Fantasy Premier League 21/22

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Can't make it up. Was going to Bruno (c) for a -4, then got scared at the idea of a 2 game Ronaldo haul so did an -8 to make it happen.

What the heck is our manager playing at saying he's fit then he isn't?

Dennis vice cap if he doesn't make the second game!!
Although Dalot would come in off the bench.Though he still has to do something first.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Cancelo 11 is the only good thing so far. But when your captain is a bust it puts a massive downer on it.
I'm sure loads will have captained him though, and it's not like it was a mad punt.

Still have 2 FH and a wildcard, (plus the other 2 chips) and there are tonnes of doubles to come, so all is not lost by any means.

Dan_F

I can’t be mad that I didn’t VC Bruno. Would have been illogical this season to captain and VC from the same team.

Can't make it up. Was going to Bruno (c) for a -4, then got scared at the idea of a 2 game Ronaldo haul so did an -8 to make it happen.

What the heck is our manager playing at saying he's fit then he isn't?

Dennis vice cap if he doesn't make the second game!!
Although Dalot would come in off the bench.Though he still has to do something first.
Apparently it was Friday afternoon training where the issue happened, before the press conference. Ralf did say they needed to see if he made it through that session.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I can’t be mad that I didn’t VC Bruno. Would have been illogical this season to captain and VC from the same team.

Apparently it was Friday afternoon training where the issue happened, before the press conference. Ralf did say they needed to see if he made it through that session.
Annoying either way isn't it.
The Bruno option would have allowed Salah back in seamlessly too. But never mind.
Will have to make the FHs and wildcard really count.
The latter used the week before a huge double game week to set a bench boost up

Dan_F

Annoying either way isn't it.
The Bruno option would have allowed Salah back in seamlessly too. But never mind.
Will have to make the FHs and wildcard really count.
The latter used the week before a huge double game week to set a bench boost up
I meant to say after the press conference! I ended up getting Bruno anyway but found it hard to celebrate that goal because I was convinced Cavani was offside.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Always stick with your first instinct is this week's learning.

Mentiond Bruno as cap from the off, but didn't go with it. Never mind!

Better for the real life stuff to go well than a game though.
Wycombe beating hated local rivals 2-0 and go top of the league, and United winning. Good times.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Wycombe beating hated local rivals 2-0 and go top of the league, and United winning. Good times.
ffs

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town

Good job Sandican't :mad:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Well, the DDG clean sheet being wiped out is good from a mini league POV.

Seething at Ragnick for the Ronaldo trolling though - starting to think he’s a bit of a muppet of a manager tbh.
At least there's zero chance we do the same thing with Ole, get a bit romantic after a decent winning run and give him it long term.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
At least there's zero chance we do the same thing with Ole, get a bit romantic after a decent winning run and give him it long term.
True mate, and that’s huge…

Utd really needs a culture of meritocracy (or ‘normality’, for a football club) to start running through the club.

The culture of rewarding garbage is the biggest issue at Utd.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
True mate, and that’s huge…

Utd really needs a culture of meritocracy (or ‘normality’, for a football club) to start running through the club.

The culture of rewarding garbage is the biggest issue at Utd.
The caretaker idea is clever IF we're clever enough to properly identify and employ the right manager.
At least we have the hope that we're not just going to go for someone who is free, like the last few times, we are hopefully planning for someone currently in a job, who won't leave mid season.

However, I can't imagine there are many fans who think we'll definitely get it right.

And then if we go get it right, will a new manager have the time/be allowed to bring new signings in immediately?

There can't be many fans who didn't think we did an incredible recruitment job in the summer. But roll on 6months and there's huge doubts.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Expected to have 19 players including captaincy this week. Expected a mega green arrow.

Benched Cancelo.

Currently on 9 [NINE] points…

Paul_Scholes18

Probably the biggest swing in rank for a single move is going Ronaldo over Bruno.

Then we do not even win.

This season is a nightmare. Our only hope is CL and somehow grind our way to the trophy.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
No-one can be doing as far below expectation as this this week. What a team on paper! Maybe the only way it could be worse would be starting Keane.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Real life - can’t believe Ralf didn’t see need to put subs on earlier. A tired Matic on a yellow is an issue and Villa seemed to be coping with Cavani ok. At 2-1, we should have just left mason up front and shut up shop. Poor, 2 points wasted :(

Fantasy - for the first time in a while, a transfer (Bruno) worked well as did captaining him. Looking at Caf league, there’s a lot of people who either didn’t have him or did, but didn’t captain him :)

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I captained Bruno and I don't own Ronaldo so I'm happy (FPL wise anyway) tonight.

I am worried about midweek though. Cavani is definitely not starting that game. Ronaldo might feast.

Can see a 2-2 draw or maybe we can sneak a 3-2.

RedDevil@84

Don't see the point of spending time to think about whom to bring and what fixtures and check on injuries etc etc.,

Rotten luck continues to chase me. Looks like it will be a usual week of 30-35 points.

devil in me

Was always the second game that was the more haul worthy so could still pay off.

But he is one of those players I'll always think is breath takingly mediocre who constantly seems to pop up with the goal when you've backed the more high profile players.
Couldn't agree more on him. One of those players I didn't really want, but ended up with anyway !

Paul_Scholes18

So I lost 31 points plus potentially more going with Ronaldo over Bruno.

If Ronaldo is out again then it gets even worse.

All due to our manager saying he was fine to trick Villa.

Zen

So I lost 31 points plus potentially more going with Ronaldo over Bruno.

If Ronaldo is out again then it gets even worse.

All due to our manager saying he was fine to trick Villa.
Nope. All down to you picking Ronaldo instead of Bruno.... absolutely shedloads of the top contenders captained Bruno. So there was enough information about to know it would work.

Me not included, Ronaldo here, but he was 75%, I knew he had a hip issue, I took the risk, I lost. But putting Bruno in place of him was never on my agenda to be fair :lol:

Paul_Scholes18

Nope. All down to you picking Ronaldo instead of Bruno.... absolutely shedloads of the top contenders captained Bruno. So there was enough information about to know it would work.

Me not included, Ronaldo here, but he was 75%, I knew he had a hip issue, I took the risk, I lost. But putting Bruno in place of him was never on my agenda to be fair :lol:
Yes I know Ronaldo was a doubt, but thought he was fine after the comments. I may not have captained Bruno, but had few other good options.

If I knew Ronaldo was out I would have gone Bruno as my captain 100% or maybe Cavani.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I think Ronaldo plays midweek and gets at least 1 return. Cavani won't start this one. He looked knackered last night.