Fantasy Premier League 21/22

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Kane was only 10.5 last year and I still picked Son over him.

Werner based on last years performance should not be 9. Martial is 8 so that is fair for Werner.

Jota at 7.5 feels a bit low. If he starts over Firmino regulary then he is worth 10.
Werner is still expected to start most games and his underlying numbers were pretty good. At 8, Werner is easily worth the risk. Martial - No one knows if he's the 1st choice #9 now and hence the difference.

Kane, based on last year's performance easily deserves 12.5. He ended the season at 11.9m and this despite a poor end of season form by Spurs. At 12, it would've been perfect, but 12.5 is decently priced as well and would avoid everyone going for the same set of marquee players

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's very tempting to go on last year's stars.
But we all know there will be a number of absolute gems who emerge from below the radar.

Paul_Scholes18

It's very tempting to go on last year's stars.
But we all know there will be a number of absolute gems who emerge from below the radar.
I think our def looks most tempting from the start. Maybe a double up. I know we tended to play 0-0 in the harder games and concede against Sheffield etc so unless that change maybe the fixtures do not help. Shaw or AWB for 5.5 is very cheap though.

Mcking

Werner is still expected to start most games and his underlying numbers were pretty good. At 8, Werner is easily worth the risk. Martial - No one knows if he's the 1st choice #9 now and hence the difference.

Kane, based on last year's performance easily deserves 12.5. He ended the season at 11.9m and this despite a poor end of season form by Spurs. At 12, it would've been perfect, but 12.5 is decently priced as well and would avoid everyone going for the same set of marquee players
Feel all the premiums are overpriced so far. Difficult to see how one can afford more than two premiums without having an overall shit team. Even the <7m forwards that served everyone so well last season are now all overpriced.

Buendia, Raphinha and are few defenders are the only ones that looks good to me so far. Would be interesting to see how much Havertz costs especially if Chelsea don't sign a striker.

New signings and 352 might be the go-to this season. The strikers are all overpriced, and I don't see many mid tier teams signing stikers. What happened to mid-table strikers being 6.0-6.5m? No way I'm signing Wood for 7.0m, Toney is 6.5m and Pukki is 6.0m despite losing his main supply Buendia who is just 0.5m more and will play in midfield for a vastly better team.

Paul_Scholes18

Feel all the premiums are overpriced so far. Difficult to see how one can afford more than two premiums without having an overall shit team. Even the <7m forwards that served everyone so well last season are now all overpriced.

Buendia, Raphinha and are few defenders are the only ones that looks good to me so far. Would be interesting to see how much Havertz costs especially if Chelsea don't sign a striker.

New signings and 352 might be the go-to this season. The strikers are all overpriced, and I don't see many mid tier teams signing stikers. What happened to mid-table strikers being 6.0-6.5m? No way I'm signing Wood for 7.0m, Toney is 6.5m and Pukki is 6.0m despite losing his main supply Buendia who is just 0.5m more and will play in midfield for a vastly better team.
I feel 12.5 for Salah is fair. He has scored many goals pretty much every season. On penalties and playing for a top side.
Should be maybe listed as a striker the way he play, but is not and get extra points per goal.

Mane should be 11 though. He is clearly worse than Salah overall I think and not as safe.

Jota not nailed, but 7.5 make him great if one of the strikers would get injured or if he gets nailed. Same with Greewood for us and probably Foden for City at similar cost.

Mcking

I feel 12.5 for Salah is fair. He has scored many goals pretty much every season. On penalties and playing for a top side.
Should be maybe listed as a striker the way he play, but is not and get extra points per goal.

Mane should be 11 though. He is clearly worse than Salah overall I think and not as safe.

Jota not nailed, but 7.5 make him great if one of the strikers would get injured or if he gets nailed. Same with Greewood for us and probably Foden for City at similar cost.
Yeah, Salah will be my first pick even at 13m, best player in the game. Looking at the other premiums:

Fernandes 12m
De Bruyne 12m
Mane 12m
Kane 12.5m
TAA 7.5m

Think all of them should cost at least 0.5m less. How the heck is Mahrez 11m and De Bruyne 12m when Son is 10m. De Bruyne was 11.5m after a fantastic season. Not a fan of the prices so far. Will have to wait for transfers to find someone better priced players.

anant

Ofcourse premiums are overpriced, but I think if Kane, Fernandes, KDB were priced any lower, they'd be in everyone's squads. Right now, however, they've made signing 3 of them near impossible.

I think players like DCL, Henderson/Sanchez , Raphinha are going to be in everyone's squad along with Salah, TAA and a Chelsea defender

Paul_Scholes18

Yeah, Salah will be my first pick even at 13m, best player in the game. Looking at the other premiums:

Fernandes 12m
De Bruyne 12m
Mane 12m
Kane 12.5m
TAA 7.5m

Think all of them should cost at least 0.5m less. How the heck is Mahrez 11m and De Bruyne 12m when Son is 10m. De Bruyne was 11.5m after a fantastic season. Not a fan of the prices so far. Will have to wait for transfers to find someone better priced players.
I feel as they have increased attackers a lot and cheaper with defenders. Possibly since not as many defender points last season?

The only strange thing is not reducing Liverpool defenders. I guess TAA and Robertson still got many attacking returns so you can understand the high cost. Van Dijk they keep just for not playing.

Feels like overall higher costs for players this season. The only big drop I have seen is Auba.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
My early thoughts are that it feels like they have rushed the prices to me from what we have seen so far. Quite a few glaring errors.

Burnley overpriced.

Bamford 8m is just daft.

Making Mane only .5m cheaper than Salah is just stupid. Nobody is going to risk that after last season.

Vardy price rise despite being another year older and Leicester have signed a younger striker to help rotate.

