Fantasy Premier League 22/23

ROFLUTION

Look what the international break is doing to you guys!

10 more days to discuss who to own besides Zaha and Maddison.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ok, but it’s a different meaning than the Americanised sport ‘draft’ isn’t it?

This is ‘draft’ like sketch or blueprint - a preliminary writing (very British), rather than ‘draft’ like ‘I’m drafting in KDB’.
Drafting him in makes it sound temporary, when it's not is it?

MrBrightside1989

Patterson stretchered off for Scotland last night could have an impact on some selections. Not heard how serious it is- hopefully not too bad as he was doing well and benefitting from a good run in the team.

Last edited:

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ffs International Break is turning Sandi into some kind of manic autocorrect correcter.

We need FPL back…
I'm accidentally letting out my obsession with proper spellz here.

In fairness nothing will ever match the time a manager at an old job sent out an email welcoming a new employee - Gaz Knibb.

Autocorrected it and then didn't recheck it.

And voila - Gaz Knob introduced to the company :lol:
Great day 1 intro.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
NGL, I'm actually seriously considering to give Leicester another chances (GW 9 and GW 10) by having double Leicester keepers. I'm finding it tough to pick a keeper for my WC team right now. Worst case if there is no improvement, I can always sell them after GW 10 (since I'm going to save FT in GW 10 so I will have 2 FT in GW 11).

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Thoughts on this potential WC? I'm not happy taking out Martinelli but I can't figure a way to get him in. Mitrovic is effectively his replacement but cheaper.

Seems unwise to avoid doubling up on Kane and Haaland at this point.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Thoughts on this potential WC? I'm not happy taking out Martinelli but I can't figure a way to get him in. Mitrovic is effectively his replacement but cheaper.

You can still keep Martinelli by downgrading VVD and Saliba -> James and 4.2-4.4 DEF.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You can still keep Martinelli by downgrading VVD and Saliba -> James and 4.2-4.4 DEF.
But then he loses a Liverpool defender and Saliba - who is surely essential at his price point, scores goals and is part of a surprisingly strong looking Arsenal this year.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Have you enough value banked in Martinelli to keep him instead of Zaha, and upgrade Van Dijk to TAA?

TAA v Van Dijk is actually an interesting battle.
Technically only 1 point in it this year, but TAA was subbed on 58mins v Everton, so should have been at least 5 points higher, every chance bonus on top.

But looking at last year, TAA 208 points from 2853 mins, VD 183 from 3060 mins

On average points per min, TAA is 13.72 mins per point, and VD is 16.72 mins per point.
On points per minute against value, TAA is 0.54, and VD is 0.39

So erm, to conclude, I'd always get TAA in there.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Have you enough value banked in Martinelli to keep him instead of Zaha, and upgrade Van Dijk to TAA?

TAA v Van Dijk is actually an interesting battle.
Technically only 1 point in it this year, but TAA was subbed on 58mins v Everton, so should have been at least 5 points higher, every chance bonus on top.

But looking at last year, TAA 208 points from 2853 mins, VD 183 from 3060 mins

On average points per min, TAA is 13.72 mins per point, and VD is 16.72 mins per point.
On points per minute against value, TAA is 0.54, and VD is 0.39

So erm, to conclude, I'd always get TAA in there.
Appreciate the advice and yes I should have enough in the bank to keep martinelli and taa - one of the benefits of having both currently.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Which one to drop on the bench for GW9 of Mitrovic, Martinelli, and Solanke?

Bristol_Red_87

What are those GW9 WC'er's thoughts on the Premium midfielder vs the double premium forward?

I'm currently sat on Salah but have changed my mind almost daily!

Predicted points haul (PP5G) for him has come down over the past week with just over 3 points in it between him and Kane.

I never dreamt of getting him back in on my WC and if I'd had my hand forced in GW8 to play it I would have spread my funds in midfield and brought in Kane.

Question is...what's changed?

Dan_F

That City/Arsenal blank is a pain in the ass. Fixtures after that are good for both teams. Feels too late to be playing the wildcard.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
That City/Arsenal blank is a pain in the ass. Fixtures after that are good for both teams. Feels too late to be playing the wildcard.
It is too late.

You‘ve got a few ways to avoid/minimise though;

1. Don’t pick six from those clubs
  2. Tfrs between now and then
  3. -4s
  4. Some on the bench
In reality, it’ll probably be a combination… for example, 5 of them, 2 tfr’ed out by blank week, 3 on bench for a week.

Dan_F

It is too late.

You‘ve got a few ways to avoid/minimise though;

1. Don’t pick six from those clubs
  2. Tfrs between now and then
  3. -4s
  4. Some on the bench
In reality, it’ll probably be a combination… for example, 5 of them, 2 tfr’ed out by blank week, 3 on bench for a week.
Hopefully be able to ride it out with a bench of Haaland, Cancelo and Martinelli.

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
Thoughts on who to sell for Maddison out of Martinelli and Odegaard? Martinelli a much more prolific scorer in his minutes last year and has a more even spread of points this year. Odegaard getting more points for minutes this year, but has got his points mostly in two hauls in two games. But he looks imperious this year.

I suppose the answer is Odegaard isn't it?

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Thoughts on who to sell for Maddison out of Martinelli and Odegaard? Martinelli a much more prolific scorer in his minutes last year and has a more even spread of points this year. Odegaard getting more points for minutes this year, but has got his points mostly in two hauls in two games. But he looks imperious this year.

I suppose the answer is Odegaard isn't it?
Odegaard will be better for minutes with Europe back but Martinelli is the more exciting player and more likely to get constant returns.