Fear factor was back

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Newcastle spending the first 30 minutes of the game time wasting. Teams are beat before the match starts. You love to see it

Revan

Assumptionman
Indeed. Just having Ronaldo in the team makes the team be scared, double him and allows other players to have more oppurtunities. Just see the Bruno's goal, the entire defense was focused on Ronnie,

Judas

Open to offers
Eh maybe in time, but that was a pretty typical approach from most Newcastle level teams when they come to OT. Sit deep, hit on the break, frustrate the hell out of us.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
When you see our squad, it will incredibly asinine for any club not to fear us. Only PSg can make a claim that they have a better 11. However, it might effect the way we love to play with the counter.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Eh maybe in time, but that was a pretty typical approach from most Newcastle level teams when they come to OT. Sit deep, hit on the break, frustrate the hell out of us.
Mostly yes, but I feel Newcastle took time wasting in the 5th minute to another level today.

Abraxas

I think that's just Newcastle to be honest rather than being indicative of some wider point. They're in a bit of a hole. It's a weak side with underinvestment so they were always going to play this way.

There will still be some teams that have much more of a go at OT.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Our squad is superb. No team in the league has the attacking personnel like ours imo - Ronaldo, Bruno, Sancho, Pogba, Greenwood, Martial, Rahsford and Cavani is just overkill.

Edit - having said that. I'm still not entirely l convinced by us as a team/collective.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
When you see our squad, it will incredibly asinine for any club not to fear us. Only PSg can make a claim that they have a better 11. However, it might effect the way we love to play with the counter.
United have the better manager though so there’s nothing in it.

choccy77

Our fear factor is back alright, fear how many goals we will concede.

Defense was shaky today.

Matic got skinned several times as did Harry when anyone ran at them.

Hopefully they will sort that out soon, don't understand why Matic kept diving in everytime instead of taking a step back. Schoolboy defending there.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Our squad is superb. No team in the league has the attacking personnel like ours imo - Ronaldo, Bruno, Sancho, Pogba, Greenwood, Martial, Rahsford and Cavani is just overkill.

Edit - having said that. I'm still not entirely l convinced by us as a team/collective.
Not to mention Lingard, Amad, Elanga, Hannibal, Mata and Pellestri(on loan).

Abraxas

Defense was shaky today.

Hopefully they will sort that out soon, don't understand why Matic kept diving in everytime instead of taking a step back. Schoolboy defending there.
We did defend the counter poorly. But bloody hell that boy Saint Maximin can carry the ball. He was a one man outlet for them.

meamth

Defense was shaky today.

Nope I feel relaxed today.

Even when they got through, still have De Geavto beat. Immense star power.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Not to mention Lingard, Amad, Elanga, Hannibal, Mata and Pellestri(on loan).
Absolutely. And 3/4 of our defence are also among the league's best right now. It's just about whether the collective clicks and we find cohesion. That's where I'm skeptical

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Steady!!! How many false downs have we had now? Let's just take it one game at a time...

Mr Smith

Ronaldo, Bruno, Pogba, Rashford, Greenwood, Shaw, Maguire, Varane.

How could teams not fear us? We are back :keano:

Powerhouser

Supports
Bayern Munich
It was Newcastle, not Liverpool, City or Chelsea

Jinn

It was Newcastle, not Liverpool, City or Chelsea
Not too long ago, these were the teams we had a problem with. The big games against the better teams is not some thing to worry about. We will show up for those now that we have a few winners in the team.

choccy77

We did defend the counter poorly. But bloody hell that boy Saint Maximin can carry the ball. He was a one man outlet for them.
Yeah his running is amazing, but it's the last part he struggles with at times.

Him and that Canadian left back (forgot name now) in the same team would tear teams apart.

lysglimt

Scout
9-2 against Leeds and Newcastle without really playing well - that is really positive

RepardReece

Indeed. Just having Ronaldo in the team makes the team be scared, double him and allows other players to have more oppurtunities. Just see the Bruno's goal, the entire defense was focused on Ronnie,
Saw this myself - Bruno definitely doesn't have the space and time to shoot without Ronaldo there today. Ronaldo's signing can really free Bruno up, we saw a few times last season where Bruno got man marked out of the game and it cost us - I don't see that happening this season. All the focus on CR7 now.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I don’t know guys. I think good midfielders will be looking at that thinking I can beat these guys and give them the run around. If they win the midfield and keep countering us while we build slow pressure on the overload… I don’t know…

On the other hand Ronaldo does make a lot of space for the other attackers to operate in and Varane is good on the ball…

