FAO Tottenham Hotspur | Fighting Cock Goes Into Meltdown | Glast...gone

Djemba-Djemba

They have a manager that everyone knows will be gone within a few days of the season ending.

I just don't see how that's a sustainable situation for them making top 4.

They have a chance because Kane will always score goals and that will get them through some games but I just don't see them finishing ahead of us.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I would probably be back in the ref corruption thread if that penalty was given against us to be fair. How does VAR not overturn that? How does the ref think its a foul to begin with?

Blood Mage

They're so wildly inconsistent this season. Really good on their day but total shite the next. A bit like us I guess but our bottom level is slightly higher.

RedRocket9908

Oh dear, Conte going full Jose Mourinho in his interview blaming the players, the owners, and everyone else except himself for the teams situation.

lex talionis

Horrible pk decision, right out of the Anthony Taylor/Andre Marriner playbook, but Spurs were only up by one goal late in the match. They have no one to blame except Levy.

hobbers

Oh dear, Conte going full Jose Mourinho in his interview blaming the players, the owners, and everyone else except himself for the teams situation.
He's not wrong though.

'Why? Because they're used to it. They play 20 years with this owner and win nothing'

daba

With Spurs doing a Spurs - who would we prefer to get 4th? Newcastle or Liverpool?

daba

Why is that question even necessary?
Why is it not?

This thread is about Spurs who are looking more and more likely to let that 4th spot slip to someone else.

My question is simply who would people prefer?

Liverpool or Newcastle? Our rivals or a club who could quickly become another dominating force like Man City, who getting 4th could accelerate their progress and potentially beat us to competitive signings in the summer?

I’m simply curious to hear the general consensus of other fans.

cyberman

Why is it not?

This thread is about Spurs who are looking more and more likely to let that 4th spot slip to someone else.

My question is simply who would people prefer?

Liverpool or Newcastle? Our rivals or a club who could quickly become another dominating force like Man City, who getting 4th could accelerate their progress and potentially beat us to competitive signings in the summer?

I’m simply curious to hear the general consensus of other fans.
Newcastle you weirdo.

TheGodsInRed

They're so wildly inconsistent this season. Really good on their day but total shite the next. A bit like us I guess but our bottom level is slightly higher.
Our base level is a fair bit higher. Definitely not our bottom level though (4-0, 6-3, 7-0 etc.)

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
This guy from RAWK gets it:

Spurs aren't called the Everton of London for nothing, though.

Spurs' biggest claims to fame of recent years is losing a CL final, losing a League Cup final, and finishing above Liverpool for five years. That's it. They're perennial underachievers; they finished third in a two horse race, and saw Liverpool leapfrog them to CL and PL glory.

They have the same chronic problem as Everton - they want to be seen as a big club but have a small club mentality. They're best period in recent history has been when other, traditionally big hitter clubs have fallen on tough times, and even then they've failed to capitalise on those moments.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
This guy from RAWK gets it:
There’s no doubt they’ve had some strong sides in the last few years but they’ve lacked a strong squad and a strong leader. On top of that you have a chairman who is generally very tight with his money. You need to spend to build, maintain and continue to grow on your strengths. They’ve failed to do this and prioritized slapping a shiney coat of paint on their car rather than maintain the source of the power, the engine.

Spurs certainly lacked an elite coach at the right time. A Mourinho MK 1 who could change the psychology of the club from “we’re one of the top sides” to “we are the best and we will fight you to prove it”.

Even at their strongest I was never afraid of playing them. We smashed them in the FA cup Semi Final 5-1 in 2012, we smashed them in the Fa cup semi final in 2017 4-2 and we deservedly stopped them winning the league with the Battle of Stamford Bride in 2016. Despite being considered the weaker side at the time.

