Gaming Far Cry 6 - Oct 7th 2021

Bojan11

Upgrade to the PlayStation®5 version: "Far Cry 6" PlayStation®4 digital game provides you with a free upgrade to the later "Far Cry 6" PlayStation®5 digital game. You will need a PlayStation®5 console or PlayStation®5 digital console, a PlayStation® Network account, additional storage space, and a broadband internet connection (download size to be determined)
Welcome to Yara, a tropical paradise frozen in time. As the dictator of Yara, Anton Castillo is intent on restoring his nation back to its former glory by any means, with his son, Diego, following in his bloody footsteps. Their ruthless oppression has ignited a revolution.

FIGHT FOR FREEDOM
Play as Dani Rojas, a local Yaran and become a guerrilla fighter to liberate the nation

YARA TORN APART
Fight against Anton's troops in the largest Far Cry playground to date across jungles, beaches and Esperanza the capital city of Yara

GUERRILLA FIREPOWER
Employ makeshift weapons, vehicles, and Amigos, the new Fangs for Hire to burn the tyrannical regime to the ground
Leaked from the Hong Kong PSN store.

LARulz

I don't get why you'd want to play it twice just cos it's on a different console? They need to have multiple stories/endings to make that worthwhile otherwise most who are getting the PS5 will just wait I think

b82REZ

I don't get why you'd want to play it twice just cos it's on a different console? They need to have multiple stories/endings to make that worthwhile otherwise most who are getting the PS5 will just wait I think
This is just to push sales on current gen.

More and more games in the coming months will offer free upgrades to next gen or else they risk just not selling.

macheda14

Rumours are coming out that PS5 and series x might be the first time in a while where game prices are raised by about a tenner. So my plan for any games that do this will be to buy the PS4 version when the price drops and then upgrade it on the ps5.

Bojan11

Also most people are not buying a next gen console straight away. So it be nice if you buy Far Cry 5 and further down the line you can transfer your save to the next gen version.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Nice. Giancarlo Esposito is always good so hopefully this’ll be a quality game.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
As long as its better than the shit show that was Far Cry 5. 3 and 4 were quality, 5 was dog shit.
The production of 5 and some of the storyline was top notch, some of the game mechanics were a step down from 4 though.

Bebe

Seems like the right time to ask whether I should give 4 or 5 a try. Loved 3, haven't played anything in the series since.

evil_geko

Seems like the right time to ask whether I should give 4 or 5 a try. Loved 3, haven't played anything in the series since.
Same, haven't touched FC since 3, and I did find even third one that is widely regarded as best, pretty repetitive. Second one I haven't even finished.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Never played 5 but might be tempted to pick up 6. Just watched the gameplay and it looks pretty fun.

JohnZSmith27

What? 4 was probably the best of the lot
I thought it was terrible. Pagan Min was a crap main enemy. Plus the radio guy was annoying as feck. The little helicopters were fun though. 3rd one is the best of the lot imo.

Bebe

Same, haven't touched FC since 3, and I did find even third one that is widely regarded as best, pretty repetitive. Second one I haven't even finished.
Yeah I don't expect much from either 4 or 5. But after a decade or so, I think I've got the enthusiasm for 30 hours or so of the far cry formula before I start rolling my eyes at "skin 5 more whatevers for extra ammo".

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
5 has surprisingly good reviews. Skill up thought it was great. But I don't know if I'm up for a ubisoft open world game right now

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I loved 4 and 5. A bit repetitive but I enjoyed the challenges of the different bases and the story in 5 was really cool.

I am really looking forward to this one

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Actually looks really fun. Looking forward to it.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
This is actually out pretty soon. I've been trying to find out more about it without seeing spoilers but it's quite difficult. There's lots of playthroughs of the first hour or so on YouTube.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I always enjoy the Farcry games for the first few hours until I realize that what I've done for those first few hours is the exact same thing I'll be doing for the next 40.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I always enjoy the Farcry games for the first few hours until I realize that what I've done for those first few hours is the exact same thing I'll be doing for the next 40.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
That's most games tbf.

I usually tend to enjoy sandboxes despite their limitations. I enjoy the freedom to just wander round and do things at my own pace. Trying to come up with different ways to approach things.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
That's most games tbf.

I usually tend to enjoy sandboxes despite their limitations. I enjoy the freedom to just wander round and do things at my own pace. Trying to come up with different ways to approach things.
Not most good games.

What I mean is that there's no variety to any of the level design or the world. It's just all samey. You approach an enemy camp or whatever in the same way at the start as you do later on in the game. It just gets boring. The best sandboxes introduce you to new mechanics and such as you go along to keep things fresh. Ghost of Tsushima is a good recent example, the combat later in the game is very different to earlier in the game.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Not most good games.

What I mean is that there's no variety to any of the level design or the world. It's just all samey. You approach an enemy camp or whatever in the same way at the start as you do later on in the game. It just gets boring. The best sandboxes introduce you to new mechanics and such as you go along to keep things fresh. Ghost of Tsushima is a good recent example, the combat later in the game is very different to earlier in the game.
I get what you mean (in that a lot of bases feel copy paste) but again there's different ways to do it each time.

GOT suffered from similar in that the missions were all 'go here, do this' or fetch quests from essentially faceless characters.

FC6 won't be the game to make the leap and change the genre but hopefully one game will do soon.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Ubisoft, open world, straight in the bin.
I'm so bad at remembering which studios are good at what things.

Always enjoyed these games for what they are though so I'm gonna get it.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
I find games like this are good because you can put it down, go aware for 3 months and come back to it.
Just Cause is the same. No need to play it 30 hours straight.