Books Fantasy Reads

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin

Murderbot Diaries - Martha Wells

#1 - All Systems Red
#2 - Artificial Condition
#3 - Rogue Protocol
#4 - Exit Strategy

What an amazing set of novellas. Each of them are short books at just under 200 pages and quite interesting. Protagonist is a TV serial loving part human/part machine (T2'esque) security bot with a dark past which calls itself Murderbot. The plot is narrated from his pov and weaves his interactions with his current team against his dislike for humans in general brilliantly. The middle books continue his adventures as he tries to figure out who/what he wants to be before coming back full cycle to a satisfying finale. A fun and adventurous read and you just can't help not liking Murderbot!

If you want a quick and interesting read, highly recommended!

8/10 for books individually and the series as a whole!

Last edited:

celia

I really enjoyed the first one, found book 2 weaker but still pleasant to read, and I don't remember much of 3 maybe because I did the mistake to read 3 before 2. Still got the last one to read.

But isn't it supposed to be the fantasy thread or SF is fine to talk here too?

Last edited:

Revan

Assumptionman
I really enjoyed the first one, found book 2 weaker but still pleasant to read, and I don't remember much of 3 maybe because I did the mistake to read 3 before 2. Still got the last one to read.

But isn't it supposed to be the fantasy thread or SF is fine to talk here too?
I think that this is a joint fantasy/sci-fi thread for most part. There is a large intersection of readers who read both genres, so no point having separate threads (it will reduce the number of active posters here, especially now that half the regulars have been banned or left Caf).

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
Is it actually the last book in the series? I'll have to read it at some stage regardless as I've read the other four
Yeah last book. Kip and Andross' characters are great but I couldnt really give a shit about any of the other characters. I can't even rant about it without giving away too many spoilers :lol:

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Yeah last book. Kip and Andross' characters are great but I couldnt really give a shit about any of the other characters. I can't even rant about it without giving away too many spoilers :lol:
Thanks. From memory, I think i liked the magic system in the books, more than the actual character for the most part

Revan

Assumptionman
I didn't know that it is already out. I thought that the quality of the books progressively (slightly) decreased, but have to read it to get closure.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin

Sufficiently Advanced Magic
- Andrew Rowe

It's like Kvothe is playing Crystal Maze!

(=) I doubt I've read another book where magical science (no, it's not a paradox) is dealt with in this detail. Author presents the magic system like readers are a class she teaches. Fascinating stuff but the sheer amount of details drags the pace and flow down to detriment of book as a whole. I love the details but hate the drag. So mixed emotions here.

The initial 10% of the book reads like a Dungeon Crawler game where characters clear a tower of hurdles moving up to harder levels which despite good writing still feels very game-esque and I wasn't that impressed. After that it switches to a School/Learning setting and that's when the pace picks up.

The author keeps the overall plot guessing and as book thunders to the finale, we get to know the full plot and book ends with plot tied up nicely and leading to book 2.

The world, setting and magic are brilliant. I didn't like how the author tried to use Asian mythology in naming character, but apart from that a genuine and novel effort. The magic system is new despite use of Mana (which I found cliches) but the way she described it makes up well to indulge all fantasy fanatics.

Overall despite my love for details, I wished the book was 30 pages shorter was towards the beginning and middle.

Highly recommended!

8/10

Last edited:

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
The Burning White #5 Lightbringer Series

Meh.
Just about done this too. Will post longer thoughts in spoiler tags, but it was a pretty solid series. Not top tier, but up there.

Last book felt llllooonnnngggg thoug . So much internal monolguing.

Revan

Assumptionman
No wonder you and me are the dominant spammers here :lol:

Did you read the new Expanse novella, Auberon?
Nope, I haven't actually read any of the Expanse novellas. 9 books for a series is enough.

Also, don't get banned. I don't want this thread to be my monologue place. :)

celia

At least, maybe you will still be read by lurkers.

-

I have started Deeplight by Frances Hardinge, I was a bit disappointed we have a male protagonist and I am still not taken by the beginning but I am sure it would turn out to be a good reading.

I may start too The Starless Sea even if some reviews are less positive. But I really enjoy reading the Night Circus though it has some obvious flaws.

Last edited:

Art Vandelay

I'm hoping to get A Little Hatred finished this weekend, it's been excellent so far but at the minute the characters don't hold up to the previous generation. I finally got time to sit down properly with it this week. Rikke feels a bit like a Logen-lite at times.

