Fantasy Premier League 21/22

JuriM

Tinkered around a bit, due injuries and some players not being up for it yet due short or none preseason.

Sanchez
Shaw, Manquillo, Stones
Buendia, Smith - Rowe, Salah, Bruno, Barnes
Aubameyang, Antonio

Bench: Foster, Ajer, Toney, Duffy.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Current team - Feck it, I think I'll go Grealish from the get go. Don't think Pep can afford to ease him in and he looked a natural fit in the system today. Only slight worry is bench-size, very little width and double brighton in defence, but for 2 gw's i'll be fine, in case I want to do 3 transfers and switch it all around - the upside is that almost every player is a solid player.

As first XIs go, not bad. Puts a lot of pressure on the one forward though?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Tinkered around a bit, due injuries and some players not being up for it yet due short or none preseason.

Sanchez
Shaw, Manquillo, Stones
Aubameyang, Antonio

Aubameyang is an enigma - bar last season he's always represented very strong value but who knows now. Not a bad team though - tempted by Lukaku?

JuriM

Aubameyang is an enigma - bar last season he's always represented very strong value but who knows now. Not a bad team though - tempted by Lukaku?
He might be the old one again, but Arsenal has so sweet fixtures and Chelsea has one of toughest starts. Also all center forwards not really starting off insane atm.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?

Sanchez
Shaw, Manquillo, Stones
Aubameyang, Antonio

Arsenal fan by any chance? Hahahaha.

No offence mate but that team is awful. And why would you bench a striker, let alone a 6m striker? Never bench strikers in FPL unless they are the 4.5m bench fodder types.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Current team - Feck it, I think I'll go Grealish from the get go. Don't think Pep can afford to ease him in and he looked a natural fit in the system today. Only slight worry is bench-size, very little width and double brighton in defence, but for 2 gw's i'll be fine, in case I want to do 3 transfers and switch it all around - the upside is that almost every player is a solid player.

It's a good 11 but the zero flexibility would worry me. Not a fan of the 1 man up top system either.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Thank goodness for Lukaku because a lot of these teams are almost exactly the same!

He should help mix things up a little.

Harvey Barnes is a great little player. Direct and aggressive style is really great to watch.

He is definitely giving me food for thought now that he is definitely ready to go.

£7mil could be a snip for what he looks capable of.
Im not sure if he’s one of those players who’s good for your team but not great points wise for FF?
Arsenal fan by any chance? Hahahaha.

No offence mate but that team is awful. And why would you bench a striker, let alone a 6m striker? Never bench strikers in FPL unless they are the 4.5m bench fodder types.
Good job you werent meaning to be offensive :)
Where can I get the code to join the CAF league?
Thread marked

thedvil

I think i have done it...

After 80 or so changes and different combinations i think i have finally picked the team i am happy to start with.

Foster/Bachmann

Cresswell/Shaw/TAA/Target/White

Bruno/Salah/Greenwood/Barnes/Gilmour

Antonio/Ings/Mebeude

No Chelsea or City yet, plan to wildcard around GW5 and have a better idea of who is starting and preforming by then, These players have the best fixtures for the first 5 matches.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Guaita
Tierney Robertson Shaw
Buendia Salah Fernandes Mahrez Dallas
Cavani Antonio

Got to be cruel to be kind sometimes. Reeks of Arsenal bias.
scared to put my latest draft up now :nervous:
I think i have done it...

After 80 or so changes and different combinations i think i have finally picked the team i am happy to start with.

Foster/Bachmann

Cresswell/Shaw/TAA/Target/White

Bruno/Salah/Greenwood/Barnes/Gilmour

Antonio/Ings/Mebeude

No Chelsea or City yet, plan to wildcard around GW5 and have a better idea of who is starting and preforming by then, These players have the best fixtures for the first 5 matches.
@Nou_Camp99 … thoughts?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Not initially. Not sure where Kane is playing and Eeyores fixtures are tough early on… maybe later
Im liking Greenwood against Leeds again after his goal today. Reckon he’ll play up top. Gotta love midfielders who are strikers. He will be too much of a rotation risk as the season goes on unless he totally catches fire but he should be good for the first match or two. Also fancy Bamford to get something against us. High scoring game possibly

luck&neat

Anyone else planning on getting Jimenez in? First couple of games are tricky, and Wolves have a big question mark over them currently - but he was Mr.Consistent for a long time prior to his injury. Feels like the forgotten man at the moment, haven't seen anyone mention him (even for a future transfer).

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Anyone else planning on getting Jimenez in? First couple of games are tricky, and Wolves have a big question mark over them currently - but he was Mr.Consistent for a long time prior to his injury. Feels like the forgotten man at the moment, haven't seen anyone mention him (even for a future transfer).
My plan was to switch Watkins to him in GW4 of he looked as good as before.

I thought I had it all sorted and with a little bit of luck, I could make it through the first few weeks.

But now, after all the injuries to every striker, I'll end up starting the season with: Maupay, Vydra and Shane Long :lol:

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Feck are we supposed to do for Kane/Lukaku? It would mean getting rid of Salah/Bruno the way most of our teams are structured.
Both have fecked up schedule. Better to use Salah and Bruno and then in gw7 replace them with Lukaku and Kane. That is at least my plan for Lukaku for sure. When Kane signs and plays first game for City then i will buy him instead of Bruno i think

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
I think this is my final draft..

Ederson (Foster)
TAA Dias AWB Shaw (Duffy)
Salah Grealish Bruno Maddison Gray
Antonio (Obafemi, Perica)

Obviously my bench is weak but with so many players unavailable for GW1, I’ve gone with a team that’s full of (present) starters and should leave me enough room to stick with each of these players for atleast 2 GWs and I can make a double or triple change for GW3. Then that should leave me enough time until I use my wildcard in GW6/7.

I’ve always made changes for GW2 in every previous FPL season even though sometimes my team did fairly well in GW1 and I’ve suffered. Most of these players I’ve chosen represent some part of their teams core and I should be good until GW3.

Moby

Dick
Settled with this for now

Sanchez
TAA Shaw Cresswell
Salah Bruno Buendia Raphinha Greenwood
Antonio Toney

Foster White Ayling Davis

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Thought I'd forgotten pasting my own team up for a second as your first 11 is 10 of mine.
Stones instead of Coufal for me.

Although subject to change as Greenwood definitely looks a good option.
And stones I might be tempted to switch with their opening games.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Thought I'd forgotten pasting my own team up for a second as your first 11 is 10 of mine.
Stones instead of Coufal for me.

Although subject to change as Greenwood definitely looks a good option.
And stones I might be tempted to switch with their opening games.
Stones might not be available in first GW. He didn't even make the bench yesterday.

Pickle85

Right, I think I'm nearly there. Currently on

Sanchez
TAA White Shaw Digne
Salah Bruno Buendia Greenwood
Nacho Toney

Foster Obafemi Ayling Raphinha

@Dirty Schwein @Sandikan @Nou_Camp99 @Andycoleno9

Alisson
TAA Shaw Amartey Ayling
Bruno Salah Mahrez Rafina
Antonio Toney

Foster White Gilmour Davis

Third forward is a no no.

Fifth defender should play so can look at fixtures when Mfers have tough one and go 532.

£1m left and could keep or update Gilmour to one of Smith~Rowe, Mbuemo, Klich, Dallas, Cantwell, Neves.

or, third cheap forward, someone average like Deeney.

Thoughts?

(Edit. Could go Ederson to cover City but Liverpool fixtures early? Swap after.

or could get a 4.0 defender and with the extra £1m, upgrade a 4.5 to Dias)

mohr

Quick question

Bachmann should be the starting GK for Watford right?
Why it seems there are a lot of players choose Foster as their GK.
Is it because he is the 4.0M GK with most probability to play? Or are there any news that I don't know about Foster to start?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
City about to sign Harry Kane chaps. Lauturo Martinez heading to Spurs.

Early wildcard looking increasingly likely.

IrishBlue1

Supports
Everton
Only picking a team for the first 3 gameweeks so not a long term team.
I think current templates will get ripped up once Lukaku, Kane, Lautaro (?) etc etc transfer and the likes of Sancho, Grealish etc come in and settle.

My team has changed a bit the past couple of days and I still have £1m in the bank so will prob change again in the next 5 days (by teatime tonight).

Not sold on Brightons keeper. They have a few injuries, sold Ben White, conceded 2 in a friendly yesterday.
Martinez may get a few clean sheets first few weeks, Villa havent conceded a goal in pre-season. Obv pre-season isnt the real thing but its a slight indication IMO.
Did have Mahrez in but Gundogan could pop up with a few goals too. Still could upgrade easy enough.

--------------------Martinez-------------
---------TAA---------Shaw----------Amartey
---Salah------Son-----Greenwood-----Jota-----Gundogan
------------Watkins-------------Toney

Bench: Foster (GK), Coufal (Def), Omobamidele (Def), Obafemi (Str)

IrishBlue1

Supports
Everton
Schmeichel
Dias Shaw White
Salah Fernandes Sancho Grealish Raphinha
Watkins Toney

That Guy, Tom, Dick and Harry
I see a lot of people picking White and I do think he will be a good option this season at that price but Arsenal have Chelsea and Man City in the first 3 weeks.
I always pick to the fixtures.
Sancho and Grealish arent guaranteed to start the season.
Leicester have half their defence out too.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
I see a lot of people picking White and I do think he will be a good option this season at that price but Arsenal have Chelsea and Man City in the first 3 weeks.
Point taken buddy!

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
@Dirty Schwein @Sandikan @Nou_Camp99 @Andycoleno9

Alisson
TAA Shaw Amartey Ayling
Bruno Salah Mahrez Rafina
Antonio Toney

Foster White Gilmour Davis

Third forward is a no no.

Fifth defender should play so can look at fixtures when Mfers have tough one and go 532.

£1m left and could keep or update Gilmour to one of Smith~Rowe, Mbuemo, Klich, Dallas, Cantwell, Neves.

or, third cheap forward, someone average like Deeney.

Thoughts?

(Edit. Could go Ederson to cover City but Liverpool fixtures early? Swap after.

or could get a 4.0 defender and with the extra £1m, upgrade a 4.5 to Dias)
Amartey is a risk. They will buy defender probably. I would avoid City defence first 6 games.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
On second thought, Arsenal has an easy first fixture and surely Sancho would start with Rash being out, no?

IrishBlue1

Supports
Everton
On second thought, Arsenal has an easy first fixture and surely Sancho would start with Rash being out, no?
Yeah im expecting an Arsenal win v Brentford. Ive even thought a lot about putting Pepe in, his recent Arsenal record has been very good, loads of goals and assists. Think he could score and assist at least.
Sancho could start, same as Grealish. I just always like to start the season with definite starters.
Im still not sure about Jota in my own team for the same reason.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Sooooo many questions left 6 days before lock.
1) Kane? He is a must have if he joins City but when he will sign?
2) Will Lukaku start in gw1?
3) Sancho and Cavani for gw1
4) Everton (Digne and Dlc). Are Everton really this shit?
5) Watkins and Ings for gw1
6) Will Leicester buy dc because Amartey is a bargain
7) Will Grealish start in gw1?

Damn, i wish that deadline is one week later.