Fantasy Premier League 21/22

NewYorkRed

I have the captaincy on Lukaku for now, but if the indication is that Ronaldo will start, you would just have to captain him. Although, just for this week, I am considering putting Auba in for Lukaku. Think Arsenal will score a ton against Norwich in what should be a thrilling early season relegation 6 pointer.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ok, so I had this conundrum after the last GW and had a week or so to think about it... I'm still none the wiser :lol:

Swapping Bruno & Ings to Ronaldo and one of:

Greenwood
+ On form, decent fixtures and plays for United.
- I feel I might have missed the boat with him. Getting him also blocks my Toney to DCL move next week.

Jota
+ Should play and the fixtures coming up are great. Plays for a very attacking team.
- Have to take a -4 to get him (Tsimikas). Rotation risk soon. Blocks my Toney to DCL move next week.

Traore
+ Great fixtures and really high xG.
- Can't hit a barn door and therefore always underperforms his xG.

Trincao
+ Great fixtures, passes the eye-test.
- Still not too familiar with him and I hear he will start getting rotated soon due to Hwang and Podence.

Gray
+ Great fixtures. Very direct, definitely has a few goals and assists in him.
- Still don't trust him, will reduce flexibility later down the line due to his low price. Don't really want to double up on Everton so it'll mean I won't get DCL next week.

Sarr
+ Good fixtures. Should be on pens. Guaranteed starter. Will be involved in most of Watford's goals.
- Think Watford are a bit shit. Haven't scored a goal since the opening game.

Torres
+ Plays for City as a number 9
- Pep roulette. Only one return in 3 games and they won't be playing the Arse every week.

As you can see, none stick out. I think Torres is out the window and I'm leaning towards Trincao, Gray or Sarr. If I didn't have Tsimikas, Jota would have been the one for sure!

Thoughts?

You're similar to me, and I'm thinking I want Ronaldo, Gray and DCL in over the next 2 weeks.

That would either be a straight DCL for Ings this week, if there's any whisper Ronaldo isn't starting, or my more likely Ronaldo & Gray in for Bruno and Ings this week (freebies)
That would give me one more week of Toney, who has an ok game, before being a good time to leap off him.
But also allow me to monitor that DCL isn't on the verge of another injury as he's still yellow flagged.

Big risk is Bruno goes apenhaller on Newcastle himself...but Ronaldo is Ronaldo for goodness sake. Imagine seeing him score and not having the fantasy footy cashback.

Torres is appealing, but I think i'll await Greenwood dropping off before doing that switchover.

Last edited:

Wayne's World

Any news on Son's injury? is he back for the weekend?

I have him but I would be willing to take him out but I haven't heard of how long he's out for, just that he missed South Korea's last match

Chief123

Admittedly, I've put Ronaldo straight in due to the emotional bias. But I have a sneaky feeling it's going to be an amazing day for Utd and for Ronaldo in fantasy footy. A brace and plenty of points to be had against Newcastle at Old Trafford with an electric atmosphere.

Chief123

I’m planning a shocker by keeping Bruno and taking out Salah + Ings for CR and Jota… will be fun
I'd argue taking out Bruno instead of Salah is a better bet. On a sidenote, I'm concerned about whether Bruno's form dip with the arrival of ronaldo. I've never really seen them both click together when playing for Portugal.

Withnail

I'd argue taking out Bruno instead of Salah is a better bet. On a sidenote, I'm concerned about whether Bruno's form dip with the arrival of ronaldo. I've never really seen them both click together when playing for Portugal.
Well clearly. Ronaldo playing regularly will lower Bruno's chances of getting points.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Admittedly, I've put Ronaldo straight in due to the emotional bias. But I have a sneaky feeling it's going to be an amazing day for Utd and for Ronaldo in fantasy footy. A brace and plenty of points to be had against Newcastle at Old Trafford with an electric atmosphere.
Me too.

It’s the main reason I am still keeping Bruno whilst also having Ronaldo in my team.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Any word on Lukaku?

