Fantasy Premier League 22/23

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Slightly annoyed by Haaland's price. Should've been higher. Now he'll be in 60% of the teams.

Paul_Scholes18

Players are cheaper than I expected. Might be able to build a strong team. Like Mahrez 8 million. I remember what that guy did to me last year he really fecked me good.

Last edited:

Paul_Scholes18

City players are bargains. Mahrez and Foden at 8 mil.
You never know who starts though from those. If you look at overall points they are not very high.

I think FPL might have reduced Mahrez cost since he will not be on pens. Did not expect that though.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
You never know who starts though from those. If you look at overall points they are not very high.

I think FPL might have reduced Mahrez cost since he will not be on pens. Did not expect that though.
You never know with Pep about any of his players, he could go to Anfield next season with Foden as a false 9 and Haaland on the bench knowing him

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

Especially if Sterling does go to Chelsea.
If Sterling goes then Jack for 7 mil could be decent choice

Damn, now i read what i wrote. No he is not :lol:

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Completed it...

4.5m? / 4m?
Walker / Tomiyasu / Chilwell 7m? / TAA 8m? / 4m scrub
Salah 13m? / Foden / Odegaard / 7.5m? / 4.5m scrub
Haaland / 7m? / 5m scrub

Paul_Scholes18

You never know with Pep about any of his players, he could go to Anfield next season with Foden as a false 9 and Haaland on the bench knowing him
Well yes when CL starts I probably sell Haaland and get Ronaldo(if nailed and doing well), but I struggle to see Haaland not starting gameweek 1 and unless he is pure shit he likely start gameweek 2 as well.

With Mahrez and Foden you have no idea. Community shield lineup I do not trust since Pep rotates so much.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
You are missing Spurs. Son, Lloris, Perisic....
Yeah. Either hoping to slot in Kulu to that open mid slot or Son in and bump Foden out to free up the funds depending on price/position.

I don't think it will be possible to get Haaland, Salah and Son all in though (with a balanced squad) so you'll have to make a choice and the first 2 are in better teams with better opening fixtures.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Yeah. Either hoping to slot in Kulu to that open mid slot or Son in and bump Foden out to free up the funds depending on price/position.

I don't think it will be possible to get Haaland, Salah and Son all in though (with a balanced squad) so you'll have to make a choice and the first 2 are in better teams with better opening fixtures.
I am hoping that Salah will go in attack. Forget Kulusevski. Now they have Son and Richarlison on the wings

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I am hoping that Salah will go in attack. Forget Kulusevski. Now they have Son and Richarlison on the wings
Which is probably why I won't bother with any. I can take rotation from Liverpool and City but not Spurs.

I'm interested to see how much Luis Diaz is this season as well. £8m probably? Same sort of bracket as Foden and Mahrez you'd think. Could be the one to free up funds for Son if you dare not go with Salah.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Curious if anybody knows of any other sites doing FF? After playing fantasy baseball this year, and really enjoying it, where scoring is done via categories I'd love a more complex soccer equivalent

paulscholes18

Was thinking about Kulu then they signed Richarlison so he is a rotation risk.

Paul_Scholes18

Which is probably why I won't bother with any. I can take rotation from Liverpool and City but not Spurs.

I'm interested to see how much Luis Diaz is this season as well. £8m probably? Same sort of bracket as Foden and Mahrez you'd think. Could be the one to free up funds for Son if you dare not go with Salah.
They likely start with Kane, Son, Kulu gameweek 1, but long term it is hard to know if things change.

With Salah having been nailed for so many years it is hard to avoid him. He is the most safe captain you can have.
He scores against everyone, rarely rested and high EO. If you feel like going against him just pick another captain with good game.

He is Liverpools clear star now without Mane. Might be bad for him, but we will see. He has pens though still.

The bookies favorites to be top scorer are Haaland and Salah. The favorites to get most fantasy points is Salah followed by Son (being mids help).
The most popular attackers will be Haaland, Salah, Son.

The most popular captain in gameweek 1 will be Salah from both experienced players and casuals.

The only thing against him is poor form at the end of last year and I think that may be a reason why people go for Son.

It may be more fun to play risky and try something different, but if you do not want to risk an awful start you should have him.

If Salah fail and you have a differential captain like Bruno/Ronaldo it can give a huge rank boost so yeah play your own game.

