Film Fast & Furious 9 (2020)

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
You son of a bitch, I'm in.

I wonder if Dom's long-lost and oddly never mentioned brother will switch allegiances and end up saving his bro rather than killing him?

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Should be a whole lot better without the Rock in it. He’s a truly horrible actor and every time he’s been involved The franchise has been diluted. Peaking with the pathetically stupid Hobbs & Shaw.

The ridiculous need to shape it around obscenely impossible set pieces of ever increasing absurdity has killed them as proper movies.

I’ll watch it at some point, but the only decent efforts in the series have been those with at least a foot in reality.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Should be a whole lot better without the Rock in it. He’s a truly horrible actor and every time he’s been involved The franchise has been diluted. Peaking with the pathetically stupid Hobbs & Shaw.

The ridiculous need to shape it around obscenely impossible set pieces of ever increasing absurdity has killed them as proper movies.

I’ll watch it at some point, but the only decent efforts in the series have been those with at least a foot in reality.
Why isn’t Rock in it?

Sylar

Vin Diesel and Tyrese are jealous of the Rock.

Lets be honest, they were never proper movies. And they only started getting to be box office smashes once Rock joined.

Insane set pieces is what makes this awesome.

Berbasbullet

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Vin Diesel and Tyrese are jealous of the Rock.

Lets be honest, they were never proper movies. And they only started getting to be box office smashes once Rock joined.

Insane set pieces is what makes this awesome.
I don’t give a shit about them being box office smashes. They’ve got far worse post the Rock. He’s made the franchise worse. Albeit more profitable.

Insane set pieces are only enjoyable if they have roots in reality. Car stunts in films are among my favourite things to see on screen. Ignoring the laws of physics to see Vin Diesel kick flip a Tank over a Lear Jet that’s subsequently caught by The Rock.... nah.

I do enjoy garbage movies for their sheer stupidity and fun. But the F&F movies were good for far-fetched car stunts. Abandoning all sense of reality in the last 5-7 movies means they’re closer to superhero movies than Car-Action movies now.

Obviously I’d love to be involved in one, make a ton of money and stuff. But I’d be able to accept how proposterous the whole thing was at the same time.

Dante

Average bang
I don't think I've ever watched a of the Fast & Furious movie. But Vin Diesel and Rock facing up to each other is one of the greatest scenes in cinema history.

:lol:
From 1:40 onwards. They hated each other so much, the director had to shoot them 6 feet apart because they couldn't stand to look at each other.

GueRed

People must enjoy this franchise if there are NINE fecking movies!

Not bothered with them tbh.

I did like one from 2001 though and i saw the one set in Brazil which wasnt a bad action movie tbf.

Berbasbullet

I don't think I've ever watched a of the Fast & Furious movie. But Vin Diesel and Rock facing up to each other is one of the greatest scenes in cinema history.

From 1:40 onwards. They hated each other so much, the director had to shoot them 6 feet apart because they couldn't stand to look at each other.
Wait, what?! So they had to edit it to make them look close together?

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
If you watch this for the acting then god help you but like the transformers films I'm in for big stunts and big explosions.

Dante

Average bang
Wait, what?! So they had to edit it to make them look close together?
:lol: They didn't even bother to edit.

Vin Diesel and the Rock are obviously standing to the side of each other, looking past the other's shoulder whilst pretending to stare into their eyes. Look at the relative sizes of their heads! Like they're talking to the other's mini-mes in each shot.

I can't stop watching it.

Berbasbullet

Vin Diesel and the Rock are obviously standing to the side of each other, looking past the other's shoulder whilst pretending to stare into their eyes. Look at the relative sizes of their heads! Like they're talking to the other's mini-mes in each shot.

:lol: the first one gets me, tiny Rock :lol:

pascell

Jesus that's horrific :lol:

Sylar

Jheez, dont remember it being this bad.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Jheez, dont remember it being this bad.
Yeah I had no idea that that scene was supposed to resemble them talking “face to face”. I always just watched it as they were talking next to each other, looking past one another. Like how military personnel usually would just look straight ahead, and the scene always looked fine. Now this puts another angle on it....excuse the pun

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Vin Diesel has always been up his own arse and thinks he is actually some kind of real life bad boy street racer and shit.

