FAO Tottenham Hotspur | Fighting Cock Goes Into Meltdown | Glast...gone

Brophs

The One and Only

He’s the brains behind the Nick Speed Twitter account.

Last edited:

lysglimt

Scout
Well in fairness, Spurs are playing with a fairly weakened side - Romero, Son, Maddison, Kane, Bissouma, Vicario, Porro, Davies and Kulusevski are all starting...

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Well in fairness, Spurs are playing with a fairly weakened side - Romero, Son, Maddison, Kane, Bissouma, Vicario, Porro, Davies and Kulusevski are all starting...
They could do with a striker. I know I will regret saying that. They had a pres-season game postponed, so look like a side who are not quite sharp in front of goal yet.

Malkovich

Looks like they are signing Alejo Véliz, a signing I recommended earlier when nobody was talking about him. Very promising striker at the Argentinian league. I should be a scout.

SirScholes

Joke club
Talk sport has been flooded with fans saying “they got their club back”? It’s never left, they’ve always been the nearly club.
First couple games mean little, and they were lucky Bruno missed a sitter in the first half.

nice to see them bomb out of the first silverware of the season at the first hurdle, new manager new season same Tottenham

Devil81

If you're a Spurs fan you are livid. No European football means plenty of rest periods between games. You can afford to go full strength in every match.

A full strength Spurs side should march through this competition. Fair enough Fulham would have always been difficult but surely give yourself the best opportunity and hope for weaker opposition in the next round.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Pretty sure that the board decides which competitions have priority, and this wasn't one of them.

caid

Pretty sure that the board decides which competitions have priority, and this wasn't one of them.
It never made sense. League Cup, FA Cup, Europa League were all plausible trophy wins in previous years. League and Champions League were always going to be a hail mary, once in a lifetime upset. If its the board driving the disinterest in these competitions then they should be replaced as a prime source of the 'lads its spurs' banter and weakness at the club.