FAO Tottenham Hotspur | Fighting Cock Goes Into Meltdown | Glast...gone

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Because we refused to sell our best player at less than what we thought he was worth? Is that greed? :houllier: This is so dumb.
You celebrated Conte for speaking the truth about players playing for themselves. What do you expect Kane to do when he’s forced to stay even with big money on the table, and the only chance he has for glory is personal accolades? What do you expect to happen to the dressing room when your captain goes through that in public, and is visibly unhappy thereafter?

Spurs played their cards poorly there. It’s tough to swallow, selling a player for less than you think they’re worth, but sometimes it’s worth it to avoid poisoning the well. It’s not like a pittance was offered. You just wanted more money than anyone was willing to pay, which was driven by greed. And the refusal to go below that was driven by excessive pride. It clearly contributed to this decline in team morale.

Oranges038

Because we refused to sell our best player at less than what we thought he was worth? Is that greed? :houllier: This is so dumb.
I can only asume that's what people mean by greed. Levy held the poor lad to ransom on his 6 year deal.

People look at it as a missed opportunity to cash in and reinvest in the squad. That money could have been spent elsewhere, but honestly looking at Spurs transfers for the last few years.

They have spent plenty of money, but spent it very badly, they never replaced the CBs properly or Eriksen. And to think they could somehow manage to find a way to replace Kane...

You have a squad half full of full backs and signed players for 25/30m+ only to send them out on loan again, but then brought more players in on loan on top of that to fill out the squad.

And on top of all that hired Mourinho and Conte of all people.

I wouldn't trust that lot to go to the shops for the paper.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
You celebrated Conte for speaking the truth about players playing for themselves. What do you expect Kane to do when he’s forced to stay even with big money on the table, and the only chance he has for glory is personal accolades? What do you expect to happen to the dressing room when your captain goes through that in public, and is visibly unhappy thereafter?

Spurs played their cards poorly there. It’s tough to swallow, selling a player for less than you think they’re worth, but sometimes it’s worth it to avoid poisoning the well. It’s not like a pittance was offered. You just wanted more money than anyone was willing to pay, which was driven by greed. And the refusal to go below that was driven by excessive pride. It clearly contributed to this decline in team morale.
I don't see how us not selling our best player at less than we felt he was worth (which is our decision to make) is something to be unhappy about - I wanted Kane to stay and was delighted when City failed to sign him. He sulked a bit for a few months but then he got over it and has been brilliant since then, this is because he is a very professional player (and also a Spurs fan). I expect the same to happen this summer and I'm totally fine with that. We sold Bale for mega bucks and basically squandered all that money (apart from Eriksen) so I have no confidence in the club to not do the same thing if we got £100 million or whatever for Kane. I'd much rather keep Kane in the side personally even if that means he goes for free in a year or two.

RedRocket9908

BREAKING: Tottenham have suffered a double blow with both Julian Nagelsmann and Roberto De Zerbi reluctant to become their new manager.

- talkSPORT sources understand

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Why should he? The expectation from the fans of the sort of clubs who would want to sign Kane is so fecking arrogant it really is. He is our player while he is under contract and it's totally our right not to sell him if we don't want to.
Thinking long term is actually probably a bad call. When you’re not made of money as you say you should sell high and use the funds to evaluate the rest of the squad. Losing him for free later or keeping him whilst he declines makes no sense. Especially when the rest of your squad is mediocre. Liverpool sold Coutinho for example.

If Spurs were a smarter club they should have been in a position to compete with Dortmund for both Halaand and Adeyemi

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
They have spent plenty of money, but spent it very badly, they never replaced the CBs properly or Eriksen. And to think they could somehow manage to find a way to replace Kane...
This is the problem with Spurs right here, absolutely woeful management of the team and recruitment. Funny thing being they got rid of the CB Foyth who is actually looking the goods for Villareal, probably up there in the conversation for best defender in La Liga this season.

And they kept Sanchez who would not look out of place playing for Southampton. And Dier, I can understand as a backup option, but never a starter for a team seeking top 4. You see any calamitous defending by Spurs and it is either of these two involved 90% of the time. Richarlison, never a 60mil player, Ndombele is just Taraabt v2.0 and they blew 60mil or so on him, Lo Celso injured most of his time at Spurs, Gil not sure about.

The only 2 in recent memory I can think of that have been good are Bentancur and Kulusevski, I think Perisic is past it. Royal has quietly been improving to be fair to him, was a total clown when he first arrived. Too early to know with Porro and Danjuma.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
BREAKING: Tottenham have suffered a double blow with both Julian Nagelsmann and Roberto De Zerbi reluctant to become their new manager.

- talkSPORT sources understand
Deja Vu. Levy should have known this after he sacked Mourinho and was turned down by practically everyone.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
This is the problem with Spurs right here, absolutely woeful management of the team and recruitment. Funny thing being they got rid of the CB Foyth who is actually looking the goods for Villareal, probably up there in the conversation for best defender in La Liga this season.

