Fantasy Premier League 21/22

IrishRedDevil

Who the feck wants to spend all weekend before games making changes?

It’s bad enough having one deadline to focus on.

It’s a FREE game that is enjoyed by masses.

Stop overthinking it and trying to turn it into some nerd thing that requires even more screen time.

Zen

Stop overthinking it and trying to turn it into some nerd thing that requires even more screen time.
It'd need less time actually. Well depending on you view it I guess. I also compared it to... free games, that are enjoyed by the masses.

Moby

Dick

You can still make all your changes at one time like you do now so that you can get back to your imaginary busy life where you haven't made thousands of posts on an online forum

Moby

Dick
This site has come leaps and bounds past few months. Hope they made some money from it.

I used FPL Optimized to check my season summary and not for one single fecking gameweek did my team not underperform what was expected of them. :lol: I know being lucky is a big part of the game but I could've been lucky for like ONE fecking GW, but no. :lol:

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
I used FPL Optimized to check my season summary and not for one single fecking gameweek did my team not underperform what was expected of them. :lol: I know being lucky is a big part of the game but I could've been lucky for like ONE fecking GW, but no. :lol:
Takes skill that does.

Law of averages says you'd do it one week but no....

#consistent :)

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
So I finished 35k. Not amazing considering i was higher last year but not awful considering I had a horrible few weeks up until GW37, where I started clawing the OR back.

ooeat0meoo

Member of the Muppet Empire
My Happy Place - So Don't Be fecking With Me!
This site has come leaps and bounds past few months. Hope they made some money from it.

That sounds exactly like the first 3/4 of my season.

As far as LiveFPL, it is a great tool but during high volume times, the site kept crashing. It crashed, today, towards the end of the gameday for about a half hour.

ooeat0meoo

Member of the Muppet Empire
My Happy Place - So Don't Be fecking With Me!
So I finished 35k. Not amazing considering i was higher last year but not awful considering I had a horrible few weeks up until GW37, where I started clawing the OR back.
I stop playing FPL ten years ago, and everyone here at the Caf has risen to expert level, since then. How the hell did that happen?

Finished 197 in the Caf League.

Moby

Dick
That sounds exactly like the first 3/4 of my season.

As far as LiveFPL, it is a great tool but during high volume times, the site kept crashing. It crashed, today, towards the end of the gameday for about a half hour.
Yeah, it gained a lot of users very quickly as they've added a bunch of new features as well. They'll need to work on handling larger volumes.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I stop playing FPL ten years ago, and everyone here at the Caf has risen to expert level, since then. How the hell did that happen?

Finished 197 in the Caf League.
Nah mate we're all shit apart from the few that roll in end of season with "got top 3k this year" :mad:

Paul_Scholes18

Nah mate we're all shit apart from the few that roll in end of season with "got top 3k this year" :mad:
I got 1.1k rank last year and 180k this year. Have I got worse? Worse luck?

Or possibly not been able to cope with the doubles well?

It is funny that two decisions cost me over a 100 point and it was picking the wrong Man United player.
I feel I should be good at that for watching all our games.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I got 1.1k rank last year and 180k this year. Have I got worse? Worse luck?

Or possibly not been able to cope with the doubles well?

It is funny that two decisions cost me over a 100 point and it was picking the wrong Man United player.
I feel I should be good at that for watching all our games.
Wow 1.1k is great!!

My highest, which was last year was like 20k.

Paul_Scholes18

Wow 1.1k is great!!

My highest, which was last year was like 20k.
Yeah you seem more consistent. My wildcards worked so well last year and was a disaster this year.

Clearly my weakness is using wildcards too early and not have patience if I have too many players I want to change.

My strenght is probably that I do not stick with starting players I have little faith in, but rather take a hit. Although for some reason I still had faith in Antonio far too long due to the fixture swing
that did happen when Covid fecked us. I also kept Broja for a long time, but that was more due to the lack of cheap strikers.

Next season I guess we need to wildcard after the world cup cause there can be injuries and stuff going on.

Paul_Scholes18

I lost quite a lot from Maddison. Expected points 7 and he got 25 last week.

I got away with Ings being poor though.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Yeah you seem more consistent. My wildcards worked so well last year and was a disaster this year.

Clearly my weakness is using wildcards too early and not have patience if I have too many players I want to change.

My strenght is probably that I do not stick with starting players I have little faith in, but rather take a hit. Although for some reason I still had faith in Antonio far too long due to the fixture swing
that did happen when Covid fecked us. I also kept Broja for a long time, but that was more due to the lack of cheap strikers.

Next season I guess we need to wildcard after the world cup cause there can be injuries and stuff going on.
If I didn't chase doubles this year, it could have been so different. That was the cause of my downfall.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Was gonna say that after this season's postponements, surprise chips and so on next year will hopefully be more normal. But maybe the World Cup will screw around with the schedule too?

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
80 points this week.

2104 total points, I missed the first few gameweeks.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You can still make all your changes at one time like you do now so that you can get back to your imaginary busy life where you haven't made thousands of posts on an online forum
Steady Steady, we've all had a cup of tea

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Just awaiting the "I've not posted all year and come top 300" type stuff.

Skåre Willoch

Finally this season is done and dusted.

After hovering around 25k in december before the whole covid roulette started, I dropped down to 282k by gw30.
With BB and FH in hand, I managed to climb from 193k in gw36 to just inside top 100k.

