Fantasy Premier League 21/22

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Yeah, pencilled him and Sa out GW15. In Jim's case I wonder if it might be worth jumping on Wilson/ASM a week early to catch their home game v Norwich. Trouble is you'd want them out after GW17 as well. Just seen Leeds have got Chelsea, City, Arsenal, Liverpool Gw16-GW19 as well, eurgh.

I wonder if Salah being away at Afcon might shake up the template again. People might switch to two of Kane/Lukaku/Ronaldo up front.
Same. I'm considering swapping him for Callum Wilson ffs. Desperate times.
I would rather quit playing the game than get this fecking troll motherfecker in ever again.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Want a Chelsea wingback but it would involve selling either Rudiger (a slightly more sideways move than is ideal), Dias (with City having the best defence in the league and a long run of strong fixtures ahead) or Livramento (the standout bargain defender this season).

Hoping someone picks up an injury and makes the decision for me.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Has there been any update after last night's game? If he's definitely out I'd just bite the bullet and take a hit for Jota now. Will solve a lot of my problems.
Not really but that plus Pep roulette is enough for me to have cold feet. Probably be burnt but at least I don't have to worry about getting 11 out this week.

Moby

Dick
Want a Chelsea wingback but it would involve selling either Rudiger (a slightly more sideways move than is ideal), Dias (with City having the best defence in the league and a long run of strong fixtures ahead) or Livramento (the standout bargain defender this season).

Hoping someone picks up an injury and makes the decision for me.
Chelsea wingback over Dias is a no brainer especially now that Alonso has no competition. They are playing like shadow strikers, expected hit double digits every week. In fact I think Dias has been benched more than someone like Chilwell since the GW8 run. Even if Alonso misses the odd game he will cover up more than the max 6 points Dias can give in other GWs.

I was thinking about Reguillon vs Alonso, especially as Spurs also have good fixtures, but that is mainly to fund Raph to Jota. But even in that case I can't really look past Alonso. He was brilliant already this season before Chilwell got in and we all know how potent he is in attack, probably more than Chilwell in terms of shooting, and also takes set pieces. James and Alonso would be cheat codes if they keep playing like they have so far.

Moby

Dick
Not really but that plus Pep roulette is enough for me to have cold feet. Probably be burnt but at least I don't have to worry about getting 11 out this week.
Ok, thanks. I'll wait for the presser then. I have no worries about rotation, if Foden is fit he plays especially now with KDB, Grealish and Torres injured. He might miss 1 game in 6 which you have to absorb for the potential upside. In the coming run I wanted both Jota and Foden, but seems like I'll miss a lot of Jota games before he gets in. And he's someone who always scores when he's not in my team and starts missing from 2 yards once I get him, the absolute troll.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
So many fires to put out. My next transfer was meant to be Mbuemo to Gallagher but that has moved 6 transfers down :lol:

Moby

Dick
Yes, but Foden is nailed on to start; Jota, you never know with Klopp. He'll randomly throw in Firmino and you're fecked. :lol:
He should be fine till the end of AFCON. He might miss a game when the fixtures are hectic but overall should play enough minutes. Even when everyone is fit he always at least gets 30 mins. Minutes is never an issue with him.

Moby

Dick
Think it is a really defining phase of the season right now, heading into the fixture rush. It's been rather easy so far with the template working for most part and most players picking themselves. Now it becomes interesting, quite a few good differentials have cropped up. Gotta be patient and resist all the temptations!

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Take a mega hit to sort your team out… you know you wanna.
Like telling yourself you're gonna be clean the rest of the year and going on a bender the next day. :lol:
This is so accurate :lol:

I have been sober since GW3. No hits taken. But I think I may fall off the wagon next week for Alonso.

Moby

Dick
I have been sober since GW3. No hits taken. But I think I may fall off the wagon next week for Alonso.
:lol: Same here, I decided not to get goaded into taking hits this seasons and generally it has worked out well.