It’s always one step forward two back

Hopefully Mct or Fred can make a decent 2 with Pogba

Kevzter

Yup... It's like playing Fifa 22 with cheat codes :lol:

Judas

Open to offers
I don’t know guys. I think good midfielders will be looking at that thinking I can beat these guys and give them the run around. If they win the midfield and keep countering us while we build slow pressure on the overload… I don’t know…

On the other hand Ronaldo does make a lot of space for the other attackers to operate in and Varane is good on the ball…

It’s always one step forward two back

Hopefully Mct or Fred can make a decent 2 with Pogba
Bit miserable.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Not too long ago, these were the teams we had a problem with. The big games against the better teams is not some thing to worry about. We will show up for those now that we have a few winners in the team.
We struggled Vs Wolves and Southampton so far already this season. We've had an easy start too. I'm not banking on anything just yet even if I think this team now should look scintillating on the pitch, which it still doesn't.

Judas

Open to offers
We struggled Vs Wolves and Southampton so far already this season. We've had an easy start too. I'm not banking on anything just yet even if I think this team now should look scintillating on the pitch, which it still doesn't.
Why would it instantly look scintillating when some of the key players have only just arrived? Bit unrealistic.

Pronewbie

Peep
Bit miserable.
Very much so. He created the Ronaldo will be a flop thread, after-all.

Even if Ronaldo isn't here other teams would be looking at our midfield and licking their lips.

You could most certainly see the fear in Newcastle for large portions of the game. It was a sight to behold and long may it continue.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
I've seen all manner of teams do exactly what Newcastle did today...in fact it's been one of the major criticisms of Ole's teams...not breaking that kind of team down at home.

So I'm somewhat confused in a way.

Ali Dia

Bit miserable.
Fair enough. I’m happy with the score and the match was enjoyable but watching Matic amble around is a bit like putting a poor engine in a Rolls Royce. I hope I’m wrong but I can see us vacating the midfield and letting teams build attacks through the middle a bit too often to have genuine control of games. Our attack is now scary as hell. No Rashford or Cavani and Martial on the bench. Lingard in form. Sancho improving. Super stuff.

Ali Dia

Very much so. He created the Ronaldo will be a flop thread, after-all.

Even if Ronaldo isn't here other teams would be looking at our midfield and licking their lips.

You could most certainly see the fear in Newcastle for large portions of the game. It was a sight to behold and long may it continue.
No I didn’t create that thread after - all.

el3mel

Eh not to that degree. Not yet. Newcastle actually looked lovely in second half before Ronaldo's second goal. The period they scored the equalizer in, we weren't particularly playing well. Actually I think we only started to play well once Ronaldo scored his second goal.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Why would it instantly look scintillating when some of the key players have only just arrived? Bit unrealistic.
To be honest I think it should have done already last season, especially in attack.

Cavani
Greenwood
Rashford
Pogba
Bruno
Martial
VDB

That should have already been enough to look very, very good when we got them on the pitch. What we have now is just an embarrassment of riches.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
We've always struggled in games like this under Ole. I thought for most of the game Newcastle were probably better than us, especially in terms of accomplishing what they needed to do.

Now that we've got a guy that just scores, all the bloody time, the opposition is gonna worry that we can still grind one out.

The whole ethos of Fergie's teams were 'we're gonna fecking score whether you like it or not' and that's where the fear was.

Ali Dia

Eh not to that degree. Not yet. Newcastle actually looked lovely in second half before Ronaldo's second goal. The period they scored the equalizer in, we weren't particularly playing well. Actually I think we only started to play well once Ronaldo scored his second goal.
I agree. It was in the balance there for a little while. Like a game of pinball. It’s miserable to point that out though. I really think we need more control and protection in the middle wherever it comes from.

Mindhunter

This has been a long time coming. Ole has done a massive job getting rid of the deadwood and replacing them with class players. I am really excited about the future.

I don’t mind if we don’t play intricate possession football like Guardiola’s teams. It feels like a metronome after a point and the fun is lost. All we need is a world class holding midfielder and our team can give any team a run for their money. It is much more realistic to build a team around well established elite players, promising youngsters, and effective and industrious squad players.

Ronaldo has really raised the profile of the club and it pains me to say this. His brand at the moment is bigger than the club and we will now be taken much more seriously in England as well as in the CL.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Our attacking line-up might bring some fear into teams but I think Newcastle would've been afraid of anyone today since they had already conceded 8 goals in their first 3 games, so they would've had a defence first mentality no matter who they played.