I've also been listening to the audio book of Fevre Dream in work, it's been excellent too. Very creepy atmosphere and I genuinely don't really know where it's going.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Finally got first mistborn book finished.

Was actually a decent read in the end. I've been advised by you good folk I could just leave it there, but I do have the next two books in my kindle library as I got all three books for £3 a couple of years ago. Decisions decisions.

I picked up Lies of Locke Lamora for £1 recently too and am tempted to try that next. What say you all?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Forget sanderson and read locke lamora, which is great

Art Vandelay

I agree with the Madrid fan. Read Locke Lamora.

Although I've yet to finish the third book, I found it a bit of a drag. The first two are excellent.

Art Vandelay

Finished 'A Little Hatred'. Liked it, especially the second half of it, but it is closer in quality to 'Before they are hanged' or 'Red Country' rather than 'The Last Argument of Kings', 'Best Served Cold' or 'The Heroes'. Still, a decent read, though I have to say that the set of characters is not as good as in the original trilogy, and the humour is kind of lacking. Large spoilers ahead:

RIP King Jezal. Unexpectedly so, until I read the name of the chapter (Long Live the King) and I knew what will happen. I believe he is only the second protagonist from the original trilogy who has died so far (after Marshall West).

RIP Wonderful! This death was totally unneeded, and it makes even more painful considering that she was killed from one of the 'good' characters.

I believe that Bayaz is involved in everything again. He killed somehow Jezal, and I guess he started both the war with the North and the rebellion. No idea why bar making chaos. He is still the most interesting character in the series though, and while I hope he will get eventually killed, I guess Joe is just going to make him even more powerful by the end of the series. You have to be realistic about these things.

Predictions:
'I saw a wolf, and I saw a lion, and the lion ate the wolf, and the lamb ate the lion and the owl ate the lamb'.

Next book is gonna be a war between the Union and an alliance of Angland - North. Leo probably will feel betrayed that the Union didn't help him, and didn't even send money but increased the taxes, and together with the Young Lion, now king of the north, will raise a war against Union (maybe Bayaz will manipulate him to do so). The union lead by the new King Orso (the young lamb) will win though.

And then the final book will have the Owl vs Lion. Owl is probably Savine (I don't think Joe will introduce a new main character, he never does that).

Have we seen the end of Logen Ninefingers? He should be old now, but as long as he goes berserk (Bloody Nine), there is nought which can stop him.
Just finished it myself and thought it was excellent. It feels like a set up book before everything happens. Meet my characters and here is the state of things kind of book. The characters felt a bit of a pale comparison to the previous characters, but came into their own by the end. Especially Savine and Rikke.

Although how the feck does Rikke rhyme with...

I agree with most of your predictions/theories except:

I think the owl might be Rikke. Something to do with her giant eyes and seeing everything. Say one thing for the Northmen, say they are literal in their naming of people. Shivers because he emerged shivering from a frozen lake. Dogman because he had a long face like a dog. etc. The Owl because of her big eyes isn't a huge stretch.

Agreed on Bayaz, he killed Jezal for some reason and is going to make a play to put Savine, Orso or Leo on the throne. Although, maybe there's something I don't remember, but I'm not understanding how Glotka is resisting Bayaz and his plans for so long. You'd think Bayaz would have had him removed by now if he wasn't going along with things.

From the moment Wonderful turned up I figured she would die. I thought Clover would go back to the mud too.

I suspect Zuri is an eater. A plot that's not been touched on much at all. Other than Khalul seems to have been dealt with and there's something going on to the west, which I assume is Cawneil. I want to know what's going on in the house of the maker with Tolomei.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Not sure how many here are follow SPFBO (Self Published Fantasy Blog Off), but some of the books are really good and refreshingly out of mainstream. It is a contest run by Mark Lawrence where books are rated by fantasy critics etc leading to a winner. If you haven't come across, give it a whirl and you might even like some

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin

We are Legion (We are Bob) - Bobiverse #1
- Dennis E. Taylor

Bob, sci-fi geek doesn't believe in afterlife,so he arranges to freeze his head after death so future medical tech can revive him. Unfortunately for him future turns out to be a theocratic society ruled by religious nutcases. To make things worse they revive him as a sentient intelligence they can control. Impending space colonization race forces them to use Bob as lead intelligence in a Von Neumann probe (self replicating builders) to spread the religion across the Galaxy and beyond.

