Fantasy Premier League 21/22

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Question. If I get Grealish now for 8.0 and he goes to City and is rebranded as 9.5 or something what happens then? Or is his price fixed at 8.0 no matter where he plays? Same goes for Kane.
Prices don't change based on transfers.
They only change once the game has started based on amount of people transferring them in.

Also, if you have 3 of one team, and a player you have transfers to them, you can have four from that team.
However, your next transfer has to be one of that team's players.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Question. If I get Grealish now for 8.0 and he goes to City and is rebranded as 9.5 or something what happens then? Or is his price fixed at 8.0 no matter where he plays? Same goes for Kane.
Prices will stay the same. I wouldn’t be as interested in Grealish if he went to city, the rotation is a killer. He’s more valuable starting pretty much every game for villa.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Price doesn't change until the season begins and then only goes up/down incrementally depending on how many people transfer said player in/out.

ROFLUTION

Prices will stay the same. I wouldn’t be as interested in Grealish if he went to city, the rotation is a killer. He’s more valuable starting pretty much every game for villa.
If they pay 100m for him, I think he'd be a main man, albeit he will eventually get subbed to ease him in

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Is there a new CAF league or is the old one being used again?

Mcking

You need to set a date/time and all be on OR make picks beforehand (and if not on, draft will select your top remaining pick) OR not do any picks and draft will pick 'best' remaining player (in its mind)

Or that's what happened in last few years I've been involved in
I know about that. I'm sure it could be made to work though, just need to know who would be interested.

Mcking

Still no price for Sancho?

My only caveat is that he may not hit the ground running. Might take him half a season to get going.

Where are the H2H leagues?
Sancho's transfer hasn't been completed I think, and only Classic leagues are renewable.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Where to begin? Ive picked Martinez and thats it :lol:
Well get rid of him immediately.

After the opening 3 fixtures, he goes to rektville for like the next 5.

I think Villa massively outperformed their xGC last season and Martinez obviously played a part in that but you would assume some normality will resume this season. Just look at their run towards the end of last season, they conceded a lot. If Grealish stays, maybe they won't concede as much but that's a big if.

Martinez is always good for saves and gets some bonuses but 5.5 for a keeper that isn't Ederson is not good value in my opinion.

You want to either get a 4.5 (like Sanchez) or max 5.0 (Meslier/Schmeichel/Pickford). Above that amount and you should seriously consider Ederson.

Just my opinion though.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Martinez Foster
Shaw Digne Coufal Fofana Lamptey
Salah Bruno Trossard Raphinha Buendia
Iheanacho Watkins Toney

I quite like those 6.5m midfielders and 7.5m forwards. Salah and Bruno are super boring but needed unfortunately. When Sancho hits the market I will consider him as I reckon he may be getting some great numbers. I could always move 6.5m midfielder into a 4.5m midfielder and open up funds to improve. I'm going to need to put in some fodder in there anyway as going 14 deep is always a headache, though I need at least one strong bench option + almost pointless to go for 4.0m defenders when 4.5m ones are super promising. I'm inclined to swap Martinez for a 5.0 too (not Sanchez because I already have Lamptey, mostly for offensive returns, covering Brighton's defence).

Pepe will be a good option I think. Also Abraham if he moves to West Ham or Brighton (not so much if he goes to Villa).

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Well get rid of him immediately.

After the opening 3 fixtures, he goes to rektville for like the next 5.

I think Villa massively outperformed their xGC last season and Martinez obviously played a part in that but you would assume some normality will resume this season. Just look at their run towards the end of last season, they conceded a lot. If Grealish stays, maybe they won't concede as much but that's a big if.

Martinez is always good for saves and gets some bonuses but 5.5 for a keeper that isn't Ederson is not good value in my opinion.

You want to either get a 4.5 (like Sanchez) or max 5.0 (Meslier/Schmeichel/Pickford). Above that amount and you should seriously consider Ederson.

Just my opinion though.
Well that pissed on Footygirl's chips? :)

Pickle85

Martinez Foster
Shaw Digne Coufal Fofana Lamptey
Salah Bruno Trossard Raphinha Buendia
Iheanacho Watkins Toney

I quite like those 6.5m midfielders and 7.5m forwards. Salah and Bruno are super boring but needed unfortunately. When Sancho hits the market I will consider him as I reckon he may be getting some great numbers. I could always move 6.5m midfielder into a 4.5m midfielder and open up funds to improve. I'm going to need to put in some fodder in there anyway as going 14 deep is always a headache, though I need at least one strong bench option + almost pointless to go for 4.0m defenders when 4.5m ones are super promising. I'm inclined to swap Martinez for a 5.0 too (not Sanchez because I already have Lamptey, mostly for offensive returns, covering Brighton's defence).

