Favourites to win World Cup?

Lee565

Winning this world cup won't have the same prestige as others, it bit like when liverpool won the league during covid

hmchan

Okay, maybe the referee wasn't at his best. But in the end Italy still lost, so how was it a disgrace?

I wouldn't rule out that they show good team play, but how is that an impressive lineup? VvD, Dutch Maguire and Frenkie aside it's a bunch of players, who are pretty talented, but ultimately not good enough for elite clubs (yet) and that's what it usually comes down to at these tournaments, as dominating the ball by itself doesn't get you anywhere. You (also) need to succeed in the key individual moments, like your keeper stepping up the one or two times your defense is bound to let something slip or your attackers making the most out of the two or three opportunities you'll get in a close game.

LuckyScout78

I think Argentina has most winner heads players in the team and squad. They have many really aggresive players. Really high high winning and figthing mentality.

Otamendi has been really good after leaving City.

At this moment. My brain think Argentina. But i really enjoy watching Denmark playing football. Denmark have really good team playing. The collective of Denmark is really good and strong. Special the build and attack. Big pleasure to watch Denmark playing football. If Denmark had a world class player who is a team player. I think Denmark could go really far. It's the collective and United of Denmark. I am really impress.

Argentina

and

Denmark as the outsider and surpise team.

saivet

I've just done a World Cup predictor looking at the draws in more detail, these are my favourites, in order. One big assumption I've made is France having a bad tournament - finishing 2nd in their group behind Denmark and then facing Argentina in the round of 16.

1. Brazil
2. Argentina
3. Spain
4. England
5. Portugal/Denmark

As an England fan, I think it's entirely possible that the draw opens up our favour. If England win their group, with Argentina and Brazil also winning their respective group then we're on the opposite half of the draw. I think we're heavy underdogs against either of those sides and while I might fancy Spain or France against us in a one off game, I'd give us a decent chance of beating them.

LuckyScout78

Can and will Wout Faes be Belgium missing link? You just don't a big tournament by beautiful skill and style. Like the golden generation of Belgium with De Bruyne, Hazard, Mertens and Lukaku.

Wout Faes just came to Leicester City this summer. But after he start. Leicester City has went from bottom team to have 5 cleen sheets in Wout Faes 8 starter. Wout Faes just got his debut for Belgium. And with his form. I think Faes will be the regular starter for Belgium. And Faes can be a key player if Belgium will doing well and go far i think.

Belgium just need so badass of a CB. Super aggresive, brave and with top figthing spirit. Can be what Belgium is lacking. A strong and rock solid defend.

Example France didn't won World Cup before they combine the super high football skills with really strong powerful and physical team. With Viera, Desailly, Thuram and those kide of physical advantage.

A rock solid and strong defend. A defend hard to break and beat. Got to be there. Beside offenesive top and world class ball skills. Both top level in defend and attack. Those teams that come closest and highest to the top level in both defend and attack will rise theirs chance to win the world cup.

So exciting to see how far Belgium will go. With Wout Faes as a regualar starter.

avgp_1

Can and will Wout Faes be Belgium missing link? You just don't a big tournament by beautiful skill and style. Like the golden generation of Belgium with De Bruyne, Hazard, Mertens and Lukaku.

Wout Faes just came to Leicester City this summer. But after he start. Leicester City has went from bottom team to have 5 cleen sheets in Wout Faes 8 starter. Wout Faes just got his debut for Belgium. And with his form. I think Faes will be the regular starter for Belgium. And Faes can be a key player if Belgium will doing well and go far i think.

Belgium just need so badass of a CB. Super aggresive, brave and with top figthing spirit. Can be what Belgium is lacking. A strong and rock solid defend.

Example France didn't won World Cup before they combine the super high football skills with really strong powerful and physical team. With Viera, Desailly, Thuram and those kide of physical advantage.

A rock solid and strong defend. A defend hard to break and beat. Got to be there. Beside offenesive top and world class ball skills. Both top level in defend and attack. Those teams that come closest and highest to the top level in both defend and attack will rise theirs chance to win the world cup.

So exciting to see how far Belgium will go. With Wout Faes as a regualar starter.
Massively impressed with how Faes has adapted to the Premier League. Tielemens is also looking quite good and of course a lot will depend on De Bruyne and Courtois. Belgium aren't as good as 2018 on paper but could cause a surprise here

Real Name

I think Argentina has most winner heads players in the team and squad. They have many really aggresive players. Really high high winning and figthing mentality.

Otamendi has been really good after leaving City.