Things take a downturn when the launch of Bob triggers a nuclear war destroying most of Earth leaving Bob in charge of colonization for near non-existent humanity. The story follows Bob who replicates himself to colonize the Galaxy and probably save the remnants of humanity.

----

Light and refreshing take on sci-fi. Absolute fun to read.

I've never read a book where all the major characters are clones of themselves with their own individual psyche's. The banter and interaction between them is well written.

Plot is also a new take on the space colonization theme and book 1 serves as a proper place setter with it's self-contained plot. Loved the humorous take on the failings of humanity.

Recommended - 7/10

celia

Finished Deeplight by Frances Hardinge (quite interesting but I wasn't invested enough).

I have started The Starless Sea and I will probably try to finish the first part and read maybe two chapters of the next one before dropping it if I am still not convinced. It was nearly completely uninteresting and I am not sure if it is good the only parts I was interested where the few pages of comments about video games. I was also wondering how these parts would be received from not-gamers.

I have also started after The Fairy Godmother (Five Hundred Kingdoms #1) by Mercedes Lackey, I was quite sure I won't like it because I disliked a novella set in this universe. But I like it, or at least it is a lot of more interesting than the Starless Sea.

Riz

I’m about 60% of the way through the final Mistborn book and fecking hell its been a slog. I feel obliged to finish it for the sake of completing the trilogy but it’s been such a slow read so far, hopefully the finale is worth the pay off?

TrustInOle

Was redirected here from 'The book theead' in hope of more insight.

Been excited to post here for a while, was patiently waiting my full membership. Avid reeader in mainly epic fantasy and the occasional detective story.

One question I have, has anybody read The realm of the Elderlings (ROTE) by Robin Hobb? Never fell inlove with a story or collection of characters as i did travelling through Fitz's life. But for over a year im at a loss as towhat to read next, so after learning ROTL had 6 seperate books linked to the main series, i jumped straight in, but have failed to get through thefirst book of the liveship traders and have questions if anyone could possibly help.

Mainly;
1. After completing Fitz life and knowing the ending to how the characters from liveship turn out, is there much to gain, story wise or lore wise that i wouldnt already know?
2. I cant connect with certain characters, knowing what I know from the main series, ie, a certain sexual abusive pirate. Will my opinions change on character reading this?
3.and finally, obviously there is conections in the final Fitz trilogy to the liveships and dragon traders, but the the other 2 trilogies link in to Fitz story whilst reading them?

Thanks for your help in advance and i look forward to getting to know people here more, always open to new suggestions to.

Call me Tio.....trustin ole haha

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Same here. I've read all Fitz books but not the Liveship and Dragon trilogies. Tried Liveship couple of times and gave it up. It's a good series on its own, but I have no interest in starting that now. There are better books outside the realm.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I’m about 60% of the way through the final Mistborn book and fecking hell its been a slog. I feel obliged to finish it for the sake of completing the trilogy but it’s been such a slow read so far, hopefully the finale is worth the pay off?
It was for me from what I can remember.

Revan

Assumptionman
Was redirected here from 'The book theead' in hope of more insight.

Been excited to post here for a while, was patiently waiting my full membership. Avid reeader in mainly epic fantasy and the occasional detective story.

One question I have, has anybody read The realm of the Elderlings (ROTE) by Robin Hobb? Never fell inlove with a story or collection of characters as i did travelling through Fitz's life. But for over a year im at a loss as towhat to read next, so after learning ROTL had 6 seperate books linked to the main series, i jumped straight in, but have failed to get through thefirst book of the liveship traders and have questions if anyone could possibly help.

Mainly;
1. After completing Fitz life and knowing the ending to how the characters from liveship turn out, is there much to gain, story wise or lore wise that i wouldnt already know?
2. I cant connect with certain characters, knowing what I know from the main series, ie, a certain sexual abusive pirate. Will my opinions change on character reading this?
3.and finally, obviously there is conections in the final Fitz trilogy to the liveships and dragon traders, but the the other 2 trilogies link in to Fitz story whilst reading them?

Thanks for your help in advance and i look forward to getting to know people here more, always open to new suggestions to.

Call me Tio.....trustin ole haha
Dunno, Liveship is my favourite series within RotE, but I don't think you will gain much on the main story by reading it (and you already know the ending).

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Books read for this year. Completed the 52 books task and a bit more!