For me I usually just start with the best picks/balanced squad in my opinion rather than thinking about cover, differentials, EO hehe and think for the first 2 games there is clearly noone with better chance to score big than Salah.

Last edited:

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
They likely start with Kane, Son, Kulu gameweek 1, but long term it is hard to know if things change.

With Salah having been nailed for so many years it is hard to avoid him. He is the most safe captain you can have.
He scores against everyone, rarely rested and high EO. If you feel like going against him just pick another captain with good game.

He is Liverpools clear star now without Mane. Might be bad for him, but we will see. He has pens though still.

The bookies favorites to be top scorer are Haaland and Salah. The favorites to get most fantasy points is Salah followed by Son (being mids help).
The most popular attackers will be Haaland, Salah, Son.

The most popular captain in gameweek 1 will be Salah from both experienced players and casuals.

The only thing against him is poor form at the end of last year and I think that may be a reason why people go for Son.

It may be more fun to play risky and try something different, but if you do not want to risk an awful start you should have him.

If Salah fail and you have a differential captain like Bruno/Ronaldo it can give a huge rank boost so yeah play your own game.

For me I usually just start with the best picks/balanced squad in my opinion rather than thinking about cover, differentials, EO hehe and think for the first 2 games there is clearly noone with better chance to score big than Salah.
Don't disagree with any of that.

paulscholes18

Raya staying at 4.5 is a real option, even though I have a feeling they will be going down.

Paul_Scholes18

Raya staying at 4.5 is a real option, even though I have a feeling they will be going down.
We will see the other keepers though.

I am not sure if I want 1 or 2. If I have an extra 0.5 I get 2. If 0.5 give me my dream enabler in attack then I go one keeper.

If Sanchez is 4.5 I still have some faith in him despite a tricky start. I think Brighton can defend well under Potter as a team.
He is just awful for saves most of the time and he got 2 saves like 4 games in a row at one time I think.

Zen

Seems to me they are pricing out even bothering with relegation fodder players - everyone bar KdB so far is way too cheap for me.

Paul_Scholes18

Seems to me they are pricing out even bothering with relegation fodder players - everyone bar KdB so far is way too cheap for me.
Brentford costs make sense I think. Mbeumo too high though I think and turned me off a bit. City attackers are cheaper than expected due to rotation I think. Of course if someone gets nailed that player could be a gem like Grealish.

paulscholes18

Think Sterling is overpriced 8.5 would be good value for him, nobody is going to touch him at 10

paulscholes18

We will see the other keepers though.

I am not sure if I want 1 or 2. If I have an extra 0.5 I get 2. If 0.5 give me my dream enabler in attack then I go one keeper.

If Sanchez is 4.5 I still have some faith in him despite a tricky start. I think Brighton can defend well under Potter as a team.
He is just awful for saves most of the time and he got 2 saves like 4 games in a row at one time I think.
Sanchez staying at 4.5 and Cucurella at 5

Paul_Scholes18

FPL might have made an error with Undav vs Welbeck. I think Undav will play more and could even be nailed with Welbeck fit.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I hope they make Salah 13.5 or even 14m. It totally takes the fun out the game when literally every single player in the game who has a vague idea what they are doing owns him.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
I hope they make Salah 13.5 or even 14m. It totally takes the fun out the game when literally every single player in the game who has a vague idea what they are doing owns him.
I went without him for most of the second half of the season :nervous:. Worked out great for me owning the likes of KDB and Son instead. Wouldn't rule out doing the same again

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I went without him for most of the second half of the season :nervous:. Worked out great for me owning the likes of KDB and Son instead. Wouldn't rule out doing the same again
Fair play. You started with him though which was what I was referring to.

Paul_Scholes18

Leeds pick Bamford 7.5. I had hoped for 7 the same as Toney. They go on his past season, but I doubt he will have another season like that.

Meslier for 4.5 might get many saves again, but Leeds is probably one of the worst sides for clean sheets based on last season.

From the 4.5 keeper I think Sanchez best for clean sheets, Raya and Meslier for saves. All 3 got decent keeper fixtures I think.

My general feeling is defenders are too cheap and attackers too expensive. Thus there are really no gems up front. Undav the best gem I think if he plays so far. He has good numbers before.