Fantasy Premier League 21/22

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Could Bowen be a starter though now without Lingard. Not so many attacking players from them to compete with.

Havertz still play in a team with great options I say and Tuchels like to rotate.
This is true but if I remember correctly, Bowen usually got subbed out even before JLingz came. He is a good option though.

Paul_Scholes18

This is true but if I remember correctly, Bowen usually got subbed out even before JLingz came. He is a good option though.
Yeah it is tricky with these picks. I feel the only nailed midfielder I really want is Raphinha. Grealish I am happy to have, but I also want Watkins and rather have him I think

I probably punt on one pick. If I go Bruno then maybe Bowen or Barnes for being cheaper. If no Bruno Greenwood or Havertz unless I go Cavani.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Yeah it is tricky with these picks. I feel the only nailed midfielder I really want is Raphinha. Grealish I am happy to have, but I also want Watkins and rather have him I think

I probably punt on one pick. If I go Bruno then maybe Bowen or Barnes for being cheaper. If no Bruno Greenwood or Havertz unless I go Cavani.
Buendia?

Paul_Scholes18

I think Villas fixtures turn for the worse after 3 games. Thus I want to sell him. I think in the hard games I trust Watkins more if I am forced to keep one.

I guess will Grealish stay? If Grealish goes not sure I want anyone from Villa to be fair to start. Might bring in the best pick later when the fixtures turn.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
What do people think about Covid this year? It ruined it for me last year, and I think that there might be an argument for having a squad full of starters and spreading the money about.

Anyone going for that option? I think it’ doable while still having two premiums and it could protect squads against any amount of rotation and late Covid cases

ROFLUTION

What do people think about Covid this year? It ruined it for me last year, and I think that there might be an argument for having a squad full of starters and spreading the money about.

Anyone going for that option? I think it’ doable while still having two premiums and it could protect squads against any amount of rotation and late Covid cases
It's interesting, as the Delta version could be a bit of a bigger task than at first sight. What happens if a vaccinated team catches a case of delta? Is the whole squad then isolated?

Paul_Scholes18

Yeah Covid fecked me last year. I always go for a squad with starters, but I think I had 6 players out when two games got moved last year. Double Fulham cheap bench players was an idiotic move that fecked me.
I never played one of them, but when I needed them to play the game got moved due to Covid.

Thus what you learn from this is have all your bench players from different teams. With starters if one team is great you should still pick 2-3 players from them.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
I think Villas fixtures turn for the worse after 3 games. Thus I want to sell him. I think in the hard games I trust Watkins more if I am forced to keep one.

I guess will Grealish stay? If Grealish goes not sure I want anyone from Villa to be fair to start. Might bring in the best pick later when the fixtures turn.
They do indeed.

(Clubs first six ranked)

Paul_Scholes18

They do indeed.

(Clubs first six ranked)

Nice image.

This is a big reason why I like Sanchez and Bachmann as keepers.

There is one negative and that is them playing each others in a game that is great for them both. I remember last year when I had two keepers against each other and I picked the wrong one.

If that game gets moved due to Covid I have no keeper playing as well, but that would be insanly bad luck.

Maluco

It's interesting, as the Delta version could be a bit of a bigger task than at first sight. What happens if a vaccinated team catches a case of delta? Is the whole squad then isolated?
Yeah! Even with vaccinations, cases will still need to isolate from squads, so I think having a full squad of starters is the best way to protect yourself. I think I am going to tey

Yeah Covid fecked me last year. I always go for a squad with starters, but I think I had 6 players out when two games got moved last year. Double Fulham cheap bench players was an idiotic move that fecked me.
I never played one of them, but when I needed them to play the game got moved due to Covid.

Thus what you learn from this is have all your bench players from different teams. With starters if one team is great you should still pick 2-3 players from them.
Yeah, there is no point having starters at 4.5 million who you don’t trust to play anyway. I think this year, the reward is there if you have a squad of players that can get points and you hit the right 6,5 mids And 4,5 defs.

Nor to mention that your squad value could be sizeable by Christmas!

I have Gilmour in at the minute, but he is a deeper lying player for a promoted team. I think I am kidding myself saying he is an option, as I won’t want to use him.

Nice image.

This is a big reason why I like Sanchez and Bachmann as keepers.

There is one negative and that is them playing each others in a game that is great for them both. I remember last year when I had two keepers against each other and I picked the wrong one.

If that game gets moved due to Covid I have no keeper playing as well, but that would be insanly bad luck.
This is better, a site I used last year.

You adjust how many weeks ahead you want to see and you get a visual of how hard each team's run is. Very good for planning changes.

So, if you look at 4 weeks, you might not want Chelsea or Leeds players... but stretch to 10 weeks and you see how their fixtures improve.

Conversely, Villa and United have good fixtures for 3 weeks but get a lot harder weeks 4-10.

https://www.footballfallout.com/fantasy-football-planner

Neo_Mufc

It's very tempting to go on last year's stars.
But we all know there will be a number of absolute gems who emerge from below the radar.
This always happens. I tend to pick a template team that everyone else does and then first week in I'm regretting my team.

I really want to get a good start this year.

ROFLUTION

Yeah! Even with vaccinations, cases will still need to isolate from squads, so I think having a full squad of starters is the best way to protect yourself. I think I am going to tey

Yeah, there is no point having starters at 4.5 million who you don’t trust to play anyway. I think this year, the reward is there if you have a squad of players that can get points and you hit the right 6,5 mids And 4,5 defs.

Nor to mention that your squad value could be sizeable by Christmas!

I have Gilmour in at the minute, but he is a deeper lying player for a promoted team. I think I am kidding myself saying he is an option, as I won’t want to use him.
Good point on squad value. Besides Smith Rowe at 5.5 who else is viable (attacking) options at or below 5.5?

Spotting the next Cantwell would be gold.

JakeTheRed

Good point on squad value. Besides Smith Rowe at 5.5 who else is viable (attacking) options at or below 5.5?

I feel like Harrison (Leeds) is also a great shout. Although, he's 6.0m. Bringing in some great numbers from the left wing for Leeds, yet seems to be flying under the radar, thanks to everyone jumping on Raphinha.

Another is Sarr (Watford), also 6.0m. Looked decent in the PL a couple years ago, he's had time to mature & seems to be Watford's most dangerous player.

They're both in my team at the moment, sitting besides Salah & Fernandes in Midfield!

GledTheRed

I feel like Harrison (Leeds) is also a great shout. Although, he's 6.0m. Bringing in some great numbers from the left wing for Leeds, yet seems to be flying under the radar, thanks to everyone jumping on Raphinha.

Another is Sarr (Watford), also 6.0m. Looked decent in the PL a couple years ago, he's had time to mature & seems to be Watford's most dangerous player.

They're both in my team at the moment, sitting besides Salah & Fernandes in Midfield!
I think Harrison got more points than Raphinha last year too, Sarr is a decent player if Watford can score goals, I've got Deeny & King currently.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I think Harrison got more points than Raphinha last year too, Sarr is a decent player if Watford can score goals, I've got Deeny & King currently.
Raphinha did spend more time injured. Both are good. My preference is Raphinha though.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Gone a different way for draft no.2… get the big hitters and form a squad around them.

Three big hitters (eggs, basket, all, etc) or balance?

Meslier Sanchez

Ayling Veltman Fofana White Clark

BRUNO SALAH Dallas Saka Jorginho

KANE Wood Toney

(I prefer first one).
Not liking that defence at all.
I think this year 2 big hitters is the way to go, and strengthen around them.

Raphina looks superb value this season.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Gone a different way for draft no.2… get the big hitters and form a squad around them.

Three big hitters (eggs, basket, all, etc) or balance?

Meslier Sanchez

Ayling Veltman Fofana White Clark

BRUNO SALAH Dallas Saka Jorginho

KANE Wood Toney

(I prefer first one).
option 1. far more balance and better fund distribution.

paulscholes18

What are people’s opinions on
Sanchez & Fofana or Bachmann & Lamptey
Bowen & Antonio or Jota & Toney

Thinking Sanchez & Fofana as I think Sanchez is more likely to keep a clean sheet but Bachmann has a better chance to the bonus point for saves.