01. The Dirty Streets of Heaven (Bobby Dollar #1) - Tad Williams - 6/10
02. Happy Hour in Hell (Bobby Dollar #2) - Tad Williams - 3/10
03. Sleeping Late on Judgement Day (Bobby Dollar #3 - Tad Williams - 1/10
04. The Crown Tower (The Riyria Chronicles, #1) - Michael J Sullivan - 7/10
05. The Rose and the Thorn (The Riyria Chronicles, #2) - Michael J Sullivan - 7/10
06. The Death of Dulgath (The Riyria Chronicles, #3) - Michael J Sullivan- 7/10
07. The Disappearance of Winter's Daughter (The Riyria Chronicles, #4) - Michael J Sullivan - 7/10
08. Kellanved's Reach (Path to Ascendancy #3) - Ian C Esselmont - 7/10
09. Rejoice, A Knife to the Heart - Steven Erikson - 9/10
10. Red Sister (Book of the Ancestor #1) - Mark Lawrence - 8/10
11. Grey Sister (Book of the Ancestor #2) - Mark Lawrence - 7/10
12. Tiamat's Wrath (Expanse #8) - James SA Corey - 8/10
13. Holy Sister - (Book of the Ancestor #3) - Mark Lawrence - 6/10
14. The Traitor God - Cameron Johnston - 5/10
15. The Heir of Eyria - Osku Alanen - 5/10
16. As Fire is to Gold - Mark McCabe - 6/10
17. Fid's Crusade (Chronicles of the Fid #1) - David Reiss - 9/10
18. Behind Distant Stars - (Chronicles of the Fid #2) - David Reiss - 8/10
19. Starfall - (Chronicles of the Fid #3) - David Reiss - 9/10
20. Kings of the Wyld - Nicholas Eames - 7/10
21. Soon I will be Invincible - Austin Grossman - 8/10
22. Big in Japan (Gailsone #1) - Casey Glanders - 7/10
23. Red Rook (Gailsone #2) - Casey Glanders - 6/10
24. Head of the Dragon (Gailsone #3) - Casey Glanders - 7/10
25. Skyward - Brandon Sanderson - 5/10
26. Copper Promise - Jen Williams - 6/10
27. Here be Dragons - David P Macpherson - 9/10
28. Past Tense (Jack Reacher #23) - Lee Child - 4/10
29. Theft of Swords (Riyria Revelations #1-2) - Michael J Sullivan - 8/10
30. Rise of Empire (Riyria Revelations #3-4) - Michael J Sullivan - 7/10
31. Heir of Novron (Riyria Revelations #5-6) - Michael J Sullivan - 8/10
32. Age of Myth (Legends of First Empire #1) - Michael J Sullivan - 8/10
33. Age of Swords (Legends of First Empire #2) - Michael J Sullivan - 8/10
34. Age of War (Legends of First Empire #3) - Michael J Sullivan - 7/10
35. Age of Legend (Legends of First Empire #4) - Michael J Sullivan - 6/10
36. Supremach's Shadow (Duelling Planets #1) - T Eric Bakutis - 6/10
37. Orconomics (Dark Profit saga #1) - J Zachary Pike - 7/10
38. Son of Liche (Dark Profit saga #2) - J Zachary Pike - 7/10
39. The Dungeoneers (Dungeoneers #1) - Jeffery Russell - 5/10
40. Vicious (Villains #1) - V.E Schwab - 8/10
41. Vengeful (Villains #2) - V.E. Schwab - 7/10
42. All Systems Red (Murderbot #1) - Martha Wells - 8/10
43. Artificial Condition (Murderbot #2) - Martha Wells - 8/10
44. Rogue Protocol (Murderbot #3) - Martha Wells - 8/10
45. Exit Strategy (Murderbot #4) - Martha Wells - 8/10
47. Sufficiently Advanced Magic (Arcane Ascension #1) - Andrew Rowe - 8/10
48. On Shoulders of Titans (Arcane Ascension #2) - Andrew Rowe - 8/10
49. Six Sacred Swords (Weapons and Wielders #1) - Andrew Rowe - 6/10
50. We are Legion We are Bob (Bobiverse #1) - Denis E Taylor - 7/10
51. Forging Divinity (War of Broken Mirrors #1) - Andrew Rowe - 7/10
52. Stealing Sorcery (War of Broken Mirrors #2) - Andrew Rowe - 7/10
53. Defying Destiny (War of Broken Mirrors #3) - Andrew Rowe - 7/10
54. Sword of Kaigen - M.L Wang - 6/10
55. Starsight (Skyward #2) - Brandon Sanderson -7/10
56. Gideon the Ninth (Locked Tomb #1) - Tamsyn Muir - WIP

