FAO Tottenham Hotspur | Fighting Cock Goes Into Meltdown | Glast...gone

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Except it wasn’t even meant as a typical Glaswegian jibe.

That’s what I find fascinating. It’s not as if Spurs were on the forefront of European Football. Either Giorgi read SAF autobiography or Spurs are the laughing stock of all of Europe.
They’re the laughing stock of London mate never mind Europe.
Feel sorry for the fans not the club management. As Jamie Redknapp said last night, he gets away with it because there are no fans in the stadium. If he served that up in front of a full house, there would be a lot of rumblings.

Don’t think Levy could ignore it.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Actually not that ridiculous if you stop and think about it

I mean, Lloris, Kane, Hojberg and NDombele are pretty much locks, and it's not unreasonable to have Son and Aurier as well...

There's really very little between these two teams in individual quality
:lol:

LoSpritz

Just googled “Fighting Cock” to understand what this thread was on about.
Don’t recommend you do the same.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
I was thinking during the game how poor their fitness levels were, we were the same when Jose was our manager.
And that used to be one of his strong suits. He surrounded himself with fitness-oriented people, guys like Rui Faria.
The Athletic did a really interesting piece saying how he and Faria believed strongly in tactical periodisation theory (yup first time I've heard of it too!) It basically says all training must be done with the ball to replicate real match situations, which sounds fine until you realise that what gets dumped is gym sessions, input from fitness and stamina coaches and science based fitness tools such as GPS tracking

The sports science department that had been cultivated under Ferguson was largely dismantled by Mourinho, whose strategy instead leant heavily on interpreting player fitness for himself. Mourinho did not want “the tail wagging the dog” with support staff using data to advise on player fitness. He was determined to lead on appropriate selections.....

...Mourinho did ease his reluctance over GPS entering his third season at United, at the behest of Stefano Rapetti, who had joined as head of fitness after a stint at Inter Milan that coincided with Mourinho’s time in charge at San Siro. Sources say this alteration in approach was among the factors that led to Faria severing his 17-year, six-club bond with Mourinho in the summer of 2018. “Rui is quite a strong character,” says a source. “They fell out philosophically. Mentally, that was a big loss. Jose had been with Rui from day one.”
I'd imagine that effectively ignoring your fitness department and eschewing sports tech for your on opinion based on experience would have lot to do with why United and then Spurs under Mou seem to have dropped their overall fitness levels.

Full article here https://theathletic.com/2506644/202...ide-story-of-fireworks-tensions-and-trophies/

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
The Athletic did a really interesting piece saying how he and Faria believed strongly in tactical periodisation theory (yup first time I've heard of it too!) It basically says all training must be done with the ball to replicate real match situations, which sounds fine until you realise that what gets dumped is gym sessions, input from fitness and stamina coaches and science based fitness tools such as GPS tracking

I'd imagine that effectively ignoring your fitness department and eschewing sports tech for your on opinion based on experience would have lot to do with why United and then Spurs under Mou seem to have dropped their overall fitness levels.

Full article here https://theathletic.com/2506644/202...ide-story-of-fireworks-tensions-and-trophies/
That really is interesting, I remember reading during his 2nd Chelsea stint that it was the other way around and the coaching was more fitness and less football, though I can't remember the source - it may not have been a reputable one. He did used to manage to keep key players fit over long periods despite playing so many games, so it made some sense.

The above is surprising though. Jose's style of football appears to require stamina above all else, so it's strange he would sacrifice gym work for 100% focus on football, particularly as his teams haven't had a noticeable style of play for some time. They definitely do look to tire quickly, and that dates back to us and the tail end of his 2nd Chelsea stint.

Is the above somewhat why Lukaku left United the size of a house? He looks very lean these days.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
That really is interesting, I remember reading during his 2nd Chelsea stint that it was the other way around and the coaching was more fitness and less football, though I can't remember the source - it may not have been a reputable one. He did used to manage to keep key players fit over long periods despite playing so many games, so it made some sense.

The above is surprising though. Jose's style of football appears to require stamina above all else, so it's strange he would sacrifice gym work for 100% focus on football, particularly as his teams haven't had a noticeable style of play for some time. They definitely do look to tire quickly, and that dates back to us and the tail end of his 2nd Chelsea stint.

Is the above somewhat why Lukaku left United the size of a house? He looks very lean these days.
I wonder (and this is pure speculation now) if, when he and Faria first started at Chelsea they effectively knew more about fitness than a lot of other people, so were able to judge for themselves when people should play and when they shouldn't etc, but fifteen years on sports science has evolved so much that everyone using it has caught up and then moved past them. In a similar fashion to the diet changes Wenger made when he first arrived at Arsenal, everyone thought it was weird at first and then caught on pretty quickly!

RashyForPM

Lloris is still comfortably one of the best gks in the league. But henderson's been good too, sure.

Ah, i was going position by position based on yesterday's starting XI. Yeah, i'd go with aurier over wan-bissaka and lloris over henderson, but otherwise agree with that
I just don’t see it with Lloris. Even in his absolute prime, he dropped some absolute clangers. World class saves are minimal these days and people only don’t bring up his frequent mistakes anymore because he won the World Cup, where he still made one of the stupidest, if not worst, mistakes a top keeper can make. Henderson had the best XG to goals conceded ratio in the PL last season and I think we can agree that he hasn’t regressed.

Aurier over AWB is debatable because I don’t rate AWB on the ball at this point (tbh, he’s one of the 4 players I feel we could upgrade on easily), but Aurier is very Lloris-like. So clumsy. Even Mourinho told him directly that he has the capacity to give ‘shit penalties’ away. Slightly better than AWB going forward, but at the back, he can be disastrous. Remember that rugby tackle against Leicester too? Awful.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Too many Daily Mirror/Sun readers get brainwashed by red top papers who are AGAINST Tottenham. If you lose Mourinho in his first full season in charge (with none of his players bought) you go back to square one which is what your enemies want.

The media scorned Mourinho when he joined Spurs and wanted him to fail while Woolwich hired rookie Arteta and had no such criticism. Arteta has flopped even with MASSIVE SKY support to force referees to give all their dives and David Luiz headbutting Jimenez deliberately not condemned, but when McTomaney does hit Son in the face clearly it's derided as a bad call on Sky (Woolwich TV).

The Spurs fans on here have a go at their own team and their own manager rather than Sky or the FA or media. These Spurs fans are the worse fans any club could want.

They are spoilt brats feeling entitled and have no loyalty or even half a brain to see the big picture. I wish they would go support Crystal Palace and complain about them because they drag Tottenham down when they should be looking at other factors.

Oh, Mourinho isn't perfect either. He left out Alderweireld for no good reason. Lloris was poor on two goals also. José said they all gave 100%, I think Lloris gave about 25% (as usual).
You are the worst poster who ever lived.
feck off.
Why the feck is this taking so long
he’s sacked managers for much less
How is this chelsea rat still here
The cup final and this alleged clause in his contract regarding European football are the only things in my mind. What else could it be?
I’m really worried Levy is still in love with him
I know mate.
Once we get back in the stadium he won't last long. Mourinho will get dogs abuse - his position will be untenable.
His ego won't allow for 90 minutes of feck off Mourinho getting belted out by 60,000

YAMS49

Alderweireld over any of our defenders too apparently. And Reguilon is better than Shaw of course.
I can handle these two, there's a slight argument for both imo... I actually rate Reguilon as a wing back very highly.

But Lo Celso over Pogba & Bruno is a complete fecking joke. It's Shutter Island plastic revolver material.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Gone after the cup final or after top 4 is officially gone?
To be honest I’d quite like them to finish outside the top 4 but then give City a severe bumming just to ensure he stays another season. The meltdown is just too good.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Just googled “Cock Meltdown” to understand what this thread was on about.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I wonder (and this is pure speculation now) if, when he and Faria first started at Chelsea they effectively knew more about fitness than a lot of other people, so were able to judge for themselves when people should play and when they shouldn't etc, but fifteen years on sports science has evolved so much that everyone using it has caught up and then moved past them. In a similar fashion to the diet changes Wenger made when he first arrived at Arsenal, everyone thought it was weird at first and then caught on pretty quickly!
I think this is spot on - it's so deeply ironic that Mourinho has wound up following in Wenger's footsteps after constantly ribbing him about it.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Just googled “Cock goes into” to understand what this thread was on about.

OverratedOpinion

Actually not that ridiculous if you stop and think about it

I mean, Lloris, Kane, Hojberg and NDombele are pretty much locks, and it's not unreasonable to have Son and Aurier as well...

There's really very little between these two teams in individual quality
I do not get why people are calling this a wum post.

This is the same thing that happened with us when Mourinho was here. Everyone thought all our players were crap and that we needed an entirely new team.

Although I disagree about Aurier who I think is shite. Might be a little recency bias after watching Pogba eat his lunch yesterday.

Alemar

People are just pre-bitter because Levy won't sale us Kane in the summer, it's pathetic. Makes me absolutely sick to see the jealously.
It’s up to Levy - he will have a demotivated striker on the books, not us. With the progress we are making, it won’t be difficult to lure decent calibre players going forward.

