Television Fargo (tv series)

gza the genius

I read that it's got different characters to the film? They seem pretty much identical from the trailers though, is it more of an "inspired by" type thing? Looking forward to it anyway, will catch it at the weekend.
There are different characters but you can clearly see who they are modeled after from the movie, for the most part. Totally different plot though.

I enjoyed the first episode quite a bit, it'll be interesting to see where it goes from here.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Thought the first ep started poorly, but really picked up in the second half. Certainly worked to get me excited for the rest of the series.

RORY65

I have never seen the film, is it worth watching.
Yes, it's brilliant so you should definitely watch it. I was very sceptical about them making the television show but that was a really promising first episode.

Donut

So on which days is this actually available on world wide web? I thought it was going to be attainable today?

scorgasm

Last Man Standing champion 2020/21
First episode got a lot better as it went on, poor beginning but will watch a few more before deciding it isn't for me. Haven't seen the film so that's a job for me over the next week or two.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I loved the film and didn't really have an interest in the show until I saw a preview of it at the cinema and it looked quite good. Is it worth watching?

RedBistro

Second episode was a bit boring, hopefully that was the last of the character developement and ground work/storyline setting before it picks up again.

First episode was brilliant!

Sally Cinnamon

I think the second episode lacked the interaction between Freeman & Billy Bob Thornton.

The scenes with Bob Odenkirk and the female cop were pretty funny. I like her, seems a very good actress.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Finally got around to watching the first ep. The use of this:
...was very entertaining. I also liked "sometimes I tell people you're dead!". Looking forward to the rest.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I thought it was an interesting if obvious and too quick character development in the main character (what's his name again?), how he went from saying 'oh heck' to 'oh hell' after becoming a killer. In fact I predicted it as soon as he said 'heck' more than once.

Sally Cinnamon

Absolutely loved that episode.

Is this a one-season-type-deal?

Last edited:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Caught up with the first three episodes yesterday and today. Enjoying it. Cracked up when Freeman ran into the wall in his basement in the first ep.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It's really weird that there doesn't seem to be any direction. Like, what is actually happening?
It adds to the strange, mysterious vibe of the show.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
I've never seen the film, but I'm really enjoying this. Might just watch the film after the series has finished rather than watching it inbetween.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Oh yeah for those asking "do I need to have seen the movie?" earlier in the thread - the opening scene of this week's episode will make a lot more sense of you've seen it.

I'm not sure how I feel about it being a direct sequel though.

My initial thoughts that they were doing a riff on certain characters from the film but it being a separate universe appears not to be the case. So now I just think, why is there a load of people that are almost carbon copies of people from the film but are not directly linked? Seems silly. Unless they link them later, I dunno.

walsh

Oh yeah for those asking "do I need to have seen the movie?" earlier in the thread - the opening scene of this week's episode will make a lot more sense of you've seen it.

I'm not sure how I feel about it being a direct sequel though.

My initial thoughts that they were doing a riff on certain characters from the film but it being a separate universe appears not to be the case. So now I just think, why is there a load of people that are almost carbon copies of people from the film but are not directly linked? Seems silly. Unless they link them later, I dunno.
I've seen the film but judging from this comment I must have missed something...

Deleted member 78215

Really needs to up the tempo, in my opinion. Just not really that interesting or engaging.

JackXX

I'm not sure why they keep showing the "This is a true story" before every episode it just makes it totally meaningless. It's never been based on a true story but when used once before the film was an ingenious trick to play as it was half believable. This TV series is even further removed from reality and they play it every week...

Really needs to up the tempo, in my opinion. Just not really that interesting or engaging.
Agree will be interesting how it unwinds but they did so much in the first episode (which I really enjoyed) it has always made me wonder in which direction they are going to go.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I've seen the film but judging from this comment I must have missed something...
Well the opening scene is a (movie spoiler alert)
flashback that clearly follows on from the end of the movie as the character played by Oliver Platt finds the case with the ransom money that Steve Buscemi buried before he was killed and put in the wood chipper.