Do we expect him to play against Villa?

Chief123

Well clearly. Ronaldo playing regularly will lower Bruno's chances of getting points.
I don't mean in relation to FF points. I mean in general form. I've not seen him and Ronaldo play well together yet.

Withnail

I don't mean in relation to FF points. I mean in general form. I've not seen him and Ronaldo play well together yet.
I feel much of that is down to the manager and tactics deployed, rather than due to having Ronaldo on the same pitch.

Bruno is usually asked to play deeper in midfield for Portugal, isn't he?

I didn't see the last match but it seems he played more like his United role for them in that one where he did well.

Skåre Willoch

Done tinkering, I think.

Sá (Rubbish)
TAA - Shaw - Reguilón - (Williams, Livramento)
Salah - Gray - Benrahma - Jota - (Bissouma)
DCL - Antonio - (C)ristiano Ronaldo

RedDevil@84

Made a crazy team with Lukaku - Antonio - Ronaldo and feck all defence :lol:

Talk me out of it @Dirty Schwein
Although I didnt select this, the team I initially planned with WC was

Sanchez, Guaita
TAA, Shaw, Ayling, Duffy, Amartey
Salah, Greenwood, Bissouma, Gilmour, Allan
Lukaku, Antonio, Ronaldo

I have 0.1 to spare

Ole'sgunnarwin

Keep an eye on Watford forward Emmanuel Bonaventure Dennis. Started out a 5.0 mil, now he's 5.2 mil. He's started all 3 matches up front and looks fairly useful.

ROFLUTION

Keep an eye on Watford forward Emmanuel Bonaventure Dennis. Started out a 5.0 mil, now he's 5.2 mil. He's started all 3 matches up front and looks fairly useful.
Got in Joshua King too now, so might be shifted to the wing, but could still be value - Personally don't trust Watford yet.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Although I didnt select this, the team I initially planned with WC was

Sanchez, Guaita
TAA, Shaw, Ayling, Duffy, Amartey
Salah, Greenwood, Bissouma, Gilmour, Allan
Lukaku, Antonio, Ronaldo

I have 0.1 to spare
Let me see. I could do with a laugh :lol:
I had

Sanchez

White
Ayling
Any Brentford starter

Torres
Raphina
Salah
Jota

Lukaku
Antonio
Ronaldo

Subs were Williams, Allan and livramento

^^ basically lukaku came in at a cost of really downgrading TAA, Coufal and Shaw/Reguilon.

Don't think it's worth it.

Last edited:

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Sanchez/Foster

TAA / Shaw / Reguilon / White / Coady

Jota / Torres / Son / Benrahma / Gray

Ronaldo / Jimenez / Toney

Got this at the minute but not really happy with it. But I've changed the team around 300 million times.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
I'm saving my 1 transfer this week to get 2 after the deadline. I'm still undecided whether to go for a premium forward and play 352, or 3 mid range forwards 343. If Ronnie explodes on Saturday then I simply swap Kane for him. If not, then I go 3 mid range forwards - Antonio, DCL and plus one, and bolster my weak defence which currently has Amartey and Duffy rotating for the 3rd defender spot.

saivet

While in reality it's probably not the case but going by this thread it feels like Bruno is a differential captain choice :lol:

Here's hoping he outscores Ronaldo against Newcastle

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Not sure if I’m brave enough to captain Greenwood….

Picked Ings over Salah or Bruno and worked out well, torn whether to gamble again
With Ronny and Bruno in team? Don't be crazy
Something that's gone a bit unnoticed with Greenwood is that he's started taking the inswinging left footed corners (with Shaw taking the outswingers from the other side). He's also swinging in more and more beauty's in open play with Cavani in the team. With the threat of Ronaldo and all the attention on him I wouldn't be surprised if Greenwood profits this weekend and I wouldn't talk anyone out of captaining him. I could see a goal and an assist, and subsequent bonus