Pepe will be a good option I think. Also Abraham if he moves to West Ham or Brighton (not so much if he goes to Villa).
Do you reckon Bruno is a must have next season? He's so expensive and given his Euros and how he finished last season I'm not 100% convinced he'll hit the ground running. Also, if we do change system, is there a risk that he becomes a little less productive?

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Do you reckon Bruno is a must have next season? He's so expensive and given his Euros and how he finished last season I'm not 100% convinced he'll hit the ground running. Also, if we do change system, is there a risk that he becomes a little less productive?
Defintely one to keep an eye on with regards to the system affecting his points yeah but seems a big risk to not have hime from the get go. Would love to be able to leave him out personally as it just frees up the funds to do so much elsewere but I probably won't come GW1.

My 2 favourite drafts so far are....

Sanchez (Steele)

Shaw TAA Tierney Digne (Ayling)

Salah Bruno Sarr (Harrison) (Brownhill)

Antonio Watkins
Nacho

and the non Bruno slightly risky/more fun/differential one...

Sanchez (Steele)

Shaw TAA Chilwell Digne (Ayling)

Salah Havertz Pepe (Harrison) (Brownhill)

Antonio Cavani Watkins

paulscholes18

Defintely one to keep an eye on with regards to the system affecting his points yeah but seems a big risk to not have hime from the get go. Would love to be able to leave him out personally as it just frees up the funds to do so much elsewere but I probably won't come GW1.

Sanchez (Steele)

Salah Bruno Sarr (
Harrison) (Brownhill)

Antonio Watkins
Nacho

Sanchez (Steele)

Antonio Cavani Watkins
I think having a 6m player on the bench is too much, in the top team you could take Harrison out for a 4.5m midfielder, then upgrade Sarr.
In the bottom team only having 1 out of Salah, Bruno, KDB & Kane is very brave

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
His penalties are worth a lot and he's a BPS machine but at 12.0m I am not entirely convinced to be honest. If Sancho is 9.5m I may go for him instead to cover United's offensive output and invest more elsewhere.

I am also quite convinced I want all my 6.5m midfielders at least to start season with. I think at least 1 of them will be a hit. Trossard could be big this season if they can get a productive forward. Havertz is interesting as well. I wish I could have 7 midifelders and 1 forward.

Last edited:

JakeTheRed

Currently sat on a team of:

Sanchez - (Steele)
Robertson - Shaw - Coufal - (White) - (Manquillo)
Salah - Fernandes - Havertz - Harrison - (Gilmour)
Calvert Lewin - Watkins - Toney

Definitely going to change before the start of the season, may replace Havertz & possibly switch the strikers round a bit as there are so many options this year.

Pickle85

Sanchez (Steele)

Salah Bruno Sarr (Harrison) (Brownhill)

Antonio Watkins
Nacho

Sanchez (Steele)

Antonio Cavani Watkins
I know what you mean. I'll probably end up bottling it and sticking him in. I like both those teams above. Was considering Pepe as an outsider punt but decided against it in the end.

His penalties are worth a lot and he's a BPS machine but at 12.0m I am not entirely convinced to be honest. If Sancho is 9.5m I may go for him instead to cover United's offensive output and invest more elsewhere.

I am also quite convinced I want all my 6.5m midfielders at least to start season with. I think at least 1 of them will be a hit. Trossard could be big this season if they can get a productive forward. Havertz is interesting as well. I wish I could have 7 midifelders and 1 forward.
Yeah, agreed. I will definitely have an eye on Sancho's price and I also think mason looks good value too. Particularly if Rashford gets the op. I know exactly what you mean re midfielders Vs forwards. Gone are the days of Aguero, Kane +1.

So far I have:

Henderson
TAA. White. Shaw. Fofana

Havertz. Salah. Greenwood. Mount

Nacho. Watkins.

Bench: Sanchez, Toney, Raph, Ayling

Pickle85

Auba can suck it this year. Not making that mistake again..
I'll almost certainly get sucked in when he comes in against Norwich or whoever and bangs in four, before reverting to bench/shite. I just can't resist a differential.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Can those posters that showed up the second the season ended to casually mention their top 1k finishes actually help us out this year? :)

Paul_Scholes18

So I think Everton got a great run of games for the first 10. Who is the best long term pick do you think? Pickford? Digne? DCL? someone else?

Mcking

So I think Everton got a great run of games for the first 10. Who is the best long term pick do you think? Pickford? Digne? DCL? someone else?
Nay for Pickford. His shotstopping means he will never be that good for a 5.0m. Digne always comes across as a fantastic asset on paper, but rarely lives up to expectations. Never been convinced by DCL.

