Fantasy Premier League 21/22

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Son bent me over and pulled my trousers down this season

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Captained Son late on over KdB, thank feck!

Without bonuses, will be on for 80pts - work league won :drool:

Moby

Dick
Toney blank as expected. Was such an obvious trap. Still did the move as a last reminder on staying away from such traps next time out.

Honestly glad the season is over. Did fine for most part but the whole postponement and DGWs was crazy to track. Hopefully get back to a normal one next time... Checks notes and there's a fecking world cup in the middle. :mad:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We could be 7th.

Leeds could escape.

Bromley playing well.

This could be a monumentally shite day.
Turned out brilliantly.

The key was me turning over to the Liverpool game when City went 2-0 down. That brought 3 goals on for City :D

Don't care about Leeds, glad to see Burnley out at last.

United 6th in the end, no thanks to us!

And I've gone through my work league and I think, i've inched it as tight as below for 6th

me 2413
7th 2412
8th 2411

Worried i've missed something that tweaks those, or the bonuses change!!

Kulu 3, James 2, Rudiger 3, Kane 1.
How Son got jack all for 2 goals I don't know though.

The guy in 7th got a jammy 9 pointer for Robertson off the bench too, a week after 15points on the bench!
Insanely captained Bowen though.

Zen

2532.... that's a new score PB and 2500 pushed through, the target this year, in the first I took it reasonably seriously all year - money does that to you :lol:

Doesn't look like I have a higher rank than the Suarez season though, not sure how I fluked like top 60k that year. 66k this year. I know I was early on Suarez, but still, I don't recall taking it all that serious.

Varun

Staff
Finished 22k. Good season but disappointed at the drop off after being 8k with not a lot to go.

Paul_Scholes18

90 points. Finally a good week. I say most things went my way for once.

Son(C), Kane, Kulu was perfect. Zaha scored, but we got 6th so I take that despite the loss. Saka and James assists.
Then Robertson goal. Matip even got one assist, but I was still down on buying him.

If I had any regrets it is not doing Mount to Maddison and just leaving it at that. I did think Mount might start, but we had leaks for Leicester sayinng Maddison would.

Leonzo1

Top of my 2 miny leagues
Won the cup of my local Fpl podcast (7,000 players)
45k overall

disappointing not to beat my record finish of 25k but ill take it. see you next season!

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Just outside top 200k. Best finish in years, last 4GWs really swung me away from the 100k, despite having above average scores was constant red arrows :lol:

Paul_Scholes18

So to analyse the season.

Who has been your best pick? Probably Salah, Cancelo or TAA early this season.
Worst pick? Ramsdale or Mbeumo.
Biggest troll? Son or James.
Most unexpected hero? Bowen

paulscholes18

Before the start of this GW there was someone who was ranked 420k who didn't make a single transfer all season :lol: , if I didn't I would have been 3 mil

Moby

Dick
So to analyse the season.

Who has been your best pick? Probably Salah, Cancelo or TAA early this season.
Worst pick? Ramsdale or Mbeumo.
Biggest troll? Son or James.
Most unexpected hero? Bowen
Salah easily although he was also the downfall later on but overall still got me most points with a 87 TC score.

Antonio easily the worst.

Alonso probably the one that trolled me the most.

Think Kulu did really well for me right till the end.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Weren't you like under 5k or something for a good while?
Nope, not me. Highest was 50k very early on in the season, only last a GW or 2. Stuck around 120k for ages until the last few weeks were I kept slipping back 20-30k each round.

Paul_Scholes18

Salah easily although he was also the downfall later on but overall still got me most points with a 87 TC score.

Antonio easily the worst.

Alonso probably the one that trolled me the most.

Think Kulu did really well for me right till the end.
Kulu would have been a bigger hero if he had not assisted Son so much when I did not have Son.

Antonio started well for me at least. Mbeumo never had a return and Ramsdale has barely kept any clean sheets in my side.

Moby

Dick
Nope, not me. Highest was 50k very early on in the season, only last a GW or 2. Stuck around 120k for ages until the last few weeks were I kept slipping back 20-30k each round.
Hmm must be someone else.

Same story as you. I was around 150k for most of the season and kept aiming for top 100k but last 3-4 GWs was basically fatal. :lol:

Moby

Dick
Kule would have been a bigger hero if he had not assisted Son so much when I did not have Son.