Fortunately Chelsea play United this week so I'm not in a rush to get Alonso for a hit. But I think we can indulge every once in a while, when it feels like the move is obvious and points will be covered in coming weeks. If Foden is surely out I will take a hit for Jota this GW, and then get Alonso on a FT after the deadline.

Good thing about crammed up schedule is less price changes between deadlines, so can be patient.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
what's the priority order on this lot to remove then

Chilwell, Townsend, Foden, Raphinha

And who to bring in
James and Smith Rowe the first two.

But Smith Rowe is ideally needed this week, and perhaps Chilwell to James could wait until after our game?As then bringing SR in away at United doesn't scream genius.

Dan_F

fecking hell Gallagher is going up again isn’t he. I can’t believe I went for Mbeumo over him on my wildcard, by the time Raph’s fixtures turn they’ll probably be the same price. Part of me thinks I should just take a -4 to switch out Mbeumo for him now, but knowing my luck Mbeumo will stop hitting the post.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
What was Gallagher originally ? Price rises have been crazy.

paulscholes18

what's the priority order on this lot to remove then

Chilwell, Townsend, Foden, Raphinha

And who to bring in
James and Smith Rowe the first two.

But Smith Rowe is ideally needed this week, and perhaps Chilwell to James could wait until after our game?As then bringing SR in away at United doesn't scream genius.
I have done Chilwell to James, Jame looking like he's getting another price rise tonight.

Townsend - Gallagher or Fodan to Jota, Jota I think is set for a long run, as I think by the time Firmino is fit Salah and Mane will be getting ready for the ACON

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I have done Chilwell to James, Jame looking like he's getting another price rise tonight.

Townsend - Gallagher or Fodan to Jota, Jota I think is set for a long run, as I think by the time Firmino is fit Salah and Mane will be getting ready for the ACON
Did Chilwell to James too.

I would love Jota or Gallagher but if I want Alonso, I can't have them :(

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Guaita
Cancelo—Livremento—TAA—James
Salah—Gallagher—Smith Rowe—Benrahma
Kane—Toney

subs: Gunn, Hwang, Mbeumo, White

2.1m in bank

swapped out ronaldo for Kane this week. Big gamble I feel

Moby

Dick
Anyone wanna help in deciding Alonso vs Reguillon?

Alonso: In a far better team, best defense, would be highly attacking and already had a good run with 1G, 1A, 4CS in 5 games. But with him I can't move directly from Raph to Jota and would need an additional downgrade of Hwang to Broja. Also double chelsea defense with already having James, so a bit risky.

Reguillon: In a less stable, worse team but still playing a good attacking role. Maybe lesser ceiling than Alonso but should be ok points wise. 0.5 cheaper and allows me to go directly from Raph to Jota without any other move.

This is for next GW when Chelsea have Watford away while Spurs playing Brentford at home. I'm heavily leaning towards Alonso. You need to have a CS value from a premium defender and Spurs defense is a bit shit, so I'm not really keen on taking Reggie only for his attacking output. Only attraction is price.

Currently have this:

Ramsdale, Foster
TAA, Cancelo, James, Chilwell, Livra
Salah, Foden, Raphinha, Gallagher, Brownhill
Antonio, Hwang, Kane

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Good, James didn't go upso didn't miss it.
Antonio went down though unfortunately but there's bank in him anyway.

Chilwell to James looks obvious. But with White and Duffy having great fixtures, it might be worth sorting Townsend out instead with Smith Rowe. And then doing James straight after deadline as next games are so close.
Alternative is simply to bench Townsend and play 4 at the back. Might do that.

Depends on Foden playing really. If he's out might be worth a -4 especially if Raph is still ill.

Moby

Dick
Depends on Foden playing really. If he's out might be worth a -4 especially if Raph is still ill.
This for me as well. I think Raph should be ok, but will come down to the pressers. If there's any doubt on Foden that should get Jota in, but even he was flagged so gotta wait for all the pressers!

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I think if Foden is doubtful I will take a second hit of the season to move him out for Gallagher and Duffy out for Alonso.