Ultimately I don’t believe they have ever been in a position to capitalise on the positions they found themselves in, through sheer naivety, foolishness and greed. They wrongly considered themselves to be one of the best teams in England when they simply had a strong side with favourable conditions.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
What happened to Glaston?
He moved into Spurs' trophy room, nibbling cheese in stained underwear while absent-mindedly stroking a picture of Pochettino in a worn down frame, muttering to himself 'what if the real trophies are the enemies i made on football forums along the way'.

suheilsworld

He moved into Spurs' trophy room, nibbling cheese in stained underwear while absent-mindedly stroking a picture of Pochettino in a worn down frame, muttering to himself 'what if the real trophies are the enemies i made on football forums along the way'.
ha ha!
Apart from Glaston, another reason to love seeing Spurs suffer is the couple from FPL Family. Sam is a die hard supporter but so biased in her FPL reviews. Goes missing during the GWs when Spurs under perform. Lee supports LIverpool. What a couple!

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
There’s no doubt they’ve had some strong sides in the last few years but they’ve lacked a strong squad and a strong leader. On top of that you have a chairman who is generally very tight with his money. You need to spend to build, maintain and continue to grow on your strengths. They’ve failed to do this and prioritized slapping a shiney coat of paint on their car rather than maintain the source of the power, the engine.

Spurs certainly lacked an elite coach at the right time. A Mourinho MK 1 who could change the psychology of the club from “we’re one of the top sides” to “we are the best and we will fight you to prove it”.

Even at their strongest I was never afraid of playing them. We smashed them in the FA cup Semi Final 5-1 in 2012, we smashed them in the Fa cup semi final in 2017 4-2 and we deservedly stopped them winning the league with the Battle of Stamford Bride in 2016. Despite being considered the weaker side at the time.

Ultimately I don’t believe they have ever been in a position to capitalise on the positions they found themselves in, through sheer naivety, foolishness and greed. They wrongly considered themselves to be one of the best teams in England when they simply had a strong side with favourable conditions.
I think that is a bonkers take - we are clearly nowhere near our peers in terms of the ability to spend money yet you say greed is one of the things holding us back? How does that work? We clearly had one of the best sides in England for several years despite not having the same resources as our rivals yet all we get is grief for it. 'Get back in your box' attitude from arrogant people.

Oranges038

I think that is a bonkers take - we are clearly nowhere near our peers in terms of the ability to spend money yet you say greed is one of the things holding us back? How does that work?
Because Levy wouldn't sell Kane for 100m????

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Because Levy wouldn't sell Kane for 100m????
Why should he? The expectation from the fans of the sort of clubs who would want to sign Kane is so fecking arrogant it really is. He is our player while he is under contract and it's totally our right not to sell him if we don't want to.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
There are other threads to discuss Spurs, this one is about their fan forum cock thing…

Oranges038

Why should he? The expectation from the fans of the sort of clubs who would want to sign Kane is so fecking arrogant it really is. He is our player while he is under contract and it's totally our right not to sell him if we don't want to.
He doesn't have to.

But I am fairly sure when people combine Spurs with greed, this is where it comes from.

Halftrack

What happened to Glaston?
Last thing he was doing was arguing concepts he didn't even have a surface level understanding of with his usual bullishness and arrogance.

So I'm guessing that his posting style and all-round charming personality generated enough reports that the mods finally decided that they'd had enough.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
I think that is a bonkers take - we are clearly nowhere near our peers in terms of the ability to spend money yet you say greed is one of the things holding us back? How does that work? We clearly had one of the best sides in England for several years despite not having the same resources as our rivals yet all we get is grief for it. 'Get back in your box' attitude from arrogant people.
Levy is holding your club back. In order to remain on top you must spend. You prioritized a stadium over the team and you’re paying for it. You can have the nicest stadium in the land if you want but it’s trophies that matter in sport. You typify your clubs small club mentality.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Levy is holding your club back. In order to remain on top you must spend. You prioritized a stadium over the team and you’re paying for it. You can have the nicest stadium in the land if you want but it’s trophies that matter in sport. You typify your clubs small club mentality.
Levy is holding our club back I agree with that but we simply do not have the financial resources of many of our rivals - that's just a fact. The stadium is the only possible way we can hope to compete financially in the future without us getting bought by a country. I'm not biting on your little jibe at the end there which is just childish.