Fantasy Premier League 22/23

Dan_F

Unless your team is a disaster there’s no need to wildcard now. Another week of data is far more useful than avoiding a -4, or missing a price rise.

Personally I’d like to try and wait till the transfer market closes.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
All the funds in the bank that you can use right now to get ahead of the rest. You know you want to... ;)
Meh. They'll be a new 'must have player' by the end of this weekend. Seen it all before.

Edit: That said, Kulu certainly makes sense to cover Spurs attack in the absence of Kane/Son (for now) so I'll be watching him again this weekend with an eye on moving him out for Rashford. Richarlison will be available so it will be especially interesting to see who he comes on for, assuming he starts on the bench as expected.

Bailey is low priority with Andreas and DaSilva on the bench already. Tempted to even start one of them this weekend.

Last edited:

mixmastermike

Got a decent start (top of the league :D) but think that i might need to do something with my midfield.
Current line up for midfield and attacks:
Ødegaard-Salah-Rashford
Darwin-Haaland-Jesus

Would like till sub both Ødegaard and Rashy and try to squeeze in Kulusevski so it’s either wait one week until i have two subs and bring in someone cheap alongside Kulu, or sub either of them within the same prize range. 0,0m £ in the bank.
Any suggestions?

saik

Guys, between Odegaard, Rashford, B.Sliva and Jesus whom should I replace in my team for this weekend?

ROFLUTION

Guys, between Odegaard, Rashford, B.Sliva and Jesus whom should I replace in my team for this weekend?
Silva or Rashford. Silva might get a last game to say farewell before joining Barca... or he might get rested so he doesn't get injured - kinda hard to say. Rashford could produce next to nothing the coming weeks.

Yeah, probably Silva.

Pickle85

Who are we liking for cappa this week? Tough to look past Haaland but Salah is tempting me...

Tarrou

Holding my xfer this week. Was tempted by Mitro but I might want Darwin in that spot..

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
And by few you mean eleven?
Maddison did okay. The others were naff. It’s rare that Spurs will score 4 and Kane won’t, Jesus not scoring when he should have or playing the full 90 etc. also Guehi scoring an OG. :lol:

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Maddison did okay. The others were naff. It’s rare that Spurs will score 4 and Kane won’t, Jesus not scoring when he should have or playing the full 90 etc. also Guehi scoring an OG. :lol:
Post your points page. Please. I need a laugh. Had a bad day.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
So if your team was just unlucky for this one week, why on earth did you splonder a wildcard?!
Because I feel more sure about the wildcard picks due to their fixtures over the next few games and GW1 progress.

JP77

Weighing it up I think I'm going to play the wildcard this week. I'm backed into a corner after a bad first week, don't have Haaland in my team when he has amazing fixtures incoming, have Son up against Chelsea, have Dalot and Sancho who I don't fancy at all against Brentford and then they have Liverpool the week after. Ward and Raya in goal too who don't have great fixtures in week two.

I think I'm leaning towards playing it too because once I play it most of the core of my main team won't need taking out before the world cup when we get unlimited changes anyway. TAA, Robertson, Haaland, Cancelo and Salah will likely stay in my team the entire time unless something crazy happens, you fancy them all in almost every fixture apart from maybe the Liverpool defenders when they play City but that's one game. Any of the surrounding players can easily be changed with the free weekly transfer when needed. I get the idea of having the wildcard in your back pocket and if you had a great first week then you don't really need to use it but I feel after a piss poor first week it's forced my hand and it seems pointless waiting 4-5 weeks to play it when I feel it will be more effective now than in a month or so.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Weighing it up I think I'm going to play the wildcard this week. I'm backed into a corner after a bad first week, don't have Haaland in my team when he has amazing fixtures incoming, have Son up against Chelsea, have Dalot and Sancho who I don't fancy at all against Brentford and then they have Liverpool the week after. Ward and Raya in goal too who don't have great fixtures in week two.

I think I'm leaning towards playing it too because once I play it most of the core of my main team won't need taking out before the world cup when we get unlimited changes anyway. TAA, Robertson, Haaland, Cancelo and Salah will likely stay in my team the entire time unless something crazy happens, you fancy them all in almost every fixture apart from maybe the Liverpool defenders when they play City but that's one game. Any of the surrounding players can easily be changed with the free weekly transfer when needed. I get the idea of having the wildcard in your back pocket and if you had a great first week then you don't really need to use it but I feel after a piss poor first week it's forced my hand and it seems pointless waiting 4-5 weeks to play it when I feel it will be more effective now than in a month or so.
This was basically my thoughts too.

BulgarianDevil91

Missed getting Haaland for Kane while their prices were equal and am now wondering whether I should take a -4 just for GW 2 or use the free hit as I might switch 2 or 3 more players for the weekend.

ROFLUTION

Sounds like a good idea. Get in 3 x sure City-starters + 3 x sure Liverpool-starters + at least 2 x Arsenal and you're good to go until the WC. If I had the chance I'd bring in Darwin+Trent+Salah / Haaland, Walker, Cancelo / Martinelli, Jesus and maybe Saliba and then 2 more of other teams who can be switched around from GW to GW depending on fixtures.