FAO Tottenham Hotspur | Fighting Cock Goes Into Meltdown | Glast...gone

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Levy won't buy the players he wants. He goes for the cut price options and overruled his managers.
Wasn't Pedro Porro a player Conte wanted? Levy spent 40m on a wing back when in all likelihood the next manager isn't going to want to play 5 at the back.

Chief123

Spurs keep digging the depths of spursyness to find the abyss is neverending.

The easiest route to CL football and they are still finishing 6th in a 2-horse race. :rolleyes:
The irony of a Liverpool fan bantering spurs who are 9 points ahead of them.

Chief123

@balaks I just wanted to give you a shite ton of credit for coming on here after losing. Genuinely.
Yep fair play to you @balaks - always turn up
Win, lose or draw.

I know it’s not easy on a rival forum which is delighted at spurs demise but you do your club proud standing up no matter what the result.

AFC NimbleThumb

Yep fair play to you @balaks - always turn up
Win, lose or draw.

I know it’s not easy on a rival forum which is delighted at spurs demise but you do your club proud standing up no matter what the result.
When did the [opposite of demise. . . ] ‘birth’.

More credit to @balaks than that Glaston fella though.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Spurs keep digging the depths of spursyness to find the abyss is neverending.

The easiest route to CL football and they are still finishing 6th in a 2-horse race. :rolleyes:
It's hardly easy, as they'd need to beat a resurgent United and a billionaire plaything Newcastle!

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Spurs fans booed Sanchez off when he came off in the 2nd half. I feel for him, it’s not nice when the fans turn on you like that.

48 hours

They are an FPL couple, of which the woman (Sam) is a Spurs fan.

Apparently they are also swingers, which is very cool as she’s (imo) highly bangable.
I imagine being a spurs fan and a swinger go hand in hand. They are used to finishing sixth

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Wasn't Pedro Porro a player Conte wanted? Levy spent 40m on a wing back when in all likelihood the next manager isn't going to want to play 5 at the back.
Porro is so lightweight isn't he? At fault for the first goal today.

Harsh on Sanchez to sub him off but how on earth is he still at Spurs?! Arguably the poorest CB in the top half.

If Spurs don't replace Kane adaquetly they'll be where Chelsea are this time next season.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

Harsh on Sanchez to sub him off but how on earth is he still at Spurs?! Arguably the poorest CB in the top half.

If Spurs don't replace Kane adaquetly they'll be where Chelsea are this time next season.
They could even be worse tbh.

kidbob

To be honest I have a weird interest in seeing Spurs without Kane. The match at Old Trafford this season was arguably our easiest game of the season. Even with Kane I've never been impressed with them this season so I honestly don't know how far they'd fall without him. I fear facing you guys at home much more than Spurs away in the next few weeks regardless of how bad we've been away from home and how good we've been at home. Nothing about them scares me except for the fact that they have a knack to win games they don't deserve too. Kane is a huge part of that so losing him could be a disaster.

Chelsea can still be a very good football team at times, they just can't score. Although sacking Potter has made them both a bad footballing team and unable to score. I felt they deserved a result against Villa in the game that got Potter sacked for instance, but they got killed by Brighton in all facets today.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
To be honest I have a weird interest in seeing Spurs without Kane. The match at Old Trafford this season was arguably our easiest game of the season. Even with Kane I've never been impressed with them this season so I honestly don't know how far they'd fall without him. I fear facing you guys at home much more than Spurs away in the next few weeks regardless of how bad we've been away from home and how good we've been at home. Nothing about them scares me except for the fact that they have a knack to win games they don't deserve too. Kane is a huge part of that so losing him could be a disaster.

Chelsea can still be a very good football team at times, they just can't score. Although sacking Potter has made them both a bad footballing team and unable to score. I felt they deserved a result against Villa in the game that got Potter sacked for instance, but they got killed by Brighton in all facets today.
Kane just bails them out constantly. I think the biggest problem is previous seasons when he's been injured Son's just stepped seamlessly in at CF. Now however he's lost a yard of pace and he can be more easily nullified in games so that's really bad long term for Spurs.