Someone in here said the Rock is a bad actor but they completely ignored how truly awful Vin Diesels "acting" is :lol: all he does is pull a stupid face while saying something in a partially deep voice, that you can actually understand. He's a total weapon.

That said, F&F films have always been a good laugh, just due to how outrageous they are. Good old brainless fun.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Vin Diesel has always been up his own arse and thinks he is actually some kind of real life bad boy street racer and shit.

Someone in here said the Rock is a bad actor but they completely ignored how truly awful Vin Diesels "acting" is :lol: all he does is pull a stupid face while saying something in a partially deep voice, that you can actually understand. He's a total weapon.

That said, F&F films have always been a good laugh, just due to how outrageous they are. Good old brainless fun.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I can't wait.

Vin and Rock hate each other since Rock was the one that demanded Hobbs and Shaw. Tyrese hated him for it too.

But Vin needs to remember that he too turned his back on the franchise, thinking it was below him, after the first one. That's why only Paul Walker returned for the second. Then Vin realised he's a shite actor and came back. Now he acts like he is Dom in real life.

Both idiots. Shame that Statham isn't in this one, always liked his character.

Can't wait to see how Han has survived. Knowing this series, they won't even mention it :lol:

I was really enjoying the series, which for me personally, peaked at 7. The 8th was just bland. Hopefully this is better.

lsd

The Oracle

I don't think i have ever heard The Rock be critical of another actor the way he was about Diesel and how he behaved on the set to everyone else.

The Rock is not a great actor but he is a huge star much bigger than Diesel and yet has strived to be approachable and professional on set so to react the way he did would show just how big a prick Deisel is.

Can't blame him for not wanting to work with him and do any more of these films especially as they are pure garbage and if you are going to make bad films at least be in a happy professional environment in doing so.

As for Tyrese he just came across as completely jealous and bitter

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus

These are grown adults being paid tens of millions of dollars to be professionals, right?

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I don't think i have ever heard The Rock be critical of another actor the way he was about Diesel and how he behaved on the set to everyone else.

The Rock is not a great actor but he is a huge star much bigger than Diesel and yet has strived to be approachable and professional on set so to react the way he did would show just how big a prick Deisel is.

Can't blame him for not wanting to work with him and do any more of these films especially as they are pure garbage and if you are going to make bad films at least be in a happy professional environment in doing so.

As for Tyrese he just came across as completely jealous and bitter
My friend was a steadycam op on a Bin Diesel movie, I think it was Babylon A.D. and he said Vin was an ultra knob to everyone.

Every take was late because he would refuse to come on set until he finished the games he was playing on the PlayStation in his trailer.

Therefore, every day would run over and nobody got overtime because of the way their contacts were setup in Prague.

The guy seems like a complete nightmare.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Checked this knobheads wiki and it says this...

Diesel has said he prefers to maintain his privacy regarding his personal life, stating: "I'm not gonna put it out there on a magazine cover like some other actors. I come from the Harrison Ford, Marlon Brando, Robert De Niro, Al Pacino code of silence."

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
This came out the other day, just watched it.

They've outdone themselves in wackiness.

Strapping rockets onto cars in space is peak fast and furious IMO, edging out Idris Elba super soldier.

choccy77

This came out the other day, just watched it.

They've outdone themselves in wackiness.

Strapping rockets onto cars in space is peak fast and furious IMO, edging out Idris Elba super soldier.
Saw this 2 months back and I still prefer the earlier years upto ff6 after that became far too Hollywood.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
This is absolutely crap and I generally like these movies, but from the start it was just off, usually you get a bit of a story leading to the action, this was the 2 boys turning up with a video and nonsensical reasoning to go after them, also the generally looked a bit off like the original justice leagues editing out of superman’s moustache.