Besides, if we improve midfield (and thus forwards will have better service), then our strikers will also start to score more - so it may actually be more important to strengthen other areas first

Ventura

Just went to thefightingcock.co.uk to understand what this thread was on about.

Absolutely recommend you do the same*.

*May exceed your daily recommended salt intake.

Judas

Open to offers
It’s up to Levy - he will have a demotivated striker on the books, not us. With the progress we are making, it won’t be difficult to lure decent calibre players going forward.

Besides, if we improve midfield (and thus forwards will have better service), then our strikers will also start to score more - so it may actually be more important to strengthen other areas first
Yeah maybe, I was just taking the piss really.

Crustanoid

Jose breaks everything he touches these days. And after having had the lack of enjoyment of life under Jose I feel for them. No one should be penalised to having him as your manager. No one.
It is quite funny it’s Spurs, especially after the way they behaved yesterday

Raw

It's eerie how similar the fans' opinion of him is to how we were under his tenure. So so happy that toxic bellend isn't clouding our club any longer.

Fully Fledged

It's eerie how similar the fans' opinion of him is to how we were under his tenure. So so happy that toxic bellend isn't clouding our club any longer.
And me. Never wanted him. Put up with him while he was here but I'm damn glad that he is somebody else's problem now.

SwedishFish

I can handle these two, there's a slight argument for both imo... I actually rate Reguilon as a wing back very highly.

But Lo Celso over Pogba & Bruno is a complete fecking joke. It's Shutter Island plastic revolver material.
Reguilon isn't bad going forward but he's in no way as defensively solid as Shaw.

The main thing about that Spurs side is whilst it's stacked with brilliant attacking players, they lack quality in midfield and defense. They got completely overrun yesterday.

I think Højbjerg is the standout player there but the players around him aren't up for it at all.

vodrake

Yup, In a nutshell.

If we could take Levy out of everything football and just use him as a glorified accountant that would be perfect.
As well as all the posts about Mourinho, this also sounds awfully familiar :lol:

cjj

Supports
Spurs
Just went to thefightingcock.co.uk to understand what this thread was on about.

Absolutely recommend you do the same*.

*May exceed your daily recommended salt intake.
Just to clarify, it's not really representative of anything. The clue is probably in the name. It's a collection of people who are usually banned from other sites.

The unfortunate reality is that the noise is all from semi-psychotic people at the moment. I expect a lot of people like myself have completely swerved their "own" club's forums because it's almost always unpleasantly overrun by dissenters, or people who see it as "their right" to be keyboard warriors whenever reality isn't reflective of their FM saves.

YAMS49

Reguilon isn't bad going forward but he's in no way as defensively solid as Shaw.

The main thing about that Spurs side is whilst it's stacked with brilliant attacking players, they lack quality in midfield and defense. They got completely overrun yesterday.

I think Højbjerg is the standout player there but the players around him aren't up for it at all.
Agreed, in a 3-5-2 he would look a far better player. As would Doherty at RWB. Their squad balance for a set formation is all over the place. They have full backs better suited as wing backs & a centre midfield with little creativity. Højbjerg, whilst a very good holding mid, is actually a limited player. I'd argue you can't play him centre mid in a wing back system, it would be far too defensive. Better defensive full backs would actually help them a lot.

I don't watch a lot of Spurs, because they are twats, but haven't they played a wing back system this season at all?

cjj

Supports
Spurs
I don't watch a lot of Spurs, because they are twats, but haven't they played a wing back system this season at all?
There was a wonky full back system earlier in the season (left wing was full back, right wing was wing back).

The issue is, often, that Doherty is a RW in denial, Reguilion is better forwards than he is back, Davies is the complete opposite. Aurier is pretty well rounded, but is a bit like Lloris in that he can have a shocker out of nowhere.

I get the feeling Jose might be expecting too much footballing intelligence from the back lines, and they run into each other too much. Doherty was probably hindered by the COVID thing, but besides that he's not really been used in the same way he was at wolves, so no idea why we bought him unless it was a Mendes bribe.

Ventura

Just to clarify, it's not really representative of anything. The clue is probably in the name. It's a collection of people who are usually banned from other sites.

The unfortunate reality is that the noise is all from semi-psychotic people at the moment. I expect a lot of people like myself have completely swerved their "own" club's forums because it's almost always unpleasantly overrun by dissenters, or people who see it as "their right" to be keyboard warriors whenever reality isn't reflective of their FM saves.
So the (close) second most active Spurs forum and the first thing you get if you google 'tottenham hotspur forums' is just a bunch of psychotic cast-offs. You sure have a lot of them then, it seems?