And they kept Sanchez who would not look out of place playing for Southampton. And Dier, I can understand as a backup option, but never a starter for a team seeking top 4. You see any calamitous defending by Spurs and it is either of these two involved 90% of the time. Richarlison, never a 60mil player, Ndombele is just Taraabt v2.0 and they blew 60mil or so on him, Lo Celso injured most of his time at Spurs, Gil not sure about.

The only 2 in recent memory I can think of that have been good are Bentancur and Kulusevski, I think Perisic is past it. Royal has quietly been improving to be fair to him, was a total clown when he first arrived. Too early to know with Porro and Danjuma.
Romero has been pretty good too, I'd say.

Regarding the bolded part, most definitely. Terminating Doherty's contract after finding out they can't loan him due to having the max. amount of players on loan speaks volumes. That's amateur stuff at the highest level of football.

Oranges038

To judge their squad management.

All you have to do is look at their loan list. Most them are players they've paid decent money for over the last few years. They must have close to 200m in signings out on loan. I know some of these guys are young enough like

But, Lo Celso, Ndombele, Reguillon, Rodon are all 25/26. At that age if they are good enough, they should be first team regulars, not out on loan.

Gil, Udogie and Spence are 20/22. They might have time on their side.

Then they go and loan in 4 or 5 players to replace these lads.

It's a fecking terrible way of managing a squad.

Chief123

I absolutely love this club. Such a joy every weekend! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

They’ll get spanked next week at St James park too!

ForeverRed1

I don't see how us not selling our best player at less than we felt he was worth (which is our decision to make) is something to be unhappy about - I wanted Kane to stay and was delighted when City failed to sign him. He sulked a bit for a few months but then he got over it and has been brilliant since then, this is because he is a very professional player (and also a Spurs fan). I expect the same to happen this summer and I'm totally fine with that. We sold Bale for mega bucks and basically squandered all that money (apart from Eriksen) so I have no confidence in the club to not do the same thing if we got £100 million or whatever for Kane. I'd much rather keep Kane in the side personally even if that means he goes for free in a year or two.
you want to keep him for another season so he can walk out for free the following year? Even if he doesn’t want to be there anymore? The fact you will probably get around the 100million mark for him and you’d rather keep him for nothing says it all. It’s time for you guys to move on, you’ll possibly even be better for it.

Chief123

A draw there would be perfect for us.
I’d rather Newcastle win and push spurs further away from the top 4. It’s better to have only one of them challenging for it than both.

If we win our games in hand and Newcastle beat them, that’s 12 points ahead of spurs. That would be too 4 sealed.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
you want to keep him for another season so he can walk out for free the following year? Even if he doesn’t want to be there anymore? The fact you will probably get around the 100million mark for him and you’d rather keep him for nothing says it all. It’s time for you guys to move on, you’ll possibly even be better for it.
Without Kane we would be relegation candidates. We simply cannot lose him.

SinNombre

I’d rather Newcastle win and push spurs further away from the top 4. It’s better to have only one of them challenging for it than both.

If we win our games in hand and Newcastle beat them, that’s 12 points ahead of spurs. That would be too 4 sealed.
Brighton are more likely to finish in the top 4 than Spurs at this point. In fact, they would be a lot closer if they hadn't gotten screwed over last week.

A draw is great for us, and Brighton.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
But you’re going to lose him very soon anyway. He will leave you for nothing the following year. Unless he signs a new deal of course.
I don't trust the club to spend any money we got for him on decent players because our recruitment is so poor. Id much rather have Kane for another season and lose him for free if he doesn't sign.

ForeverRed1

I don't trust the club to spend any money we got for him on decent players because our recruitment is so poor. Id much rather have Kane for another season and lose him for free if he doesn't sign.
interesting. If you manage to get nagelsmann I’d be interested to see what players he would want in. If your kitty is around 100mil and you get 100mil for kane, I reckon he would bring in some
Good players. He’s pretty respected in the game and has some pull.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
interesting. If you manage to get nagelsmann I’d be interested to see what players he would want in. If your kitty is around 100mil and you get 100mil for kane, I reckon he would bring in some
Good players. He’s pretty respected in the game and has some pull.
Levy won't buy the players he wants. He goes for the cut price options and overruled his managers.

eire-red

I agree with you. It's nigh on impossible to replace a player like Kane in the transfer market, and Spurs have so many other positions they desperately need to upgrade.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Their forum:

Origin is unreachable

Error code 523

What happened?
The origin web server is not reachable.
What can I do?
If you're a visitor of this website:
Please try again in a few minutes.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Spurs keep digging the depths of spursyness to find the abyss is neverending.

The easiest route to CL football and they are still finishing 6th in a 2-horse race. :rolleyes:

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Spurs keep digging the depths of spursyness to find the abyss is neverending.

The easiest route to CL football and they are still finishing 6th in a 2-horse race. :rolleyes:
Yet still a better season than Liverpool and Chelsea with a fraction of their resources. Go figure

suheilsworld

Spurs gonna spurs!! Watching sad face of Sam from FPL family is such a treat, albeit she goes kissing after they lose. No fpl tips for a week