Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich

Tallis

Can Gnabry play upfront ? I suspect Mane could do quite well at 9

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
I don’t think anybody really knows anything about him besides some hardcore football fans and obviously talent scouts.
Rennes has a good academy and according to his stats at the French U-Teams he has been doing fine. Even being captain:
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/mathys-tel/nationalmannschaft/spieler/801734

#trustinBrazzo
I didn't knew Tel prior to the U17 EC recently.
I followed the german team (mainly due to Wanner) and in the game against france Tel really impressed me. He was a level above everyone on the pitch, and it's not like there weren't any other big talents around.

Because of this match i also watched the other matches of france.
Tel was always really good. He can still work on his finishing (which might just be the case because he's only been playing as a striker/winger for 2 years now, he used to be a FB or DM) but other than that, he's incredibly complete as a striker: Very quick, pretty two-footed, good technical skills, good vision and passes, already quite good with his back to the goal, either shielding the ball good or finding his teammate with a direct pass.

What is also really important in my opinion is that two former coaches especially praised his mentality and professionalism.

I'm really, really happy we signed Tel.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I didn't knew Tel prior to the U17 EC recently.
I followed the german team (mainly due to Wanner) and in the game against france Tel really impressed me. He was a level above everyone on the pitch, and it's not like there weren't any other big talents around.

Because of this match i also watched the other matches of france.
Tel was always really good. He can still work on his finishing (which might just be the case because he's only been playing as a striker/winger for 2 years now, he used to be a FB or DM) but other than that, he's incredibly complete as a striker: Very quick, pretty two-footed, good technical skills, good vision and passes, already quite good with his back to the goal, either shielding the ball good or finding his teammate with a direct pass.

What is also really important in my opinion is that two former coaches especially praised his mentality and professionalism.

I'm really, really happy we signed Tel.
Thank you for this input. I admit that I am clueless about him and haven’t watched a single minute.
But I liked that he captains his U-Team which means that the national coach trusts him. Now that you mention that two ex coaches praise his mentality and professionalism this adds to the picture.
It it a very big jump for him but there is also a gigantic opportunity for him. It’s gonna be interesting how much playing time he gets.

We need an rvn

They quietly had a solid summer.
First off, the usual dig, that it does help that they more or less can sign the best talent in Germany and can attract top young talent by guaranteeing champions league and a league medal - but that's just a jealous side comment.

I think they're a very well run club, seem to sign very good young players who slot into the system most of the time fantastically well. Hats off to them

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
First off, the usual dig, that it does help that they more or less can sign the best talent in Germany and can attract top young talent by guaranteeing champions league and a league medal - but that's just a jealous side comment.

I think they're a very well run club, seem to sign very good young players who slot into the system most of the time fantastically well. Hats off to them
Who did they sign from the German league this summer? They exploited Ajax, which is something we’ve done too albeit at higher prices because our negotiators are shit. They plucked Mane out of arguably the best European club side right now and they signed a young center forward from a different league.

We need an rvn

Who did they sign from the German league this summer? They exploited Ajax, which is something we’ve done too albeit at higher prices because our negotiators are shit. They plucked Mane out of arguably the best European club side right now and they signed a young center forward from a different league.
I wasn't talking about this summer in particular - I was talking in general (ie. looking at the last 5-10 years) how well they do with signings and how well they are run - you do realise that is a compliment and was praise?

The tongue in cheek comment about signing the best from Germany was a side joke, but surely you must agree Bayern are able to sign the best players from other German teams easier than other top teams in other leagues in comparison (if you look over a 10 year period, not Sterling to Chelsea as an example etc). Bayern have the biggest fan base in Germany, which includes players dreaming to play for them from a young age. Simple.

But again, the whole point was how well they are run and just get on with transfers without much fuss

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
The tongue in cheek comment about signing the best from Germany was a side joke, but surely you must agree Bayern are able to sign the best players from other German teams easier than other top teams in other leagues in comparison (if you look over a 10 year period, not Sterling to Chelsea as an example etc).
I know you were joking and didn’t mean any harm, but you made me look it up. ;)

Bayern buy outside of Germany a lot:
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-bayern-munchen/alletransfers/verein/27

We need an rvn

I know you were joking and didn’t mean any harm, but you made me look it up. ;)

Bayern buy outside of Germany a lot:
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-bayern-munchen/alletransfers/verein/27
Thanks for that and another good transfer season for Bayern.

As I said, bayern are a great run club and their signings from foreign countries and scouting is great - although I would argue signing from Bayern 2 which you didn’t highlight is still German, but am assuming that’s the reserve team?

in my tongue in cheek comment it was more how Bayern signed hummels / gotze and Lew from Dortmund in their prime and sold them back (well gotze and hummels) well in their decline to the same club.
don’t see that at other big league how they regularly sign the best players from their rival on such a consistent basis…one off (figo to real as an example was the last time a top player at their peak signed for the rival and Bayern did all three mentioned in the last 10 years or so)

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
although I would argue signing from Bayern 2 which you didn’t highlight is still German, but am assuming that’s the reserve team?
Yes, Bayern II are the reserves so I would ignore them and Bayern‘s U-teams

Blackwidow

Thanks for that and another good transfer season for Bayern.

