Fear of changing the manager

Josep Dowling

I would happy to give managers time but they would need to earn that time before. The board and some fans seem to think giving a manager time will automatically mean we will improve.

When things aren’t working you push the button. it was evident very early on Moyes was the wrong decision. They did more damage keeping him until it was mathematically impossible to qualify for the Champions League.

LVG should have been sacked around Christmas when we lost 3-0 to Stoke.

Mourinho is an interesting one. I felt given his history with trophies he deserved more time. His first season bought two trophies but we finished 6th. The second season we finished 2nd. Yes the football wasn’t great but it was clear signs of improvement. The board then gave him a bumper contract then decided not to back him. José caused the disharmony but he has proved to be correct with many things. We even signed a world record defender he wanted to buy after we sacked him. Surely that proves he’s right.

And now Ole. I stand by he should have been an interim and got us to the end of his first season. Fans got carried away with the PSG result, which was a complete fluke with that penalty decision. Last season we were in relegation form until we signed Bruno. Somehow we got 3rd in one of the weakest battles for 3rd and 4th in Premier League history. Off the pitch I think he must be doing something right with our youth set up, a lot like Sir Alex did. On the pitch we look awful this season, I just hope it turns around but if after 10 games we are still terrible he needs to be sacked. In no other walk of life would a manager with his credentials be in charge of such a big institution. He never earnt the right to manage us.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
The board know there will be further backlash for sacking Ole at this point because they didn’t ‘back him’ in the transfer window.

They’ll dither and wait until it’s impossible to keep him - by which point another season will be down the drain.
The board dont care what the public think.

simplyared

I'm beginning to think any manager would have problems coming to us. To be fair Mourinho is looking the part again. Know it's early but he's building something now at Spurs. He looked clueless for most of his tenure with us. We're becoming the theatre of screams. No doubt! Ole isn't the man, but question is who is? and if we find the person with the right credentials, would he take on the task?

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I'm beginning to think any manager would have problems coming to us. To be fair Mourinho is looking the part again. Know it's early but he's building something now at Spurs. He looked clueless for most of his tenure with us. We're becoming the theatre of screams. No doubt! Ole isn't the man, but question is who is? and if we find the person with the right credentials, would he take on the task?
Give it time.... There will be big issues with Mourinho soon enough

Bestietom

A top club needs the right manager AND coaches to succeed. Players who do not perform ( no matter who they are) should be dropped. The management team should confer, and make decisions together on team selection and changes to improve the side.
I thought this was our philosophy when Ole was appointed with his coaching staff. Well if it is not working, change it.