At this moment. My brain think Argentina. But i really enjoy watching Denmark playing football. Denmark have really good team playing. The collective of Denmark is really good and strong. Special the build and attack. Big pleasure to watch Denmark playing football. If Denmark had a world class player who is a team player. I think Denmark could go really far. It's the collective and United of Denmark. I am really impress.

Argentina

and

Denmark as the outsider and surpise team.
But, what do you think about Denmark. :D

LuckyScout78

Massively impressed with how Faes has adapted to the Premier League. Tielemens is also looking quite good and of course a lot will depend on De Bruyne and Courtois. Belgium aren't as good as 2018 on paper but could cause a surprise here
Yeah those golden generation players are 4 years older. Special Hazard has had a really deep downfall. It's like he just disapear from the football world. Totally what is happening with him after joining Real Madrid.

Belgium i think had some decent and good defenders Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Dedryck Boyata and Vermaelen. But i think this new guy Woet Faes is more complete than those CBs i mentioned above. Faes is really aggresive and he goes into tackling and playing on the limit. But with intention to win or break the attack i think.
But again. Like you said. It depend on the rest of the Belgium squad too. But to be honest. I think Argentina and Brazil right now is more complete and have lesser weakness than Belgium.
But i have just took a quick or haven't look and analize really closely on all the team squads yet. I just known theirs players in different leagues in Europe.
I most familiar with the European nation teams like England, France, Netherlands, Belgium and Denmark.

LuckyScout78

But, what do you think about Denmark. :D
Theirs collective playing is really good. At this moment on nation level. Collective, theirs build up, passing football and how their play as a team. I have enjoy a lot in theirs last tournament. Special the last European cup 2020.

But if beside they really good collective. If they have someone to put theirs goals in. Someone to finish it. A world class CF. Like Haaland. He might just borned some miles and ocean on the worng side :D. Denmark would go really far i think.

Denmark have Kasper Dolberg and some others CF on that level. But not a top level CF.
Everything can happen in knock out stage. If they got the margin on theirs side. You never know. A cup is a cup. It's only match knock out stage. So between two equal good teams. Penalties i think has a lot of luck factors in it.

So all i can say is I am supporting Denmark this year.

I use to support Brazil. But the edition of Ronaldo, Rivaldo and Ronaldinho were more of mine taste and cup of team. But not this edition sorry.

I am really enjoying Mbappe playing. And Mbappe , Benzema and Griezmann combination. When it working and clicking. It's really enjoy to watch.

I haven't studying the road path and map to the final yet.

I will go for Argentina vs Denmark in the final. And Denmark all the way.

RopersReturn

Despite their poor performances lately I actually think Germany will be in the final. They’re so well organised and are the masters tournament football.

As far as winning, England might stand a slim chance of getting to the semi finals, but Southgate’s tactically rigid system of playing low block with only 3 at the back will put massive pressure on our erratic defence and Pickfords a worry when our goal is under siege.
Overall favourites to win would be Argentina who will assume the role of Italy in their absence. Such a wealth of talent, plus they’ve got some great young players in the current squad.

1. Argentina
2. Brazil
3. Germany
4. Spain
5. Belgium
6. Portugal

LuckyScout78

I claimed and stated that Pierre-Emile Højbjerg is the premier leauge most underrated CM player. But i think i will rate him as "The world most underrated football player"

Conte is a reason. But behind Spurs top 4 last season and Denmark really team and collective united and strength. Good collective football is most of this man effort. Højbjerg is not only a really hard working cm player. He is good in the build up and offensive too. Special if he win the ball in the middle. You know he will deliver a precise pass to the attacking players or he will make run forward with the ball.

One of the most complete and allround cm player right now in football world.

And i have recognized that Jose Mourninho have eyes to caught those really good players. It was Mourinho who brought Højbjerg to Spurs. But the only problem for Mourinho is. Mourinho has run out of luck. It's like the time for Mourinho to manage and lead the top clubs is over. Like Sir Alex and Wenger. Everybody has theirs time. The size of the club for Mourinho after United were Spurs and As Roma. So the direction is pointing down.

So back to Pierre-Emile Højbjerg. The most key player for Denmark is here. The guy that bind the defend and attack and let play as a Unit. A strong, solid and well play Unit.

Denmark has a good defend and back 4. Good midfield. But they attack is lacking a world class CF. And if Mikkel Damsgård find and hit his top level again. Over the whole tournament. Damsgård will help and contribute in the attack options and playing.

