Fantasy Premier League 21/22

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Was hoping I could do Saka to Havertz and Lukaku to Vardy for -4 but I'm 0.2m short. Feel to just make one change with Kane in for Lukaku instead.

The FDR shows 3 red matches coming up for Kane but I'm pretty sure he has a great record vs West Ham and Everton, followed by Leeds, Burnley, Brentford and Norwich.
Im pretty sure he had a decent record against lots of teams but still scored one so far? Issue is where he plays on the pitch and Spurs form

RedDevil@84

This is for my draft. So price is not a problem

Foden or Havertz or Townsend for this GW?

redmanc

Vardy’s a geezer I reckon. Decent, humble guy with a sense of humour.

And he’s a Fantasy Footy legend, of course.
Humble? this is the guy that scored a goal and ran to the camera shouting ALL feckING ME or whatever it was a couple of seasons back, he's anything but! Dont disagree on the geezer and sense of humour bit but its definitely gone to his head in the later stages of his premier league career.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Earlier in the week had to choose between transferring out Lukaku or Ronaldo. Chose Ronaldo. Just cost me 4 fecking points thanks to that Lukaku injury. Now watch Ronaldo score a hatrick at the weekend.. :mad:

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I just took -4 for Ronaldo to Ings so I could get KDB. I feel like I’m regretting it now.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I ended up swapping Lukaku and Greenwood for Son and Jesus for this week. Reasonably happy with that.

Fabian Keller

Want to take a hit to get in Havertz, but someone said Norwich have kept consecutive clean sheets. Thats enough to convince me.

Captaining Mbeumo.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Do I take a -4 to get Lukaku out?

Sanchez Foster
Cancelo Dias TAA Rüdiger Duffy
Salah Greenwood Raphinha Sarr Mbuemo
Antonio Lukaku Scarlett

Thinking either:
-4 Lukaku -> Vardy
-8 Lukaku -> Toney and Sarr-> Son

Or take the chance on:

Sanchez
Cancelo Dias TAA Rudiger
Antonio

saivet

Ahh forgot to transfer out Lukaku and now he's gone down £0.1m. May as well just wait for the press conferences to hear the extent of his injury and other players' fitness before making my move now.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I think I'll captain Chilwell this week. Bit of a punt but they're playing Norwich and can't see any obvious captain choices. United v Liverpool is going to be way too hard to call for me.

Withnail

Well that Lukaku injury fecked me right up.

I can get Vardy in which nearly frees up enough to bring in Son for Saka but that means downgrading ASM to someone like Hwang who's less than 6.2 and taking a -8.

ASM and Saka have been total busts foe me so I might just do it anyway.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

I can get Vardy in which nearly frees up enough to bring in Son for Saka but that means downgrading ASM to someone like Hwang who's less than 6.2 and taking a -8.

Is it worth taking the big hit? If they're going to play they'll still get you some points

Zoo

I’m captaining my new player Vardy. Can’t bring myself to captain Salah against United.

Skills

Snitch
Played my wild card - this is my team for the week:

McCarthy
TAA - Chillwell - Christiansen - White (Livramento)
Raph - Salah - Havertz - Foden (Mbueno)
Toney - Kane (Dennis)

Thoughts?

Sanchez out because his fixtures look horrible
Chillwell in for Marcal
Havetz in for Benrahma
Foden in for Jota
Mbueno in for Sarr
Kane in for Ronaldo
Dennis in for Antonio

Last edited:

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Is that how it goes with Chelsea? I thought since Chilwell was bedded in against Juve he's number 1.
No one knows mate. But Chilwell will rotate with Alonso.

Calling which Chelsea defenders play is the same as trying to decipher which City attackers will play.

There will always be rotation.

Don't try to be too clever. Just pick the best player for captain.

Someone nailed to play, in good form and against a team they can exploit.

saivet

The way people are deliberating over Chelsea defender makes me happy I chose Mendy.

Kepa is due to get a game now

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
No one knows mate. But Chilwell will rotate with Alonso.

Calling which Chelsea defenders play is the same as trying to decipher which City attackers will play.

There will always be rotation.

Don't try to be too clever. Just pick the best player for captain.

