Television Fargo (tv series)

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Nah, I feel the UFO underlines the absurdity of the whole story, which is an underlying theme throughout the season, and it works very well. The way Peggy reacts to it in the 9th episode is perfect and it pays off, imo.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
I love this show.

First season had a better cast, and an incredible first episode, but I think the second could be even better. I'm only on episode four but I love how it's introducing you to all the characters and setting up all the pieces for the inevitable mayhem to come. This guy's great as well:

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Nah, I feel the UFO underlines the absurdity of the whole story, which is an underlying theme throughout the season, and it works very well. The way Peggy reacts to it in the 9th episode is perfect and it pays off, imo.
I thought it a bit silly and an unnecessary and pointless distraction from a great show.

JackXX

Just watched the second season over the past week and thought it was brilliant. I enjoyed the first season but season 2 is on another level. Hanzee is such a cool character.

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
Just finished season 2. That was brilliant I can't wait for 3.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Finally got around to starting season 2. Just watched the first episode and it was awesome. Perfectly cast. Different characters, but they seem familiar from the same Fargo universe if you know what I mean. I remember liking the first season, but don't recall it being this good. Can't believe how much weight Jesse Plemons put on for his role. Also took a while to recognize Kirsten Dunst with those funbags. Looking forward to seeing the rest.

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
Watched the whole 2 series in about a week. Absolutely loved both series, except for the season 2 finale which let me down a little.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
You are right, the last episode of season 2 was a huge let down. Apart from that it was superb and even better than season 1. Although the strange moment in episode 9 didn't really do it for me

Parma Dewol

Watched both seasons in the past couple of weeks and thoroughly enjoyed it. Only problem know is that I keep saying "oh yeah" in a funny accent whenever someone asks a question.

My only criticism is that I'd have preferred season two before season one. I'm not too keen on prequels because you have an idea of what will happen, but even so, it was a cracking show with some truly excellent characters.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Season 3 dropping in April.
Can't wait for this!

Thought season 2 was absolutely top drawer. I thought Kirsten Dunst absolutely nailed her role.

Donut

Is it going to be a brand new story? I don't quite remember how season 1 ended, but I think they haven't left much room for continuation?

Revan

Assumptionman
Is it going to be a brand new story? I don't quite remember how season 1 ended, but I think they haven't left much room for continuation?
The bad guy was killed in the end of the first season, while Dr. Watson died too. Clearly that story cannot be continued, same as can't be continued the story of the second season.

So likely, it will be a new story.

decorativeed

I've finally gotten around to watching the first season, which I was into for the first few episodes, then stayed with for morbid curiosity until the episode in Vegas, which was completely nonsensical - "Is this what you want Lester?" Why would anyone make that decision?!

It was shot really well, looked great, had a good cast, Thornton was good despite the fact he just seemed to be the way he was purely because he could be written that way... But it just left me cold. The film was fairly violent but it had that dark humour and Coen dialogue, which was largely absent in this, which seemed to try to make up for it with more gratuitous violence. For me, it is a turn off. And I say that as someone who grew up watching Robocop on a regular basis!

Anyway, should I continue with season 2 or would I be just as critical?

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I've finally gotten around to watching the first season, which I was into for the first few episodes, then stayed with for morbid curiosity until the episode in Vegas, which was completely nonsensical - "Is this what you want Lester?" Why would anyone make that decision?!

It was shot really well, looked great, had a good cast, Thornton was good despite the fact he just seemed to be the way he was purely because he could be written that way... But it just left me cold. The film was fairly violent but it had that dark humour and Coen dialogue, which was largely absent in this, which seemed to try to make up for it with more gratuitous violence. For me, it is a turn off. And I say that as someone who grew up watching Robocop on a regular basis!

Anyway, should I continue with season 2 or would I be just as critical?
Yeah like Donut said, I felt season 2 was a notch above season 1. Give it a go.

Jaap

First episode of season 3 aired yesterday - cracking 9.7 on IMDB last time I checked. Will give this a go tomorrow.

friend

It was a good episode but 9.7 or 9.4 whatever it is on currently is a bit too high. The previous 2 seasons had better opening episodes.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Whoever thought it was a good idea to have Ewan Mc Gregor simultaneously play two lead roles should be shot.

The Firestarter

Those Minnesota accents...I find them hilarious but is that how people really talk over there? I guess they are a bit over the top.

Tarrou

Those Minnesota accents...I find them hilarious but is that how people really talk over there? I guess they are a bit over the top.
It's exaggerated but they do talk like that. I was born in that part of the world and the distinctive twang isn't just restricted to Minnesota either. I believe it came about partly because of the high number of Scandinavian & German immigrants in the area (just like the Newfoundland accent can sound a bit Irish).

dellboyy

Is it just me that struggled to get past episode 2 of season 2? Maybe it's because i watched it straight on from season 1 which i loved.

It's been a while now, so I'll have to give it another go since everyone seems to rave about the second season!

The Firestarter

That A.C. scene, I guess you can call it a Dark Knight Gambit. But then again, flying saucers in S2...