Antonio started well for me at least. Mbeumo never had a return and Ramsdale has barely kept any clean sheets in my side.
I got Ramsdale very early and he was awesome for me for a long time. I had Antonio from the start and still keeping him for as long as I did was by far the worst thing in the season. Not that there maybe better fwds knocking about but it still took a starting place in the team and decent money as well. He was a 3 game wonder this season and a lot of us had him for like half the season. :lol:

RedDevil@84

92 points in my draft. With 90 points in last week and this, I made a late late scare on the 2nd spot guy who was comfortably ahead. I have been 3rd for 18 weeks and now only 17 pts separate us.
Though it is almost impossible for me to beat his Kane, KDB, Mane, Cancelo combination, it was fun to give him a late scare.
Damn, the bugger kept his 2nd spot by 3 pts. Else it would have been an awesome comeback.

Zen

I don't know all the tricks. Nice one!

Edit: but seriously what takes them so long?
I kind of don't get this either. How come like Yahoo/ESPN can do their Fantasy Leagues(while covering all 4 North American sports, but mostly NFL) in real time... yet FPL needs reasonably breaks. They should be at a point where you can make your transfers at 3:59 on a day like today for instance.... and if you want to do a -4 or hold a transfer for a later kick off, then why not?

Management rotation dictates so much of this.

Moby

Dick
I kind of don't get this either. How come like Yahoo/ESPN can do their Fantasy Leagues(while covering all 4 North American sports, but mostly NFL) in real time... yet FPL needs reasonably breaks. They should be at a point where you can make your transfers at 3:59 on a day like today for instance.... and if you want to do a -4 or hold a transfer for a later kick off, then why not?

Management rotation dictates so much of this.
FPL is very basic, I don't think it is supported by any half decent tech company for it's implementation. A lot of american fantasy sports are directly linked to bigger organisations who manage it much better.

Totally agree for making transfers based on different KO times. Was thinking about the same. This one deadline thing is pretty outdated. The whole point is I should not know the team before getting a player, so if Liverpool and Arsenal are playing on a Monday, I should be able to add a transfer to bring one of those players as long as I don't remove the ones that have already played.

There's a bunch of stuff they can improve, I think it is only this season it feels they are getting a decent tech team to manage this app (which still crashed before deadline once :lol:) but yeah, this thing runs like it's the 90s.

Dan_F

Think I’ve just snuck 2500 points for the year, which is easy my best, although it’s not a good indicator.

I finished on 2350ish for the last two seasons. 2020 that was top 20k, last year it was 170k.

I’ll wait to see where I’ve finished, but I’m hoping I might have got top 100k, which I’d have snapped your hands off in week 6 when I was in the absolute doldrums of a 6 million rank.

Edit. 4 points off 100k.

Zen

FPL is very basic, I don't think it is supported by any half decent tech company for it's implementation. A lot of american fantasy sports are directly linked to bigger organisations who manage it much better.

Totally agree for making transfers based on different KO times. Was thinking about the same. This one deadline thing is pretty outdated. The whole point is I should not know the team before getting a player, so if Liverpool and Arsenal are playing on a Monday, I should be able to add a transfer to bring one of those players as long as I don't remove the ones that have already played.

There's a bunch of stuff they can improve, I think it is only this season it feels they are getting a decent tech team to manage this app (which still crashed before deadline once :lol:) but yeah, this thing runs like it's the 90s.
Absolutely, I get the tech is reasonably dated, but with 9 million users.... shame it's not getting bigger tech involved, especially given the massive surge in tech in the actual Premier League with the clubs etc.

I get from their PoV it's equal for all, but it's absolutely not. If you ain't clued to team news in the prior 2 hours to kick offs, you have no idea say Richalison today - ain't starting, whereas I get alerted elsewhere "Tom Brady isn't starting, make a change before it's too late".... there'd be the further interest in whether you are still willing to drop Salah for a -4 hit unaware he's gonna come on later and bang 2 in.

Jacko21

2.5k last season. 125k this.

Just could not get into a groove at all. Bounced between 25-50k from GW 4-26 then was just in free fall thereafter. Lots of marginal calls went the wrong way.