TrustInOle

Same here. I've read all Fitz books but not the Liveship and Dragon trilogies. Tried Liveship couple of times and gave it up. It's a good series on its own, but I have no interest in starting that now. There are better books outside the realm.
This is also my problem, I have tried reading them a few times but never manager past the first book. At the same time, I'm struggling to find a read where the reader is connected to the cast emotionally and also the unique growth of the main characters, really seeing the consequences of life decisions.
Unfortunately have readers block and struggling to digest much else atm, gave Mistborn a try, but felt the story was very scattered, albeit i am still in first book.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
At the same time, I'm struggling to find a read where the reader is connected to the cast emotionally and also the unique growth of the main characters, really seeing the consequences of life decisions.
Riyria Chronicles, Riyria Revelations, Broken Empire, Book of Ancestor are all good choices in this regard. If you prefer a sci-fi standalone novel, Vicious (VE Schwab) is a excellent read.

Sanderson's Stormlight Archive is also easier to get into than Mistborn (but then the series won't be finished anytime soon).

Kvothe (Kingkiller books) is also very nice read. Brilliant prose, but a bit light in content and fits your criteria.

celia

I would say to maybe wait for the 3rd book of Kingkiller to be announced before reading the first book in case you like it so much you read the second one and like it then you wait and wait and wait. And maybe become fed up with the author. The 2nd book was released in 2011.

I like better Liveship than the first series.

--

I finished the Starless Sea, and I didn't like it at all. Long slow wandering book with shallow characters. And the writing that many find beautiful did nothing for me.

I have started Starsight (Skyward #2) by Brandon Sanderson.

Last edited:

The Don

Metrosexual Candy Shagger
Dayman, ahhhahhhahh, fighter of the nightman
Ok. This is a massive long shot but I read a fantasy book (maybe series) years ago and I have no idea what it's called or the name of the author or any of the characters. All I can remember is that it was about a young (magic?)girl, who is maybe part of a prophecy, gets saved by a man (maybe with a magic dagger) who I think couldn't die, there was definitely a group of travelers on an epic journey, a wyvern and a lute that played a magic song.

Anyone any ideas what this might be?
I eventually found out what this was. It was a series of 5 books called The Banned and The Banished, by James Clemens (aka James Rollins) I've just re-read the series again and I highly recommend it.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin

Gideon The Ninth
- Tamsyn Muir

"Lesbian necromancers in space" - Now with a blurb like that, how can you resist reading! :lol:

The blurb is mostly misleading but the book is well worth it. It starts with representatives of various houses of the Necromancer King set some tests to gain a powerful post and then transitions into a tastefully done whodunnit before reverting back to fantasy with a smashing climax.

The blurb for next book indicates bigger world setting and hopefully the novel stays true to it.

Liked it and will buy the next one when it comes out.

7/10

Fosu-Mens

Books read for this year. Completed the 52 books task and a bit more!