Tarrou

Can those posters that showed up the second the season ended to casually mention their top 1k finishes actually help us out this year? :)
I finished in the top 1k once, it was before anyone gave a shit and you didn't have to make an effort

so tldr don't ask me

Nickosaur

Was hilarious how many came out the woodwork :lol:
I finished 3.5k but I think I provided my fair share of advice :angel:

Paul_Scholes18

Nay for Pickford. His shotstopping means he will never be that good for a 5.0m. Digne always comes across as a fantastic asset on paper, but rarely lives up to expectations. Never been convinced by DCL.
Sanchez is also not great for shotstopping, but decent still for 4.5.

Paul_Scholes18

What do we make of the medium value gang with high potential for top teams in midfield?

Foden, Mahrez from City, Jota from Liverpool, Greenwood, Rashford and maybe Sancho from us, Mount, Havertz, Pulisic, Ziyech from Chelsea.

Who will get most minutes? Who is most explosive and worth the risk.

I think Greenwood and Jota could be worth it as cheaper alternatives for Bruno and Salah, but as captains they are not enough. Rotation high chance, but may start the first 3 potentially before CL starts.

Mahrez I think is maybe the best City captain over KDB if he keeps pens and score from them, but KDBs nailedness makes him better I think unless we somehow know Mahrez will play. Unless Kane comes then he becomes the guy to get.

Havertz the best captain from Chelsea, but the others can be worth it potentially when Chelsea have good games. Rotation can kill us though.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
My current lineup is dependent on Grealish staying at Villa. If he leaves, I think making the squad would be comparatively easier

What do we make of the medium value gang with high potential for top teams in midfield?

Foden, Mahrez from City, Jota from Liverpool, Greenwood, Rashford and maybe Sancho from us, Mount, Havertz, Pulisic, Ziyech from Chelsea.

I think Greenwood and Jota could be worth it as cheaper alternatives for Bruno and Salah, but as captains they are not enough. Rotation high chance, but may start the first 3 potentially before CL starts.

Mahrez I think is maybe the best City captain over KDB if he keeps pens and score from them, but KDBs nailedness makes him better I think unless we somehow know Mahrez will play. Unless Kane comes then he becomes the guy to get.

Havertz the best captain from Chelsea, but the others can be worth it potentially when Chelsea have good games. Rotation can kill us though.
Its the rotation that's the issue? All good players.

Apart from Foden, little tart.

Paul_Scholes18

Its the rotation that's the issue? All good players.

Apart from Foden, little tart.
Any ideas? So with Rashford out for sometime that should make Greenwood more likely to play right?. Jota could start the season too given that Firmino played longer for national side.

City and Chelsea rotation is annoying, but at the end of last season Havertz and Mahrez was star players in CL. Thus you think they will be key in the league early on now too?

If City buys Kane it changes I think then I probably go with him.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

I had Greenwood but I dropped him after Sunday. If it’s going to take him a few months to get going again I’d rather be watching than investing even though he’s obviously still really interesting, especially if he’s playing some games as a striker.

Downgrading him to a 6- 6.5 let’s me get another 6 in instead of dm fodder. Trincao, Gill, Sarr, Olise are all quite interesting.

Any ideas? So with Rashford out for sometime that should make Greenwood more likely to play right?. Jota could start the season too given that Firmino played longer for national side.

City and Chelsea rotation is annoying, but at the end of last season Havertz and Mahrez was star players in CL. Thus you think they will be key in the league early on now too?

If City buys Kane it changes I think then I probably go with him.
I'll be honest, I haven't sat down and looked at FF yet.

Workload (8-5), sun/garden (5-9) and run (9-10) taking up entire day.

I'll be looking after this week. Also have my asst (@Sandikan ) to help... hopefully does a better job than the Euros FF.

(I like Greenwood tho)

Paul_Scholes18

I had Greenwood but I dropped him after Sunday. If it’s going to take him a few months to get going again I’d rather be watching than investing even though he’s obviously still really interesting, especially if he’s playing some games as a striker.

Downgrading him to a 6- 6.5 let’s me get another 6 in instead of dm fodder. Trincao, Gill, Sarr, Olise are all quite interesting.
Aaah how did Greenwood looked. Missed the game. Been out to travel with friends a bit.

I think it is first friendly so should not judge too much. We have more friendlies to see.

Paul_Scholes18

I'll be honest, I haven't sat down and looked at FF yet.

Workload (8-5), sun/garden (5-9) and run (9-10) taking up entire day.

I'll be looking after this week. Also have my asst (@Sandikan ) to help... hopefully does a better job than the Euros FF.

(I like Greenwood tho)
Man you are busy. It is long time to go.

Following pre season do not gain a lot. Form normally change. The key is just knowing who starts. Which can be tricky with the 4 best teams that we want players from.