Fantasy Premier League 21/22

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You JUST convinced me to not get Bruno as I have united cover and we are shit in attack then you post this?!!?!?!?
But I'd be getting Ronaldo INSTEAD of Bruno. And captaining him. I think our goals are most likely to have a Ronaldo involvement rather than Bruno.

I think what did it for me was the fact Bruno isn't even named in the fantasy scout captain poll. He's roped in as "OTHER" with 400 players!

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
New plan. Ronaldo in for Watkins, who has 2 tough games coming and is playing wide, and deal with James down to a 4.5m man, possibly Lamptey

That'd give

De Gea
TAA, Cancelo, , Rudiger, Lamptey
Maddison, Jota, Bowen
Ronaldo (c), Dennis, Antonio

Dalot, Brownhill
Do Villa not have a possible DGW though? You might fancy keeping Watkins for that.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
@Dirty Schwein Bruno had 3 goals game week 1, 1 goal in game week 4, then just 1 since.
Ronaldo regularly points.

And if you have to take a -8, it might as well be bringing in 2 players with doubles as that covers 4 of those points over who'd have been playing.

Maluco

Is Trossard a good option or no??
I am going to a Brighton double with him and Maupay because I am free to watch the game in peace :lol:

More chance of their DGW going ahead too, given that we know they play right now and Chelsea have a massive squad.

Gawge

Yeah, not sure why you would get rid of Watkins, he has some really nice fixtures coming up and fixtures to reschedule into Doubles as well (good ones, e.g. Leeds).

BootsyCollins

I think Jorginho is a clever one as their could easily be penalties across the two games.

One thing I would say, which I get wrong every year, is to be careful going for double GW players just for the sake of it.

Jota at home to brentford and Bowen at home to a wide open Leeds are too good to pass on in my opinion.

TAA at home to Brentford too. That could be a big number.
Yes thats true and i was thinking about that. Had Jora first but they had a hard time scoring against a ten man Arsenal so went with Jorgingo hoping for a pen. TAA for Alonso might be a good swap?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Do Villa not have a possible DGW though? You might fancy keeping Watkins for that.
Could have a double next week, but the only other option is to bin Antonio, who has United away next week, but Leeds at home this.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
hang on hang on, Lamptey has only played 65 and 29 the last two games?!

Must not get sucked back in!!

Withnail

But I'd be getting Ronaldo INSTEAD of Bruno. And captaining him. I think our goals are most likely to have a Ronaldo involvement rather than Bruno.

I think what did it for me was the fact Bruno isn't even named in the fantasy scout captain poll. He's roped in as "OTHER" with 400 players!
I already had Ronaldo but I'm concerned on the captaincy front that he may not play both games.

Maluco

Yes thats true and i was thinking about that. Had Jora first but they had a hard time scoring against a ten man Arsenal so went with Jorgingo hoping for a pen. TAA for Alonso might be a good swap?
I thought that too re.Jota, but arsenal actually played really well. Brentford just conceded 4 away to Southampton, so I don’t want to miss any potential smashing there!

I was hoping we would hear about arsenal game to know about spurs assets but it looks like we won’t. Would have definitely plumped for TAA over a one game Reguillon.

RedDevil@84

I thought that too re.Jota, but arsenal actually played really well. Brentford just conceded 4 away to Southampton, so I don’t want to miss any potential smashing there!

I was hoping we would hear about arsenal game to know about spurs assets but it looks like we won’t. Would have definitely plumped for TAA over a one game Reguillon.
Benching TAA almost always ends in tears.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Mac has far superior form to Trossard in the last few weeks. Might go him instead...

Scored 2 in his last game.
Question is whether that's like the Palace guy and a sign of being at the start of a string of form, or is it an utter one off?

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Big question..

-4 for Son to Bruno (c)

Or
-8 James to Lamptey and Watkins to Ronaldo (c)
Can afford this exactly to the 0.1m, which makes it feel like fate...or pure coincidence!