If I knew Jota would start every game then it’s a no brainier but he’s not and Toney has no top league experience, but with Bowen and Antonio got 2 very solid players also who are guaranteed starters.

Wish TAA and Salah were 0.5m cheaper then Antonio could come in over Toney

Mcking

Thinking Sanchez & Fofana as I think Sanchez is more likely to keep a clean sheet but Bachmann has a better chance to the bonus point for saves.

If I knew Jota would start every game then it’s a no brainier but he’s not and Toney has no top league experience, but with Bowen and Antonio got 2 very solid players also who are guaranteed starters.

Bachmann/Sanchez looks like a tight one. Fofana is a six-pointer max, so Lamptey is comfortably the better choice if he can stay fit.

Bowen and Antonio over Jota and Toney. Toney is new to the league, and Jota isn't nailed. Two huge red flags for FPL attackers.

Paul_Scholes18

I think Bachmann has the potential to be this seasons promoted save king with clean sheets. A bit like Johnstone and Meslier last year and ideally more like Meslier.
Also remember Aereola was bad for saves. I think Krul might just concede too much, but I remember his two pen saves against us. Crazy.
Raya can be a save king, but probably too few clean sheets for my taste. Possible though that he does really well.

I am going with bachmann and Sanchez. Rotating can be hard since they both got good fixtures and both have potential for hauls against all weaker sides and also failure against anyone.
Still having two allow me to see who is doing best and if needed bench one every week if they perform badly.

Last year I had Ryan and Martinez. Basically the best for saves/points and the worst. Did not expect the difference to be so huge.

Maluco

I think there are a few potential ones including Cantwell himself!

I think Olise is one to watch at Palace and there is a real player in Rashica if he can find his best form at Norwich.

Possibly Jones starting at Liverpool too if they don’t sign anyone else. I think he looked really good at times last season.

There are a few at 6 million too. Trincao is one of those that could well be bought by a top 4 side in the future. He has the ability.

Harrison, Sarr and certainly Willock if he does back to Newcastle.

Not liking that defence at all.
I think this year 2 big hitters is the way to go, and strengthen around them.

Raphina looks superb value this season.
option 1. far more balance and better fund distribution.
Thanks. I didn't like it either but laying stuff out makes it clearer.. wanted to see how a team looked with three big hitters versus one (though think Havertz will have a good season).

Draft 3 will be a middle ground... Bruno and Kane, no Salah.

And I've got to work out how to do spreadsheets on my new iPad.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Players I really like to be nailed, but will they be? Bowen, Traore, Barnes, Jota, Greenwood, Foden, Havertz. Who got the best chance to play say 4-5 games in a row from these?
Barnes IMO.

He doesn't really have competition on that left wing and he's always been nailed on under BR.

Paul_Scholes18

Barnes IMO.

He doesn't really have competition on that left wing and he's always been nailed on under BR.
Nacho though? Will they play with wingbacks or not? I would love Barnes and Nacho to both start. I would love having them both.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Nacho though? Will they play with wingbacks or not? I would love Barnes and Nacho to both start. I would love having them both.
I think Iheanacho will play at striker and if Maddison leaves he may drop into the attacking mid. Don't think he's a threat to Barnes.

Sometimes they play wing backs but he usually still starts anyway. He played 25 games last season before injury and started 22 of them so I think he's pretty safe regardless.

Iheanacho's place is less safe with the signing of Daka but I'd imagine Iheanacho will be first choice to start the season after his form last season and the new guy will need time to settle in. There's a few good options at similar prices to Nacho though if he isn't a starter so it'd be an easy swap to someone like Watkins, Jimenez, Antonio, Wilson, Wood et al. Calvert-Lewin is only 0.5 more so could be another option.

Paul_Scholes18

I think Iheanacho will play at striker and if Maddison leaves he may drop into the attacking mid. Don't think he's a threat to Barnes.

Sometimes they play wing backs but he usually still starts anyway. He played 25 games last season before injury and started 22 of them so I think he's pretty safe regardless.

Iheanacho's place is less safe with the signing of Daka but I'd imagine Iheanacho will be first choice to start the season after his form last season and the new guy will need time to settle in. There's a few good options at similar prices to Nacho though if he isn't a starter so it'd be an easy swap to someone like Watkins, Jimenez, Antonio, Wilson, Wood et al. Calvert-Lewin is only 0.5 more so could be another option.
Yeah just thinking that Iheancho started playing more after Barnes got injured. We have not really seen them much together.

