Fantasy Premier League 22/23

Moby

Dick
Spurs have played 3-4-3 with Son and Kulusevski on the wing mostly. Just cause he makes many runs in the box do not change that.

Kane is the striker even if he drops deep.
Yeah last season. This season they are expected to play 352.

Also even last season Son was staying up front in a lot of games. Not making runs from deep.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Gotta get in on Newcastle me thinks. Trippier, Bruno, Wilson.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

These cnuts are taking the piss. Start revealing the prices already :mad:

Paul_Scholes18

I like a lot of defenders really.

I think which cheap players are likely going to be good?

Like Gordon, Elanga and Ramsey maybe. Wolves attackers and cheapest Brentford starting ones.

Like I hope we get a decent 5 million striker like last year. Dennis was so good even if I benched hauls.

I wish for Mbeumo 5.5 striker that could be decent.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Cause they are playing Liverpool and City early on so easy wins? ´I hope, but struggle to see clean sheets for Newcastle in those games.
Good players return pts regardless of fixture. I trust Newcastle... :nervous:

Paul_Scholes18

Good players return pts regardless of fixture. I trust Newcastle... :nervous:
Yeah Newcastle could make two 1-0 wins in those games if they are up for the fight.

Just would not bet on it. I wanted Trippier, but can't justify him from the start with so many good defenders around.

I could start with him and move him to a Spurs defender for gameweek 3, but not sure Trippier is worth using an early transfer on.
Chelsea vs Spurs could end 0-0 as many big games do and I look like a fool with such tactic.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Looking at dates of release and this will be maybe shortest period between release and PL season start.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Good. Waste enough time on this without mulling over a squad in June that will be nothing like my squad in August
Good for that.
Less good when you need to hurry 80 or so people into the league you manage :(

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Site is down for new season update. It's coming...
Has been for a day though.
No doubt they'll spin this out for a few days yet. We haven't even had the usual day or 2 of price reveals yet.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Has been for a day though.
No doubt they'll spin this out for a few days yet. We haven't even had the usual day or 2 of price reveals yet.
Damn, you are a mood killer. I just wanted to post "It is coming!!!" and then i saw your post

Paul_Scholes18

So when you build your first draft. Who will you try to fit in? Do not say I do auto select for low ID ;).

I think I will build a draft with Shaw, TAA, Cancelo, Salah, Haaland and see how it looks, but if Shaw is 5.5 I probably go without United :(. Maybe Maguire if he is 5, but maybe.

Our first two fixtures are the best after Liverpool for a defender though so I like to be optimistic. Then bench that defender in gameweek 3 and enjoy the 1-0 win with a huge benched haul hopefully :).

There is only one gameweek 1 I have gone without any United picks. That is the Covid season when we missed gameweek 1.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
So when you build your first draft. Who will you try to fit in? Do not say I do auto select for low ID ;).

I think I will build a draft with Shaw, TAA, Cancelo, Salah, Haaland and see how it looks, but if Shaw is 5.5 I probably go without United :(. Maybe Maguire if he is 5, but maybe.

Our first two fixtures are the best after Liverpool for a defender though so I like to be optimistic. Then bench that defender in gameweek 3 and enjoy the 1-0 win with a huge benched haul hopefully :).

There is only one gameweek 1 I have gone without any United picks. That is the Covid season when we missed gameweek 1.
I hope that Salah will be striker. So he will not be MUST have.
Lloris, taa, Cancelo and Son are my must. Others....i will see

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Damn, you are a mood killer. I just wanted to post "It is coming!!!" and then i saw your post
Unfortunately all the cool kids on fantasy scout are thinking Tue/Wed, so think that, and then if it's earlier you'll find it a huge bonus :)

Paul_Scholes18

Tierney and Martinelli me like. If Martinelli is not playing maybe I go Ödegaard again.

I think Tierney being 5 make me think it will be easy to build a fantastic def this year.

Last edited:

Pickle85

White looks a cheap way in. Tierney flatters to deceive imo. Think white is the only one ill be looking at

Paul_Scholes18

White looks a cheap way in. Tierney flatters to deceive imo. Think white is the only one ill be looking at
I know Tierney is injured a lot, but his points per start is higher than Saka and he is clearly the best Arsenal defender in attack.

It might be risky going with many from Chilwell, Shaw, Tierney, Trippier, Digne since they all had injuries, but with the wildcard in hand if they all get injured at the same time I can use it.

I remember getting KDB for cheap after he had a year with injuries. Using the lower cost due to injuries can be a great strategy I think.

Jones and Welbeck not joining my team though cause they will be injured gameweek 1.

Just in theory Tierney has highest point per start and cost 5 million in a team with easiest fixtures. What is not to like if he is fit and starting-

Pickle85

I know Tierney is injured a lot, but his points per start is higher than Saka and he is clearly the best Arsenal defender in attack.

It might be risky going with many from Chilwell, Shaw, Tierney, Trippier, Digne since they all had injuries, but with the wildcard in hand if they all get injured at the same time I can use it.

I remember getting KDB for cheap after he had a year with injuries. Using the lower cost due to injuries can be a great strategy I think.

Jones and Welbeck not joining my team though cause they will be injured gameweek 1.

Just in theory Tierney has highest point per start and cost 5 million in a team with easiest fixtures. What is not to like if he is fit and starting-
Was his pps higher than Salah? Blimey, thats surprising. I guess my view is skewed by how irregularly he actually played. I also nabbed KdB early last year but got rid before he really found his rhythm (typically).