Fantasy Premier League 22/23

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
Want Bruno but I have De Gea, Shaw and Rashford. These are two games that scream out clean sheets but unsure what to do.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Definitely going to wildcard as soon as our double is confirmed.
Just too much stuff to sort.

Cancelo and KDB need sorting.
Have De Gea not Shaw.
Martinelli is being overshadowed by Saka and Odey and they have a double the week after.
Also Trossy is giving Martinelli competition now.
Martial is flimsy too and will likely need Bruno.

Say Goodbye

Definitely going to wildcard as soon as our double is confirmed.
Just too much stuff to sort.

Cancelo and KDB need sorting.
Have De Gea not Shaw.
Martinelli is being overshadowed by Saka and Odey and they have a double the week after.
Also Trossy is giving Martinelli competition now.
Martial is flimsy too and will likely need Bruno.
Ideally you'd use a wildcard, but do you not think it'll be more useful when navigating DGWs later in the season?

From the problems you've mentioned, Cancelo obviously needs to go, but 3 at the back is optimal at the moment so could perhaps be benched for a week if necessary. De Bruyne you could keep or -> Bruno this week. Martinelli is still looking dangerous without scoring, so not a priority. I'd say De Gea/Shaw isn't a huge issue- I have both and won't get Bruno in.

I guess you've got De Gea, Rash, Martial atm? Could easily just go De Bruyne -> Bruno and Martial -> Nketiah/other for a -4 if you've only got 1ft, and sort the other 'issues' further down the line. What does the rest of your team look like?

Lux Thunder

Once a double game week is confirmed, I will go for Bruno instead of KDB. But that means I have four United players, so I will have to take -4 pts and replace Martial with Kane.

Pope - Cucurella, Shaw, Trippier - Saka, Bruno, Mitoma, Rashford - Toney, Kane, Haaland.

Bench: Sanchez, Almiron, Lewis, Perišić.

Keeping wildcard for possible blanks later. Thinking about playing a triple captain chip on Rashford ...

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ideally you'd use a wildcard, but do you not think it'll be more useful when navigating DGWs later in the season?

From the problems you've mentioned, Cancelo obviously needs to go, but 3 at the back is optimal at the moment so could perhaps be benched for a week if necessary. De Bruyne you could keep or -> Bruno this week. Martinelli is still looking dangerous without scoring, so not a priority. I'd say De Gea/Shaw isn't a huge issue- I have both and won't get Bruno in.

I guess you've got De Gea, Rash, Martial atm? Could easily just go De Bruyne -> Bruno and Martial -> Nketiah/other for a -4 if you've only got 1ft, and sort the other 'issues' further down the line. What does the rest of your team look like?
The perennial potential of Martial is such that I could yet be lulled into a he's back, he has a double, I'll leave it scenario!
But the workaround you mention is decent and I have 2 FTs anyway.

However, leaves me vulnerable to Odegaard and Saka who are out peforming Martinelli.

De Gea Ward
Trippier Botman White Cancelo Bueno
KDB Martinelli Almiron Rashy Andreas
Haaland Kane Martial

Martial to Nketiah would be my 3rd Arsenal, which is why i didn't do it last week, though in hindsight obviously should have!

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
The perennial potential of Martial is such that I could yet be lulled into a he's back, he has a double, I'll leave it scenario!

However, leaves me vulnerable to Odegaard and Saka who are out peforming Martinelli.

De Gea Ward
Haaland Kane Martial

Martial to Nketiah would be my 3rd Arsenal, which is why i didn't do it last week, though in hindsight obviously should have!
Honestly, I would do Martial to Nketiah and Martinelli to Saka with your two free transfers and you would have a team a lot of people will be WCing to get to!

de Gea

Trippier
Botman
White

Kdb
Saka
Almiron
Rashy

Haaland
Kane
Nketiah

That’s a great team for this week and you can deal Cancelo next week. Almiron has earned another game based on his prior form and easier games.

Next week, take the -4 and do Cancelo/Almiron to Mahrez/DEF and you are golden.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Honestly, I would do Martial to Nketiah and Martinelli to Saka with your two free transfers and you would have a team a lot of people will be WCing to get to!

de Gea

Trippier
Botman
White

Kdb
Saka
Almiron
Rashy

Haaland
Kane
Nketiah

That’s a great team for this week and you can deal Cancelo next week. Almiron has earned another game based on his prior form and easier games.

Next week, take the -4 and do Cancelo/Almiron to Mahrez/DEF and you are golden.
The only issues are Bruno will probably have a double, so probably want him this week, over Saka.
And then the week after City and Arsenal have doubles.

Say Goodbye

De Gea Ward
Haaland Kane Martial

There's definitely a couple of ways to go about it, but your team looks far too strong to wildcard!