Final rank: 94 963
RedCafe: 56
RedCafe 2k21/22: 53

Far away from where I wanted to be, but I can't complain to much really. 5 digits and most points in a season.
Covid killed my motivation/investment before the half way mark, here's to hoping next season will be normal with no monkeypox delays.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Just realised I sneaked into RedCafe top 20 at 19. Hoping to break the top 15 next year. Some good players in there... Why the feck aren't they in this thread giving us advice :lol:

But I hope they change the game up a bit next year...

Like maybe replace the BB with something better?

And the pricing can be better for sure.

Salah for example should be a £13m striker... Then we will have less templates.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Just realised I sneaked into RedCafe top 20 at 19. Hoping to break the top 15 next year. Some good players in there... Why the feck aren't they in this thread giving us advice :lol:

But I hope they change the game up a bit next year...

Like maybe replace the BB with something better?

And the pricing can be better for sure.

Salah for example should be a £13m striker... Then we will have less templates.
I bet he won't be. Mane and Jota might well be though. Son should be as well.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I won £250 from my 2 cash mini leagues (1st in one 2nd in another) but one of my worst seasons really. Had some proper shit luck at times (Havertzgate etc..) and towards the end I was just spamming differentials which very nearly paid off in the one I finished 2nd in.

Like I said yesterday was mental in that league. Started the day 1 point behind and finished 2 points behind. At half time in the games I was 20+ points up.

My team was (I've subbed in the ones who came off the bench)

Pickford
Cash Cancelo James
Mane Kulu Barnes Saka
Kane (c) Jesus Vardy

His was

Schmeichel
Cancelo TAA Robertson
Son (c) Saka Kulu Maddison Gordon
Kane Toney

so you can work out how swingy it was all afternoon. At the end we were waiting on bonus points to decide the outcome. Effectively that Robertson goal won it for him but even stuff like Chelsea losing the clean sheet late contributed was a killer. I think that happened and then 2 minutes later James got an assist (and 2 bps). On our chat group he was frantically trying to work who had snagged it as the live fpl sites kept crashing. :lol:

If I'd have gone for Son and Nketiah (over Vardy and Barnes) I'd have had 2 more points but still think i'd have lost on total transfers unless I did captain Son but was pretty adamant I was going Kane to be different as I was 99% sure Liverpool would keep a clean sheet. Was gobsmacked when they conceded in under 5 mins.

Edit: He had Cedric on his bench as well (14 points) which got blocked when Gordon came on with 20 mins to go. I had fun with that one.

IrishBlue1

Supports
Everton
Won £600 from 4 cash mini-leagues. My best season for money won.
I would have romped home in them if not for some dodgy captain decisions along the way, I captained Havertz that weekend that Salah scored 3 v Man Utd. The weekend of 23/24th October.
Chelsea won 7-0 v Norwich the same weekend but Havertz didnt get a goal or assist playing up front.

Then the rest of the season I was too scared to not captain Salah even when his form dipped post AFCON.
A couple of other dodgy decisions when I was over-thinking/listening to Twitter too much.

Crazy season though for COVID postponements around Christmas and New Year when matches were getting called off when teams had injuries + some COVID.
Crazy amount of double gameweeks.
Fantasy Football is really great though. Its the only reason I watch most football matches.

I thought I lost one of my money leagues at the death yesterday. I took 1st in the final 2 weeks. My opponent in 2nd did a -12 yesterday. Madness. It won me that league.

Moby

Dick
Remember being excited at getting a 5.5 midfielder playing as a striker in a free flowing counter attacking team like Brentford who was gonna score braces every week after coming so close by hitting the woodwork recently. And then how after a couple of weeks it started to dawn upon the kind of fraud we had been pulled into. :lol:

Mcking

Finished 116k. Was a very frustrating season as I tried so hard to enter the top 100k, but it didn't work out at the end. My peak was 97k in GW9.

I finished 27 of the last 35 gameweeks between 101k and 199k, only entering the top 100k once. Kept having average GWs after average GWs.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
214k for me. Season went downhill once I didn't get Son

Mcking

So to analyse the season.

Who has been your best pick? Probably Salah, Cancelo or TAA early this season.
Worst pick? Ramsdale or Mbeumo.
Biggest troll? Son or James.
Most unexpected hero? Bowen
Plenty of options for me. Sa, Laporte, Robertson, Bowen, Son, Kane. Got all six at good times and held them long enough.

I would say my most unsung heroes was Rudiger. Got Maddison at the right time too. TAA was the only player I picked on my GW1 team that was in my GW38 team too. Had him every gameweek.

For my chips, I played my bench boost in the GW Salah went big, and it wasn't very pleasant. Robertson delivered on triple captain though. Big disappointment in the end was my triple Liverpool defence from GW36. Returned 0 clean sheets in four games.

I'd have my TOTS as

Sa, TAA, Cancelo, Rudiger, Laporte, Robertson, Salah, Son, Bowen, Maddison, Kane

Best picks: Bowen, Son
Worst pick: Allison, Mbeumo
Troll: Zaha, James

Mcking

Very early prediction for next season prices?

Could see Son elevated to 12.0m. He has been doing it every season since he came to the Premier League. Inevitable price rises for the likes of Maddison and Bowen which will be painful.