Someone nailed to play, in good form and against a team they can exploit.
Oh dear.. Youre telling me to captain Salah!

Nickosaur

I've tried to talk myself out of it, but I've come to terms with the fact that Salah is the obvious captain pick this week.

I had the armband on Lukaku most of this week, but now he's out... it has to be Salah right?

1 - his form. He's insane this season, Ballon dor stuff we're seeing right now.
2 - Liverpool's form. They (to me) look favourites for the title.
3 - United's defence. Shaky as feck. Made an injury-hit Atalanta look far more dangerous than they were.

The only doubt is that form can go out the window in these games. But I think that's just the United fan in me hoping we can get something.
edit - also if he blanks, it means there's a chance that United have done well enough not to get battered! Unless firmino scores another hattrick :nervous:

IrishBlue1

Supports
Everton
Im keeping Ronaldo this week.
But now considering Havertz in for Foden. Chelsea should still score at least 3 v Norwich. You'd think Havertz will be amongst that and get points.

Will wait till after the press conferences but will be making that move if no other injuries or anything.
Will still captain Salah.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Played my wild card - this is my team for the week:

McCarthy
TAA - Chillwell - Christiansen - White (Livramento)
Raph - Salah - Havertz - Foden (Mbueno)
Toney - Kane (Dennis)

Thoughts?

Sanchez out because his fixtures look horrible
Chillwell in for Marcal
Havetz in for Benrahma
Foden in for Jota
Mbueno in for Sarr
Kane in for Ronaldo
Dennis in for Antonio
Can you not afford to get Hwang instead of Dennis? £0.4m difference but Wolves have got much better fixtures coming up. If you need the funds maybe drop Christensen down to a nailed defender in the £4.5/4.6m range. One of the Brentford guys?

devil in me

I'm in exactly the same boat with all those exact players you mentioned. Not taking a hit though, doesn't really seen worth it. Will bench asm and move him out next week. Likewise Son can wait a couple of weeks.

Skills

Snitch
Get someone else.
Can you not afford to get Hwang instead of Dennis? £0.4m difference but Wolves have got much better fixtures coming up. If you need the funds maybe drop Christensen down to a nailed defender in the £4.5/4.6m range. One of the Brentford guys?
That's exactly what I've done. Got Hwang in now, and I still have a million in the bank. I was just trying to hold onto cash so I can make a move for Son in a few weeks - but I still think that won't be too hard to achieve now

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Do I take a -4 to get Lukaku out?

Sanchez Foster
Cancelo Dias TAA Rüdiger Duffy
Antonio Lukaku Scarlett

Thinking either:
-4 Lukaku -> Vardy
-8 Lukaku -> Toney and Sarr-> Son

Or take the chance on:

Sanchez
Cancelo Dias TAA Rudiger
Antonio
Very risky, as while that "chance" team looks excellent, you only have Duffy as fall back, and he's playing Man City.

However, you have a good chance of 10 of that lot starting I think, one of the City defenders might be rested, and Greenwood might not start, but is likely to come on.
I'd probably risk it unless it's certain Lukaku is out for 2-3 weeks, then you might as well rectify it immediately.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Weighing up whether it's worth wildcarding to jump on Brentford, bring in Havertz, double on City defence, get rid of some dud players who have somehow hung in my 15 (looking at you Harvey Barnes) and cancel the -4 I would take anyway to bring in Vardy/Kane & Toney.

The downside is that it means losing Antonio (who I'm okay losing in the medium term but could return in the next two) and White & ESR (who aren't particularly outstanding picks but are keeping my team ticking over fine as cheap filler players with decent fixtures).

I had planned to save the wildcard for when our fixtures turned in GW15/16 but that was assuming I'd want a United triple up, which seems less urgent given our current form.

Kinda hope I hear about some injury to push me into a decision.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Captaincy is difficult this week. Can't see Salah not scoring but who knows which United will turn up? Vardy could grab a brace. Ronaldo will be fired up but will we even be able to get the ball to him?

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Was £0.1m short for Kane, so went for Vardy last night. Now £0.1m short of Raphinha for Havertz (even after last night's rises) so can't make that for a hit. Foden for Havertz for a hit is a pure gamble, but one with high upside.