Fantasy Premier League 22/23

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
Odegaard will be better for minutes with Europe back but Martinelli is the more exciting player and more likely to get constant returns.
Interesting, they're more inclined to bench Martinelli I gather?

I suppose the other thing is Odegaard might be rested after his international break exertions while Martinelli's just had a holiday. Blergh, too many thoughts.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Interesting, they're more inclined to bench Martinelli I gather?

I suppose the other thing is Odegaard might be rested after his international break exertions while Martinelli's just had a holiday. Blergh, too many thoughts.
Odegaard is the captain so will get minutes. Martinelli will eventually share with Smith-Rowe.

Melbourne Red

Supports
Liverpool
Odegaard is the captain so will get minutes. Martinelli will eventually share with Smith-Rowe.
Hmm, I've looked into Smith-Rowe's injury situation, it sounds like they're concerned. I think I'm going to stick with Martinelli, but thanks for the debrief

saivet

Current wildcard draft.

Martinez
Trippier, Cancelo, James
Maddison, Zaha, KdB, Gordon
Toney, Haaland, Mitrovic​

Subs: Sanchez, Andreas, Saliba, Dalot

Obvious focus on fixtures before the World Cup. I did this draft at the start of the international break and not thought or looked at it since so open to plenty of changes.

ROFLUTION

Current wildcard draft.

Martinez
Trippier, Cancelo, James
Maddison, Zaha, KdB, Gordon
Toney, Haaland, Mitrovic​

Subs: Sanchez, Andreas, Saliba, Dalot

Obvious focus on fixtures before the World Cup. I did this draft at the start of the international break and not thought or looked at it since so open to plenty of changes.
Gordon = 4 bad fixtures coming up. (Soton good at home). Not many great choices in defence but Saliba has semi-bad fixtures too

somehow you want to have width though as city+arse blanks in gw12. Id prepare for that with placeholders for Trent+Diaz as thats when Liverpools fixtures start to swing too. By then you might want to own city and liverpool players. So maybe have Maddison+Save some cash to go to Luis Diaz by then.

RedDevil@84

People on WC, are Salah and TAA retained or shifted? I haven't taken them out. But having second thoughts. Also retained Cancelo and James.
Should I use Salah money to get Kane? Or move to KDB? Or not do anything :D

Melbourne Red

Supports
Liverpool
People on WC, are Salah and TAA retained or shifted? I haven't taken them out. But having second thoughts. Also retained Cancelo and James.
Should I use Salah money to get Kane? Or move to KDB? Or not do anything :D
Spurs have some tough fixtures coming up but I'm keeping Kane. Think he's on for a 200+ season, plus even if he's shit he'll take a penalty or something.

Probably not the best time to buy KdB as City have a blank coming up in Week 12 and they're playing Liverpool and United in their next few matches.

RedDevil@84

Spurs have some tough fixtures coming up but I'm keeping Kane. Think he's on for a 200+ season, plus even if he's shit he'll take a penalty or something.

Probably not the best time to buy KdB as City have a blank coming up in Week 12 and they're playing Liverpool and United in their next few matches.
But I dont have Kane and going to threemium of Salah, Kane and Haaland is pretty much shaking up rest of the team.

Dan_F

Struggling to decide on Salah. Found a way to work in Kane, Salah and Haaland, but I’m not convinced by it. Means starting two of Dalot, Fofana, Gros or Andreas each week.

Could just keep Diaz instead, but despite it feeling like he’s doing well, the points total isn’t very impressive. I’m sure if I was doing this before the international break, Salah would be gone for sure. Just feels wrong now.

Melbourne Red

Supports
Liverpool
Salah has been so anonymous and out of sorts I'm not trusting him until I see him actually play well. He's been like the goal + assists version of Pipo Inzaghi. Barely making an impact on the game until he suddenly pops up a goal contribution and FPL points.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
That City/Arsenal blank is a pain in the ass. Fixtures after that are good for both teams. Feels too late to be playing the wildcard.
I think you are in a strong position if you still have your wildcard (provided happy with team as is), you have a few game weeks to get rid of city and arse players then bring them all back in for 13 including Liverpool players as their fixtures turn too.

Even if you have 5 City/Arse players you can bench 2 and transfer 3 out before 12 then wildcard them back in gw 13.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Anyone got the armband on Håaland against us?

