Fantasy Premier League 21/22

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Otherwise, week going well. 48 points with 5 more to play (Cancelo, James, Son, Toney, Antonio). Last 4 weeks of transfers have been as good as they've ever been with Chilwell, James, TAA and Jota all gettin solid returns after being brought in. Up to 50k overall, just really need Kane to be quiet.

For next gameweek the very obvious move of Chilwell to Alonso planned. Couple of weeks time the plan will be to bring Ronnie in.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
What's everyone's plans for Raphinha. He was lucky to survive my team for this gameweek, ended up taking Foden out last minute instead due to his injury doubts. Really not convinced he's going to be all that this season in FPL. Leeds look like they're going to be in a dogfight, create very few chances and Raphinha is often out wide on the periphery of the game. A couple of his goals and subsequent double digit hauls were lucky crosses. Personally think I'll give him 2 more weeks and definately get rid if I don't lose patience before
His next two games look good on paper but he can go after that. My team is 15 deep so I can afford to put him as last on my bench before I transfer him out, there is no urgency. Similarly I brought in Saint Maximin only planning to put him in against Norwich and Burnley in the next two games.

SB16

Could do with some words of advice here lads. I'm currently ahead on my ML, and barring a Reece James CS + hattrick, I should finish the GW ahead by around 30 points. My team is currently:

Sanchez (Guaita)
Rudiger Cancelo White TAA (Livra)
Raphinha Mbeumo Gallagher Salah (Townsend)
Kane Hwang (Antonio)

I have 0.9m ITB. The glaring miss is of course Reece James, who my rival has (but not TAA). Chelsea play Watford next week which I think could be a big haul. One option would be to do White + Antonio --> James + budget striker (e.g. Dennis). Another is to get Alonso instead, and swap out Hwang instead of Antonio. Both moves for a -4. The latter is in some ways preferable as Wolves's fixtures get horrendous very soon, while WHU's start to improve. But not sure yet how nailed on / subject to rotation Alonso is.

Want to also shift Raphinha for e.g. Jota but that is not an immediate concern.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
While a few rivals had brought Kane in, I was relying on him in my cup semi.
My opponent has the left back at least, but I'm relying on Townsend doing something now as Foden out means I'm down to 10.

Hate called off games as it skews another game weekm

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Decided not to hit for Alonso and rolled the FT. I couldn’t drop Foden down to Gallagher to fund it. despite the injury doubt. Alonso and Gallagher this week versus Foden (or Antonio) and Mbeumo isn’t going to be worth a FT and 4 points on average.

It feels as if most of the FPL pundits who I follow and enjoy watching did bring Alonso in with one of their two FTs, and I do fancy Chelsea to keep a clean sheet tomorrow, so he may do some damage to me this week.

Looks like I am dead on the par safety score of 42 at my rank, but at least I have only had 5 players so far, whereas my mean competitor has had closer to 7. Hopefully moving day and a green arrow tomorrow.

If Alonso comes through unscathed, I will bring him in for Duffy, whose place is now less regular. I will then also sell Foden, Antonio or Toney to fund it. I will then be running TAA, Cancelo, James, Alonso and Reguilon for at least two weeks.
Great, patient season gets a big bad beat. No Kane, Reguilon and Brownhill due to very low chance of snow, and that coincides that Foden actually being injured and Duffy getting rotated out.

9 men max, even with three regularly playing subs. Ouch.

Pickle85

So does this mean that Duffy is likely no longer first choice? What does everyone think to Aaron's as a replacement? Bench most of the time but I wonder whether Smith could bring the best out of him and he's very cheap...

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Burnley v Spurs is a very timely reminder why I’d always be very reluctant to have a captain and vice in the same match.

Weirdly, despite being down to nine players max, I think I can still get a green arrow if Toney, Mbeumo and Antonio do enough. James’s points will have some worth, but an Antonio goal is worth more than the Cancelo clean sheet.

Looking ahead, I probably don’t want any fodder in my squad to fund my main 11/12. Even Foster is missing today. Need to have that bench.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
So does this mean that Duffy is likely no longer first choice? What does everyone think to Aaron's as a replacement? Bench most of the time but I wonder whether Smith could bring the best out of him and he's very cheap...
Lampteys back so get rid. Lamptey gonna be a decent option actually. Only 4.4m. Will still get his minutes managed but will be a bonus point magnet and surely some of these chances created will convert to goals

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's always a week your squad falls apart when a game is postponed isn't it.
Duffy not playing, Foden being out totally and 2 players in a called off game is just silly.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Duffy not playing, Foden being out totally and 2 players in a called off game is just silly.
Exact same, mate. I even have Brownhill too to make it three missing from Burnley vs Spurs.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Tomiyasu with 12 points to come in for Reguilon. Don’t think I can complain about it.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I guess I may now go Reguilon ahead of Alonso for the future DGW... Who's with me?

Although I hope it happens before GW16 as I want Ronaldo from then on so Kane needs to feck off.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I guess I may now go Reguilon ahead of Alonso for the future DGW... Who's with me?

Although I hope it happens before GW16 as I want Ronaldo from then on so Kane needs to feck off.
Spurs won’t likely double until GW21 at the earliest and that is only if they lose the Carabao QF. The potential future double should have no effect on your thinking!

paulscholes18

Tomiyasu with 12 points to come in for Reguilon. Don’t think I can complain about it.
I got Liv who scored feck all, red arrow could be likely now.

Edit: If I knew Doucouré was back he would have been 1st on my bench :mad:

Last edited:

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I was at the safety score last night with only 5 players having played. I felt very smug looking forward to a juicy green! That soon showed me.

Jacko21

Ah, even more frustrated I didn't bring in Jota now - without the potential punishment of Kane and/or Son, I could've got to within touching distance of the Top 10k.

Ronaldo, if ever there was a time to finally score against Chelsea...

Gazautd18

Cornet and Son not playing...
Good job I have Livramento with the grand sum of feck all to come in...

Pickle85

Thabjs
Lampteys back so get rid. Lamptey gonna be a decent option actually. Only 4.4m. Will still get his minutes managed but will be a bonus point magnet and surely some of these chances created will convert to goals
Thanks. Yeah, was debating Lamptey but don't have that extra 0.1 necessary to get him in atm.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
With his injury record and the busy christmas schedule I'm not sure I'd jump on Lamptey yet. Not like there's a shortage of defender options either.

saivet

Duffy not playing and Kane not playing means Antonio will come in 2nd off my bench. Hope he can get a couple!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Exact same, mate. I even have Brownhill too to make it three missing from Burnley vs Spurs.
I expect I'll lose comfortably as can't see Townsend and Antonio matching Bilva and Alonso, let alone making up the 4 point deficits.
But If I lose by those 2 points Brownhill would have scored I'd be fuming.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Snap. What a pain in the hole. And I still hadn't got around to getting rid of Tierney off my bench. My inexorable descent into the nether regions continues apace.