Trippier, Botman and White all have a good fixture this week so not urgent to change Cancelo. Then with the two transfers, it's whether you prefer Bruno's form and fixtures over Haaland's.

My suggestion would be Haaland -> Bruno, Martial -> Nketiah this week, then Martinelli to your preferred Arsenal midfielder next week. But your team is strong, most of us have a couple of fires to put out in our teams, later in the season you will likely run into bigger issues than you have now!

RE: Martial, for me, even when he's played post WC he hasn't been in the box enough to look like scoring. With injuries and Weghorst coming in, his minutes will be a worry for the rest of the season.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
There's definitely a couple of ways to go about it, but your team looks far too strong to wildcard!

Trippier, Botman and White all have a good fixture this week so not urgent to change Cancelo. Then with the two transfers, it's whether you prefer Bruno's form and fixtures over Haaland's.

My suggestion would be Haaland -> Bruno, Martial -> Nketiah this week, then Martinelli to your preferred Arsenal midfielder next week. But your team is strong, most of us have a couple of fires to put out in our teams, later in the season you will likely run into bigger issues than you have now!

RE: Martial, for me, even when he's played post WC he hasn't been in the box enough to look like scoring. With injuries and Weghorst coming in, his minutes will be a worry for the rest of the season.
Yep, thinking along what you suggest for now, and no rush to do it because of the KDB to Bruno big price difference.

Shaw is a risk, but maybe rested in 1 game, whereas De Gea won't be, and Cancelo could still have a double himself.
So it's just be no KDB for the double, but may be a way round with a -4 for a Mahrez etc. Or just forget it as one game is a big face off v Arsenal after all.

Paul_Scholes18

So yes Bruno in. Not fully a fan of Bruno, but he always plays and might take pens.

Rashford cap for sure.

Lux Thunder

Not selling Martinelli for Mitoma last GW looking like a blunder. This guy is completely on it.
Mitoma is one of the best players in Premier League post World Cup IMO and surely a must buy with his price and Brighton's solid schedule.

Nickosaur

So with the United DGW confirmed I'd assumed I would just transfer out KDB for Fernandes.
But I don't think that's the best move with a City DGW the following week...
So now looking like bringing in either Antony or Weghorst. Feels risky but I'd have a strong team (3x Arse, 2x City) for the following DGW.

0161_UNITED

Isn’t worth the WC for me, so I’ll take a couple of hits instead and probably still came up with something very close to a WC team…

Kepa - Ward
Trips - Shaw - Estupinian - Botman - Bueno
Odegaard - Saka - Bruno - Rashy - Mitoma
Kane - Haaland - Nketieh

With enough ITB to switch Bruno to KdB next week. I’m sure there will be folks screaming from the rafters that I‘ll be fecked in 25, but I couldn’t care less. Rather just play 6-7 players in 25 or burn the FH in 25 then miss out on banging with this team from 22-24. I have feeling I won’t be able to afford this team if I don’t move before the deadline.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Evan Ferguson getting injured is a shitter. Quite fancied him as my 3rd striker as an alternative to Gnonto in that ever crowded Leeds forward line.

Mitoma seems obvious but I can't fit him in with United, Arsenal, City all doubling and Brighton very likely blanking in 25 anyway.

At the moment I'm looking at 2 options. Both involve -4 over 2 gw's.

A) Bruno and Gnonto in for Almiron and Toney. Then Mahrez in for Bruno and Odergaard in for Andreas the week after.

GW22 team

Ramsdale
Trippier Thomas Shaw
Bruno Rashford
KDB Martinelli
Kane Haaland Gnonto

GW23 team

Ramsdale
Trippier Shaw Perisic
Mahrez KDB Martinelli Odergaard Rashford
Kane Haaland

B) DDG and Odergaard in for Ramsdale and Almiron. Then Ake and Nketiah in for Patterson and Toney.

GW22 team

DDG
Trippier Thomas Shaw
Rashford
KDB Martinelli Odergaard
Kane Haaland Toney

GW23 team

DDG
Trippier Shaw Ake
KDB Martinelli Odergaard
Rashford
Kane Haaland Nketiah

1 obviously is far more exciting but 2 seems better for my team structure and leaves with better Arsenal players going forward. What do you reckon @Dirty Schwein @Sandikan @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson @anyone else ?

Last edited:

0161_UNITED

Evan Ferguson getting injured is a shitter. Quite fancied him as my 3rd striker as an alternative to Gnonto in that ever crowded Leeds forward line.

Mitoma seems obvious but I can't fit him in with United, Arsenal, City all doubling and Brighton very likely blanking in 25 anyway.

A) Bruno and Gnonto in for Almiron and Toney. Then Mahrez in for Bruno and Odergaard in for Andreas the week after.

