Kick-off
Thu, 8 December 2016 @ 6:00pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lucky McLuckerson

The saviour of our season (ask Maradona10)
    ..... VS

Date - Thursday, December 08 2016
    Kickoff Time - 1800 Hrs GMT

Venue - Stadion Chornomorets, Odessa

Europa League form guide

2. Manchester United: LWWLW

4. Zorya Luhansk: DLLDL

Previous Meetings

Manchester United 1 : 0 Zorya Luhansk

All-Time Record

Manchester United wins: 1
    Zorya Luhansk wins: 0
    Draws: 0

Pre-Match Pressers

José Mourinho

Yuriy Vernydub

N/A

Team News

Manchester United

Eric Bailly and Chris Smalling ruled out. Bastian Schweinsteiger not registered with the Europa League squad. Luke Shaw doubtful.

Zorya Luhansk

Mykyta Kamenyuka ruled out. Eduard Sobol suspended.

Know the opposition

Zorya Luhansk, formerly known as Zorya Voroshilovgrad and Zorya-MALS, is a Ukranian professional football club based in Luhansk, playing in the Ukrainian Premier League. The first Luhansk team was created in the Russian Empire in 1908 when the workers of the Russischen Maschinenbaugesellschaft Hartmann created the "Society of wise recreations". In 1923 the workers of the Luhansk steam train factory of the October Revolution (hence – the club's logo with a locomotive) organized their football team "Metalist" which became the forerunner of today's Zorya.

In 1936 the football teams "Metalist" and "Dynamo" united into the united Luhansk city team which next year was given the name Dzerzhynets, which won the league in 1938 and was admitted into the Soviet First League. After a delayed revival post World War II, Zorya reformed on 10 April 1964 as the Soviet Football Federation issued its decision about merger of two clubs "Trudovi Rezervy" and OR Factory team (SC Zorya) into FC Zorya Voroshilovhrad. Today, the modern club considers the factory team as its predecessor that was established back in 1923.

Referee

Tamás Bognár.​

tentan

Poor man's poster.
    Strong team. This is our only chance of qualifying for the Champions league next season.

ClosetDevil

We don't deserve to be in the Champions league. It's more champions. Not these bunch of pansies.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
    Hello darkness, my old friend. We're a cup team so maybe we can fluke it.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
    Need to make sure in this one, while not rucking ourselves up for Tottenham on Sunday

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
    Scout
    West Ham has lost 5 out of their 6 away games.

Then they played us.

And didn't lose.

I can see Zorya getting something from this.
    Yes and then they lost 4-1 to us. But yeah, expecting a crappy draw.

Treble

This is going to be a very difficult game. The conditions won't be ideal, to put it mildly.

Hojoon

I think I've heard the commentators say our last 8 away games in Europe have been 7 losses and 1 draw. We'll probably rest a few players for Spurs so we could worsen that record.

Yagami

Good post resistant
    Hopefully José realises this is our only route to the CL next year and goes all in. It's been evident for a while which is why I've been glad we've been using Carrick in this competition more than the PL.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
    Scout
    I think we'll batter them by a few goals and all be excited for the Spurs game, which will be a draw or a defeat.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
    Hope we can finally turn our European away form around here, but not convinced we will – and I'd almost be saying that regardless of opposition. I'd suggest this may wel be one of the more difficult teams to pick prior to seeing who travels and press conferences, but I'd want the first XI sans Carrick.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    Europa League should be main priority this season, along with EFL Cup and FA cup. Seriously. It's been obvious for over a month that we aren't getting anywhere in the league this season. Hope to see something like this:

Rooney
    Martial Mata Mkhitaryan
    Pogba Herrera
    Blind Jones Bailly Valencia
    De Gea​
    Normally would play Ibra, but Rooney is back for this so play him. Also want the midfield and attacking mid to all be that, so Rooney has to go top.

bosnian_red

Honestly, I don't give a feck one bit about this match nor this competition.
    You should get excited really. It's our best hope to get into the CL next season, and is actually a good competition these days. Plus would put us in the European Super cup next year (along with CL as said). Not sure why anyone would give a feck about the league games because we aren't getting anywhere in that competition. It's all about the cups this season.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
    You should get excited really. It's our best hope to get into the CL next season, and is actually a good competition these days. Plus would put us in the European Super cup next year (along with CL as said). Not sure why anyone would give a feck about the league games because we aren't getting anywhere in that competition. It's all about the cups this season.
    I think the chances of joining the CL through the Europa league are as low as through the league because we don't have the team to win it. We aren't good enough at all.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
    Staff
    We'll murder them, that's just how we are right now.

bosnian_red

I think the chances of joining the CL through the Europa league are as low as through the league because we don't have the team to win it. We aren't good enough at all.
    Who do you think is better in the Europa League? Mourinho always does well in cups too. I think we are clearly the best side in it so we have to go for it.

Yagami

Good post resistant
    We won't win the thing. Nowhere near good enough as it is and when the CL teams join the draw....
    I don't for one second think we're good enough to win this but I still hope José gives it everything because it's our only route into the CL.

Devil may care

In the world of top flight football it doesn't get much bleaker than tea time kick-offs on a Thursday in the arse end of the Ukraine.

Todd

So, a win or a draw and we're through, if I'm reading the graphic that Raw posted correctly?

If I were Mou I'd throw the kitchen sink at this one because the Europa is the only way we're getting CL football next season.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 390 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Zorya win
  • Draw