From the last European 2020 cup and after that. Not many nations in Europe are playing better football than Denmark.

That are mine analizing of Denmark qualities and abilities. Theirs strength is the collective and they are playing as a team. Both in defensive and offensive. As strong and solid unit. A key factor to doing well.

Swordsman

I claimed and stated that Pierre-Emile Højbjerg is the premier leauge most underrated CM player. But i think i will rate him as "The world most underrated football player"

Conte is a reason. But behind Spurs top 4 last season and Denmark really team and collective united and strength. Good collective football is most of this man effort. Højbjerg is not only a really hard working cm player. He is good in the build up and offensive too. Special if he win the ball in the middle. You know he will deliver a precise pass to the attacking players or he will make run forward with the ball.

One of the most complete and allround cm player right now in football world.

And i have recognized that Jose Mourninho have eyes to caught those really good players. It was Mourinho who brought Højbjerg to Spurs. But the only problem for Mourinho is. Mourinho has run out of luck. It's like the time for Mourinho to manage and lead the top clubs is over. Like Sir Alex and Wenger. Everybody has theirs time. The size of the club for Mourinho after United were Spurs and As Roma. So the direction is pointing down.

So back to Pierre-Emile Højbjerg. The most key player for Denmark is here. The guy that bind the defend and attack and let play as a Unit. A strong, solid and well play Unit.

Denmark has a good defend and back 4. Good midfield. But they attack is lacking a world class CF. And if Mikkel Damsgård find and hit his top level again. Over the whole tournament. Damsgård will help and contribute in the attack options and playing.

From the last European 2020 cup and after that. Not many nations in Europe are playing better football than Denmark.

That are mine analizing of Denmark qualities and abilities. Theirs strength is the collective and they are playing as a team. Both in defensive and offensive. As strong and solid unit. A key factor to doing well.
Sequel to 1992 fairytale, possible but unlikely.

DevilRed

Brazil, as long as they don't play Fred in midfield too much.

France have too many injured key players.

England could be a darkhorse, but they are handicapped by a fecking useless coward of a manager.

GregM40

My money is on Argentina, very tough side to beat and great attacking options. I think I just want Martinez to win it to be fair, although I think Otamendi is first choice (how).

LuckyScout78

Sequel to 1992 fairytale, possible but unlikely.
Yeah i think it will be hard for Denmark. The key and factor for Denmark is to end up above France. Not impossible. If they finish above France then they will avoid Argentina whom i think will finish as nr.1 in group c

Winner of group C will meet 2nd in group D = Argentina vs Denmark already in the 1/8 final and first round of knock stage. Nothing is impossible. But first XI line up and Argentina squad is better than Denmark.

My mind will not say that Denmark will beat Argentina. But again if Denmark finish on top of group D. Theirs world cup journey will be longer.

It's no doubt Argentina will finish on top of group C. So their opposition team in the next round will be either France and Denmark. Imagine France vs Argentina already in the first knock out round.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Canada and Cameroon will be this years suprises. Belgium, Portugal and Spain will disapoint.
Final will be Brazil-England and Argentina will win the bronze.
England won't go far under Southgate, the first decent side they come up against they'll be on the next flight home

Charrockero

Supports
Chivas de Guadalajara
Champions: Argentina
Subs: Brazil

MVP: Messi (alhtough IMO Di Maria will be the deciding factor)
Revelation players: Darwin Núñez, Alexis McAllister, Iñaki Williams, Kim Min Jae, Julián Álvarez

Dissapointments: France, Spain & Germany
Surprises: Senegal, Canada, Poland & Korea

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I fancy Brazil to win it. Pretty boring but them or the Argentina.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Argentina has piss easy group. Brazil will have it more difficult, and might as well finish 2nd with one or two unlucky draws.

Argentina will win the group without breaking a sweat and then they will play either Denmark or France, and then Netherlands so it gets tough.

Brazil (if wins group) will face Portugal or Uruguay, which is not bad, but in next round they are likely to face Spain or Germany.

That's far stretched analysis but I will go for Brazil to win the tournament.

The only scenario in which Argentina faces Brazil is if Brazil gets 2nd place in group, but it's unlikely, so I will go for Germany as 2nd place.

England has a decent chance to avoid Argentina and Brazil until the final.

Last edited:

island

Supports
Chelsea
Level 1: France

Level 2: Brasil, England

Level 3: Japan, Croatia, Portugal, Spain, United States

Level 4: South Korea, Morocco, Switzerland, Argentina

Level 5: Netherlands, Senegal, Australia

Level 6: Poland