GW22 team

Ramsdale
Trippier Thomas Shaw
Bruno Rashford
KDB Martinelli
Kane Haaland Gnonto

GW23 team

Ramsdale
Trippier Shaw Perisic
Kane Haaland

B) DDG and Odergaard in for Ramsdale and Almiron. Then Ake and Nketiah in for Patterson and Toney.

GW22 team

DDG
Trippier Thomas Shaw
Rashford
KDB Martinelli Odergaard
Kane Haaland Toney

GW23 team

DDG
Trippier Shaw Ake
KDB Martinelli Odergaard
Rashford
Kane Haaland Nketiah

1 obviously is far more exciting but 2 seems better for my team structure and leaves with better Arsenal players going forward. What do you reckon @Dirty Schwein @Sandikan @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson @anyone else ?
I like 2 better for a couple of reasons:
1) I’d rather have Nketieh than Ramsdale for Arsenal’s double and going forward (until Jesus returns). Those 3 Arsenal spots are precious - and personally I’m not a fan of burning one on a GK, but that’s just me.
2) Isn’t Ake a bit of a luxury transfer for you in 23 in Option B? You may not have to take that hit, unless you’re convinced you’ll have solved Pep Roulette? Same with option A I suppose, Mahrez is a luxury hit that you can be burned by Pep Roulette.
3) I suppose I’m biased, I still like what I am planning on doing, having KdB -> Bruno for 22 then straight back to KdB for 23 and only going with 2 assets for their DGW.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

GW22 team

Ramsdale
Trippier Thomas Shaw
Bruno Rashford
KDB Martinelli
Kane Haaland Gnonto

GW23 team

Ramsdale
Trippier Shaw Perisic
Kane Haaland

GW22 team

DDG
Trippier Thomas Shaw
Rashford
KDB Martinelli Odergaard
Kane Haaland Toney

GW23 team

DDG
Trippier Shaw Ake
KDB Martinelli Odergaard
Rashford
Kane Haaland Nketiah

Do we know how close Jesus is to returning?
Don't like Gnonto, but team A like you say looks more exciting.

I was wondering how you could afford KDB and all the rest, no Cancelo for one thing.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
1) I’d rather have Nketieh than Ramsdale for Arsenal’s double and going forward (until Jesus returns). Those 3 Arsenal spots are precious - and personally I’m not a fan of burning one on a GK, but that’s just me.
2) Isn’t Ake a bit of a luxury transfer for you in 23 in Option B? You may not have to take that hit, unless you’re convinced you’ll have solved Pep Roulette? Same with option A I suppose, Mahrez is a luxury hit that you can be burned by Pep Roulette.
3) I suppose I’m biased, I still like what I am planning on doing, having KdB -> Bruno for 22 then straight back to KdB for 23 and only going with 2 assets for their DGW.
Had a quick look to see if i could take a -4 to keep KDB and bring Bruno in, but no chance.
So i may well do what you say for option 3, and hope Cancelo has wangled back into favour for their double, but secure in also having KDB and Haaland.

The plan does depend on no price changes involving Martial, KDB, Bruno and Nketiah in between!

Guess I best do Martial to Nketiah tonight. Both have already changed value, and I spy Martial on -99.99 at the moment!

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Good point about 2 actually. No I don't need to take a hit really do I. Fair point

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Do we know how close Jesus is to returning?
Don't like Gnonto, but team A like you say looks more exciting.

I was wondering how you could afford KDB and all the rest, no Cancelo for one thing.
I think at least another month.

Yeah took Cancelo out during the world cup. One of the few smart things I've done this season.

0161_UNITED

Had a quick look to see if i could take a -4 to keep KDB and bring Bruno in, but no chance.
So i may well do what you say for option 3, and hope Cancelo has wangled back into favour for their double, but secure in also having KDB and Haaland.

The plan does depend on no price changes involving Martial, KDB, Bruno and Nketiah in between!

Guess I best do Martial to Nketiah tonight. Both have already changed value, and I spy Martial on -99.99 at the moment!
Aye, that’s why I went ahead and pulled the trigger, I had Martial too - if I don’t do it now I might not be able to afford Bruno back to KdB in 23.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Aye, that’s why I went ahead and pulled the trigger, I had Martial too - if I don’t do it now I might not be able to afford Bruno back to KdB in 23.
Think I'll do the same.

And then do Bruno closer to the games.

Any last thoughts of is it wise to take Martial out pre double is totally vindicated by needing to ship one of my 3 United to bring Bruno in anyway.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Of course I was overlooking the fact i have no ITB and Martial and Nketiah are 0.2m different :lol:

Go ahead and do that move AND KDB to Bruno then tonight?

0161_UNITED

Think I'll do the same.

And then do Bruno closer to the games.