As I said, bayern are a great run club and their signings from foreign countries and scouting is great - although I would argue signing from Bayern 2 which you didn’t highlight is still German, but am assuming that’s the reserve team?

in my tongue in cheek comment it was more how Bayern signed hummels / gotze and Lew from Dortmund in their prime and sold them back (well gotze and hummels) well in their decline to the same club.
don’t see that at other big league how they regularly sign the best players from their rival on such a consistent basis…one off (figo to real as an example was the last time a top player at their peak signed for the rival and Bayern did all three mentioned in the last 10 years or so)
Lewy was a free transfer because Dortmund did not sell. Götze had a buying clause in his contract.
And the story with Hummels is a special one anyways. Hummels left Dortmund because he did not like Tuchel - and went back because of Kovac... (like that the transfers of him ran without "trouble")

Else it usually is players off contract that Bayern bought for their bench from middle class clubs like they did with Rode, Kirchhoff, Rudy - but actually that has not been a very successful story. That is different to 10 years ago when we e.g. got Neuer from Schalke.

You have to have luck to get world class players from your academy - that does not happen very often. And I actually prefer a team that is mixed of great German players and some international players.

If it is not because of clauses I actually think recently that as soon as the players in Germany really show their talent they get too expensive for Bayern and the EPL comes in. There is not really players in Germany that would strengthen Bayern's first team.

VinchNow

Last Man Standing finalist 2022/23
Supports
Liverpool
4-0 up away from home against Frankfurt
I guess they don't miss Lewandowski so far.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
4-0 up away from home against Frankfurt
I guess they don't miss Lewandowski so far.
So far, so good but Frankfurt‘s setup was a bit suicidal. I mean they tried to cover Gnabry with Kostic for example.
The game was no indicator, but the offense will be fine.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Defensively still don't look very solid. Won't see many clean sheets, like last season.

Pressing was really intense in the first half I saw.

Last edited:

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Defensively still don't look very solid. Won't see many clean sheets like last season.

Pressing was really intense in the first half I saw.
I agree but don’t really count the second half. Your concentration simply drops if you are ahead that much that early.
Upamecano looked good though so maybe a Upa-de Ligt-Hernandez back three can/will work.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
going to stomp the bundesliga into the ground arent they?
Bochum is a pretty bad team and they did okay before committing suicide, but yes, stomps will continue to be served.

Anderson_7_

They're averaging 5 goals a game.

Dortmund, who are supposed to be their biggest “rivals”, bottled a 2 goal lead by conceding 3 goals in extra time against Bremen.

Bundesliga is a fukin joke.

Blackwidow

Too early. But there is many aspects I like right now.

The goals are coming from all sides. The 15 goals right now have been scored by 9 players + own goal.
10 open play goals, 3 set-pieces, one penalty and an own goal - a good mix.
Only one goal against - and that was produced by a Neuer error... - and he even if he makes mistakes is not prone to them.
The offense functions - and it seems that it can be so variable and diverse that all opponents will have difficulties - atleast if the team puts enough energy into the matches.

A lot of alternatives from the bench that really do not lower the quality that much - that is what we were missing.

Blackwidow

When he learns not to shoot offside goals or let's his hand out of the match he would have 6 or 7 goals now and not just 3... But that are things he will learn with getting to know the timing of the opponents and the team better.

Tyrion

At this rate, the other teams should just make their own cup competition or give a trophy to the highest non-Bayern finisher in the league. Be super petty about it. Basically make their own competitions and don't invite Bayern.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
I know it gets joked about on here but is Bayerns dominance (10 in a row now?) seen as a bad thing by the media in Germany?
Not really, no one likes to address the elephant in the room that the Bundesliga title is a forgone conclusion to keep the 'tension' alive

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
At this rate, the other teams should just make their own cup competition or give a trophy to the highest non-Bayern finisher in the league. Be super petty about it. Basically make their own competitions and don't invite Bayern.
Now that would be fun!

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
The thing that people get confused with is that not everyone here cares who wins the BL. Bremen sure as hell aren't depressed that despite coming back from 2 goals down Bayern beat Bochum 7-0 and so will win the league. Neither are Hoffenheim who are close to Bayern in the title race right now, for them winning the title isn't a possibility but getting into Europe is.

Outside of the title race, the league is very competitive with clubs battling for and getting European spots, and many big clubs bring relegated.

It's only outside Germany do people want to focus on who wins the league and nothing else.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The thing that people get confused with is that not everyone here cares who wins the BL. Bremen sure as hell aren't depressed that despite coming back from 2 goals down Bayern beat Bochum 7-0 and so will win the league. Neither are Hoffenheim who are close to Bayern in the title race right now, for them winning the title isn't a possibility but getting into Europe is.

Outside of the title race, the league is very competitive with clubs battling for and getting European spots, and many big clubs bring relegated.

It's only outside Germany do people want to focus on who wins the league and nothing else.
It's the same everywhere. It's just a few weirdos on the internet that are glued to league tables.