Paul_Scholes18

I think Mahrez is tasty. If he would get a run in the team. Never dare him as captain with Pep though.

KDB without pens a bit high. Salah and Bruno with pens better for sure.

anant

Wilson at 7.5m is ridiculously high! I doubt anyone will buy him for that

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
The forwards are coming in at silly prices across the board. Even 6.5m for Brentford's main man which is too high for me personally considering what Watkins and Bamford were last season when the game started.

Feel like FPL have royally messed this up this year. Stand to be proven wrong of course however I can see it being very tricky building a good squad.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
So 48 hours notice for you to do a summary document @Sandikan
I'll do it here.

1. Looks very difficult.
  2. Very expensive premiums
  3. All last season's gems have gone up to higher prices
  4. All the relegation team players look poor.

Roll on a week into the game though, and there will be 4-5 picks that are superb season picks that we'll be cursing not picking up from the off.

Mcking

I feel as they have increased attackers a lot and cheaper with defenders. Possibly since not as many defender points last season?

The only strange thing is not reducing Liverpool defenders. I guess TAA and Robertson still got many attacking returns so you can understand the high cost. Van Dijk they keep just for not playing.

Feels like overall higher costs for players this season. The only big drop I have seen is Auba.
Exactly my thoughts. Mid-table strikers that are usually on the 6.0-6.5m range are all 7.5m and above now. The premiums are more expensive than they have ever been. TAA scored around 50 points less, and is still the same price, and there is no tempting premium whose price doesn't seem like having him over another would allow for a stronger team, like Fernandes, Vardy and Kane last season.

KDB was 11.5m after top scoring in 2019, and is now 12m after returning 111 points less? The game's top scorer Fernandes is 12m, when the top scorer in the previous season and a similar asset was 11.5m last season?

Every player seem to have increased in price, even those that had ordinary seasons, and yet the budget is still 100m. I've looked at the player prices that has been released, and not many potential bargians around.

Mcking

Just saw that Walker-Peters and Vestergaard are now 5.0m, and they returned 93 and 85 points. They are 0.5m less than the likes Digne, Shaw, and Cresswell.

You have to wonder what happened to the budget options across all positions, the pricing has been a mess. It is like they forgot the budget is 100m.

Paul_Scholes18

Just saw that Walker-Peters and Vestergaard are now 5.0m, and they returned 93 and 85 points. They are 0.5m less than the likes Digne, Shaw, and Cresswell.

You have to wonder what happened to the budget options across all positions, the pricing has been a mess. It is like they forgot the budget is 100m.
Yeah insane. I think we will find value with defenders. Forwards looks crazy hard to pick. I think ignore Kane is the way to go.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Completed it already.

Bachman / Foster
Shaw / James / Digne / White / Duffy
Salah (c) / Bruno (VC) / Grealish / Raphinha / Bissouma
Antonio / DCL / Watkins

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Stuart Dallas from Leeds is down as a midfielder now.

Last edited:

Paul_Scholes18

Cavani/greenwood over Bruno? 12 million is too much for Bruno I think. I guess he got the pens, but in open play I can see Cavani and Greenwood doing equally well minimum.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
My favourite thread is back!!!

Looking at the prices, we're going to see a lot of template teams from the off.

Players like Raphinha are massively underpriced whilst others like Sterling are too overpriced.

Haven't opened the game yet but already think the below will be in my team:

Sanchez (unless Bissouma and White leave)
Shaw, Coady
Raphinha, Salah, Grealish
Toney

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
No way. It is starting?? Great.
Again i ask; fantasy draft? Anybody playing that? Looking interesting as i see it

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
What do we think Sancho's price would be if he joins a Premier League club?

anant

If Rashford wasn't going for his surgery after Euros, he would have been in my side for sure.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Very hard to get the primo players in this year. Rough draft

Sanchez / Guaita

Targett Lamptey Digne Ayling Williams (hopefully on loan at Southampton)

Jota Salah Grealish Mason Raphinha

Werner Cavani DCL

Bank 0

Wildcard once the cheap options come out of the pack and get one more premium in

hubbuh

I'm actually a big fan of the price hikes. First time in forever that I only have one 10m+ player in my team (Salah).

EDIT. Also, looking at Liverpool's fixture list, they've got a really nice season in terms of spread. Nice enough start, cushty finish. Jammy feckers.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
First draft:

Sanchez
TAA, Coufal, Coady
Salah, Grealish, Bruno, Raphinha
DCL, Iheanacho, Toney

Subs: Foster, Fofana, White, Bissouma

Obviously will make changes but I'm already quite happy with that!

Mcking

I have tried picking a team, my thoughts so far:

1. The 5.5m defenders look like the best price points across all positions.

2. If you pick two premium midfielders, then it becomes almost impossible to pick the medium priced midfielders without having too many budget priced players.

3. The regular 6.0m to 6.5m strikers are all 7.5m and above now and I don't see many mid-table teams bringing in strikers that will be priced better.

4. Last season was the season of 4.5m defenders, but there are just a few now that look good to me.

5. It is virtually impossible to pick 4 premiums, due to the lack of good cheap stikers, and the premiums are all as expensive as they could possibly be.

6. If you are a 4.5m goalkeeper guy, then, Dubravka, Sanchez and Bachmann are your men.

Mcking

Very hard to get the primo players in this year. Rough draft

Sanchez / Guaita

Targett Lamptey Digne Ayling Williams (hopefully on loan at Southampton)

Jota Salah Grealish Mason Raphinha

Werner Cavani DCL

Bank 0

Wildcard once the cheap options come out of the pack and get one more premium in
Think the mid-table stikers will be better bets than the likes of Cavani and Werner this year. Have you seen Liverpool's fixtures?