Any last thoughts of is it wise to take Martial out pre double is totally vindicated by needing to ship one of my 3 United to bring Bruno in anyway.
I just can’t trust him (I.e. Martial) and the only reasonable alternative is going last minute with Shaw - Bruno - Weghorst in 22 vs not being able to have KdB - Nketieh with DGWs in 23. No Brainer for me, I took the hits. However, I also had to move from Saliba -> Nketieh because I had 3 Arsenal (Odegaard, Saka and Saliba) and I want Nketieh in that 3rd forward spot instead of Gnonto, Toney, Ferguson,etc. I also went all in on Brighton (brought in Mitoma and Esupinian against Bournemouth) - so if Brighton haul against Bournemouth - it was worth it.

I did:
Martial -> Nketieh
Saliba -> Estupinian
KdB -> Bruno

for a -8 to get to:

Kepa - Ward
Trips - Estupinian - Shaw
Bruno - Rashy - Odegaard - Saka - Mitoma
Haaland - Nketieh

subs: Kane (what??), Botman, Bueno and 3.3 mil ITB.

It’s so weird to have Kane on the bench. I plan to TC Rashford as well.

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Have done the Bruno & Nketiah move tonight.
Can move Bruno back to KDB if needs be next week, or instead move Almiron to Mahrez, who often seems to go big in doubles. (Or even Foden if he's back in favour!).

Have 3 Arsenal, so would have to move Martinelli out to get Odey or Saka.

0161_UNITED

Have done the Bruno & Nketiah move tonight.
Can move Bruno back to KDB if needs be next week, or instead move Almiron to Mahrez, who often seems to go big in doubles. (Or even Foden if he's back in favour!).

Have 3 Arsenal, so would have to move Martinelli out to get Odey or Saka.
I think that’s a wise move. Quite a few are really down on Martinelli right now, but if he’s the biggest problem in your side, it means you’ve got a really solid team, IMO.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Actually am I just missing the obvious here and that's to just lose Kane for a bit?

Nketiah and Bruno in for Almiron and Kane gives me 3 United, 3 Arsenal and still 2 City with loads of money to get a third City player the week after. Means I can play Toney at home to Southampton as well and start Andreas home against Forest the following week.

Only weakness with this is my Arsenal 3 is Ramsdale, Martinelli and Nketiah but I'd have funds to change Martinelli into Saka for example if it looked worth it.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town

GW22 team

Ramsdale
Trippier Thomas Shaw
Bruno Rashford
KDB Martinelli
Kane Haaland Gnonto

GW23 team

Ramsdale
Trippier Shaw Perisic
Kane Haaland

GW22 team

DDG
Trippier Thomas Shaw
Rashford
KDB Martinelli Odergaard
Kane Haaland Toney

GW23 team

DDG
Trippier Shaw Ake
KDB Martinelli Odergaard
Rashford
Kane Haaland Nketiah

Two is better. Arsenal attack is worth targeting... Nketiah could be a great differential.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I think I'll save my transfer as rolling two in the future is going to be a big advantage. I have three United players anyway and will be TCing Bruno, I got Odegaard and Martinelli which has my Arsenal quota covered. I honestly only feel that my urgent replacements are at GK (Sanchez, Ward) and a couple of minor changes in defence and midfield (Cancelo, Almiron) and even then the immediate calendar makes it acceptable to keep current team. I don't really want to make too many changes this year as it seems to be working out fine for me recently. Eg I might want to swap Mitrovic for someone else soon but I don't feel like it's sometihng I need to rush to do.

Red Star One

I didn't want to lose KDB but it seems like Bruno is a must have. 2 FT and I'm short of Toney/Almiron -> Nketiah, Bruno so there's a chance I go KDB/Almiron -> Bruno, Odegaard/Saka. Or just screw Arsenal and do Toney/Almiron -> Gnonto/Bruno, but maybe the Leeds lad is too much of a punt and too uncertain about minutes

kps88

Actually am I just missing the obvious here and that's to just lose Kane for a bit?
I'm thinking the same. Only downside is Kane's massive ownership where even a 6 pointer will hurt your rank.

Doing KDB out and in within a week does feel like madness when transfers are so precious.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I'm thinking the same. Only downside is Kane's massive ownership where even a 6 pointer will hurt your rank.

Doing KDB out and in within a week does feel like madness when transfers are so precious.
I could bring him back in 24 for Toney if need be. Surely worth the gamble over 2 game weeks especially when it opens up easy access to Bruno and Mahrez as well?

Last edited:

redcucumber

What happens now that Cancelo is off to Bayern? Will it require a transfer to remove him or is he gone automatically? Would be the fecking tits if it's the latter.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
What happens now that Cancelo is off to Bayern? Will it require a transfer to remove him or is he gone automatically? Would be the fecking tits if it's the latter.
He will be red flagged and you will need to waste a transfer to get rid