Favourites to win World Cup?

Rojofiam

1. Brazil
2. France (personal gut feeling is that they'll be nowhere near)
3. Argentina
4. England
5. Spain
6. Germany
7. Netherlands
8. Belgium & Portugal

Swoobs

Supports
Florentina
Brazil And France have the best players and are favorites, and that usually meant they will not win it. Same for Argentina, which is the best team on paper and record.
I will put my money on Germany but I will not sleep on Portugal, just look at the players in their squad

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Don't know why everyone's so bullish on Brazil tbh. We have a talented squad, but really haven't been tested by anyone decent in a very long time. Aside from the big two, the rest of CONMEBOL is the weakest it has been in decades. Remains to be seen how strong the team actually is.

BlackShark_80

Based on the squad depth:
  1. France
  2. Brazil
  3. England
  4. Portugal
  5. Argentina
  6. Germany
  7. Spain
  8. Netherlands
  9. Belgium
  10. Croatia
Overall only Germany and Spain seems to have the best coach. Southgate and Martinez are unfortunately a serial bottlers.

Last edited:

foolsgold

Honestly don't have a clue, it's a weird situation with a mid season tournament and a very unusual venue.

Could easily result in a total surprise outcome.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Based on the squad depth:
  1. France
  2. Brazil
  3. England
  4. Portugal
  5. Argentina
  6. Germany
  7. Spain
  8. Netherlands
  9. Belgium
  10. Croatia
Overall only Germany and Spain seems to have the best coach. Southgate and Martinez are unfortunately a serial bottlers.
Blasphemer, we have god king Van Haal. His wrath will be swift and terrible for this sacrilige.

led_scholes

1) Brazil
2) Argentina
3) France
4) Netherlands

And I will put money on Serbia to reach semi finals. (they will probably fall to Brazil and Switzerland though). Portugal if they don't just hoof it to Ronaldo can also do something.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
1) Brazil
2) Argentina
3) France
4) Netherlands

And I will put money on Serbia to reach semi finals. (they will probably fall to Brazil and Switzerland though). Portugal if they don't just hoof it to Ronaldo can also do something.
I'd rank Spain, Portugal and Germany above us honestly. On paper I'd say England as well but they've been terrible lately.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
In terms of squad strength/depth:

1. Brazil (Neymar, Vinicius Jnr, Jesus, Casemiro, Firmino, Rodrygo, Raphina, Antony, Fabinho, Marquinhos, Silva, Militao, Ederson, Alisson)
2. France (Mbappe, Benzema, Nkunku, Tchouameni, Camavinga, Pavard, Kounde, Upamecano, Coman, Martial)
3. England (Kane, Foden, Sterling, Saka, Grealish, Rice, Bellingham, James, TAA, Stones, Walker, Mount, Rashford)
4. Portugal (Ronaldo, Bruno, Silva, Cancelo, Leao, Dias, Felix, Neves, Mendes, Nunes, Sanchez)
5. Argentina (Messi, Dybala, Martinez, Alvarez, Di Maria, Martinez, Otamendi, Acuna)
6. Spain (Busquets, Pedri, Gavi, Rodri, Morata, Alba, Carvajal, Torres, Laporte, Thiago)
7. Germany (Kimmich, Havertz, Gundogan, Gnabry, Muller, Sane, Goretzka, Rodger, Neuer)
8. Netherland (VVD, De Jong, De Ligt, Gravenberch, Timber, Ake, Depay)

In terms of chance of winning:

Brazil > France > Argentina > Spain > Portugal > England > Netherland > Germany

My money is on Brazil winning it. They clearly have better squad depth than anyone else, especially with all their key players in good form.

France used to be the favourite, but with Kante, Pogba, Varane out injured, their chance of winning is significantly reduced. But with Mbappe, Benzema, Nkunku, Tchousmeni all on good form, you can't really count them out on winning it.

Argentina doesn't have the best squad depth on paper, but they do have one of the best team play in the tournament, beating Brazil in last Copa. Plus Messi seems to be in fine form this season too.

Portugal is also good on paper, but with their key players in poor form (Ronaldo, Bruno), plus recent injuries to Jota, I don't see them having any chance winning it.

England has a bad manager, hence we won't win it, even though on paper we do have the squad depth to compete with the best.

Just don't see Spain, Netherland, Germany winning it either. They are lacking something on their front line.

Last edited:

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Would say Brazil and Argentina are the favourites, other than them the European teams have been very inconsistent to claim any to be a favourite.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Brazil and Argentina have a great chance I think.

there will be a dark horse though like always.probably Belgium or someone like that.

Idxomer

Brazil or Argentine. Spain will do well but they will be hurt at one point due to the lack of quality forwards. Germany, England and Portugal could flop badly or find themselves in the semifinals by grinding out wins.

I don't see France repeating. It's almost an impossible task anyway but they also have had too many changes to the team and injuries to their main players over the last year.

led_scholes

I'd rank Spain, Portugal and Germany above us honestly. On paper I'd say England as well but they've been terrible lately.
Forgot Spain. Germany not so sure: on paper they have good players, but I think they will be a favorite for the next Euro. England with a coach similar to LVG, or Enrique would be in my top 3. But they look so meeeh.

dinostar77

Any team who can play slow dull pass the ball to death football in the heat (will still be hot in the evenings). So id say spain or brasil.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Player wise it should be France but I'm almost confident that they won't.

I say Germany or Brazil.
Argentina and Netherlands are the dark horses.

Spain doesn't have it in them to be honest, their team is rather dreadful player wise.

cyberman

Brazil. Having three players playing well together at Inited could be a huge plus for them.
On another note my mate lives there now and can get any ticket for any game he wants. There doesn’t seem much of a rush for them just yet, has tickets to 5 different games

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Argentina, Brazil, Spain, Germany, France. Not sure in what order, I don't care a lot about what happens beforehand, the tournament itself will have its own dynamic. The rest can't win it, zero chance.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Argentina, Brazil, Spain, Germany, France. Not sure in what order, I don't care a lot about what happens beforehand, the tournament itself will have its own dynamic. The rest can't win it, zero chance.
Harsh on Portugal.

dinostar77

I wouldnt rule out a suprise team or finalist. First WC in middle of european season. Something may be different.

Trezeguet17

I wouldnt rule out a suprise team or finalist. First WC in middle of european season. Something may be different.
This
It will be a freakish WC where form plays the biggest role since there is no preparation

RedDevilRoshi

Brazil or Argentina for me. Just can’t look past either of them. France & Holland outsiders.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
According to the bookies:
5:1 Brasil (EUR 5 return for a EUR 1 bet)
7:1 France, Argentina
8:1 England
9:1 Spain
11:1 Germany
13:1 Netherlands, Belgium
15:1 Portugal

Swordsman

Brazil And France have the best players and are favorites, and that usually meant they will not win it. Same for Argentina, which is the best team on paper and record.
I will put my money on Germany but I will not sleep on Portugal, just look at the players in their squad
I will shave skin head if Portugal wins world cup.

Who is their center forward ? surely not Ronaldo ?