01. The Dirty Streets of Heaven (Bobby Dollar #1) - Tad Williams - 6/10
02. Happy Hour in Hell (Bobby Dollar #2) - Tad Williams - 3/10
03. Sleeping Late on Judgement Day (Bobby Dollar #3 - Tad Williams - 1/10
04. The Crown Tower (The Riyria Chronicles, #1) - Michael J Sullivan - 7/10
05. The Rose and the Thorn (The Riyria Chronicles, #2) - Michael J Sullivan - 7/10
06. The Death of Dulgath (The Riyria Chronicles, #3) - Michael J Sullivan- 7/10
07. The Disappearance of Winter's Daughter (The Riyria Chronicles, #4) - Michael J Sullivan - 7/10
08. Kellanved's Reach (Path to Ascendancy #3) - Ian C Esselmont - 7/10
09. Rejoice, A Knife to the Heart - Steven Erikson - 9/10
10. Red Sister (Book of the Ancestor #1) - Mark Lawrence - 8/10
11. Grey Sister (Book of the Ancestor #2) - Mark Lawrence - 7/10
12. Tiamat's Wrath (Expanse #8) - James SA Corey - 8/10
13. Holy Sister - (Book of the Ancestor #3) - Mark Lawrence - 6/10
14. The Traitor God - Cameron Johnston - 5/10
15. The Heir of Eyria - Osku Alanen - 5/10
16. As Fire is to Gold - Mark McCabe - 6/10
17. Fid's Crusade (Chronicles of the Fid #1) - David Reiss - 9/10
18. Behind Distant Stars - (Chronicles of the Fid #2) - David Reiss - 8/10
19. Starfall - (Chronicles of the Fid #3) - David Reiss - 9/10
20. Kings of the Wyld - Nicholas Eames - 7/10
21. Soon I will be Invincible - Austin Grossman - 8/10
22. Big in Japan (Gailsone #1) - Casey Glanders - 7/10
23. Red Rook (Gailsone #2) - Casey Glanders - 6/10
24. Head of the Dragon (Gailsone #3) - Casey Glanders - 7/10
25. Skyward - Brandon Sanderson - 5/10
26. Copper Promise - Jen Williams - 6/10
27. Here be Dragons - David P Macpherson - 9/10
28. Past Tense (Jack Reacher #23) - Lee Child - 4/10
29. Theft of Swords (Riyria Revelations #1-2) - Michael J Sullivan - 8/10
30. Rise of Empire (Riyria Revelations #3-4) - Michael J Sullivan - 7/10
31. Heir of Novron (Riyria Revelations #5-6) - Michael J Sullivan - 8/10
32. Age of Myth (Legends of First Empire #1) - Michael J Sullivan - 8/10
33. Age of Swords (Legends of First Empire #2) - Michael J Sullivan - 8/10
34. Age of War (Legends of First Empire #3) - Michael J Sullivan - 7/10
35. Age of Legend (Legends of First Empire #4) - Michael J Sullivan - 6/10
36. Supremach's Shadow (Duelling Planets #1) - T Eric Bakutis - 6/10
37. Orconomics (Dark Profit saga #1) - J Zachary Pike - 7/10
38. Son of Liche (Dark Profit saga #2) - J Zachary Pike - 7/10
39. The Dungeoneers (Dungeoneers #1) - Jeffery Russell - 5/10
40. Vicious (Villains #1) - V.E Schwab - 8/10
41. Vengeful (Villains #2) - V.E. Schwab - 7/10
42. All Systems Red (Murderbot #1) - Martha Wells - 8/10
43. Artificial Condition (Murderbot #2) - Martha Wells - 8/10
44. Rogue Protocol (Murderbot #3) - Martha Wells - 8/10
45. Exit Strategy (Murderbot #4) - Martha Wells - 8/10
47. Sufficiently Advanced Magic (Arcane Ascension #1) - Andrew Rowe - 8/10
48. On Shoulders of Titans (Arcane Ascension #2) - Andrew Rowe - 8/10
49. Six Sacred Swords (Weapons and Wielders #1) - Andrew Rowe - 6/10
50. We are Legion We are Bob (Bobiverse #1) - Denis E Taylor - 7/10
51. Forging Divinity (War of Broken Mirrors #1) - Andrew Rowe - 7/10
52. Stealing Sorcery (War of Broken Mirrors #2) - Andrew Rowe - 7/10
53. Defying Destiny (War of Broken Mirrors #3) - Andrew Rowe - 7/10
54. Sword of Kaigen - M.L Wang - 6/10
55. Starsight (Skyward #2) - Brandon Sanderson -7/10
56. Gideon the Ninth (Locked Tomb #1) - Tamsyn Muir - WIP
AC Cobbles "The Cartographer" series and "The Rage of Dragons" by Evan Winter is some books you might want to check out if you are not already aware of them.

edit: I see you have marked The Rage of Dragons as want to read on goodreads, so forget that i tried to assume that you did not know of the book.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
AC Cobbles "The Cartographer" series and "The Rage of Dragons" by Evan Winter is some books you might want to check out if you are not already aware of them.

edit: I see you have marked The Rage of Dragons as want to read on goodreads, so forget that i tried to assume that you did not know of the book.
How good is Cartographer? I have good reviews on book 1 and horrible ones on book 2.

You tracked.me on GR? :lol:

Last edited:

Fosu-Mens

How good is Cartographer? I have good reviews on book 1 and horrible ones on book 2.

You tracked.me on GR? :lol:
Currently reading the second. Seems good so far. Book 1 is not bad. Solid 5/7.

Took me 2 mins. Compared the ratings from the two least rated books from the list you provided and 1 reviewer matched. Dangerous to give information about internet activities in this day and age. Imagine me being a person of malign nature.