Richarlison totally flopped which surprised me, they need to go 4-3-3 to get more out of him. Not sure if Danjuma has quality for what they expect either.

They've been putting off replacing Lloris for many years now so need to get a younger keeper in and beyond Romero their defensive options are very poor.

CM is passable but will always get exposed against top class units.

You simply can't fix that in two transfer windows on top of Kane leaving.

Have they even signed Kuluveski and Romero permanently yet? That's 70-80m already spent on existing players who are part of team who might not even finish 6th now.

kidbob

Kane just bails them out constantly. I think the biggest problem is previous seasons when he's been injured Son's just stepped seamlessly in at CF. Now however he's lost a yard of pace and he can be more easily nullified in games so that's really bad long term for Spurs.

Richarlison totally flopped which surprised me, they need to go 4-3-3 to get more out of him. Not sure if Danjuma has quality for what they expect either.

They've been putting off replacing Lloris for many years now so need to get a younger keeper in and beyond Romero their defensive options are very poor.

CM is passable but will always get exposed against top class units.

You simply can't fix that in two transfer windows on top of Kane leaving.

Have they even signed Kuluveski and Romero permanently yet? That's 70-80m already spent on existing players who are part of team who might not even finish 6th now.
I'm pretty sure Romero is permanent but not sure on Kulu, @balaks might know?

On the rest, completely agreed. Even with Kane it'll take a lot of money and windows to build their team and squad. Without him its much harder as he is one of the best in World.

The problem for them is that I expect Arsenal to stay contenders (but maybe not as good as they are this season), United and Newcastle to stay strong and Liverpool and Chelsea to have more hope of getting it right than Spurs. Then you have Villa and Brighton who both look like they can keep challenging for 8th to 4th with the right decisions made. That's 8 clubs (including City) who I think look like they are in a stronger position than Spurs in the immediate future. Even if I'm wrong about 2 of them then top 4 still looks hard to get and maintain outside of years where a majority of those clubs have a bad season. For all Levy has achieved I feel he has held them back since halfway through Poch's reign.

moodyred

Sanchez was really terrible. Once he was subbed on, Bournemouth equalised. Sanchez literally just jogged along rather than closing down on the man who broke away from him. A can't be bothered attitude.

lysglimt

Scout
Spurs is a weird one - we deservedly take a lot of stick for our poor transfers over the last 10 or so years - but compared to Spurs we are brilliant. After the summer of 2015 when Spurs made 2 brilliant signings in Son and Alderweireld - it's mostly been a waste of money

This summer they spent about £150 million on 3 players who have either been awful (Richarlison), poor (Bissouma) or not playing at Spurs (Spence and Udogie) and Romero who has been...decent but not more.

Last year they signed Bentacour who has been good - and a bit of crap (Gill, Royal and Sarr). That was £100 million

The summer of 2020 - they signed Hojbjerg who has been good - and Reguilon, Rodon, Lo Celso and Doherty for £100 million

The summer of 2019 - almost £130 million on Ndombele, Clarke, Sessegnon and Bergwijn

No players signed in 2018 - just as well

2017 - Sanchez, Moura, Aurier, Llorente and Foyth - another £100 million

2016 - another £75 million on Sissoko, Jansen, Wanyama and N'Koudou

So over 7 seasons - they have spent close to £650 million - and have got 3 solid squad-players in Hojbjerg, Romero and Bissouma.....now that is impressive.

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
Tottenham bringing bottling to a whole new level? Holy feck!

Abraxas

Conte laughing away, absolutely right about the state of most of these players
Laughing at what? This is his assistant and what he left behind. No surprise his member of staff is worse than him, but I don't think there's much to take glee in.