The latter doesn't take care of Son who is obviously out, but the former doesn't deal with James who is obviously out.
Moving Son to Bruno allows back to Salah soon. But Ronaldo with 2 games if he plays feels big - remembering all the excitement and must have nature . But then we're no attacking force, but then Brentford are pony, and Villa not amazing.

I can field the below without doing anything

De Gea
TAA, Cancelo, Dalot, Rudiger
Maddison, Jota, Bowen
Watkins, Dennis, Antonio

Subs Brownhill single (Son & James injured),

@Dirty Schwein @CassiusClaymore @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson @Moby @anyoneelse
Busy, work :(

second option for me

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Slightly tempted to do Son to Mount, and then Watkins to Ronnie, but not sure we want to be bringing Chelsea in when they have 2 blanks not far away....

This is my team:

DDG
TAA, Cancelo, Keane
Gray, Raphinha, Bowen, Jota
Antonio, Ronaldo (c), Watkins

Subs: Foster, Tierney, Son, Livramento

1 Free transfer...

What do I do?

I can take a hit and swap Watkins and Son to Dennis and Bruno (which seems obvious until you remember that Dennis may now not double and Watkins doubles next week most likely)

Or I can do nothing...

@Sandikan @Moby @CassiusClaymore @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson or anyone else!
50/50 on that.

why no double for Dennis?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Scored 2 in his last game.
Question is whether that's like the Palace guy and a sign of being at the start of a string of form, or is it an utter one off?
He's an Argentinian who wears #10. That is all the convincement I need.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I can still do Lamptey to Cucurella in my draft. But is it worth doing?
I think Lamptey is one of those who always looks like he has loads of points in him, but is built out of twigs, and finds increasingly comedy ways to lose points.

He'd be on a cleany, on line for bonus, then get a booking, concede, and get a 93rd min red.
That or he comes off 59mins in.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Genuinely thought he was going to be some scottish scuffler :lol:
Going with your suggestion fella, as I see he's also on the scout bench.

Ok that's it then chaps

Son & Watkins to McAllister & Ronaldo.
Leaves 5.8m in the bank, James can be dealt with another week, but Ronaldo captain I think is an absolutely essential cover of risk this week, even if it doesn't go that well.

If Watkins has a double next week we'll have to deal accordingly, not that he's exactly a points monster!

saivet

I am going to a Brighton double with him and Maupay because I am free to watch the game in peace :lol:

More chance of their DGW going ahead too, given that we know they play right now and Chelsea have a massive squad.
I'm getting dragged into Trossard now ffs.

I've gone from Maddison to Lucas to Greenwood and now to Trossard in replacing Son :lol:

Need to make my mind up!!!

RedDevil@84

I'm getting dragged into Trossard now ffs.

I've gone from Maddison to Lucas to Greenwood and now to Trossard in replacing Son :lol:

Need to make my mind up!!!
Wait. There is Argentinian Big Mac to consider. With a DGW.

Yeah screw it, I think i'll do Son to Bruno (c). Wasn't that long ago Bruno was THE must have player, and the idea of not having THE must have player for a double would be insanity.
It leaves it easy to get Salah back in too without a wildcard.

Son feels too expensive to leave doesn't he, while James can wait.

Leaving a 12 man outfit of below

De Gea
TAA, Cancelo, Dalot, Rudiger
Maddison, Jota, Bowen, Bruno
Watkins, Dennis, Antonio

New question - who to bench out of that lot :)

@Dirty Schwein as well as mobes, who do we reckon?

Difficult as Dalot could have 2 games! Rudiger does have 2 games, but you wouldn't leave out Cancelo or TAA.
Mobes?

Have you caught ‘professional footballer naming’ disease?

Gawge

Son > Bruno or Jesus > King?

(I can obviously do both but don't think it's worth a -4)

Maluco

Is there really going to be no word on arsenal game before deadline??

I really fancy them in a double, but don’t want them on a single :houllier: