Television Fargo (tv series)

Nialler

Alex's Dad
I love the fact that it all started from a simple car crash in which Peggy panicked.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Yep. Be interesting to see where it goes. They've paced it far better than the first season, really feels like it's all building up to a big bloody mess.
Definitely to the massacre referred to in season 1, been strongly hinted many times this season. I just wonder who will survive it (well obviously Lou, but apart from him, I think maybe Peggy and not many others)

Cina

Definitely to the massacre referred to in season 1, been strongly hinted many times this season. I just wonder who will survive it (well obviously Lou, but apart from him, I think maybe Peggy and not many others)
There was a massacre reference in season 1? I really haven't caught many references to S1 mainly because S1 was so forgettable and I drank a lot last summer.

Rooney in Paris

Scout
There was a massacre reference in season 1? I really haven't caught many references to S1 mainly because S1 was so forgettable and I drank a lot last summer.
:lol:

Yeah. You got that Lou (Patrick Wilson) is the father of the woman cop of season 1, right? In season 1, his older version was played by Keith Carradine, and during a discussion with BB's character he talked about a case he had worked on, the Sioux Fall massacre.

Which is what this season has been building up to.

Cina

:lol:

Yeah. You got that Lou (Patrick Wilson) is the father of the woman cop of season 1, right? In season 1, his older version was played by Keith Carradine, and during a discussion with BB's character he talked about a case he had worked on, the Sioux Fall massacre.

Which is what this season has been building up to.
yeah I got the whole Lou and Maggie thing. I don't even remember that above scene though :lol:

Tarrou

Probably my favourite episode of either of the seasons so far. The characters are so well put together and work perfectly with each other. I think I've mentioned it before but I prefer this season by a long way.

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
Meat Damon saying "We thank you" to the native :lol:

Another great episode. Did they announce a third season? Or is this it?

Revan

Assumptionman
Thought that this episode was a bit shit, tbf. Going full Sin City and then the fecking aliens.

Rooney in Paris

Scout
I thought it was excellent. Great build up, a lot of tension, and the bloodbath we'd been expecting all season. The aliens just illustrated how pointless and absurd the whole chain of events was (since Peggy hit Rye back in the first episode), and I thought it worked very well. 'It's only a flying saucer Ed' by Peggy was great :lol:

I thought they might keep the massacre for the last episode, wonder how it'll all end now.

Revan

Assumptionman
I thought it was excellent. Great build up, a lot of tension, and the bloodbath we'd been expecting all season. The aliens just illustrated how pointless and absurd the whole chain of events was (since Peggy hit Rye back in the first episode), and I thought it worked very well. 'It's only a flying saucer Ed' by Peggy was great :lol:

I thought they might keep the massacre for the last episode, wonder how it'll all end now.
Sure, but I was expecting slightly more realistic. Not a dude getting hit on his head with a bullet, then getting shot another couple of times and still almost suffocating the cop. At that stage, it looked more Sin City than Fargo.

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
Season finale airs in 4 hours.

I'm probably gonna stay up late it and watch it instead of waiting until the next day. Hope this great season ends on a high and wraps up nicely.

Donut

I guess they wrapped it all up, but this isn't how I'd expect a season finale. The load was blown in episode 9.

Still, overall it was a great season. 9/10 for me.

Drifter

American
Nice wrap up episode. Overall a very good season. Mike never expected that.

Last edited:

Revan

Assumptionman
Good season (better than the first one), but the finale was a bit boring.

DouLou

Been caught pooping
That ending was complete shit.

They made a subtle connection with Hanzee becoming the mob boss in season 2

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-wa...finale-revealed-a-hidden-secret-from-season-1

Is that meant to be satisfying in any way? Like... first of all there was no idea I'd ever had figured this out, and then knowing it just kinda takes a steaming dump on Hanzees character anyways. So he turns into that old bald bloke who died halfway through season 1... Rubbish!!

Amir

It is horrific when you need to be either a season 1 nutter who remembers everything or just read about it on the net, in order to understand that's Hanzee. Even more idiotic than the spaceship.

Oh well, it was still a good season.

Rooney in Paris

Scout
I thought it worked well and they'd earned a more mellow episode to wrap things up. I definitely didn't find it boring, I'd become so invested in the characters over the course of the season that I was completely gripped, once again. Peggy's monologue about maybe being tried federally so she could serve her time in San Francisco was half hilarious, half heartbreaking. I've said it most weeks for the past few episodes, but Dunst did some truly great work on this.

I'd love it if the next few seasons had the same levels of consistency, but it's definitely set the bar very high.

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
I thought it worked well and they'd earned a more mellow episode to wrap things up. I definitely didn't find it boring, I'd become so invested in the characters over the course of the season that I was completely gripped, once again. Peggy's monologue about maybe being tried federally so she could serve her time in San Francisco was half hilarious, half heartbreaking. I've said it most weeks for the past few episodes, but Dunst did some truly great work on this.

I'd love it if the next few seasons had the same levels of consistency, but it's definitely set the bar very high.
Totally agree. I enjoyed it more than the shootings and killings.

jem

jem

That ending was complete shit.

They made a subtle connection with Hanzee becoming the mob boss in season 2

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-wa...finale-revealed-a-hidden-secret-from-season-1

Is that meant to be satisfying in any way? Like... first of all there was no idea I'd ever had figured this out, and then knowing it just kinda takes a steaming dump on Hanzees character anyways. So he turns into that old bald bloke who died halfway through season 1... Rubbish!!
I find it interesting, especially when it appears that those two kids he was watching became the hitmen in season 1. More a curio than anything else, but interesting nonetheless.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
I guess it's good that they somehow connected Season 1 and 2, albeit only proper tv junkies could spot that chain linking those seasons. So that is a bit meh.
Otherwise it was a brilliant ending. I liked the fact that Hanzee wasn't caught.
I didn't get the story with the cowboy dude who wanted to be king. Was that some kind of corporate piss taking?

Rooney in Paris

Scout
'Somehow connected'? Some of the main characters from season 1 were in season 2 (younger versions), and the buildup to the big episode of season 2 was heavily referenced in season 1. The links were quite clear.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
It was a great series and you didn't need to notice the links. Superb performances all round.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
'Somehow connected'? Some of the main characters from season 1 were in season 2 (younger versions), and the buildup to the big episode of season 2 was heavily referenced in season 1. The links were quite clear.
exactly... Hanzee is supposed to become mr tripoli isnt he
http://fargo.wikia.com/wiki/Moses_Tripoli
http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...oses-tripoli-season-2-finale-recap-palindrome
Im sure season three (set in 2010) will connect more dots as well

Rooney in Paris

Scout
At least not for me.
I can understand the Hanzee one which was really subtle (I hadn't noticed it), but Lou Solverson being the main character and having a daughter named Molly was quite a big one for me. The 'Sioux Falls massacre' was also quite clear, but maybe that one wasn't as noticeable as I thought.

Pscholes18

Just finished season 2....excellent all the way around. I really can't stand Dunst but she was quite good in this. Fair play to her.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Just finished series two, and both were absolutely brilliant. However:
What the feck was the UFO about? And no one seemed to really care?
Also really didn't like the ending of series two. Was too fairytale like. I thought we'd get to find out more about Hanzee and what he's up to, or we'd have a bit of an emotional ending with Betsy. Everyone lived besides the bad guys (and poor Ed).

I'm hoping series 3 will briefly go into a few things from series 2, but in all likelihood it'll be a brand new cast and storyline.

Ivor Ballokov

Just finished series two, and both were absolutely brilliant. However:
What the feck was the UFO about? And no one seemed to really care?
Also really didn't like the ending of series two. Was too fairytale like. I thought we'd get to find out more about Hanzee and what he's up to, or we'd have a bit of an emotional ending with Betsy. Everyone lived besides the bad guys (and poor Ed).

I'm hoping series 3 will briefly go into a few things from series 2, but in all likelihood it'll be a brand new cast and storyline.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/fien-print/fargo-finale-zahn-mcclarnon-hanzees-848536