Film Favorite movie opening scene

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Some great ones being mentioned, ones I've forgotten about too.
Kubricks Lolita is phenomenal.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
This is one of my favourites. Anyone with me ?

Balljy

I've always loved the opening sequence of Ali with the way it works around the music of Sam Cooke and is an 8 minute continuous sequence leading into the movie itself.

Simbo

Just the sound in the first 30 seconds has always given me chills.

Opening of JJ's first Star Trek film was intense.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Huge omission so far. City of God. With the quick editing chicken chase scene and then the face off and the transition to the past for the start of the story.

Reiver

This was my favourite as a child. Like The Dark Knight it starts with an intricate plan and introduces the audience to an iconic villain(s). Love the music too.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
It's also one of mine. John Malkovich is perfect as Cyrus the Virus. I also love when he sings "nothing makes me sadder, than the agent lost his bladder, in the airplane". I always piss myself to that, hilarious.
I always laugh every time Colm Meany throws a hissy fit... Pretty much every scene he's in :lol:

MoskvaRed

I can’t be bothered posting links (they are all on You Tube) but the following are worthy of mention (and you all know the first one anyway):

1. Star Wars - the shot of the big ship followed by a huge ship flying over a planet is cinema at its most viscerally thrilling.

2. Diva - a frankly ridiculous example of the “cinéma du look” genre but the opening scene is superb.

3. The Third Man - the cynical voiceover perfectly sets the tone of the film.

Krits

Has to be the Matrix for me. I remember being a little boy when I watched that scene and just being amazed. I just knew the movie would be amazing.

Another one that I remember all my friends and myself going “MEAN” to was 300. Just knew it would be a good action flick. Not a great movie, but just goos old popcorn flick.

reddevilchennai

Thought that this would be another horrible sequel of a great movie when they announced this project. But this has to up there as one of the best ever sequels made.