Leicester is a really intersting side. If they play 3-4-1-2 then lots of players feels like great options. Iheanacho, Fofana, Castagne and potentially Barnes/Maddison.

If they go 4-3-3 then I like Barnes and Maddison mostly and maybe Tielemans more although would not pick him.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Yeah just thinking that Iheancho started playing more after Barnes got injured. We have not really seen them much together.

Leicester is a really intersting side. If they play 3-4-1-2 then lots of players feels like great options. Iheanacho, Fofana, Castagne and potentially Barnes/Maddison.

If they go 4-3-3 then I like Barnes and Maddison mostly and maybe Tielemans more although would not pick him.
Yeah Fofana at 4.5 looks a great option. He's currently in my team.

Paul_Scholes18

Yeah Fofana at 4.5 looks a great option. He's currently in my team.
I think he mainly starts for sure if 3 central defenders, but could be wrong here. I think Evans is number one then maybe Söyuncu, but could be Evans and Fofana I think.

Luke Thomas could maybe be a guy to watch too. If he plays as wingback. Not sure he would though, but he played some games over Pereira last season.

I guess they might rotate with Castagne nailed. Not sure how long Justin is out either he could be great later in the season.

Nickosaur

I've deliberatly stayed away from tinkering with my team over the last few weeks... but I've gone in a few times over the last few days to tinker with my team.

My biggest dilemma at the moment is Bruno vs KDB. I feel Sancho and Greenwood may share more G+As with Bruno this season. But that's just a hunch, and hunches are typically a mugs game in FPL.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Selecting the 4.5 defenders is actually quite difficult.

Fofana, not nailed (formation dependent) and zero attacking threat.

White, again, zero attacking threat. People keep pointing to arsenal conceding less than most teams but look at their clean sheets stat and it tells a different story. Most teams scored one against them and defended knowing arsenal didn't have an attack!

Lamptey, injury prone.

Coady, no one knows how Wolves will play with new manager.

Ayling, probably the best option because this year he will most likely not be playing CB and will have more attacking threat and he is nailed. Only issue is that I have Raphinha and usually don't like to double up on a team that is not top 4.

JakeTheRed

I've deliberatly stayed away from tinkering with my team over the last few weeks... but I've gone in a few times over the last few days to tinker with my team.

My biggest dilemma at the moment is Bruno vs KDB. I feel Sancho and Greenwood may share more G+As with Bruno this season. But that's just a hunch, and hunches are typically a mugs game in FPL.
You've got your thinking right here. Never go off of hunches. KDB is a fantastic player, but his points last year don't even compare to Bruno's. Stick to the data, go with Bruno, I really feel like him and Salah are just mainstays for the season. They're so important to the attacking element for their teams, everything goes through them & more importantly, they're both on penalties and bag them 99% of the time.

Paul_Scholes18

White, again, zero attacking threat. People keep pointing to arsenal conceding less than most teams but look at their clean sheets stat and it tells a different story. Most teams scored one against them and defended knowing arsenal didn't have an attack!

Lamptey, injury prone.

Ayling, probably the best option because this year he will most likely not be playing CB and will have more attacking threat and he is nailed. Only issue is that I have Raphinha and usually don't like to double up on a team that is not top 4.
Yeah I feel you need to spend for quality this year. No cheap gems yet, but they might show up.

5-6 got extremly good value for picks though. I think the Liverpool players are a bit too expensive, but I guess Klopp do not like to rotate unlike lots of other teams.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history

Lamptey, injury prone.

All good points. I'm actually on a 4-3-3 at the moment with a back line of Trent, Chilwell, AWB (will be Shaw when fit), Digne and Ayling as my £4.5 defender.

paulscholes18

Players I really like to be nailed, but will they be? Bowen, Traore, Barnes, Jota, Greenwood, Foden, Havertz. Who got the best chance to play say 4-5 games in a row from these?
Bowen played in all 38 games last season, also read that he is on penalty’s in pre season over Antonio.