Fantasy Premier League 21/22

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Ok, some early transfer planning (foolish I know)...

This week - Ronaldo & Jota > Lukaku & Mbuemo (after Champions League games)
GW10 - Greenwood > Raphinha
GW11 - Antonio > Toney
GW12 - Sarr > Son

Tbh those midfielder can go in any order but Sarr is the least likely to be benched. Keeping Jimenez over Antonio because I'm more of a fixtures guy and he has Norwich and Burnley coming up.

Paul_Scholes18

As long as you're ok with the rotation, Chilwell is the best attacking defender alongside Alonso and TAA.

I massively regret picking James ahead of him :mad:

No
I am happy if he stays on the bench with him and Cancelo either playing or not. If we judge by this week then it is not certain. James and Chilwell with the same risk.

IrishRedDevil

Removing Ronaldo, I can have this with 2 transfers.
Wildcard still intact.

————-——-Sanchez
Azpilicueta - Cancelo - Reguilon
Salah - Son - Sarr - Raphinha
———Vardy - Antonio - DCL

Livramento as bench cover.

Azpi to be changed back to Rudiger.
Reguilon being reviewed, but then again, he has earned me 34 points.

Last edited:

MUFC OK

Is there merit in doing:

Sarr/Benr (which?) > Greenwood
Ronaldo > Vardy

Starting to think that's a better combination.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Ok, some early transfer planning (foolish I know)...

This week - Ronaldo & Jota > Lukaku & Mbuemo (after Champions League games)
GW10 - Greenwood > Raphinha
GW11 - Antonio > Toney
GW12 - Sarr > Son

Tbh those midfielder can go in any order but Sarr is the least likely to be benched. Keeping Jimenez over Antonio because I'm more of a fixtures guy and he has Norwich and Burnley coming up.
That feels like a good plan. You get Son for the good run, Raphinha is great value, Toney has great fixtures etc.

Also good to ditch Sarr and Greenwood.

I have a couple of plans... Any help?

Plan 1:

GW9 - nothing
GW10 - Jimenez to Toney
GW11 - Antonio to Hwang
G12 - Foden and Lukaku to Son and Kane

Plan 2:

GW9 - James to Chilwell
GW10 - Jimenez to Toney
GW11 - Antonio to Hwang
GW12 - Foden to Son
GW13 - Lukaku to Kane

Option 1 was my plan all along but option 2 gets me Chilwell. I don't mind James but my issue is that he is always likely to come on and block bench points whereas Chilwell either plays or stays on the bench. But getting Chilwell will mean I can't have Kane against Leeds...

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
This is crazy talk, perhaps.

I'm considering benching Salah for Townsend this week.I honestly see it as being quite a sneaky move. Here's my team for reference

Ramsdale
dias cancelo livermento
mbeumo foden raph townsend
jimenez lukaku toney

bench: Salah/trent/duffy

Is it crazy talk? Makes the United win all the more important
Personally, I wouldn't.

But, I bet there were loads of people wishing they'd benched Ronaldo and Lukaku last week? And I also bet some dropped them (Kane, Vardy, Ings) and gained points/good differential.

Again, I wouldn't but if you think it's an acceptable play, do your own thing. It's only one week.

Dan_F

Such a strange game week post wildcard. It looked at one point like I was on for a big total on Saturday afternoon, but Jimenez came on and blocked Livra, Lukaku blanked, Antonio blanked and my two Arsenal players got a total of three points.

I’m already regretting not trying to find a way to fit in Vardy over Antonio on my wildcard.

Fabian Keller

Yes. He's the most in form player in the whole game/league averaging 10 points per game.
On 7 goals which is a 3rd of last years goals tally already.

I do have Matip who i'll probably bench for this but I wouldnt bench in form world class attacking players.
Everton were crap on Sunday too and sounds like DCL is out till December.
Everton have Watford though. Watford. At home. And i feel like DCL being out has been beneficial for Townsend.

Picking the Liverpool players feels like accepting defeat already. Surely (hopefully) Liveramento matches Trent this weekend.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This is crazy talk, perhaps.

