Fantasy Premier League 21/22

TMDaines

Fun sponge.

This nudged me towards doing Kane to Ronaldo last night, whilst I also held back on the other moves to see how it shakes out. Reguilon probably an easy sell too if a game or two are either cancelled or they have to field a weaker team.

IrishRedDevil

This nudged me towards doing Kane to Ronaldo last night, whilst I also held back on the other moves to see how it shakes out. Reguilon probably an easy sell too if a game or two are either cancelled or they have to field a weaker team.
Fecking Spurs.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Can't wait to see people having a 13.1m player on the bench. :lol:
I'll definitely be selling Salah. Might even do it a week early even if he sticks around for Chelsea away. He will fall several times, but I'm still happy to lose a 0.1 or 0.2 to reinvest for a few weeks. The only problem is that none of the other sides with tasty premium or mid-priced mids (City, United, Son) have great fixtures.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Guaita
Cancelo - livramemto - TAA - James
Salah - Gallagher- smithRowe - Benrahma
Kane - Toney
Subs: Gunn - Hwang - Mbeumo - White

Suggestions?

got 2 free transfers and 2.1m in the bank

Moby

Dick
I'll definitely be selling Salah. Might even do it a week early even if he sticks around for Chelsea away. He will fall several times, but I'm still happy to lose a 0.1 or 0.2 to reinvest for a few weeks. The only problem is that none of the other sides with tasty premium or mid-priced mids (City, United, Son) have great fixtures.
That's the issue. Maybe if someone like KDB starts firing (I doubt it), so it will probably be Son or another premium forward. And it has to be a mid because you want to get Salah back as well. I will decide it based on my team structure, but yeah in all probability no harm in having a mid-high priced mid with decent fixtures for a little value loss.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
We're looking at roughly GWs 20-24 including prep time aren't we?

Our fixtures aren't bad. Burnley, Wolves, Villa, West Ham and Burnley again. Most will likely have Ronaldo at that point so the easiest move might just be to double with Bruno for a few weeks, at least if you get those Burnley games.

JakeTheRed

Guaita
Kane - Toney

Suggestions?

If I was looking at fires to put out, there's only a couple, really.

For me, Toney needs to go, as he has covid & his fixtures turn sour soon also. I'm also in the same boat & personally I'm looking at King or Dennis.

A small fire & a bandwagon that a lot of people jumped on - but I never really saw as a good option - is Hwang. His underlying stats really aren't good and he plays for a team that are struggling to score.

Then you have the issue of Kane. I'd hold off a few days to see the news regarding the Brighton game. That being said, I'd be looking at Ronaldo (norwich away & an easy run up to the end of Feb). The only argument you could have against Ronaldo is that maybe Rangnick won't use him as much? But I think it's a weak argument, Ronaldo will play a lot of minutes for us.

There's my two cents anyway :) good luck!

Moby

Dick
Our fixtures aren't bad. Burnley, Wolves, Villa, West Ham and Burnley again. Most will likely have Ronaldo at that point so the easiest move might just be to double with Bruno for a few weeks, at least if you get those Burnley games.
I actually forgot about Bruno. :lol:

TMDaines

Fun sponge.

Our fixtures aren't bad. Burnley, Wolves, Villa, West Ham and Burnley again. Most will likely have Ronaldo at that point so the easiest move might just be to double with Bruno for a few weeks.
Yeah, United have the tastiest fixtures. Spurs could potentially double in this period (perhaps even more than once) subject to Carabao Cup progress and whether FA Cup 3rd Round ties go to replays.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history

Yeah that makes the most sense. Can see plenty doing the same.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
If I was looking at fires to put out, there's only a couple, really.

For me, Toney needs to go, as he has covid & his fixtures turn sour soon also. I'm also in the same boat & personally I'm looking at King or Dennis.

A small fire & a bandwagon that a lot of people jumped on - but I never really saw as a good option - is Hwang. His underlying stats really aren't good and he plays for a team that are struggling to score.

Then you have the issue of Kane. I'd hold off a few days to see the news regarding the Brighton game. That being said, I'd be looking at Ronaldo (norwich away & an easy run up to the end of Feb). The only argument you could have against Ronaldo is that maybe Rangnick won't use him as much? But I think it's a weak argument, Ronaldo will play a lot of minutes for us.

There's my two cents anyway :) good luck!
Thanks. Was thinking kane to Ronaldo as Kane seems off to me.
yep seems like Toney is my other out option then!

ThehatchetMan

Plz look at Me! Pay attention to Me!
Supports
Crusaders FC
FPL gods please help me pathetic team. 2 free transfers and 0.7 in the back what do I do

guatia
Sanchez
White
TAA
Rudiger
Cancelo
Jansson
Gallagher
Salah
Sancho
Cornel (the burnle dude)
ESR
Hwang
Vardy
Toney

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Guaita
Kane - Toney

Suggestions?