When your team is otherwise in good shape, taking hits only really feels worthwhile to react to unexpected opportunities.

Last edited:

Dan_F

I can’t see us getting any clear indication on Foden and Raph in the pressers. But I reckon at least one will play.

This game is so unpredictable. I bought in James last night because he looked more likely to go up than Jota…guess what happened.

I’m toying up with the idea of getting rid of Foden for Jota, despite the easier fixtures coming up for City. Surely Pep is going to ramp up the rotation now and I swore I wanted no part of that this year.

Moby

Dick
I’m toying up with the idea of getting rid of Foden for Jota, despite the easier fixtures coming up for City. Surely Pep is going to ramp up the rotation now and I swore I wanted no part of that this year.
Who is he going to rotate with? They had to play Cole Palmer or something last game. At least until Grealist, KDB, Torres are out Foden when fit will play. Hope he is asked about that, if there is no indication I'll keep him.

Dan_F

Who is he going to rotate with? They had to play Cole Palmer or something last game. At least until Grealist, KDB, Torres are out Foden when fit will play. Hope he is asked about that, if there is no indication I'll keep him.
True. I think I’m trying to justify getting rid to bring in Jota. I rushed it last night getting James over Alonso, meaning I can’t do Raph to Jota anymore.

daveoliver91

Anyone starting to consider Sancho on the long term? Might be a good option and cheaper than Rashford..

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I've got half an eye on Duffy and White having decent home fixtures too.

It's one of those weekends you might not mind playing 4 or 5 defenders.

Townsend hasn't done anything for weeks now, so might be worth a benching over one of those 2, or it might pan out one of Foden or Raph doesn't play letting one of them in anyway.
Antonio has a dreadful fixture, away at City, and has scored 1 in 5 or 6. But you just know if you bench him he'll onion bag out of the blue.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Anyone starting to consider Sancho on the long term? Might be a good option and cheaper than Rashford..
I'm casting a look at Shaw at 5.2, but I think United is a definite wait and see.
Ronaldo in when they play Norwich in a few weeks, giving Kane the Burnley/Brentford/Norwich run, and then see if Sancho looks to be a good option in the new system.

Moby

Dick
True. I think I’m trying to justify getting rid to bring in Jota. I rushed it last night getting James over Alonso, meaning I can’t do Raph to Jota anymore.
I would have probably gotten Jota first, he has at home to Soton and has some killer fixtures coming up. I'm also in the same boat as yours, I want to have both but if there is any doubt regarding Foden, I can jump on Jota.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Price changes got me AGAIN…

Made out James and TAA were going up last night so I pulled the trigger - now they’re both back on 96% ffs.

It has got me on this SO many times this season.

Also sold Foden so watch him go mental against West Ham now.

Dan_F

I would have probably gotten Jota first, he has at home to Soton and has some killer fixtures coming up. I'm also in the same boat as yours, I want to have both but if there is any doubt regarding Foden, I can jump on Jota.
Depending on the doubt over Jota too :lol:

This week is being to feel like it’s not worth doing major surgery. There’s too many doubts. I might just leave it at James and hope that there’s something to make this decision easier next week.

Moby

Dick

This week is being to feel like it’s not worth doing major surgery. There’s too many doubts. I might just leave it at James and hope that there’s something to make this decision easier next week.
Yeah, this sounds one of those weeks where you jump on someone because of price change or a knee jerk reaction but then end up losing rank because of it. I kinda feel uneasy about jumping early from Mbeumo to Gallagher, even though I feel Gallagher is in good form, in a good attacking team, no europe and also nailed, so should be good in long term.

Will definitely roll on to next GW if there isnt a solid reason to make the move. I'm kinda hoping Pep says Foden is out, that will make everything much more easy.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Definitely a week where the bench will be essential.

Although the obvious sod's law is ending up playing 5 defenders for once, and Arsenal and Brighton both conceding 2mins in killing what would no doubt have been a 10 point bench haul if they didn't make the 11!