Fantasy Premier League 22/23

IrishRedDevil

The year everyone wants Son and they price him at 12. Love it :lol:

Had him in my team for the last 4 years. Might sit this one out.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Sanchez/Mendy
Chilwell, Taa, Perisic, Dias, 4,5 Arsenal
Salah
Haaland.

Ok. I have 9.

Paul_Scholes18

I think I will start without Son again, but if he is fantastic and Salah is not playing well I will not stop myself to make the logical move.

We know though Salah always haul when you want it the least (well against us) and miss a pen the gameweek you want him to score the most (vs Leicester last year) when his EO is lowest and most people did not have him.

I will try to follow the odds, reason and logic and hope that work rather than play safe or stupid due to what others are doing. EO does effect me though and that is probably my biggest weakness the last few years and possibly why last season was my worst. If there are players I rate as top players I struggle to not get them if most others have them, but if others do not have them I can resist much easier. For example I really wanted Robertson last year, but everyone had Salah, TAA and Jota so I went with those 3. Had Robertson been more popular I would have had him.

At the end of last year I went with my gut and risk though cause I had a shit season. Bruno in failed over Salah. KDB cap worked well over getting Salah back and I knew if I was in a better position I likely gone Salah due to EO even with KDBs better fixtures and lower cost.

Last edited:

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I think I will start without Son again, but if he is fantastic and Salah is not playing well I will not stop myself to make the logical move.

We know though Salah always haul when you want it the least (well against us) and miss a pen the gameweek you want him to score the most (vs Leicester last year) when his EO is lowest and most people did not have him.

I will try to follow the odds, reason and logic and hope that work rather than play safe or stupid due to what others are doing. EO does effect me though and that is probably my biggest weakness the last few years and possibly why last season was my worst. If there are players I rate as top players I struggle to not get them if most others have them, but if others do not have them I can resist much easier. For example I really wanted Robertson last year, but everyone had Salah, TAA and Jota so I went with those 3. Had Robertson been more popular I would have had him.

At the end of last year I went with my gut and risk though cause I had a shit season. Bruno in failed over Salah. KDB cap worked well over getting Salah back and I knew if I was in a better position I likely gone Salah due to EO even with KDBs better fixtures and lower cost.
Yeah it all depends on what your doing.

If you're high up and want to protect rank, covering EO is essential.

If you want to chase a higher score, go against the grain.

It's simple and obvious but we all fall pray to overthinking in this game.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I'm not gonna go without Salah from the off but I might be tempted by Kane over Haaland...even if it's just for that juicy gw1 fixture.

Paul_Scholes18

Yeah it all depends on what your doing.

If you're high up and want to protect rank, covering EO is essential.

If you want to chase a higher score, go against the grain.

It's simple and obvious but we all fall pray to overthinking in this game.
Bias is a problem and I got it, but I know my picks aren't the optimal to win FPL.

I usually play far too strategic and safe for that. Having those low owned players that smash it is key if you want to win it and also saves budget for more premiums. Although premium defs are so consistent and safe I think.

Last edited:
£12m for Son? They’re taking the piss

im definitely getting these players, the rest I’m not sure yet.
salah
haaland
robertson/taa

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

salah
haaland
robertson/taa
Maybe i am too patriotic but Perisic is a must have. Winger in Spurs defence for 5.5 mil.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Do you think he’ll be a starter? I like perisic he seems like an efficient player. Maybe he would be a good bench option.
I doubt that Conte signed him on huge contract to be a backup. And that Perisic left Inter where he was first 11 player to become sub in Spurs

paulscholes18

salah
haaland
robertson/taa
Son had to be 12, wouldn't have made sense if he was cheaper than KDB.

Salah, Haaland, TAA, Diaz, Cancelo and most likely Saka are nailed in my week 1 team.

Nickosaur

:lol: I was so set on Son over Salah but now I'm not so sure

Definitely need a Spurs attacker I feel. Kulu and Richarlison will fight for minutes I think, so probably has to be Kane or Son.

Kane instead of Haaland could be the way to go...

Son had to be 12, wouldn't have made sense if he was cheaper than KDB.

Salah, Haaland, TAA, Diaz, Cancelo and most likely Saka are nailed in my week 1 team.
It would have made sense for him to be £11m he doesn’t even take set pieces, the fantasy team are trying to pull a fast one.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Assumed the game would be ready by now but when I login still showing last seasons points

Mcking

It would have made sense for him to be £11m he doesn’t even take set pieces, the fantasy team are trying to pull a fast one.
He takes free kicks and corner kicks which is an advantage he has over the likes of Salah and Kane, boosting his assists and bonus points potential.

Just look at his FPL record since he came to the Premier League, he is definitely a 12.0m performer. He has just been going under the radar because he doesn't play enough minutes, and the last two seasons where he's played more, he has hit 200+. I likely won't be starting with him by the way.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Why are people on twitter and fb demanding more money? Isn't 100 mil budget fixed for ages?
This is not fifa ffs

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
My least favourite regular Utd starter but yes that could be a play. I’d like to see what kind of effort he makes in the first few games. He’s going to be affordable all season really at that price.
If he scores a goal in first game, he is going up first week