Fantasy Premier League 22/23

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Fixtures released. Game rumored to launch next week. Guess they'll start revealing prices soon.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Not particularly liking that all of our games against the top 6 are at home in the first half of the season and are all away in the second half. Our points tally midseason might not be reflective of where we actually are and if we don't have a great start then we might be fecked come the end.

Tavern in the town

Trying to figure out which premiums to own will be a nightmare, how the feck do you pick between Salah, Haaland, Son, Kane, KDB as well as Cancelo, Trent, Robertson, James and Chilwell.

adkb

Yaay. My trauma from last season can be carried forward without missing a beat.

So can someone post handles of some good reliable players who give sound advice? I cannot be involved all the time and I could do with some help. Thanks.

Paul_Scholes18

I have seen the fixtures.

Salah gameweek 1 captain is too tempting right.

He is likely 13 million and far too expensive, but Fulham feels like the best game you can imagine. Plus he is nailed 100% on pens and totally proven.

Apart from the Pool games the United fixtures looks alright. Think I go with one defender from us if they reduce our cost. Ronaldo could be tempting over Haaland as well as a differential.

If Martenelli is cheap and nailned he is certainly in my side as well.

Haaland or no Haaland will be the big question. Newcastle and West Ham away I can do without. Rotation risk in the easier games when CL start.
Not proven, but very scary to watch the City games without him. I much rather have him and see him totally fail than the opposite. I always hope City lose anyway so even if I have him I want him to fail.

Having Haaland and Salah is not good value. It forces you to play 4 or 5 defenders I think since they are best value or play guys like Mbeumo, Olise, Podence, Harrison, Dan James etc over Bowen, Kulusevski, Saka, Maddison etc.

Last edited:
Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
@BeforeKeanetherewasRobson

Seasons not even started and he's making mistakes and excuses.

Scoundrel.
Does that guy work for a living?
Sort of. He charges for his spreadsheet (that's why he posts his each week, self promotion) and promotes some FPL stuff.

Scoundrel.
So can someone post handles of some good reliable players who give sound advice? I cannot be involved all the time and I could do with some help. Thanks.
For impartial Burnley advice, try @Dirty Schwein .

Scoundrel.

Moby

Dick
Sort of. He charges for his spreadsheet (that's why he posts his each week, self promotion) and promotes some FPL stuff.

Scoundrel.
I'm happy to see he has been able to find something to get away from the horrid times he has gone through lately. Lost his dad 3 months ago after a long battle with motor neurone disease.

Have to say the FPL community at the end of the day is incredibly supportive of each other. All of them coming together for that GW39 initiate was really heartwarming to watch.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
I'm happy to see he has been able to find something to get away from the horrid times he has gone through lately. Lost his dad 3 months ago after a long battle with motor neurone disease.

Have to say the FPL community at the end of the day is incredibly supportive of each other. All of them coming together for that GW39 initiate was really heartwarming to watch.
Yeah, I did see that (and posted something nice actually).

Joking and life are different things...

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Salah + Haaland is going to be the way most people start isn't it?

As ever it's getting the cheap differentials correct which will make or break your rank.

Finished 8k last year. Hopefully can get in the top 10k again.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
@Sandikan is your real name Chris?

Thoughts and prayers for how low @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson must be feeling for his inconsiderate posts.
The one against me was pretty bad, but also the one on Ben C.

Shocking scenes.

Frank Grimes

Of course I don’t mind. Finished 23k. You?
Another solid effort. Your history is a joke, I remember you from meet the manager with Joe Lepper.

Didn't do well, but I rarely do tbh. I had a few seasons where I got top 20k in row and 1 top 5k but last few seasons I've not done well. Think I finished around 200k last season. Also my mini league has a manager of the month last few years so that hasn't helped as strategy is different.