Bachmann as 2nd gk maybe and Benrahma is not even in first 11 anymore.
Kane? Get rid. Covid

JakeTheRed

Thanks. Was thinking kane to Ronaldo as Kane seems off to me.
yep seems like Toney is my other out option then!
No problem! I've just noticed now that you've got some money in the bank too. If you wanted other options, you could upgrade one of your mid priced midfield options to Jota/Gundogan/Bernado also.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Guaita
Kane - Toney

Suggestions?

Benrahma (cold, fixtures iffy) and Toney (out, not doing much anyway). With extra cash, can you do Son and ANOther forward?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'd chance Billy Gilmour

I was going to ask this question too. I think the likes of Dalot, Davies, White and Lamptey could be potentially better picks and save 0.5-0.6m
I wouldn't.

2 point max, and he lost his place for a fair spell early season.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I wouldn't.

2 point max, and he lost his place for a fair spell early season.
Tbf he lost his place under a different manager, with Dean Smith praising him as vital to their chances of staying up upon arrival. I'd say he's pretty nailed on atm. He also has some set-pieces and has created the most chances of the sub 5m mids since Smith arrived.

It's not a lot but you get what you pay for I guess.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Tbf he lost his place under a different manager, with Dean Smith praising him as vital to their chances of staying up upon arrival. I'd say he's pretty nailed on atm. He also has some set-pieces and has created the most chances of the sub 5m mids since Smith arrived.

It's not a lot but you get what you pay for I guess.
Also let's but forget that Brownhill that knob keeps missing out whenever I need him :lol:

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Any particular reason you want to go up to Cucurella? They don't have particularly amazing fixtures, most of their defence is flagged atm and it seems like you're fairly well set in terms of squad depth.
He used to be a wide forward back in Spain and seems to be playing that role for Brighton mostly too. I expect him to get 4-5 hauls between now and the end of season but it will be tough to hit exactly the games where he scores as it may as well be against good teams where you normally won’t have Brighton defender.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Also let's but forget that Brownhill that knob keeps missing out whenever I need him :lol:
The fact I can never even remember his name shows the impact he's had for my boys!
I think the one time he would have played was that bloody Spurs v Burnley call off job.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Spurs going to struggle to fit in the games I think.
If they get to the final in all their cups, it gets tricky.

If they lose in the Carabao to West Ham and don't need an FA Cup 3rd Round replay, they could catch up three games in January alone. That could well give them a triple gameweek either side of an FA Cup weekend. Salah to Son, Ronaldo to Kane and grab a defender!

Paul_Scholes18

At least this makes things very simply. Kane just needs to go.

My friend with Sanchez, Reguilon, Son, Toney have work to do, but still better than having Kane.

Paul_Scholes18

If they get to the final in all their cups, it gets tricky.

If they lose in the Carabao to West Ham and don't need an FA Cup 3rd Round replay, they could catch up three games in January alone. That could well give them a triple gameweek either side of an FA Cup weekend. Salah to Son, Ronaldo to Kane and grab a defender!
3 games with Kane is 6 points. Not sure he is worth it.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Cup is starting!!. Yey. Finally
Throwing everything on cup.

Shit; i bought Reguilon and Spurs are off
Double shit; i did -4 this gw

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Not off just yet is it? Just "could" be called off for now?

That Reguillon transfer is looking even more superb now!
At least the Son crew can hush down :lol:

Sparky Rhiwabon

Not off just yet is it? Just "could" be called off for now?

That Reguillon transfer is looking even more superb now!
At least the Son crew can hush down :lol:
I don’t think Spurs will request a postponement unless it gets worse, because Brighton have more players out with their injuries and suspension

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Cup is starting!!. Yey. Finally
Throwing everything on cup.

Shit; i bought Reguilon and Spurs are off
Double shit; i did -4 this gw
Just checked my opponent.
About 6millionth in the world, no transfers made so far.
Has Son and Reguillon, and has about 4 yellow flags.

Obvious defeat then :wenger:

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Just checked my opponent.
About 6millionth in the world, no transfers made so far.
Has Son and Reguillon, and has about 4 yellow flags.

Obvious defeat then :wenger:
I'm playing a GW1 ghost team with no transfers made. Has Digne, DCL, Shaw, Reguilon and Son. Son captain and Ederson vice. Should be a gimmie for me to beat with the Spurs news, but last week they did beat me by 13 points!

clonsolar

Can't wait to see people having a 13.1m player on the bench. :lol:
Surely given the timing it's Salah to Son, blank gameweeks vs double or even triples GW's for Son. Can seee this being the only move during AFCON. Value not a factor. Son will rise, Salah will fall.