FC Barcelona 2016/2017

Eddy_JukeZ

Pep could return
I would be surprised if he would.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't there rumors of him and Messi not getting along in that 2011-2012 season?

Also, it'd be a weak move from Pep, wouldn't it? Leaving City after 1 season?

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
They're probably the worst they've been since the start of the Guardiola era, but terms like 'inevitable decline' still seem over the top. As we've seen with Chelsea this season it's perfectly possible for a top team to have a poor season and bounce back the next year. Football changes at a very quick pace, after all. But yeah, dreadful from them tonight.
True but Chelsea didn't have an ageing squad. Terry was the only player they really had to replace.

Messi, Busquets, Pique, Iniesta all getting on now and even Suarez is 30. It's not inconceivable that we are seeing the end of this great side.

Sylar

Hopefully they were wined, dined, maybe given some flowers, chocolates. And maybe taken to the top of the Eiffel tower tonight in Paris before being bent over like that.

Moonred

Yup, was going to ask about this...any chances of it happening? They desparately need some tactics, no matter what. Enrique seems to be putting out a 11 in the worst possible formation (442 vs Veratti Rabiot Matuidi!) with no instructions.
Maybe koeman will be a good bet.

Gasolin

4:0 loss away means that PSG has 99% chance of qualifying given the previous stats in the competition in recent time (last 40 years). That's a lot of odds to overcome. Probably not impossible, but crazy. The lack of away goals is a huge point.

Camilo

Messi, Busquets, Pique, Iniesta all getting on now and even Suarez is 30. It's not inconceivable that we are seeing the end of this great side.
I think if they were playing well right now we'd be saying those players are in their prime years. The team has essentially been unchanged for 3 years or something - they just need shaking up. Everyone and everything stagnates. Introduce some top youth and they'll sustain this team for a few years yet.

Bwuk

Wouldn't be surprised if Koeman ends up at Barca in the summer. They love a ex player managing them.

Barca aren't that great a side anymore minus the front three. Messi, Suarez and Neymar carry that side.

I don't think Barca have a better 8 behind the front three than we do for example, they just have that good a front three it wins them the majority of games. PSG were smart getting Di Maria running at their immobile midfield and Draxler attacking Roberto, who's just not a right back.

wr8_utd

:'(
Messi has been carrying them this season and if he doesn't perform, no one does. They need a midfield and not blow their budget on the likes of Gomes

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Yep, Koeman is a good bet for their new manager. I personally dont rate him. Cocu on the other hand is a fantastic coach and im sure he will be a great manager of Barcelona.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
I think there is an over-exaggeration which is normal after a spanking. The team is having a poor season like every team goes through. A new coach is needed with some reinforcements.
Aye. Their shape upon losing the ball in midfield was really poor tonight. Better organisation in that respect will make a world of difference.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Only Sampaoli would be capable of lifting them up, imo. They need someone with the balls, plus a massive overhaul (already said it).

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Maybe one of those German coaches who make the pressing teams - apart from Klopp and Tuchel there are a few more I think. The question is if Messi etc will listen to a low-profile guy.

Ridge Racer

Supports
Real Madrid
I would be surprised if he would.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't there rumors of him and Messi not getting along in that 2011-2012 season?

Also, it'd be a weak move from Pep, wouldn't it? Leaving City after 1 season?
The only problem Pep has is with the current board of directors. He'll never return to Barça while Bartomeu & friends are there

WhoDaGOAT

They haven't been that bad this season. Too dependent on Messi though. He's been carrying them in recent weeks. We saw the outcims from a rare bad day for Messi.

Neymar needs to start scoring more goals.

Iniesta needs to be replaced with a genuine world class midfielder.

Busquets has not been himself for most of the season.

If Real stay in contention for The Champions League, another domestic double is possible for Barcelona.

Jaxa

Never understood why do Andre Gomes is so highly rated, I think he is a portuguese Nick Powell

Bad deals, Umtiti, Andre Gomes, Paco Alcacer...

Ter Stengen is average, Bravo was better
Pretty much, there transfer's as of recent have been mind boggling, £104m spent in the summer and on bang average players, Andre Gomes, Digne, Alcacer, Cillessen, Umtiti, Denis Suarez, not one player there is an upgrade on what they had

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Our transfer deals have been an abomination. €35 million for Andre Gomes and €30 million for Alcácer is an absolute joke. Daylight robbery from Valencia.

Ter Stegen is also a completely average shot stopper, and we don't even have a proper right-back. Vidal was just getting into form and then that injury happened.

I want Verratti

R300k

T A
Dont think Pep gonna leave City too soon hence Xavi will be a proper candidate

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Our transfer deals have been an abomination. €35 million for Andre Gomes and €30 million for Alcácer is an absolute joke. Daylight robbery from Valencia.

Ter Stegen is also a completely average shot stopper, and we don't even have a proper right-back. Vidal was just getting into form and then that injury happened.

I want Verratti
65 million on Gomes and Alcacer, jesus christ.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I don't think Barca have a better 8 behind the front three than we do for example, they just have that good a front three it wins them the majority of games.
Imagine us with that front three! :eek:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The CBs are ridiculously exposed, they need two proper fullbacks and an actual midfield in front of them.

Theonas

Scout
Since the Guardiola days, they have been only as good as Messi or later on, Neymar, Suarez and Messi. They started playing a version of football that is much more direct like us probably back in 2008 with Tevez, Ronaldo and Rooney or even the current Real side. This bypasses the midfield largely and renders its job to simply deliver the ball to that front three who can take it from there. When that front three delivered, this style of football worked just as well and since they are better than ours or Real's, they won even more emphatically. The problem however has always been that they don't control games the way Pep's team did which made them close to indestructible. So whenever the attackers are off form, there just is very little left and they are just as vulnerable as any top side to being completely outplayed.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
This Barcelona team has had some really bad games this season, they were outperformed all over the pitch against Real Sociedad and should have lost that game by 2 or 3 goals but they were unlucky and the strikers were missing a lot of chances. This time they were also outplayed but against a team with better individual quality so more than an odd game this is more of a tendency that indicates Luis Enrique is doing a terrible job.

So right now their biggest problems is how they wasted so much money in average players so they're still lacking depth and quality of they want to challenge for the UCL again and dominate in the league as well. They also have the problem on having reached their salary cap or something like that so that could also be a problem if they wanted to sign a top player. So they're in a rough spot as their coach and directives seem to have done a very poor job in almost all regarding the club. Still the best way to revert this situation would be to get a more capable coach.

VanGaalEra

That Sergi had a proper meltdown, fun reading his TL. Rafael Hernandez guy too, but his was like a 0.5 on the Richter scale compared to Sergi.

Red Star One

Just went on that guy's twitter and he is having a complete meltdown. Just saw this gem
Redcafe-esque.
Sorry but calling Sergi "Redcafe-esque" is such an exaggeration. This guy is a complete clown, an epitome of narcissism and a drama queen. He's the one to say (sorry can't link just yet)
Sergi Domínguez said:
They kept asking when/if will Pep adapt to the Premier League. The question should be: when will the Premier League adapt to Guardiola?
Not even RAWKish level.

:lol::lol::lol: