Fantasy Premier League 21/22

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Hmmmmm....

Bachman / Foster
Chilwell / Digne / TAA (Ayling) (White)
Salah / Greenwood / Havertz / Buendia (Brownhill)
Watkins / Nacho / Antonio

£1.5m in the bank. Not bad actually. Can jump from Havertz to a City mid or Son with that kind of flexibility amongst other things.

People with Bruno, what weeks will you captain him?
Good team, but a few red flags.

You have 2 Villa players... you may have to book in two transfers after GW3 as their fixtures fall off a cliff.
Chilwell has a good starting game but then really tough fixtures all the way up to GW7. Wouldn't someone like Shaw be better pick? Same goes for Havertz but I assume you plan to transfer him out after GW1?

ROFLUTION

I fancy Havertz as a placeholder for a move to a City mid in GW2 as well (Mahrez, Foden, Torres). Obviously not ideal to plan a transfer in but it would be a nice one to make if nothing esle to worry about. Can see Chelsea whooping Palace trying to play attacking football.

Trouble is it probably means sacrificing Bruno but then surely Sancho & Havertz > Bruno & Smith Rowe. Hell if Rashford has that op then Greenwood is definitely back on the table for me as well.
Greenwood is on the table here as well, but he'll probably fight for a spot with Martial. So could be 60 or 30 minutes. On the other hand, coming on against tired sides is usually where he thrives. Should play in some form.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Is he going to start every week? Even Chilwell didn’t start every week for Tuchel.
I wouldn't expect any of our guys playing every week. Last year Chilwell still managed to be the 6th highest scoring defender though. James was 19th but as last year was really his breakthrough season (and Azpi is aging) I would expect him to get more game time this season.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I wouldn't expect any of our guys playing every week. Last year Chilwell still managed to be the 6th highest scoring defender though. James was 19th but as last year was really his breakthrough season (and Azpi is aging) I would expect him to get more game time this season.
They still have 3 leftbacks and Alonso played a huge chunk after Tuchel took over where as Chilwell played a lot when Lampard was manager.

mohr

Provided Watford can attack I think he has potential. We just have to wait to see how he transfers from the Championship to the Premier league. If he does then he will outscore the defenders you listed especially since Coady and Holding are central defenders. Ayling IMO is overrated by FPL managers. He had an entire year in that good Leeds attack and didn’t register a single assist or goal.
Wait, I never watch him but from googling it says he Sierralta also play as a CD?

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Good team, but a few red flags.

You have 2 Villa players... you may have to book in two transfers after GW3 as their fixtures fall off a cliff.
Chilwell has a good starting game but then really tough fixtures all the way up to GW7. Wouldn't someone like Shaw be better pick? Same goes for Havertz but I assume you plan to transfer him out after GW1?
Yeah Chilwell would be Shaw if he looks like playing although Chelsea can keep clean sheets against anyone. Havertz would be my GW2 transfer out yeah.

RDCR07

Wait, I never watch him but from googling it says he Sierralta also play as a CD?
I’m not sure about that. I didn’t watch them that’s closely last year. Just watched the playoffs but apparently he had 18 shots inside the box last season.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Just noticed Lamptey is back on the 25% to play "hamstring"

Deja vu!

RDCR07

If Grealish goes to Man City that’s the nail in the coffin for him or any City attacker this year in terms of picking them for fantasy.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
If Grealish goes to Man City that’s the nail in the coffin for him or any City attacker this year in terms of picking them for fantasy.
Makes FPL slightly easier. Don't even have to consider Grealish in that case. Can go for Buendia

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Makes FPL slightly easier. Don't even have to consider Grealish in that case. Can go for Buendia
Yep, Grealish to City makes life much easier. I currently have Cancelo in my team and even then I'm considering dropping him as the Pep roulette brings in more stress than it's worth.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Anyone else think Mbeumo is a good shout for a 5.5m midfielder? 8 goals and 10 assists for Brentford last season.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Yep, Grealish to City makes life much easier. I currently have Cancelo in my team and even then I'm considering dropping him as the Pep roulette brings in more stress than it's worth.
From a FF perspective :). From a real life perspective :nono:.

Cancelo, still a good choice. Just need a defender sub who will play, even if cheap?

Anyone else think Mbeumo is a good shout for a 5.5m midfielder? 8 goals and 10 assists for Brentford last season.
Was on my short list but that's about 15-20 players in each position so not that short.

For the money, he's a cheap (ish) 5th midfielder if you're planning to play 352 or 343 (and rotating other MFers).

Will be interesting to see how Brentford do.. some teams come up and have good starts (Norwich, Villa), some don't. Think they have a mixed run of fixtures.. maybe check that

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Promoted keepers. One usually does very well. Watford had the best defence in the championship but they haven’t signed anyone better yet. Brentford have the analytics and have got Ajaer in…. I think Norwich are mostly likely doomed…

I think I’m going to double up on promoted gks for 8.5 for ten games and see how it goes. Just deciding between Watford or Brentford…

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
With Martial not featuring in pre season yet and Rashford out until October I think greenwood is a real gem in FPL. He's definitely going to be in my team. I usually wildcard around week 5 to 9 typically so that will fit in nicely with the return of some more of our players.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
From a FF perspective :). From a real life perspective :nono:.

Cancelo, still a good choice. Just need a defender sub who will play, even if cheap?
Yes, I have Ayling as first sub as he's a guaranteed starter and Cancelo is unlikely to come on if he doesnt start.

Heard West Ham are close to signing Pereira from West Brom. Could be a good option if priced correctly.

Paul_Scholes18

I like this team, but how risky is some of these picks.

Sanchez Bachmann

Coufal TAA Digne Shaw Reguilon
Smith Rowe 4.5 Salah Son Raphinha
Antonio Watkins Cavani

Having both Cavani and Antonio feels very risky. Not sure they will play enough.
Smith Rowe also risky. Will he start every game?

One easy move is to do Cavani to Toney and then Son to Bruno.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
How is the Ben White move going to affect Brighton’s defense this year?
He is good but Brighton seem to rely on the system more than individual players. They had injuries to various members of the back line last year but kept playing the same way.

RDCR07

I like this team, but how risky is some of these picks.

Sanchez Bachmann

Coufal TAA Digne Shaw Reguilon
Smith Rowe 4.5 Salah Son Raphinha
Antonio Watkins Cavani

Having both Cavani and Antonio feels very risky. Not sure they will play enough.
Smith Rowe also risky. Will he start every game?

One easy move is to do Cavani to Toney and then Son to Bruno.
If you reduce your spending on those defenders by going to 4.5 and 4m you can use that money to upgrade your midfield.

Paul_Scholes18

If you reduce your spending on those defenders by going to 4.5 and 4m you can use that money to upgrade your midfield.
I think all those defenders are worth the money though. I think Reguilon can be good under Nuno. I think he is a quality defender. Coufal I really like and Digne got amazing fixtures.

Like if I for example go Bowen over Smith Rowe and White plus Ayling I feel that is weaker than Reguilon, Coufal and Smith Rowe.

Maybe I overrate Smith Rowe a bit. Quite like Bowen if he starts so might be worth the uppgrade. I have considered Barnes before, but not sure he is fully ready to play yet. I feel the defenders are a bit more safe in terms of knowing what you got.

Spurs start with Man City so maybe better to go without Son, but Son is often good on the counter and the next 3 looks great.

I probably change Cavani to Toney and Son to Bruno I guess cause not trusting Cavanis minutes and I would not dare captain him as a result.
Also if KDB smash it then it will be easier to get him if I have Bruno.

I think all those defenders are worth the money though. I think Reguilon can be good under Nuno. I think he is a quality defender. Coufal I really like and Digne got amazing fixtures.

Like if I for example go Bowen over Smith Rowe and White plus Ayling I feel that is weaker than Reguilon, Coufal and Smith Rowe.

Maybe I overrate Smith Rowe a bit. Quite like Bowen if he starts so might be worth the uppgrade. I have considered Barnes before, but not sure he is fully ready to play yet. I feel the defenders are a bit more safe in terms of knowing what you got.

Spurs start with Man City so maybe better to go without Son, but Son is often good on the counter and the next 3 looks great.

I probably change Cavani to Toney and Son to Bruno I guess cause not trusting Cavanis minutes and I would not dare captain him as a result.
They are (mostly).

Loads of talk about having to have a cheap defence/expensive midfield but I don’t think there’s enough value in the midfield pool this year. And given performances last season, a lot of the defenders can see a big increase in points for an extra £0.5m / £1m. That same increase isn’t seen in midfield (or attack).

(awb, Dias, Andy and taa cost £25m and last season got 607. Salah and Kane cost £25m and last season got 473 points. Not an exact comparison I get but having all £4m/£4.5m defenders could lose you 200-300 points and I doubt you could spend that in other areas and make that back?)

yes, got to have a couple of top top, but after that, it’s what gets the points?

Last edited:

Paul_Scholes18

They are (mostly).

Loads of talk about having to have a cheap defence/expensive midfield but I don’t think there’s enough value in the midfield pool this year. And given performances last season, a lot of the defenders can see a big increase in points for an extra £0.5m / £1m. That same increase isn’t seen in midfield (or attack).

yes, got to have a couple of top top, but after that, it’s what gets the points?

Early on it is about finding those gems. I jumped on Bamford early last season for example. That was my best move.

Spreading the budget around too much makes it harder to uppgrade players.

Having Bruno and Salah is nice since you can get whoever you want in 2 moves. Problem is actually moving these guys on is really hard when they have good fixtures like they got and could smash it in every game.

It might be easier to get bandwagons if you go without Bruno since I feel moving Cavani on for the best striker at the moment might be much easier to do then do Bruno to Son/Sancho after gameweek 1 for example.

RDCR07

Yes but Digne, Shaw and TAA are going to play at least though the first 6 weeks cause their fixtures are good. Which means you have £10m just sitting on your bench. Keep Coufal and change Reguilon to a £4m defender and that £1m for midfield. Or keep Coufal and change Digne. Spurs fixtures aren’t great for the first 6 weeks when compared to the others.

Paul_Scholes18

Yes but Digne, Shaw and TAA are going to play at least though the first 6 weeks cause their fixtures are good. Which means you have £10m just sitting on your bench. Keep Coufal and change Reguilon to a £4m defender and that £1m for midfield. Or keep Coufal and change Digne. Spurs fixtures aren’t great for the first 6 weeks when compared to the others.
I would be playing them a lot though and bench Smith Rowe second or third week. I might even bench Digne, Shaw or TAA depending on form.

The problem with this strategy is if Smith Rowe is shit then it is hard to uppgrade him and if there is a 7-7.5 million midfielder everyone wants then I might be forced to change things around a lot to free up the money to get them.

No 4.5 does give me high levels of confidence right now for defenders, but Chambers if he plays could be one to go for. Lamptey and Nouri potentially good ones too, but risky. Ayling could be as well a safe pick with fairly high attacking potential.

anant

But are you really going to play 5atb on most weeks? If not, why would you want a 5m defender at the very least on the bench?

For instance, TAA and Shaw are going to play every week irrespective of opposition, Digne has good starting fixtures so I'm assuming he'd play every week in the beginning as well. Reguillon is going to play atleast 4 of the first 6 games and I believe Coufal will have to play 5 of the first 6. So, do you really want 5 atb?

Eendracht maakt macht

Supports
PSV Eindhoven
First draft:

Sanchez
Trent Shaw Robertson
Buendia Havertz Salah Greenwood Raphina
DCL - Antonio

Steer, Fofana, Davis, Manquilo