Skills

Snitch
Pope
Trippier TAA James
Salah Gordon Maddison Martinelli
Toney Haaland Mitrovic

Fofana Dalot Perreira

Any thoughts on this? 0.2m itb.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Salah has been so anonymous and out of sorts I'm not trusting him until I see him actually play well. He's been like the goal + assists version of Pipo Inzaghi. Barely making an impact on the game until he suddenly pops up a goal contribution and FPL points.
Yet he is only 7 points away from the top MF player in KDB who had been bang in form... Which only shows that once Liverpool click, and they will, there will be a rush to get him back in.

keno555

Supports
Real Madrid
In GW8 I put (C) on Isak, and I got 87 points. I also had Son and Saliba on my team. In GW9 I bought Maddison for Bernardo Silva and use my free transfer. Then, Isak got injured and I bought Solanke for Isak and I am -4 at the moment.

I am thinking put Maddison (C) in GW9, I have good felling about that. Also thought that Solanke could score against Brentford.

Can someone give me a code for the league?

Great community. Good luck to everyone in GW9. ☺

Reactions: Rood

Moby

Dick
Yet he is only 7 points away from the top MF player in KDB who had been bang in form... Which only shows that once Liverpool click, and they will, there will be a rush to get him back in.
Most of us have KDB so it's an easy switch to him but I don't mind waiting for them to actually show good form before jumping. Having a 13m guy in the team blanking isn't great and missing out on that isn't the worst thing especially as he's not gonna be captained anymore.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I'm gonna go for Salah. I know Haaland would love to score against us as well but Martinez has done well against him before hasn't he.

He'll probably score a hat trick now and this will be a re-run of Havertzgate from last season.

Raya
James Cancelo TAA Trippier
Bailey Salah (c) Martinelli
Jesus Haaland (vc) Toney

Subs: Gordon, Andreas, Saliba

Last edited:

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I'm gonna go for Salah. I know Haaland would love to score against us as well but Martinez has done well against him before hasn't he.

He'll probably score a hat trick now and this will be a re-run of Havertzgate from last season.
Gotta play the percentage move.

Deery

Dreary
Decided to play it safe 5 defenders two midfielders and 3 premium strikers..

Paul_Scholes18

Thought on Solanke? He is rated after his good championship season. I think he is nailed and good fixtures. Problem is Bournemouth is the team I expect to score the least amount of goals. Pukki though did well last year for cheap cost in the worst team in the league. Dennis, Toney and Pukki all top 10 forwards last year for points and Mitro doing well. Championship forwards seems to be the way, but I do not trust these sides to win games.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Thought on Solanke? He is rated after his good championship season. I think he is nailed and good fixtures. Problem is Bournemouth is the team I expect to score the least amount of goals. Pukki though did well last year for cheap cost in the worst team in the league. Dennis, Toney and Pukki all top 10 forwards last year for points and Mitro doing well. Championship forwards seems to be the way, but I do not trust these sides to win games.
As long as you're ok with him getting a few goals here and there and accept that he is an enabler... That's fine.

I'm avoiding as I think there's value in Toney and Mitro.

RedDevil@84

Keep or drop Cancelo?

If I drop Cancelo to pick up a cheaper defender (Have TAA James Trippier), I can fund the Haaland, Toney, Mitrovic combination instead of Haaland, Toney/Mitrovic, Taylor

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Keep or drop Cancelo?

If I drop Cancelo to pick up a cheaper defender (Have TAA James Trippier), I can fund the Haaland, Toney, Mitrovic combination instead of Haaland, Toney/Mitrovic, Taylor
I would sell after Southampton if you wanna get rid of him.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Main thought is whether it's pronounced "So lanky", or "So lank".

Both conjure images that put me off him.

Nickosaur

My WC is looking like

Pope / Iversen
Cancelo / James / Trippier / Saliba / N. Williams
KDB / Maddison / Zaha / Martinelli / Andreas
Haaland / Toney / Mitrovic

Plan for GW12 - swap KDB and Cancelo for Salah and Robertson/Van Dijk
I have more value in Saliba/Martinelli/Haaland so figure it's best to keep them in the squad and have them on the bench for their blanks.

ROFLUTION

Isak is probably not fit, and i’ll have to take two hits to get Maddison currently. Got zero in the bank so can only downgrade.

Am I mad if I try and go Daka? (5.7)

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
My WC was played in the last GW. I have Bowen, Maetinelli, Zaha, Maddison and Ansreas in midfield.

I think that's too punt-y and may just swap out Bowen for Rashford now. Thoughts on that move?

Bowen is liked by a lot of FPL players but I feel he and West Ham and nearly doing enough.

Also, is it nuts to captain Kane vs Arsenal? He has a good record v them but its the 12:30 kick off.