I'm considering benching Salah for Townsend this week.I honestly see it as being quite a sneaky move. Here's my team for reference

Ramsdale
dias cancelo livermento
mbeumo foden raph townsend
jimenez lukaku toney

bench: Salah/trent/duffy

Is it crazy talk? Makes the United win all the more important
Less a "sneaky" move and more a "silly" move, I'm afraid.

United look a right state, Salah is in top form.
We all "hope" he doesn't score but you don't bench a 12.5m man who is the top scorer in the game under any circumstances.

Schneiderman

Everton have Watford though. Watford. At home. And i feel like DCL being out has been beneficial for Townsend.

Picking the Liverpool players feels like accepting defeat already. Surely (hopefully) Liveramento matches Trent this weekend.
Drop one of your Brentford players then. You don't really need to double up vs Leicester. Jimenez is another option. Foden might not even be sure to start depending on tonight.

Of course it could work out, but it's a massive risk. He's in the form of his life, we're rubbish, everybody has him and half will captain him.

I wouldn't personally bench Trent either but that's fair enough.

slored1

Did some tinkering and settled on a new 11:

Sanchez
Rudiger - Laporte - White
Grealish - Salah - Mbeumo - Greenwood
Ings - Lukaku (C) - Antonio

Subs: Gunn, Cash, ESR, Webster

IrishBlue1

Supports
Everton

Doucoure just been ruled out for 10 weeks with a broken foot too.

Yeah, to be honest, do whatever you feel is right. You could be right. No right or wrong answers in this game, not until by 6pm on Sunday anyway.

Last edited:

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Just listening to WGTA, 22 forwards have had more shots than Lukaku in the last 4 GWs. Still think I will captain him this week, but strikers under Tuchel have been shit.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Just listening to WGTA, 22 forwards have had more shots than Lukaku in the last 4 GWs. Still think I will captain him this week, but strikers under Tuchel have been shit.

I’ve been saying this for ages about Lukaku and been shouted down (including in here).

I’ve been holding him for 1 haul and will then sell - might sell if he blanks Norwich anyway.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I’ve been saying this for ages about Lukaku and been shouted down (including in here).

I’ve been holding him for 1 haul and will then sell - might sell if he blanks Norwich anyway.
Especially with this now from Tuchel....

Another Pep Guardiola is my idol. Is he bald? He should be.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Hmmm. Wait and see what happens tonight and tomorrow in terms of minutes.

Was doing Ronaldo & Jota to Lukaku & Mbuemo. Now tempted by Ronaldo, Jota & Williams to Toney, KDB & Chilwell.

MUFC OK

Hmmm. Wait and see what happens tonight and tomorrow in terms of minutes.

Was doing Ronaldo & Jota to Lukaku & Mbuemo. Now tempted by Ronaldo, Jota & Williams to Toney, KDB & Chilwell.
Like the ideas, reckon the first option if Lukaku rested in Europe.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I'm getting rid of Ronaldo, likely. Leaves me with £14.4m to spend and no idea who to get :lol:

Teja

Noo we can't deal with another Fraudiola. Just play your damn striker against Norwich man.

RedMist99

Was hoping Foden wasn't going to be playing in the CL tonight as it would mean hes likely to play at the weekend. He was only ever a short term gamble so I may use my free transfer this week to get him straight back out

Moby

Dick
Was hoping Foden wasn't going to be playing in the CL tonight as it would mean hes likely to play at the weekend. He was only ever a short term gamble so I may use my free transfer this week to get him straight back out
It's a dreadful line up. Surely Stones/Ake or both get another outing on the weekend now. Maybe Cancelo makes way this time.

Jesus surely starts on weekend as well now. Oh well. This is what playing the Pep Roulette is.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Don't tell me Dias is gonna be playing in CL and rested in PL. :mad:
OK, I won’t tell you.

From reading the Bald Frauds comments to BT, I think he’s prioritising this one over the weekend. Looking at the subs bench, could see a few changes for the weekend.

Jesus could be one for a start - he couldn’t play tonight as went directly to Bruges (do not pass GO, do not collect £200k offshore payments in lieu of wages).

Also maybe Stones and Gundogan and Sterling. Basically, who knows?!