard either.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I still havent got over those.

Really wanted them 6 points from Livra (first sub) but these two clowns came on last minute.

My mate was texting me around 45 minutes into the Chelsea game and saying how he feels Havertz, Mount and Jorginho will come on and I'm sorted but I assured him that knowing my luck, James will come on 89 minutes and BANG, he comes on 89 minutes. Ruined my meal that did :lol:

Whilst my rival has Livra as third sub and is getting the points. If ESR gets any return today, he will surpass my score from 11 players with only 9 players playing for him :mad:
I ignored livra even though he has a good run, as having brought ramsdale in for sanchez I wanted to keep Duffy in. And white is still a good option.

Might go for a 2 big boys and 3 cheapos in time if more money is needed up field.

Moby

Dick
Firmino surely is a serious option this week. Off the back of a hattrick, loves a goal at OT - scored two in this fixture a few months ago and we are defensively a shambles.
Basic tip really, whatever the form is, be it for betting or fantasy, don't bank too much on derbies, let alone a Unied-Liverpool derby.

MUFC OK

Basic tip really, whatever the form is, be it for betting or fantasy, don't bank too much on derbies, let alone a Unied-Liverpool derby.
It's a bit of a cliche and I don't really buy into it. Regardless of it being a derby, Ronaldo is cutting a frustrated figure in a team creating zero chances. Liverpool are flying. It's a move that I am considering.

Moby

Dick
It's a bit of a cliche and I don't really buy into it. Regardless of it being a derby, Ronaldo is cutting a frustrated figure in a team creating zero chances. Liverpool are flying. It's a move that I am considering.
No I'm not saying things will change considerably, the cliche is justified still as many a times teams do put in a lot more effort in a derby as compared to a usual game - but we are specifically talking about a banker - and for me it's very risky to call anything in a derby a banker. You can still of course go ahead as thinking of it as a player in form vs a team missing key defenders and defending poorly in general which is fair. Maybe I'm being optimistic thinking we will pull out some crazy shit and make the whole game a mess. :lol: Like when Herrara ended up marking Hazard at his peak, or some random shit like that.