Moby

Dick
The squad lists on premierleague . com have been updated with promoted clubs and new signings and have listed Son and Salah as forwards. I haven't checked squads over there before so not sure if FPL also uses the exact same positions.

paulscholes18

The squad lists on premierleague . com have been updated with promoted clubs and new signings and have listed Son and Salah as forwards. I haven't checked squads over there before so not sure if FPL also uses the exact same positions.
5-2-3 formation if they are :lol:

Paul_Scholes18

I doubt they change it this year. They have played the same position for years and been mids.

Most wingers are mids even if they are attacking. The main reason they change position is if they start playing as central striker.

If they change them they should change all wingers and there is no mids left.

If they just change them to strikers since they are too good it is no fun since then there is not many premium mids left.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Another solid effort. Your history is a joke, I remember you from meet the manager with Joe Lepper.

Didn't do well, but I rarely do tbh. I had a few seasons where I got top 20k in row and 1 top 5k but last few seasons I've not done well. Think I finished around 200k last season. Also my mini league has a manager of the month last few years so that hasn't helped as strategy is different.

I thought that was Cassius Claymore? Have we more than 1 FPL royalty on here? @Moby bound to be next to get recognition for his achievements

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I doubt they change it this year. They have played the same position for years and been mids.

Most wingers are mids even if they are attacking. The main reason they change position is if they start playing as central striker.

If they just change them to strikers since they are too good it is no fun since then there is not many premium mids left.
Jota has to be striker this year.

Moby

Dick

Son played up front for Spurs last season and I think they also take into account the most likely formation the manager is gonna play. Conte is likely gonna play his preferred 3-5-2 so it will be Son and Kane up top. So the official PL site has already listed him as a fwd but not sure if FPL follows it 100%.

Paul_Scholes18

Son played up front for Spurs last season and I think they also take into account the most likely formation the manager is gonna play. Conte is likely gonna play his preferred 3-5-2 so it will be Son and Kane up top. So the official PL site has already listed him as a fwd but not sure if FPL follows it 100%.
Spurs have played 3-4-3 with Son and Kulusevski on the wing mostly. Just cause he makes many runs in the box do not change that.

Kane is the striker even if he drops deep.

paulscholes18

Although the prices won’t be 100% accurate FPL.team have updated teams with transfers and prices.

Paul_Scholes18

Although the prices won’t be 100% accurate FPL.team have updated teams with transfers and prices.
You think it is possible to afford this 11?

Meslier Raya
Shaw Cancelo Chilwell Tierney Doherty/Perisic
Saka Kulusevski Neto Salah 4.5
Haaland Mbeumo Welbeck(Brighton striker)

Last edited:

paulscholes18

You think it is possible to afford this 11?

Meslier Raya
Shaw Cancelo Chilwell Tierney Doherty/Peresic
Saka Kulusevski Neto Salah 4.5
Haaland Mbeumo Welbeck(Brighton striker)
Can't afford it. The website haven't moved Mbeumo to a forward and only you only have 3.5m ITB for the 3rd striker. so would have to downgrade Meslier to a 4m keeper and get a 4.5m forward.

Paul_Scholes18

Can't afford it. The website haven't moved Mbeumo to a forward and only you only have 3.5m ITB for the 3rd striker. so would have to downgrade Meslier to a 4m keeper and get a 4.5m forward.
Was certain Meslier would be cheap given how crap Leeds played. Not even sure I want him.

I think Sa and go with one keeper is tempting, but I see the fixtures turn for Wolves quite quickly so it is if I go with early wildcard.

Also if I change Shaw to TAA and downgrade Saka to Gordon would that work? I think probably not Gordon is probably 5.5. Shaw I hope 5.0 if I am picking him.
TAA 8 and Saka 8 possibly?

Last edited:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Trying to figure out which premiums to own will be a nightmare, how the feck do you pick between Salah, Haaland, Son, Kane, KDB as well as Cancelo, Trent, Robertson, James and Chilwell.
It'll at least make it interesting. For me it's probably Salah and Haaland, then Trent. Haaland is going to have a huge ownership so if he starts fast you could end up fecked.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
If Mane had stayed I would have been more comfortable going without Salah.

I'll go for whoever's cheapest between KDB and Haaland. Watch them be both the same price haha