Television Fargo (tv series)

Cina

Nah, it's like they took the script for the film and stretched it out into a TV series. It's worse than Criminal Minds coming up with new serial killers loosely based on the previous week's plot of Dexter.
Yeah I get you, plus the character's aren't as good either. Macey played it better than Freeman. McDormand was better than that Molly girl (although she's the best character in it) and Buscemi/the silent guy were better than Billy-Bob is. I also don't think the 10 hour format suits it. Fargo worked so well because it was a 98 minute snapshot of these weird accents and comical characters, phrases and conversations. Stretching that over 10 episodes makes it a bit ... dull.

walsh

Yeah I get you, plus the character's aren't as good either. Macey played it better than Freeman. McDormand was better than that Molly girl (although she's the best character in it) and Buscemi/the silent guy were better than Billy-Bob is. I also don't think the 10 hour format suits it. Fargo worked so well because it was a 98 minute snapshot of these weird accents and comical , charters, phrases and conversations. Stretching that over 10 episodes makes it a bit ... dull.
This makes a bit more sense and obviously it's not as impactful or ground-breaking as the film. It stands on it's own two feet perfectly well though in my opinion.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I don't even understand what that means because obviously it has completely different characters and plot lines. It takes inspiration from the film, it's not linked at all.
Ooh yeah completely different characters, like the dopey loser guy who even tries hard to look like William H. Macy? :lol:

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Yeah I get you, plus the character's aren't as good either. Macey played it better than Freeman. McDormand was better than that Molly girl (although she's the best character in it) and Buscemi/the silent guy were better than Billy-Bob is. I also don't think the 10 hour format suits it. Fargo worked so well because it was a 98 minute snapshot of these weird accents and comical characters, phrases and conversations. Stretching that over 10 episodes makes it a bit ... dull.
I'm not sure that Buscemi and the other guy should be compared to Billy B Thornton - they are reflected in the jew and the deaf guy in the series.
Agree with you overall but I'm still somehow enjoying it, I just love the atmosphere and soundtrack.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Christ almighty. That episode was the most mind numbingly dull hour of TV I've watched in a long time. Would feck it off altogether if there wasn't only two more left.

Compete shit. Implausible, nonsensical drivel, clearly being written on the fly with entire plot strands that go nowhere and others that are complete filler.

Cina

I was going to post something similar earlier but I didn't think 53 minutes of utter boredom like that was worthy of spending 20 seconds finding the thread for.

Just awful.

Cina

The chief and his foster kid telling Molly the story. What the f*ck?

The moment they skipped forward a year I basically realized for sure that the plot is a load of drivel and is secondary to referencing the film, i.e making Molly pregnant

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The chief and his foster kid telling Molly the story. What the f*ck?

The moment they skipped forward a year I basically realized for sure that the plot is a load of drivel and is secondary to referencing the film, i.e making Molly pregnant
Yep. What was the entire purpose of that blackmailing subplot besides giving Billy Bob something to do?

An on duty cop gets strangled in the hospital toilet and the deaf guy let free but apparently nobody gives a shit.

Neither does anyone need to follow up on the clear picture of the chief suspect after a 22 person massacre which matches you know... the other pictures of him and numerous eye witness accounts.

But it's OK though because we got a 'funny' story about Sauls foster kid getting his luggage stolen.

Just feck off.

harms

Staff
oh, somehow I thought that this was a season (and overall, obviously) finale.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Pretty good episode that tbf. The diner scene was Tarantinoesque or for a Coen Bros reference akin to the coin toss scene in No Country.

Minor plot gripe -
No way that Billy Bob can't easily find out where Lester lives. He's been almost omnipotent throughout the show.

Cina

That was really good, nice change from how awful the previous few episodes were. Hopefully it ends strongly.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Once again I worry how seriously people take TV shows. Suspend your disbelief or simply don't watch it. I've no idea why people give it all the "worst episode ever" stuff and then continue to watch the next episode.

Weirdos.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Once again I worry how seriously people take TV shows. Suspend your disbelief or simply don't watch it. I've no idea why people give it all the "worst episode ever" stuff and then continue to watch the next episode.

Weirdos.
What a shit post. Starting off by constructing a straw man argument then veered off into nazi Germany territory by telling people how to watch TV shows.

Will not read anything from this poster again. Just awful.

Cina

I saw it last night and didn't even see the point in responding. What a f*cking idiotic way of thinking.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Sounds like it's the 'thinking' that seems to be the issue.

We should all just stare at the screen blinking and enjoying the different shapes and sounds.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
no. not for me at least. Im quite enjoying this. As i watch this I found myself laughing a lot, while the more darker scenes are really well made as well.

gonna miss Linda :(

Cina

Good ending, that. The music from the film was a nice touch too.

Show was a mixed bag for me. Some great stuff and some awful stuff. It definitely would've benefited having fewer episodes

Drifter

American
Enjoyed the series.Malvo was the perfect villain and lester got more despicable the longer it went on .Did need to work on that accent though.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
enjoyed that series. Loved how Billy Bob was the most intimidating thng on TV I've seen in a while.

JackXX

The start and the end were great. The middle part I'm not really sure what was going on or why? Probably just filler I guess to get a series out of it. Anyway definitely worth watching but probably could have been wrapped up in four or five episodes.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
What a load of sh*t this was.
Wasn't it. A shame because it started very promisingly. It was just a load of old nonsense though with entirely superflous sub plots and none of the quirk or wit from the movie.

The start and the end were great. The middle part I'm not really sure what was going on or why? Probably just filler I guess to get a series out of it. Anyway definitely worth watching but probably could have been wrapped up in four or five episodes.
Exactly. Apart from the end.

RedBistro

I loved the TV series, then I watched the movie after, and I have to say the movie is terrible!

The TV series ended a bit shit, but American TV shows never seem to end well (Breaking Bad another poor ending in my book).

Cina

I loved the TV series, then I watched the movie after, and I have to say the movie is terrible!

The TV series ended a bit shit, but American TV shows never seem to end well (Breaking Bad another poor ending in my book).
Whut? The movie is far better.

harms

Staff

Whaat?