Television Fargo (tv series)

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Season 1 has been fantastic. I stopped 20 minutes into season 2 as it felt so odd compared to the first season.
Might give it another try.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Watched S1 of this a while back and the sharp change put me off S2 at first but I'm railing through it now. It's so good.

Love the Lebowski nods too, like the "just dropped in" song and Mike Milligan starting his little story with "sometimes there's a man".

I'm looking forward to S3.

NeglectedGoat

I watched the first episode of the new season last night and thought it was brilliant. Hopefully it continues in the same vein.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Thought the opener was great, but I'm not sure Ewan is a good fit. He can't really do the accent, the prosthetics are distracting and he seems like a star forced into a role better befitting a character actor. The plot was as good as ever though.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Just finished season two.

What the actual goddam feck was the UFO about? That was just stupid and ridiculous and absolutely shit.

It's really annoyed me because the show was great otherwise but the sheer pointlessness of it and the fact it doesn't fit in any way whatsoever is just mental. It's like a page from another script got accidentally photocopied into the episode and nobody had the balls to question the genius of the writer and he just went along with it.

Nonsense.

Drifter

American
Not feeling this season so far.Guess things may pick up second half of the series

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Just finished season two.

What the actual goddam feck was the UFO about? That was just stupid and ridiculous and absolutely shit.

It's really annoyed me because the show was great otherwise but the sheer pointlessness of it and the fact it doesn't fit in any way whatsoever is just mental. It's like a page from another script got accidentally photocopied into the episode and nobody had the balls to question the genius of the writer and he just went along with it.

Nonsense.
I think they just dropped it in there since there was huge amounts of UFO sightings and reports in that specific area during the time period the series takes place.

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2015/10/27/fargo-val-johnson-incident

The story that inspired it.

wr8_utd

:'(
Just finished S2 and loved it. The UFO thing was a bit bizarre but that article seems to explain it!

Amir

For me, it's a level or two below season 1 & 2. It's 5 episodes down, and the story doesn't seem to go anywhere. And parts of the series has been utterly boring.
Agreed, It's still good, just not as good as previously.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
So being on the 9th episode, has season 3 improved at all?

Considering giving it a binge.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
It's been good. Not as good as season 2, but better than the first.

Definitely worth a binge.
Season 1 was much better than season 2, it's the original story and the characters were brilliant. Season 2 was still great.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
How good is Micahel Stuhlbarg in this? He's pretty much excellent in every role.

So being on the 9th episode, has season 3 improved at all?

Considering giving it a binge.
What do you mean improved? The 3 seasons are pretty stand-alone with only small ties between them.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I watched the first episode of season 3 and haven't really felt like carrying on. I thought season 1 was fantastic and season 2 was really good but the UFO annoyed me to a great level.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Disappointing finale dampens what was up to that point a really enjoyable season. Serious turd of a finish left me more than slightly annoyed. Way too many unanswered questions and all seemed very rushed at the end.

jem

Nowhere near the level of the first two seasons, but it really picked up over the last two episodes. Still, Carrie Coon was criminally underused, given that she's like the greatest actress ever.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Just past the midway point in series two, it's very good.

Didn't enjoy the film at all, but this is very entertaining.

peridigm

Huge mistake mate, Season 2 was even better than Season 1. Absolutely amazing and worth watching.
Agreed. Show keeps getting better. Think season 3 was better yet. Only complaint about season 3 is the final few minutes. Thought it was flat.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Just finished episode 9 of season 3, enjoyed it a lot so far. David Thewlis is brilliant as the baddie, I thought Ewan McGregor did a great job playing the Stussy brothers and the story was fun and silly overall. I liked the California episode as well.

Also, this must be the best show for female actresses no? The parts are great, and they've cast them very well. Carrie Coon and Mary Elizabeth Winstead have both been fantastic.

Loublaze

ATLien
Season 4 is returning in 2019 with Chris Rock playing the lead. His character will be a 1950s Kansas City crime boss in a power struggle with the Italian mob. Sounds promising. I just re watched the first season and was reminded of its brilliance. I didn't really notice it before but Martin Freeman's accent progressively got worse as the season went on, especially after his character Lester married the Asian chick and he won salesman of the year, a year after getting away with his first wife's murder. He totally lost the Minnesota accent

https://www.indiewire.com/2018/08/fargo-season-4-chris-rock-cast-fx-plot-details-1201990746/

youngrell

Great news. Sounds like a good premise and Rock as the lead sounds interesting.

Wasn't a huge fan of Season 3, so hopefully it's a bit better and closer to S1 and 2.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Season 4 is returning in 2019 with Chris Rock playing the lead. His character will be a 1950s Kansas City crime boss in a power struggle with the Italian mob. Sounds promising. I just re watched the first season and was reminded of its brilliance. I didn't really notice it before but Martin Freeman's accent progressively got worse as the season went on, especially after his character Lester married the Asian chick and he won salesman of the year, a year after getting away with his first wife's murder. He totally lost the Minnesota accent

https://www.indiewire.com/2018/08/fargo-season-4-chris-rock-cast-fx-plot-details-1201990746/
KC is an underutilized film locale for shenanigans in the mid 1900's.

Tarrou

Could not get into season 3 at all but excited about 4 now they've announced Chris Rock

Season 2 the best for me, so far

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Yeah I found season 3 a bit shit, just pretty dull all round. 2 was superb, and 1 had some great moments (mostly Billy-Bob) but was ultimately a complete mess.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
Adored the first two seasons of this. Watched the film just to prepare for them back in 2014/15 and they were absolutely worth the effort I put in. Couldn't bring myself to watch the third season at the time of its release because of personal reasons but I'll get around to it before season 4.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Never went back to season three. It just didn't work for me from the off.

Loved one and two though, aside from the UFO nonsense as I've grumbled about before.

Not sure what to think about Chris Rock being in season four, but will give it a shot no question.